Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm not a regular listener to WC, but Howard loses his MIND in this ep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

the Insane Piano posted:

On Two Charted today Kulap said that Lauren Lapkus is going to have her own Earwolf podcast! Apparently the guest each episode will play the host and Lapkus will be doing a character as the guest.

"Good idea" on the front, "My baby loves it!" on the back.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

n8r posted:

I thought it was a good EP.

The two charted's have been crazy funny lately. The 'lifting weights and laying pipe' thing from the most recent EP is hilarious.

Howard was going full-Jersey on today's episode. Literally LOL all episode.

A good introduction to the mind of Howard Kremer is that he says "hundraids" but not because of his accent.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

the Insane Piano posted:

On Two Charted today Kulap said that Lauren Lapkus is going to have her own Earwolf podcast! Apparently the guest each episode will play the host and Lapkus will be doing a character as the guest.

oh oh oh oh yes

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

n8r posted:

I thought it was a good EP.

The two charted's have been crazy funny lately. The 'lifting weights and laying pipe' thing from the most recent EP is hilarious.

Yeah, Howard was in rare form in Two Charted.

And that Lauren Lapkus news is amazing.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

the Insane Piano posted:

GraPar posted:

That sounds incredible

Agreed.

Also I just heard a great line from PFT that I missed the first time I listened to the ep of I4H that he was on: "How do we even know Jesus was a bottom?"

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
"The yummy parts."

Gil Ozeri is a genius.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
"Get away from my victim...euh, erm, the kid."

Dear Jeff Ulrich Adam Sachs: Please consider looking into putting a VR camera inside a studio for Earwolf shows. I would pay out the ear if I could actually sit inside as a "guest" watching in first person. You wouldn't need cameramen, just a function to fade softly to black instead of hard cuts whenever you need a break or running an ad to avoid nausea for the viewer.

It has already been tested by http://elevr.com/elevr-talk-chat-show-thing-episode-1/ and I have personally tried it with my Oculus Rift DK2 and it is pretty unreal. The consumer version of VR is slated to launch next year.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The ad for fantasy football gambling or whatever (CBB two weeks ago maybe?) felt really scummy and I hope Jeff's promise to keep integrity in sponsors is still valid...

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

a worthy uhh posted:

The ad for fantasy football gambling or whatever (CBB two weeks ago maybe?) felt really scummy and I hope Jeff's promise to keep integrity in sponsors is still valid...

Was it for Draftstreet? They're pretty legit, they've been around awhile and have started advertising on big networks during football games now.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They sponsored today's episode too, "Draftkings" I think

It was a weird ad, something about winning money by playing fantasy football. Scott was saying how someone won a million dollars in a day or something

E: Oh ok it looks like Draftstreet was bought by Draftkings so I guess they're the same thing

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 8, 2014

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Fantasy football is scummy? Dumb, sure (I'm a former player) but scummy?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Fantasy football is scummy? Dumb, sure (I'm a former player) but scummy?
This type is where every week is a new draft and you pay to play. And I think there's upgrades and crap you can sink even more money in. A small handful of people made buco dollares, everyone else doesn't. Basically online gambling.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
listening to the ad it sounds more like a step removed from just betting on sports rather than normal fantasy football

Ideally it would be a subscription service where every month you get a new box in the mail of sports to fantasize about, but maybe they're still working on that service.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zsinjeh posted:

"Get away from my victim...euh, erm, the kid."

Dear Jeff Ulrich Adam Sachs: Please consider looking into putting a VR camera inside a studio for Earwolf shows. I would pay out the ear if I could actually sit inside as a "guest" watching in first person. You wouldn't need cameramen, just a function to fade softly to black instead of hard cuts whenever you need a break or running an ad to avoid nausea for the viewer.

It has already been tested by http://elevr.com/elevr-talk-chat-show-thing-episode-1/ and I have personally tried it with my Oculus Rift DK2 and it is pretty unreal. The consumer version of VR is slated to launch next year.

