Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

JazzFlight posted:

Yeah... err... I don't remember their tattoos exactly from Indie Game The Movie, but was that Edmund McMillen and his wife (and others) dancing naked in that trailer?

I hope so, they're sexy beasts. I can't loving wait for this to come out. The trailer was the perfect slice of weird hype I needed for the announcement/final waiting stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Cross-posting this from the Destiny Thread:

madsushi posted:

Digital upgrade program:

Buy last-gen, get free upgrades to next-gen:

http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade
Anyone pre-order it on the PS3 and can confirm you see the PS4 version as free yet?
This sounds like a great deal to essentially get it as Cross-Buy.

Also really sucks if you pre-ordered it on the PS4 because it's apparently not backwards Cross-Buy.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Seems like a no brainer to buy on PS3 to have both for free.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
People talk about Binding of Isaac as this great game. I watch trailers, I read a bit here and there.

I still have no loving clue of what it even is. Like, at all...

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Feenix posted:

People talk about Binding of Isaac as this great game. I watch trailers, I read a bit here and there.

Top-down rogue-like run'n'shoot.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Feenix posted:

It's a Smash TV-style roguelike in which you play an abused child fighting off a horde of cute, cartoony deformed abominations and monstrous reinterpretations of biblical creatures.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Remember Zelda? Remember the dungeons?

Imagine that except as a roguelike (procedurally generated and randomized rooms) and with the sort of storyline you'd expect from the creators of Super Meat Boy.

That's pretty much it. A twisted ode to the top down Zeldas.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I just got a new phone that can use the Playstation App, I connected it to my PSN/PS4 and used it to scroll through my home screen on my PS4 which was pretty cool, is there anything else useful/cool I can do with it or games that make good use of it (or their own apps?) I know Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeros has an app, although I haven't fired it up yet.

crackton
May 9, 2009

FoolishLobster posted:

PvZ Garden Warfare, Trials Fusion and Killzone are all $20 each at Walmart in Canada this week.

Link to flyer ad: http://flyers.walmart.ca/mobile/walmartcanada-weeklyflyer/flyer_item/41590848?locale=en&postal_code=L5V2N6&store_code=1061&type=1

Trip report: Price-matched at Best Buy for $20 after tax.

Thx for this, grabbed the last copy at my local Walmart after class. Been wanting to try this but couldn't justify spending $40 for it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

The Cameo posted:

Remember Zelda? Remember the dungeons?

Imagine that except as a roguelike (procedurally generated and randomized rooms) and with the sort of storyline you'd expect from the creators of Super Meat Boy.

That's pretty much it. A twisted ode to the top down Zeldas.

Also a twisted ode to Catholicism! :catholic:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Cameo posted:

the sort of storyline you'd expect from the creators of Super Meat Boy.

Bear in mine that Tommy Refenes (the technical talent half of Team Meat) wasn't involved with Isaac. It was all Ed McMillen's crazyfuck mind, and the technical side was whipped up by another friend of his over a couple of weeks, which is why the original version was a terrible flash clusterfuck. The new version was developed by Nicalis, who seem to have done a pretty great job.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Feenix posted:

If you have played Spelunky, it's progression is very similar to that but the gameplay is kind of like a more frantic NES Zelda is that makes any sense.

Speaking of Spelunky, wheres my PS4 port?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Spalec posted:

I just got a new phone that can use the Playstation App, I connected it to my PSN/PS4 and used it to scroll through my home screen on my PS4 which was pretty cool, is there anything else useful/cool I can do with it or games that make good use of it (or their own apps?) I know Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeros has an app, although I haven't fired it up yet.

Assassins Creed 4 allows you to view the map and do the Kenway's Fleet stuff while you are away from the game. Ground Zeroes uses it as a map. Watch Dogs allow you to control the cops in the CToS Mobile challenges. Thats all I know of so far.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Destiny will have a tie-in app that lets you browse the tower merchants and see your grimoire collection and a few other things.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

If you have played Spelunky, it's progression is very similar to that but the gameplay is kind of like a more frantic NES Zelda is that makes any sense.

