Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

MikeJF posted:

Well, Paz is clearly gonna save the day.
Especially since she can talk to Lindsey in the first place.

Still, it was a knee-jerk reaction for me to come here and post just that, but you beat me to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Maybe Paz can talk to the incoming spiders.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Tom had best be in the process of making a drawing of Paz dressed like Aquaman, because if there isn't a horde of marine life swarming this boat in a few pages, I will be sorely disappointed.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
i kind of want to see what disruptive abilities these other kids have. by the end of this chapter we'll have our very first superteam(and paz can be aquawoman)

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Tollymain posted:

well that was an incredibly poor call

Always underestimatin' AquamanPaz.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I feel like this is gonna be the chapter where the kids who don't have superpowers (or at least not flashy ones) get a chance to shine, but I also vaguely feel like we maybe already had that one?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

Winsbury or Janette's and besides the spider-derived abilities Jack hasn't really done anything too crazy besides an aptitude for mechanics. Well Jannette's might be archery but ehhh.

Well the Court has employed archers in the past, so this might come up again?

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Fighting Trousers posted:

Always underestimatin' AquamanPaz.

you know, it's kind of unfair that we're relegating paz down to aquaman status. she can at least talk to all the animals, not just fish. i guess what i'm saying is that i fully expect to see her ordering her labmouse army to go crawl inside all the robots and gnaw apart various connectors.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
The robots have not learned that you talk poo poo to Squirrel Girl at your own peril.

Or Animal Man, if you want to stay in DC Comics. Better yet, the Grant Morrison Animal Man.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tupperwarez posted:

Or Animal Man, if you want to stay in DC Comics. Better yet, the Grant Morrison Animal Man.

I don't think he can usually talk to animals?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

amishjosh posted:

you know, it's kind of unfair that we're relegating paz down to aquaman status. she can at least talk to all the animals, not just fish. i guess what i'm saying is that i fully expect to see her ordering her labmouse army to go crawl inside all the robots and gnaw apart various connectors.

Down? Excuse me sir, but Aquaman is pretty god drat badass. The "He talks to whales!" meme should have been dead as a pejorative after Injustice. Apparently that's not the case. :colbert:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Someone photoshop Paz' face over Aquaman's and Lindsey's... face? over Cthulu's, tia.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Warmachine posted:

Down? Excuse me sir, but Aquaman is pretty god drat badass. The "He talks to whales!" meme should have been dead as a pejorative after Injustice. Apparently that's not the case. :colbert:

excuse me but whales aren't fish

edit:are we gonna have laser seacows?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Nihilarian posted:

Someone photoshop Paz' face over Aquaman's and Lindsey's... face? over Cthulu's, tia.
Actually just photoshop Paz into this and leave the rest unchanged.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
The video for chapter seven is up. I think it's the most interesting one yet. It's cool to hear Tom talk about a treatise page.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

> Summon Kraken

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Warmachine posted:

I will personally devote the rest of my life to keeping Superfriends Aquaman going as the public perception just because it bugs fanboys so much. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0_1h2yg9p8

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

amishjosh posted:

It's kind of amazing how people look down on Aquaman for being 'useless'. When at various points he had super broken powerful abilities. Telepathically communicating with marine life turned into one where it worked on anything that had 'origins' from the sea. And since all life had roots in the sea, he could use it on people. Albeit a bit weaker, but he could still influence people.

At one point he had a magic replacement hand that had what is frankly a supervillain power: instantly dehydrating someone by touch. All the water, gone.

I'd like to think Aquaman maintains his 'useless' image just so he can have an excuse to wreck everyone. Even people who are the 'good guys'.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's all Superfriends' fault.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Kgummy posted:

It's kind of amazing how people look down on Aquaman for being 'useless'. When at various points he had super broken powerful abilities. Telepathically communicating with marine life turned into one where it worked on anything that had 'origins' from the sea. And since all life had roots in the sea, he could use it on people. Albeit a bit weaker, but he could still influence people.

At one point he had a magic replacement hand that had what is frankly a supervillain power: instantly dehydrating someone by touch. All the water, gone.

I'd like to think Aquaman maintains his 'useless' image just so he can have an excuse to wreck everyone. Even people who are the 'good guys'.

I like how his current powers aren't even a huge stretch like those ones. He's as tough as superman (because he lives and survives in one of the deepest trenchs in the world) he's nearly as strong physically (for the same reason) he can almost mimic superspeed just by having the strongest jumps in the world (same reason!).

Like, I haven't read a comic book in 3ish years, but last I checked Aquaman was explicitly able to display like, a million pounds of force when he exerted himself.

He has cool powers by virtue of just secondary stuff he'd logically have to have to live, which is neat.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

KittyEmpress posted:

I like how his current powers aren't even a huge stretch like those ones. He's as tough as superman (because he lives and survives in one of the deepest trenchs in the world) he's nearly as strong physically (for the same reason) he can almost mimic superspeed just by having the strongest jumps in the world (same reason!).

Like, I haven't read a comic book in 3ish years, but last I checked Aquaman was explicitly able to display like, a million pounds of force when he exerted himself.

He has cool powers by virtue of just secondary stuff he'd logically have to have to live, which is neat.

but none of those powers are helping him save annie and the rest of the students, now are they?

what we need now are for all those with powers labeled "no threat" to band together and take out all these robots and beat the ship

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

AquaPaz

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Beautiful.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Oh my God.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Thank you.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Wonderful.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Superb, great job!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ha, I just now noticed you also altered her outfit in the first three panels.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Warmachine posted:

Aquaman is incredibly loving powerful in the water. Total-domination-over-all-Earth's-oceans powerful. On land, though, he's 'only' just above Olympic athletes (admittedly, in pretty much every field). Thus the meme: Aquaman is pretty lovely in most mega-crossovers, because they're on land. Like how Batman would suck if he had just woken up from a ten year coma.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Like how Batman would suck if he had just woken up a mile underwater.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

:allears:

Although I can't help but think she needs Kat clinging to her leg in classic Conan knock-off style. Not sure how that'd work with this image though.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Keiya posted:

Aquaman is incredibly loving powerful in the water. Total-domination-over-all-Earth's-oceans powerful. On land, though, he's 'only' just above Olympic athletes (admittedly, in pretty much every field). Thus the meme: Aquaman is pretty lovely in most mega-crossovers, because they're on land. Like how Batman would suck if he had just woken up from a ten year coma.

Fairly certain that during one of his edgy eras Aquaman straight up gave a dude an anyeurism via telepathy because all earth creatures came from the sea, and he just doesn't do that poo poo because he tries to be cool.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

Kat's outfit is just great in this chapter. She looks like the scrappy hero of a 1950s adventure comic serial.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Keiya posted:

I always thought they should make him basically an Avatar waterbender. Give him something to do in the group fights.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

MikeJF posted:

I always thought they should make him basically an Avatar waterbender. Give him something to do in the group fights.

I feel like he had a water-hand for a while that let him do that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

MikeJF posted:

If anyone here has seen or read Young Justice... The stuff Aqualad can do with water? Let Aquaman be able to do that, but better.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Aquaman should just be a really strong guy who fights giant seamonsters for fun. Maybe give him some magic weapons he got from an awesome adventure or something. The kind of guy who sees Space Godzilla attacking the Earth and goes: "I'm punching it in the face." See, powers sin,t really what makes a character interesting or not. Giving him more powers won't make people like him more. Just write cool stories.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

MonsieurChoc posted:

Aquaman should just be a really strong guy who fights giant seamonsters for fun. Maybe give him some magic weapons he got from an awesome adventure or something. The kind of guy who sees Space Godzilla attacking the Earth and goes: "I'm punching it in the face." See, powers sin,t really what makes a character interesting or not. Giving him more powers won't make people like him more. Just write cool stories.

So, make Brave and the Bold Aquaman the official canon? I'm down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

PubicMice posted:

So, make Brave and the Bold Aquaman the official canon? I'm down.

Brave and the Bold Aquaman doesn't even need strength, he's got the strength of heart.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Sep 8, 2014