Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Zypher posted:

Lacy could miss a game or two because of his concussion. Ellington's foot injury sounds like it could be worse. And it's a foot injury. Dwyer is the pickup over Starks even if he has less talent.

I would think Lacy would only miss one game at most since the protocol is 10 days and they've got that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008

Azhais posted:

Are you hard up on TEs? You could do Hartline and Miller and try to pawn Pierce off on the Ellington owner as an early season fill-in :laugh:

Rudolph is my other TE. So not exactly a stellar stable.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The Ellington owner in my league will be starting Gerhart as his RB1 if Ellington misses time.

Would anyone take Alf + Fitzgerald for Calvin Johnson if they were in his shoes?

Go Go Gadget
Sep 24, 2004

BigFactory posted:

The Ellington owner in my league will be starting Gerhart as his RB1 if Ellington misses time.

Would anyone take Alf + Fitzgerald for Calvin Johnson if they were in his shoes?

Probably not

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
So I'm in this super dumb league where you can only have a total of 4 RBs. Start 2 plus a flex. Currently I have:

LeSean McCoy
Andre Ellington
CJ Spiller
Jeremy Hill

Obviously I'm concerned about Ellington but I'm having a really tough time dropping Hill for Dwyer when Ellington hasn't even been confirmed to miss the game on Sunday. I suspect that nobody else would scoop him up if I dropped him (lots of casuals) but I'm just not sure (a couple smart guys who do their research) and I'd hate to lose out if he's half as productive as everyone has predicted. On the other hand, he's untested, so I don't feel great about having to flex Hill Week 1. I'm already having to do that in my money league and it's making me very nervous.

Council?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Go Go Gadget posted:

Probably not

But it's not a crazy offer, right? Would it be better with Stacy instead of Alf?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Azhais posted:

They've been saying this for months, it shouldn't be a surprise. Stacy went into the season a bad performance away from losing his job to Cunningham

Yeah, how quickly everyone forgets that the same thing happened last year with Richardson and Stacy. I avoided Stacy like the plague this year.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Yeah, how quickly everyone forgets that the same thing happened last year with Richardson and Stacy. I avoided Stacy like the plague this year.

Richardson was never the starter previously in real games though, only won the job preseason. Stacy is an incumbent, he carried the team on his back last year. it's a different situation.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
There's apparently no bone damage to Ellingtons foot. Doctors are saying rest, no surgurey required. He's hopful to play monday but at this point I want them to let him rest a week and get him back to 100%.

so some good news and bad.

Hello CJ Spiller, you're now starting.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

timp posted:

So I'm in this super dumb league where you can only have a total of 4 RBs. Start 2 plus a flex. Currently I have:

LeSean McCoy
Andre Ellington
CJ Spiller
Jeremy Hill

Obviously I'm concerned about Ellington but I'm having a really tough time dropping Hill for Dwyer when Ellington hasn't even been confirmed to miss the game on Sunday. I suspect that nobody else would scoop him up if I dropped him (lots of casuals) but I'm just not sure (a couple smart guys who do their research) and I'd hate to lose out if he's half as productive as everyone has predicted. On the other hand, he's untested, so I don't feel great about having to flex Hill Week 1. I'm already having to do that in my money league and it's making me very nervous.

Council?

Typing this out actually helped me think about it. I think I'm going to flex Eric Decker, Play CJ Spiller as my RB2, and keep both Ellington and Hill for now. Thanks everybody! :downs:

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

LmaoTheKid posted:

There's apparently no bone damage to Ellingtons foot. Doctors are saying rest, no surgurey required. He's hopful to play monday but at this point I want them to let him rest a week and get him back to 100%.

so some good news and bad.

Hello CJ Spiller, you're now starting.

Too bad that doesn't mirror real life. (spiller starting)

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Stacy carried a lot of people (me included) to championships, so that was probably a bad move.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Too bad that doesn't mirror real life. (spiller starting)

Meh, don't care. He's still talented and healthy. I certainly like him more than Dwyer.

The other option is to start both Gio and Hill and I'm not doing that until I see Hills usage.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Franks Happy Place posted:

Stacy carried a lot of people (me included) to championships, so that was probably a bad move.

And Richardson was useful the year before...

I'm starting to see a trend with Fischer. Weird. I wonder who said that when we were discussing players earlier in the thread.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

LmaoTheKid posted:

Meh, don't care. He's still talented and healthy. I certainly like him more than Dwyer.

The other option is to start both Gio and Hill and I'm not doing that until I see Hills usage.

In your situation this is the smart thinking. I like Hill plenty but I'm not using him in Week 1 against a stout run defense when we don't know what his usage is just yet, and Dwyer is fine but lacks anything remotely like Spiller's upside.

It's not a fun position to be in, but yeah, I'd do the same.

Go Go Gadget
Sep 24, 2004

BigFactory posted:

But it's not a crazy offer, right? Would it be better with Stacy instead of Alf?

