Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How are Arizona boards not giving me any information on Ellington. There has to be a twitter update. Somebody with Twitter please get me off this ledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elston Gunn
Apr 15, 2005

Who should I pick up now that Cam is possibly not playing? In a 6 pt passing TD league my options are:
Palmer
Cassel
Eli
Tannehill
Henne
Smith
Big Ben
Carr
Fitzpatrick
Flacco
Some additional scrubs

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Elston Gunn posted:

Who should I pick up now that Cam is possibly not playing? In a 6 pt passing TD league my options are:
Palmer
Cassel
Eli
Tannehill
Henne
Smith
Big Ben
Carr
Fitzpatrick
Flacco
Some additional scrubs

Both Palmer and Tannehill are good adds. I'd lean Palmer, he literally has four elite-to-excellent people to throw to. A chimp could go for 4,000 yards in that offense.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Rotoworld posted:

Appearing on NBC's NFL Kickoff 2014, Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reported Josh Gordon and Wes Welker's suspensions could be reduced or "go away completely" if the NFL and NFLPA agree on a new drug policy.

:getin:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So how about this trade, same .5 ppr league as before:

Patterson + 2nd round pick
for
Keenan Allen

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

God damnit. Is there any indication that this might actually be the case? Or is it just this one dude going "Yeah this might totally happen"?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

VDay posted:

God damnit. Is there any indication that this might actually be the case? Or is it just this one dude going "Yeah this might totally happen"?

The story I saw said they are trying to add testing for HGH, and would try to raise the threshold for weed and move amphetamines to substance abuse instead of PEDs.
It also said Sunday would be a "soft deadline" so I guess we'll have an idea then.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

The Senator Giroux posted:

The story I saw said they are trying to add testing for HGH, and would try to raise the threshold for weed and move amphetamines to substance abuse instead of PEDs.
It also said Sunday would be a "soft deadline" so I guess we'll have an idea then.

Just grabbed Gordon off Waivers in a 20 team league that I went RB/RB on. :getin: indeed.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
It's Florio so probably nothing will come of this.

But of course I dropped Phil Dawson for him.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I've got him stashed in 2 of my 3 leagues. :pray:

edit: ooooh, and just noticed he was just dropped in the 3rd league. put in a claim, hopefully no one else does.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 5, 2014

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I drafted Gordon, then dropped him, and then just picked him up again.

When will the madness end? :psyduck:

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

Dirt posted:

After week 17.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Dirt posted:

Same. I think this car dealer thing is a smokescreen and he will sue if it isnt overturned.

Edit: Holding my breath when Harvin takes a hit and I dont even have him on my teams.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

10 team non-PPR

Starters are RB: DeMarco Murray, Montee Ball, WR: Antonio Brown, Randal Cobb, Roddy White, TE: JimmyGraham

Bench is Joique Bell, Bernard Pierce, Jeremy Hill, Mike Wallace, Golden Tate, Kelvin Benjamin, Travis Kelce

Can't decide if it's worth to drop one of my bench players to pick up Gordon. Help me

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 5, 2014

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Kloaked00 posted:

Starters are RB: DeMarco Murray, Montee Ball, WR: Antonio Brown, Randal Cobb, Roddy White, TE: JimmyGraham

Bench is Joique Bell, Bernard Pierce, Jeremy Hill, Mike Wallace, Golden Tate, Kelvin Benjamin, Travis Kelce

Can't decide if it's worth to drop one of my bench players to pick up Gordon. Help me

Kelce? He still isnt the starter and you wont ever bench Graham anyway.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

kiimo posted:

How are Arizona boards not giving me any information on Ellington. There has to be a twitter update. Somebody with Twitter please get me off this ledge.

Everything I'm seeing on reddit (his #1 fan club) is saying it was an issue with his shoes and it's not a big deal. lovely its the late monday game tho. Monitor the situation and plan accordingly I guess. I might have to switch Spiller in for him vs the (hopefully still) pathetic Bears run D.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
in light of this

who do i drop for gordon

12 team standard no ppr

also what you think of the team? any weaknesses?

Voyaging
Sep 5, 2014

Waroduce posted:

in light of this

who do i drop for gordon

12 team standard no ppr

also what you think of the team? any weaknesses?

I'd certainly drop Isaiah Crowell.

Team is below average in my opinion, good depth at RB but no studs except for Forte.