Have you checked out Earwolf on VPN on YouTube? There are a couple awesome i4h eps filmed live in the studio.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Greggy posted:

listening to the ad it sounds more like a step removed from just betting on sports rather than normal fantasy football

I legit never heard of anyone playing fantasy football without putting money on it :shrug:

Sklarbro Country has been running ads for online bookies for a while. But they also shill a product that's supposedly a multi-vitamin for people who drink. I guess it's supposed to cure hangovers even though they explicitly say it doesn't in the super fast thesestatementshavenotbeenapprovebytheFDA schpiel. Now that's straight up snake oil.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

Have you checked out Earwolf on VPN on YouTube? There are a couple awesome i4h eps filmed live in the studio.
Yeah I've been watching all the live eps several times over, I've just been dabbling a lot with VR recently for game development and the possibility for entertainment like freeform talkshows is amazing. Watching I4H is hilarious, but if they put a stereoscopic camera at one side you'd literally feel like you are in the room with them and you'd listen and watch from the perspective of an actual guest.

It's the kind of experience that sounds like a joke no matter how you try and explain it until you try it.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I legit never heard of anyone playing fantasy football without putting money on it :shrug:
To me theres a little bit of a difference between putting a wager on the office fantasy football league season and however this draftking thing works in a single day

however I have never done either and also I don't care if this ad is on earwolf shows

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The best VPN shows are the I4H with Lapkus, Gemberling, Rust, and Johnson and the Fogelnest Files ep with Todd Glass.

And also any of them that have PFT.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Mob posted:

The best VPN shows are the I4H with Lapkus, Gemberling, Rust, and Johnson and the Fogelnest Files ep with Todd Glass.

And also any of them that have PFT.

Also CBB episode #200 with Andy Daly as Cactus Tony.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I like the one with Gillian Jacobs where you can see they're baking, but they all refuse to take off their heavy jacket or woolen jumpers.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Engineers Cody Brett, Cody Sam and Cody Cody are the guests on HH.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
This episode is the best.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

baba booey

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

CODY!

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
NEW U2 ALBUM

(just released at the Apple event, available for free on iTunes right now apparently)

Paging Adam Scottaukerman...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It'd be kind of neat if the podcast was them hearing it for the very first time

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

They should do one of them listening for the first time. Then one about their thoughts a few days later. Then another after they've let it settle for a few weeks. Then a slowing it down ep.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

THE MIRACLE OF JOEY RAMONE

You couldn't loving make it up

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I'm so unbelievably happy a U2 album is out.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Help Im Alive posted:

Considering it's free to download, couldn't they do the entire thing track by track without having to cut songs short?

That's how copyright works, right guys?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

caligulamprey posted:

Considering it's free to download, couldn't they do the entire thing track by track without having to cut songs short?

That's how copyright works, right guys?
You could also make a til and use the entire album as the soundtrack and U2 couldn't do anything about it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

:tinfoil:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I can't wait to have this be the theme of a U2 2 Me episode for the first 2 minutes and then delve into the more meaty discussion of what this means for boys wanting to be big boys and who the band members are.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I want to know about that old sourpuss Brian Eno's involvement in Benghazi.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Zsinjeh posted:

I can't wait to have this be the theme of a U2 2 Me episode for the first 2 minutes and then delve into the more meaty discussion of what this means for boys wanting to be big boys and who the band members are.

Where where you when you first heard about Apple?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Apple. Guys, let's talk about it. iPhone... iPad... I don't know anymore!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Wait, is this a segment of "Let's Talk Apple"?

