Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Astro Nut posted:

Well, poking through things, whilst I dunno if the US can order codes direct off the website as you can in the UK, you can get a specific game code through a retailer, according to its own explanation of eshop purchases. So I guess, get the code, input it later.

Yeah, I saw that, but none of the retailers offer the eShop download code at the prices listed. Understandably, since Nintendo doesn't have to give a cut if you buy direct.

I was just hoping to take advantage of the sales while they're around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

homeless snail posted:

Here's the NoA sale, its real real good if you haven't already bought all the Mario games for some reason
http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

I can't see what's listed here for some reason, so here's a c/p from somewhere else:

Mario 3D Land- $19.99
Yoshi's New Island- $29.99
Mario 3- $3.49
Mario 2- $3.49
Punch-Out Featuring Mr. Dream- $3.49
Super Mario 3D World- $39.99
Super Mario Bros. U- $39.99

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I would pay upwards of $4.49 for Punch Out if they could get Mike Tyson back on board.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

The rest of the 3DS games on that list are the same price, but Mario 3D Land is $25 for me (in Canada).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Don't forget your digital deluxe money if you have some. Had $5 from the Platinum reward and $7 leftover from the 20% gift card, so I got SMB2, SMB3, and Punchout for "free". Thanks!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOA finally got the hang of tweeting!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/507583646371311617

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I feel like I might end up buying a bunch of these games on sale to play eventually because it's not like Nintendo puts their own games on sale terribly often.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do the people responding to the tweet really not get that it's a joke

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I loving hate everything.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sarchasm posted:

what does this even mean?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Do you really need to ask?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Help Im Alive posted:

They're too busy doxxing and sending death threats to one another with hashtags to bother with jokes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I think it's fair to say twitter has made the world a worse place

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pomp posted:

what does this even mean?

Blonde is used to describe women, and blond is for men.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Strange Quark posted:

Blonde has always been a unisex term from my knowledge.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Strange Quark posted:

Well how about that, I guess he's not a sexist moron after all.

I still loving hate everything, though.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Your knowledge is wrong

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

RMZXAnarchy posted:

It derives from French, which is how it's used, and my dictionary at least disagrees with you. A similar case would be fiance vs fiancee.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Strange Quark posted:

Blonde/blond when used as a noun refers to women/men respectively, but blond as an adjective never has an "e" at the end.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Sweet, I was just thinking to myself how wrong it was that I own only three 3DS games and then this comes along. I had even just started looking for a used copy of Awakening, but I can wait a week for a cheaper digital copy. Maybe I'll be able to get OoT3DS on sale like I wanted to! And people are down with Mario 3D Land?

Kurtofan posted:

I think it's fair to say twitter has made the world a worse place

This guy gets it.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 5, 2014

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I can't see what's listed here for some reason, so here's a c/p from somewhere else:

Mario 3D Land- $19.99
Yoshi's New Island- $29.99
Mario 3- $3.49
Mario 2- $3.49
Punch-Out Featuring Mr. Dream- $3.49
Super Mario 3D World- $39.99
Super Mario Bros. U- $39.99

The VC game prices are valid for 3DS and WiiU both it seems, so that's something.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Sarchasm posted:

Don't hate on Gallo, he's a pretty cool dude

Anyone played Nobunaga's Ambition? I probably spelled that wrong. I really enjoyed Pokemon Conquest but am a bit worried what came out on the VC this week may be a bit too archaic for me.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Strange Quark posted:

Oh my god, how does this language I have spoken for my entire life continue to elude me to this day with nonsense like this? Gender clauses why :negative:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
How's the SMB3 port? Any funky audio problems?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

C-Euro posted:

Sweet, I was just thinking to myself how wrong it was that I own only three 3DS games and then this comes along. I had even just started looking for a used copy of Awakening, but I can wait a week for a cheaper digital copy. Maybe I'll be able to get OoT3DS on sale like I wanted to! And people are down with Mario 3D Land?

I am not only down with Mario 3D Land, I think it's one of the best Mario games out there and certainly one of the best drat games on the 3DS. (I would say "best Mario," but 3D World exists now. :v:)

Being it's such a great game and it's on sale for 20 bucks, you'd be an idiot not to get it. Don't be an idiot. GET IT.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

I am not only down with Mario 3D Land, I think it's one of the best Mario games out there and certainly one of the best drat games on the 3DS. (I would say "best Mario," but 3D World exists now. :v:)

Being it's such a great game and it's on sale for 20 bucks, you'd be an idiot not to get it. Don't be an idiot. GET IT.

I bought 3D Land yesterday and can confirm it owns. Real hard. It's great and now I'm pumped to play 3D World!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

MARIO GOLF IS LIKE HEROIN

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I thought Mario 3D Land was samey and repetitive and wasted the potential of 3D by making a bunch of linear obstacle courses.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Obstacle courses? Mario? Whaaaaaa

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

MykonosFan posted:

Don't hate on Gallo, he's a pretty cool dude

Anyone played Nobunaga's Ambition? I probably spelled that wrong. I really enjoyed Pokemon Conquest but am a bit worried what came out on the VC this week may be a bit too archaic for me.

I haven't played Nobunaga's Ambition specifically but I have played a few old Koei games and in terms of how archaic they are the closest frame of reference I can think of would be Civ 1 or the original SimCity.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

alf_pogs posted:

MARIO GOLF IS LIKE HEROIN

This guy ain't lyin'. 420 Play Mario Golf Every Day

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I want to buy some of those NES games on sale but I need to ask. Is the 3DS or the Wiiu better for playing the VC NES games?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Lucinice posted:

I want to buy some of those NES games on sale but I need to ask. Is the 3DS or the Wiiu better for playing the VC NES games?

3DS.

Wii U NES games have an ugly filter that can't be turned off and they have a little extra input lag for some reason. Other systems are fine, I don't get why NES games specifically are the way they are on Wii U.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Wikipedia tells me that Zelda: Four Sword Anniversary Edition was a free download on the 3DS for like a month, what are the chances they put the game back on the eShop for sale? I'd gladly pay money for it.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Xenomrph posted:

Wikipedia tells me that Zelda: Four Sword Anniversary Edition was a free download on the 3DS for like a month, what are the chances they put the game back on the eShop for sale? I'd gladly pay money for it.

It's tough to say. Could be never, could be next time they're drumming up Zelda-related news. I'd say eventually they'll make it available again but... :shrug:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Like it just seems silly not to, from where I'm standing. If they put it on the eShop, people will buy it. Why is Nintendo making it so hard to take my money? :arghfist::saddowns:

For that matter, I wish the 3DS eShop had SNES games.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
It was available once again for 3DS (but not DSi) on Valentine's Day weekend this year.

It'll probably show up again. Maybe when the New 3DS is out.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Like it just seems silly not to, from where I'm standing. If they put it on the eShop, people will buy it. Why is Nintendo making it so hard to take my money? :arghfist::saddowns:

For that matter, I wish the 3DS eShop had SNES games.

I was super-excited for all the awesome things they could put on the eShop with 3DS hardware. I am still waiting.

I will be waiting for a very long time.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

CarlCX posted:

I will be waiting for a very long time.

How are y'all enjoying those N64 games on Wii U?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We're not.

That's the joke, I know, but jesus.