Ugh, do I really need to go and pick up Gordon in all 19 of my leagues?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Voyaging posted:

:stare:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Crowell doesnt need to be owned so drop him.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

Voyaging posted:

That doesn't even sound fun.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

I guess playing in that many has to take the stress out. Jennings or Gore? gently caress it, I'll start em both a couple of times.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
if i do more than 5 or 6 its hard for me to pay attention. 3-4 is an nice sweet spot

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Waroduce posted:

if i do more than 5 or 6 its hard for me to pay attention. 3-4 is an nice sweet spot

I think 3 is the sweet spot. I did 4 last year, was trying to cut down to 2 this year but got dragged into my brother's league because they needed 1 more team at the last minute, so I'm in 3 this year. Last year there was one league I stopped paying attention.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I hate you, Josh Gordon.

UGH, I just dropped Justin Hunter in my leagues for youuuuuuuu.

Voyaging
Sep 5, 2014

I Am Hydrogen posted:

That doesn't even sound fun.

It is actually. I love the management aspect of fantasy football more than actually rooting for the players while watching, and it also prevents me from having to root against the Browns when my fantasy players are on the opposing team since I can't even keep track of which players I have in which league.

If it makes it any better, 8 of the leagues are free leagues with crazy rosters/scoring just for fun. One is a dynasty league, and the 10 remaining are low-stakes paid leagues ($10 or less buy-in).

Just picked up Gordon in almost all of my leagues by the way :)

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I think 3 is the sweet spot. I did 4 last year, was trying to cut down to 2 this year but got dragged into my brother's league because they needed 1 more team at the last minute, so I'm in 3 this year. Last year there was one league I stopped paying attention.

i had a dude in a public leauge move the draft up and everyone auto drafted except him. i hope i win it

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Waroduce posted:

i had a dude in a public leauge move the draft up and everyone auto drafted except him. i hope i win it

what a dick move.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Waroduce posted:

That is hilarious

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

what a dick move.

Also this

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003

Waroduce posted:

I found your problem.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Deer_fire posted:

I found your problem.

i just wanted a bullshit one to mess around with a different draft style

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Drafted Lacy round 1. Baluga, Sherrod, Lacy all hurt week 1 :suicide:

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Waroduce posted:

i just wanted a bullshit one to mess around with a different draft style

I had a public league draft with 5/12 people there. The commish thought it was too few and reset the draft.(I didn't know that was possible) He rescheduled for last Friday at 1pm central.....needless to say I wasn't there, and others said there were less people there.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Drafted Lacy round 1. Baluga, Sherrod, Lacy all hurt week 1 :suicide:

I tuned into a radio stream right as the announcers were saying "... and he's down in obvious severe pain. Looks like the same leg he hurt last year. Really tough to watch." As a Cobb owner, prepared myself to :smithicide:

Then they said it was Baluga :unsmith:

Still obviously a bad thing for the GB offense as a whole to lose a starting lineman but at least it wasn't Cobb!

Also, currently trying to identify shitlords to drop for the 0.0001% chance Gordon beats the suspension on this latest news. I'm in 3 leagues and he's unowned in all of them. For better or worse I already cut bait with my worst players to pick up Kelce in a couple so it's hard to ID a lottery ticket guy I'd gladly drop for a nonexistent shot at owning a top 3 WR.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Docjowles posted:

nonexistent

That's a really weird way to spell nonzero.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Suave Fedora posted:

That's a really weird way to spell nonzero.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
DSYS now to be known as DSAS, or Don't Start Against Seattle.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Hey I said I was still trying to find a way to add him!

edit: jettisoned Cody Latimer for the ~~nonzero~~ chance at Gordon, on the logic that if it works, Welker is back too.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Sep 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Docjowles posted:

I tuned into a radio stream right as the announcers were saying "... and he's down in obvious severe pain. Looks like the same leg he hurt last year. Really tough to watch." As a Cobb owner, prepared myself to :smithicide:

Then they said it was Baluga :unsmith:

Still obviously a bad thing for the GB offense as a whole to lose a starting lineman but at least it wasn't Cobb!

Also, currently trying to identify shitlords to drop for the 0.0001% chance Gordon beats the suspension on this latest news. I'm in 3 leagues and he's unowned in all of them. For better or worse I already cut bait with my worst players to pick up Kelce in a couple so it's hard to ID a lottery ticket guy I'd gladly drop for a nonexistent shot at owning a top 3 WR.

Similar dilemma. I have Gordon, but need to drop a bench player for a kicker by Sunday. Who do I drop?

• Locked thread