jialiangzhong
Jan 29, 2006
smile
From the Ep 9 of U talkin' U2 to Me...
code:
string Earwolf(host AdamScott, host ScottAukerman, guest HarrisWittels, guest PFTompkins, guest LanceBangs)
{
   UTalkinU2ToMe(AdamScott, ScottAukerman, HarrisWittels, PFTompkins, LanceBangs);
   return "Great Ep";
}

string UTalkinU2ToMe(AdamScott, ScottAukerman, HarrisWittels, PFTompkins, LanceBangs)
{
   SickBurns(AdamScott, ScottAukerman, HarrisWittels, LanceBangs);
   SickBurns(PFTompkins);
   SideBurns(HarrisWittels);
   MrBurns(HarrisWittels);
   ILoveFilms(AdamScott, ScottAukerman, HarrisWittels, PFTompkins, LanceBangs);
   GreatBits(HarrisWittels);
   return "Great Ep";
}

string ILoveFilms(host AdamScott, host ScottAukerman, guest HarrisWittels, guest PFTompkins, guest LanceBangs)
{
    YouPoppinMyStones(AdamScott, ScottAukerman, PFTTompkins);
    BlueTurtlin(AdamScott, ScottAukerman, PFTTompkins, HarrisWittels);
    ILoveILoveFilms(AdamScott, ScottAukerman, HarrisWittels, PFTompkins, LanceBangs);
    PFTompkins.approve(true);
    AllAboutHouses(AdamScott, ScottAukerman, HarrisWittels, PFTompkins, LanceBangs);
    InUtero(AdamScott, ScottAukerman, HarrisWittels, PFTompkins, LanceBangs);
    GoodDrummers(AdamScott, ScottAukerman, HarrisWittels, PFTompkins, LanceBangs);
    WhatsYourFuckStyle(AdamScott, ScottAukerman, HarrisWittels, PFTompkins, LanceBangs);
    return "Great Ep";
}

string BlueTurtlin(host AdamScott, host ScottAukerman, guest HarrisWittels, guest PFTompkins, guest LanceBangs)
{
    TalkingBoutTurtle(AdamScott, ScottAukerman, PFTTompkins, HarrisWhittles);
    TwosClues();
    return "Great Ep";
}

string TalkingBoutTurtle(host AdamScott, host ScottAukerman, guest HarrisWittels, guest PFTompkins, guest LanceBangs)
{
    return "Great Ep";
}

string TwosClues(host AdamScott, host ScottAukerman, guest HarrisWittels, guest PFTompkins, guest LanceBangs)
{
    TalkinBoutMoney();
    return "Great Ep";
}

string TalkingBoutMoney(host AdamScott, host ScottAukerman, guest HarrisWittels, guest PFTompkins, guest LanceBangs)
{
    WhenDoYouGetThereBro(ScottAukerman);
    return "Great Ep";
}

string WhenDoYouGetThereBro(host ScottAukerman)
{
    ScottAukerman.walkingSpeed("20mph");
    return "Great Ep";
}

string ILoveILoveFilms(host AdamScott, host ScottAukerman, guest HarrisWittels, guest PFTompkins, guest LanceBangs)
{
    LetsBeFrank(HarrisWittels);
    Gucation();
    ILoveILoveILoveFilms()
    PFTompkins.approve(false);
    return "Great Ep";
}

string LetsbeFrank(guest HarrisWittels)
{
    HarrisWittels = Frank;
    return "Great Ep";
}

string Gucation()
{
     return "Great Ep";
}

string ILoveILoveILoveFilms(host AdamScott, host ScottAukerman, guest HarrisWittels, guest PFTompkins, guest LanceBangs)
{
     PFTompkins.approve(true);
     return "Great Ep";
}

string AllAboutHouses(guest HarrisWittels)
{
   foundation = "most important";
   floor = "least important";
   return "Great Ep";
}

string WhatsYourFuckStyle(host AdamScott, host ScottAukerman, guest HarrisWittels, guest PFTompkins, guest LanceBangs)
{
   HarrisWittels.fuckStyle(sad);
   LanceBangs.fuckStyle(calibrated);
   PFTompkins.fuckStyle(straightup1900wizardwolf);
   AdamScott.fuckStyle(shortandhairy);
   ScottAukerman.fuckStyle(misterbartlebyoldfashionedrootbeer);
   return "Great Ep";
}
I think I might have brain problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak