Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Jelly
Jul 15, 2007

Bleep Blorp

:allears: Would love to see follow-up reports on some of these life hacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

bringmyfishback posted:

This makes me unreasonably angry. It's the opposite of a hack. It would make your life HARDER.

Having an orgy? Dump all your guests on the floor and eat their genitals off the floor like an animal you piece of poo poo.

No,no,no, you have to wrap your guests in raw bacon and put them in a muffin pan, you can use a pizza cutter to serve them and eat their genitals with chopsticks.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Robot Jelly posted:

This has a lot of potential for hilarity in the same vein as that dude who baked iphone-shaped biscuits and pretended to speak into them to get pulled over by the police.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Robot Jelly posted:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Memento posted:

This has a lot of potential for hilarity in the same vein as that dude who baked iphone-shaped biscuits and pretended to speak into them to get pulled over by the police.
Pretty sure that one was small-scale viral marketing.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7bbCDz-630

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Desperado Bones posted:

:colbert: We use a bread knife because floss hadn't reach my country when my grandma was in her prime. drat to hell third world countries.

But just as I learned a new use for floss, I just learned that pans can save your life!

They work for anything!!

Make your parties fancier

And you can even serve soup!

my favourite part of this post is that you couldn't figure out anything to even say about the plants

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Rad Tad posted:

my favourite part of this post is that you couldn't figure out anything to even say about the plants

Do you? :)

Edit: In reality, if I used a pan for plants they might die in their first week. Mainly because the weather over here is too hot, and you can get an idea.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Desperado Bones posted:

Do you? :)

Edit: In reality, if I used a pan for plants they might die in their first week. Mainly because the weather over here is too hot, and you can get an idea.

no :saddowns: but here's what to do with all the muffin wrappers you won't be using

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Guys I got you; no worries

"Want your plants to outgrow their containers right after you plant them? Dump a bag of dirt into a muffin tin and plant the plants in the dirt like in the photo above. After only a few days, they'll begin to overcrowd the small spaces and need transplanted immediately!"

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Not to mention the lack of drainage.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
The drink container one is the worse, what if you order large drinks? What if they have non standard cups!

Scratch that, the worst is the one where some one seems to be serving oysters?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Rad Tad posted:

no :saddowns: but here's what to do with all the muffin wrappers you won't be using

Huh, that's kinda like the idea I had for dickskirts

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Darth Freddy posted:

The drink container one is the worse, what if you order large drinks? What if they have non standard cups!

The correct answer is all of them. The worst one is all of them.

SquirrelFace
Dec 17, 2009

Desperado Bones posted:

Nope. It came from a blog, with this recipe:

I don't know what type of mother serves soup in a muffin pan that to their child.

Is it wierd that the part of her receipe I find most offensive is that she rinses the chicken after its cooked? What possible purpose could that serve?

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Muffin tins would probably work fine for sprouting seeds, but anything beyond that it's too shallow and too bunched up. Unless the lifehack is "Kill your potted plants."

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SquirrelFace posted:

Is it wierd that the part of her receipe I find most offensive is that she rinses the chicken after its cooked? What possible purpose could that serve?

I think it's to get off any clinging bits of onions from the pan. Ridiculous, but I've met toddlers before so I'll give her a pass on that one.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

lifehack: Pancakes are bigger than CDs?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Postal Parcel posted:

lifehack: Pancakes are bigger than CDs?

It's a riff on the fifth post of this thread:

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Desperado Bones posted:

Nope. It came from a blog, with this recipe:

I don't know what type of mother serves soup in a muffin pan that to their child.

Did you miss the first part before the recipe where she talks about freezing it? It's totally a stealth ice cube tray lifehack.

And rinsing the chicken is most likely to get rid of the fat/protein scum that sometimes forms on boiled chicken because toddlers are picky and weird.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Darth Freddy posted:

Laundry basket + muffin pan = perfect for taking oysters on your road trip

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
You know, I had no idea why my last roommate put folder clips in the fridge and had a clip squeezing a sponge, but now that I've read the lifehacks posted in this thread I realize he's an idiot. Not ever having bottles in the fridge and laying the sponge down flat kind of defeats the purpose.

Unless there was some other reason these clips were there, which I'd love to know if that's the case.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

(from the PYF funny comics thread)

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Chococat posted:

Did you miss the first part before the recipe where she talks about freezing it? It's totally a stealth ice cube tray lifehack.

Edit: :downs: No se leer.

Here's the full recipe, muffin pan lover: http://muffintinmommy.wordpress.com/2012/04/18/muffin-tin-soup/ So you can have a muffin pan on your freezer and rejoice in your life hack.

Desperado Bones has a new favorite as of 12:58 on Sep 5, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
What if you get really drunk or stoned and put the muffin tin with the soup on your windowsill and the one with the plants in the freezer :ohdear:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

What if you get really drunk or stoned and put the muffin tin with the soup on your windowsill and the one with the plants in the freezer :ohdear:

Those plants were dead anyway Fai. Let them go.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Memento posted:

Those plants were dead anyway Fai. Let them go.
...okay :(

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

WHY WERE YOU SLICING ONIONS AT YOUR CHILD'S FUNERAL

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

SLOSifl posted:

WHY WERE YOU SLICING ONIONS AT YOUR CHILD'S FUNERAL

I was making the funeral dinner :cry:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

kinmik posted:

Use your old credit cards as guitar picks! By the way, buy The PickmasterTM!

I'm pretty sure the makers of the pickmaster have never played the guitar. I once cut an emergency pick out of an old card and it was actually worse than nothing.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

RillAkBea posted:

I'm pretty sure the makers of the pickmaster have never played the guitar. I once cut an emergency pick out of an old card and it was actually worse than nothing.

My guitarists friends would sometimes uses tazos when they didn't have a pick around. Life Hack?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I store all my extra guitar picks in ice cube trays. That way, when I need a new pick, I just have to thaw an icecube.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Freeze a layer of soap on top of your icepick (HA) and you have the perfect incentive to freshen up with an ice shower before your show!
#l1f3h4x

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Freeze a tube of toothpaste and cut it into guitar picks! #mintyfresh

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Hirayuki posted:

Freeze a tube of toothpaste and cut it into guitar picks! #mintyfresh

Like. A animal.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Desperado Bones posted:

My guitarists friends would sometimes uses tazos when they didn't have a pick around. Life Hack?
I read that as razors. Quite the image.

JULIAN ASSANGE
Dec 6, 2012

Julian Assange FACT:
If you unzipped my pants, you would only find more pants.
Don't have a guitar pick around? Use your loving fingers. I almost never play with a pick, including on electrics. I just like playing with my fingers more. LIFEHACK.

That woman looks like she's using this time to meditate on where her life went wrong.

JULIAN ASSANGE has a new favorite as of 01:37 on Sep 6, 2014

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Desperado Bones posted:

I had no idea what a tazo was. It's like a Pog that comes in snack food bags? I missed out on a global phenomenon :corsair:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

AlbieQuirky posted:

I had no idea what a tazo was. It's like a Pog that comes in snack food bags? I missed out on a global phenomenon :corsair:

They are still a thing in my country. :v:

Content:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkiLander
Mar 4, 2014

Guy you are way off base here. A true life hacker would use a bread tag as an emergency guitar pick. Duh