Not a crazy offer, no. I personally wouldn't take it but at this point in the season it's just because I'm still attached to my draft guys. If you can pull off Stacy instead that might even be better (for you) with some of the news thats coming out of the Rams RB situation.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

What does that have to do with his usage and how he performs this year?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

In your situation this is the smart thinking. I like Hill plenty but I'm not using him in Week 1 against a stout run defense when we don't know what his usage is just yet, and Dwyer is fine but lacks anything remotely like Spiller's upside.

It's not a fun position to be in, but yeah, I'd do the same.

I'm pretty sure a few years back someone started Bush and Forte against me and got the win. That stung like a bastard.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

coronaball posted:

What does that have to do with his usage and how he performs this year?

I misread that as him saying he avoided him last year. :shobon:

I still think you guys are prematurely panicking about a situation we have no information about. I'm not happy about this, but I'm also not ready to jettison a useful player for a handcuff, or freak out about a highly ranked RB. There's still way less evidence of a timeshare or what have you than (say) the situation in Pittsburgh, and even there I'd have taken Le'Veon Bell at the right price.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Cmon guys, it's here. We're supposed to be happy and overjoyed that the FOOTBALL SEASON IS UNDERWAY

fantasy :smithicide:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
RBS
---
Andre Ellington
Toby Gerhart
Joique Bell
Shane Vereen
Lamar Miller

Dwyer's available, should I drop Miller for him?

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...
This year on ESPN we switched to a FAAB, but it looks like all transactions require bidding and waiting to whatever day transactions are supposed to process (wednesday by default). Is there a way to have waivers happen like this and regular transactions like add/drops can occur during the week?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Someone just dropped Darren McFadden to pick up Dwyer. That seems dumb to me. Should I drop John Brown to snag McFadden? Absolutely, right?

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

My team with Lacy and Ellington just took a big poo poo all over itself.

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...

Santheb posted:

My team with Lacy and Ellington just took a big poo poo all over itself.

Same here. Luckily I have a ton of RB depth in Alfred Morris, Toby Gerhart, and Sankey....

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
Own Ellington in both leagues. Dropped Sankey for Dwyer in one, Bradshaw for Dwyer in another (could have dropped Sankey in that one too). Don't feel fantastic about either move but I was all-in on Ellington so this seriously blows. Now all I need is Montee Ball to tear his ACL and I can comfortably forget about fantasy this year.

e: Twitter/other reports are extremely unhelpful, mostly "reports saying Ellington could miss extended time", but then others saying he may play Monday. Basically it seems like no one knows anything concrete, other than that there isn't bone damage (which is some comfort).

Pancakes by Mail fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 5, 2014

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

antisocial posted:

This year on ESPN we switched to a FAAB, but it looks like all transactions require bidding and waiting to whatever day transactions are supposed to process (wednesday by default). Is there a way to have waivers happen like this and regular transactions like add/drops can occur during the week?

Nope, I asked ESPN support and they said its not possible. With FAAB, all players are on waivers. There is no Free Agency.

You CAN add more waiver days. We do Wednesdays and Saturdays at 4pm EST. It just sucks if you need a guy Sunday at the last minute.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

BigFactory posted:

Someone just dropped Darren McFadden to pick up Dwyer. That seems dumb to me. Should I drop John Brown to snag McFadden? Absolutely, right?

Yes

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Not really willing to take a risk on either Gordon or Dwyer this early but other guys in all my leagues are, so I hope Ellington is fine and Gordon's gone for the year.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

keldegar posted:

Nope, I asked ESPN support and they said its not possible. With FAAB, all players are on waivers. There is no Free Agency.

You CAN add more waiver days. We do Wednesdays and Saturdays at 4pm EST. It just sucks if you need a guy Sunday at the last minute.

So how does it work, you put a dollar amount on a guy and then the rest of the league is notified that someone put in a bid?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Just another reminder that Dwyer is hot trash.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Rumor is it's a 4-6 week injury for Ellington. gently caress.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Gyshall posted:

Just another reminder that Dwyer is hot trash.

He's a JAG alright, but at 15 touches and some RZ carries he'd be a decent flex or bye-week standin.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

Suave Fedora posted:

So how does it work, you put a dollar amount on a guy and then the rest of the league is notified that someone put in a bid?

If it's like every other FAAB system, it's completely blind bidding. No clue if or what others are bidding.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

You put a dollar amount, blind auction happens when waivers process.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Naturally in the one league where I could really use some RB depth, both Starks and Dwyer were drafted :argh:

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Docjowles posted:

Naturally in the one league where I could really use some RB depth, both Starks and Dwyer were drafted :argh:

16-team league? jesus.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

LmaoTheKid posted:

Goddamn. The hell did he do to himself!?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

G'night folks!

:shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I feel like Mike Jurecki is overblowing this, but I don't really know his track record or closeness to team sources, so I guess we'll see. Most other reports are saying that it's probably a muscle issue requiring rest and no surgery, which doesn't necessarily spell 4 weeks out.

In the meantime, welcome to my starting lineup, FJax.

• Locked thread