Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on David Cameron's terror threat level – The UK terrorism threat level has been raised from 'substantial' to 'severe'."

Telegraph:

The Great British 'miscakeage of justice'

Independent:

After Fuseli.

Times:

Ukraine crisis: EU leaders consider response to Russia; Wikipedia on Novorossiya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on David Cameron's terror threat level – The UK terrorism threat level has been raised from 'substantial' to 'severe'."
Can't unsee Farage/Cameron rimjob.
:stonk: :barf:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"No sweet dreams for David Cameron - Chris Riddell on the prime minister's mounting woes"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Tesco shares drop on profit warning

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Cloud Potato posted:

Observer:

"No sweet dreams for David Cameron - Chris Riddell on the prime minister's mounting woes"

How many times has Riddell sold them this cartoon? It must be half a dozen at least.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I thought that Walmart owned Tesco, is it just a subsidiary or was it sold off or something.

Also please ignore your custom title, Trin, your posts are like beautiful women- I only want to see more of them.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

Cliff Racer posted:

I thought that Walmart owned Tesco, is it just a subsidiary or was it sold off or something.

Also please ignore your custom title, Trin, your posts are like beautiful women- I only want to see more of them.

Wal-Mart owns Asda, Tesco are an international, though lesser rival, to Wal-Mart.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on David Cameron and Vladimir Putin – The UK prime minister claims the relationship between Europe and Russia, Britain and Russia, America and Russia could be radically different in the future"

Telegraph:

Putin 'urges talks on statehood for east Ukraine'

Independent:

Times:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Lots of Putins and not one of them doing some weird accent stereotype, I'm so proud!

What's the snake circlet reference in Rowson's one?

Clapham Omnibus
Nov 11, 2006

baka kaba posted:

Lots of Putins and not one of them doing some weird accent stereotype, I'm so proud!

What's the snake circlet reference in Rowson's one?

I imagine it's COBR.

Edit: I just noticed that it looks like a cheap knock-off of the American situation room but with a cooler name, just like our Navy has aircraft carriers with no aircraft but cool names.

Clapham Omnibus fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 1, 2014

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Ohhhh could be

COBRA's not a cool name, unless you're in a bad 80's action movie. I'm going to start calling it Cobber now

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Why are all these comics giving Putin jowls or even a horse face or dog muzzle? Didn't he use to have a tiny head? Did he grow old and wrinkly when I wasn't looking?

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

Cliff Racer posted:

Why are all these comics giving Putin jowls or even a horse face or dog muzzle? Didn't he use to have a tiny head? Did he grow old and wrinkly when I wasn't looking?

Putin allegedly is very insecure about his aging, hence the recent big displays of manly strongman action.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Binyamin Netanyahu and Vladimir Putin – Leaders of Israel and Russia move to increase the territory they control" After Cole Porter.

Telegraph:

David Cameron outlines new anti-terror measures to MPs

Independent:

Times:

Scottish independence: Leaders disagree on future of immigration

Express:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Nato – Nato's secretary general, Anders Fogh Rasmussen, said plans to confront the Russian threat include a 4,000-strong rapid-reaction force"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson says airport plan not dead despite rejection

Independent:

Times:

Express:

Strictly Come Dancing: Full celebrity line-up confirmed

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Why bother drawing a plug at all if you're going to gently caress it up so badly in so many ways? Is it a coded plea for help? Is Paul Thomas, in fact, a poor innocent man held against his will at an Express compound, forced to draw tediously mundane yet disturbingly xenophobic cartoons? Was his recent hiatus due to his managing to bloodily throw himself over a ragged barbed wire fence and hoof it into the woods, surviving only on the foxes and badgers he sees every day through the tiny holes in his cell's translucent windows? Was he eventually tracked through all the days of wet and cold and dirt by Desmond's vicious smell hounds?

I wonder what cartoonists think when they make one and then someone else produces a near identical one for the same story. That's gotta look bad, surely

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I feel like "Strictly Don't Come to Britain" is actually a funny joke. I could see someone who's not Paul Thomas drawing the same cartoon about how dumb it is that they're doing publicity campaigns in Romania about how awful the UK is.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yeah but he's not doing that, he's going

What vapid topic can I base today's work on?

Oh look, popular TV show is coming on again, on schedule, this is not news

I'll use that then

Strictly Come Dancing...

hmmm

Strictly... don't... don'T COME OVER 'ERE YOU FUCVKVC:rant::freep::tizzy:

Ok this is genius but I suppose I have to clean it up because of the loving PC brigade

I'll say it's the Border Agency

They're the ones who SHOULD be saying it

I mean I get ya but there's any number of ways he could have cleverly tied that in to those publicity campaigns, instead it's his usual lazy THING IS ON TV with some mouthpiece saying CLOSE TEH BORDERZ or whatever he woke up shouting last night. Maybe it's the humour equivalent of abiogenesis

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

It should actually be Border Force or at a stretch UK Visas and Immigration. UKBA doesn't exist.

I want accuracy in my racism.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Badger of Basra posted:

I feel like "Strictly Don't Come to Britain" is actually a funny joke. I could see someone who's not Paul Thomas drawing the same cartoon about how dumb it is that they're doing publicity campaigns in Romania about how awful the UK is.
They're airdropping printouts of UKMT? :v:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Isis killings – Islamic State have killed another journalist in a similar fashion to the killing of James Foley, and are threatening more."

Telegraph:

President Barack Obama arrives in Wales ahead of Nato summit

Independent:

Times:

Express:

High-powered hairdryers under threat as EU considers ban

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
The EU

Meanwhile, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29058644

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

This is pretty expected. Heysham, Hartlepool et al are all old as balls and we proper hosed them over in the early 90s. Combine that with a (correct) conservative view to maintenance and operation nowadays and you get the odd 6-month outage.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and the Nato summit – Inside the Nato summit, one of the more incongruous sights was that of British military hardware strewn among the greens and bunkers of the Celtic Manor golf resort"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Scottish independence: Miliband accuses SNP of 'con'

Express:

Calais migrants foiled as they try to storm ferry

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Binyamin Netanyahu and Vladimir Putin – Leaders of Israel and Russia move to increase the territory they control" After Cole Porter.

Loving the last couple of days of Steve Bell.

Still can't get my head around how bland and xenohphobic Thomas can be at the same time. :eyepop:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
He has an amazing grasp of scale. :wtc:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pilchenstein posted:

He has an amazing grasp of scale. :wtc:
"I have heard that most foreigners are gnomes." - Paul Thomas

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Wouldn't the signs say "arrκtez" and "service de canal"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Nato and Isis – Barack Obama hailed the formation of a 'core coalition' of nations aiming to destroy what he described as the savage and nihilistic Islamic State (Isis) in Syria and Iraq"

Telegraph:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

I'm away the next 2 days. See you soon!

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

Bloody foreign Borrowers, coming over here and borrowing our things!

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Observer

Chris Riddell on Nato's announcement of a 4,000-strong rapid reaction force to counter Russian threat

Sunday Telegraph

Independent on Sunday

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Macaulay Culkin's burglar traps are getting more and more sophisticated

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Scottish independence and the UK – The possibility that the United Kingdom might be heading for the history books has been complacently dismissed as unthinkable – but there can be no excuse for any ignorance or complacency now"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Express:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Scotland breaking away from the UK – A number of polls have shown support for a yes vote in the Scottish independence referendum neck-and-neck with a no vote" After Rembrandt.

Telegraph:

Royal baby: Duke and duchess 'thrilled' over pregnancy

Independent:

Times:

Express:

MPs' pay rise of 9% 'should go ahead'

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I read every single one of these OCH AYE POONDS Salmonds in Scrooge McDuck's voice

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

David Cameron could literally be anyone in those Thomas cartoons.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IkGDptX6YI

So if the referendum is 'Yes' can't the Queen just say 'No'?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

"This video is not available in your country" OH THE IRONY

The Queen can absolutely say no, or as Bell accurately puts it, NEIGH. She might even get a vote, since she's a sometime resident! Then her opinion would actually be counted

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
She could, in theory, but that would probably just end up with her own courts promptly informing her that she was overstepping her bounds and overturning it.

What's left of Royal Prerogative that still exists in law is there in the tacit understanding that it's never used outside of internal royal family matters.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

baka kaba posted:

The Queen can absolutely say no, or as Bell accurately puts it, NEIGH. She might even get a vote, since she's a sometime resident! Then her opinion would actually be counted

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/garth-marenghis-darkplace/on-demand/36434-005

Darkplace on youtube is blocked in the UK, as channel4 wants you to watch it off their 4oD (which has adverts in the middle). :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0vLRPWuv_A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."

baka kaba posted:

She could but then hopefully we'd just get rid of the monarchy entirely.

• Locked thread