Speaking of Spelunky, wheres my PS4 port?

I'm hooked on The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth mod at the moment, so finally having a solid release date for the remake is wonderful. The game definitely suffered from being programmed in flash, with no native controller support, 30 fps limit, and being prone to glitch or crash. Being written from the ground up on a new engine is the best possible outcome, especially since it allows for the PS4 and Vita ports to happen. Apparently the code for Super Meat Boy is a mess too, and Edmund doesn't want to even look at it again, let alone port it to anything right now.

Spelunky needs to be on the PS4, since it makes perfect use of the record feature. I want my feed to be a never-ending montage of death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAtNFzWwCaQ&t=849s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1_EwuMM-KI&t=1786s

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

blackguy32 posted:

Assassins Creed 4 allows you to view the map and do the Kenway's Fleet stuff while you are away from the game. Ground Zeroes uses it as a map. Watch Dogs allow you to control the cops in the CToS Mobile challenges. Thats all I know of so far.

The Ground Zeroes app, more importantly, has a neat little base building experience that you unlock additional content and bonuses for by doing well in the actual Ground Zeroes game. It's pretty cool.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The original Binding of Isaac was a flash game posted on Newgrounds; the PC version is just the same flash game in a standalone wrapper.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

haveblue posted:

The original Binding of Isaac was a flash game posted on Newgrounds; the PC version is just the same flash game in a standalone wrapper.

Actually the only thing that was on Newgrounds was the free demo.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I'm going to play a lot of Isaac on the Vita. Have they announces if it's cross buy and or save. Though I guess save isn't super applicable

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

That loving Sned posted:

Spelunky needs to be on the PS4, since it makes perfect use of the record feature. I want my feed to be a never-ending montage of death.

They announced it's coming awhile back we just don't know when yet. As usual it'll be free if you already have the PS3/Vita version.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
gently caress all these destinies and diablos, velocity 2x is where it's at. Did anyone manage to perfect stage 47 yet because Jesus loving Christ

Psn is toastface if anyone would like to add me for leaderboard shenanigans.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
So Destiny is preloaded on my PS4. Pretty cool!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

when i get my system on the 9th, how many hours of updates to firmware and game am i going to sit through before I can play destiny?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

when i get my system on the 9th, how many hours of updates to firmware and game am i going to sit through before I can play destiny?
Probably not that much, depending on your internet speed.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SLOSifl posted:

Probably not that much, depending on your internet speed.

Thats cool.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
If you have a USB thumb drive, just download it now and wait mere seconds/minutes for it to instal to the hard drive: http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/#update-computer

Something to consider is that since the Destiny PS4 doesn't come out until next week, it probably has a much more recent firmware on it like 1.74 so it might be a matter of downloading a few hundred megabytes. The largest patch, I think, was in November 2013 for launch, which was 500+ megabytes but the Destiny PS4 should absolutely have that already installed. Everything since then has ranged from as small as 30 mb to I think the May update being like 700 mb, but there's never been anything on the Xbone's scale of 2 gig patches.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

HampHamp posted:

gently caress all these destinies and diablos, velocity 2x is where it's at. Did anyone manage to perfect stage 47 yet because Jesus loving Christ

Psn is toastface if anyone would like to add me for leaderboard shenanigans.

I haven't really been touching my Plus freebies because I guess I have indie fatigue, but I decided to give this a go even though I saw a video earlier and didn't think I'd like it. Turns out it's essentially Speedrun: The Game, and that's right up my alley. I am also digging the presentation of the story and the definitely the music as well. This is a damned gem, and the sort of thing that justifies the annual membership. Looks like I have something to keep myself busy until Tuesday.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Edit: never mind

1997 fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 6, 2014

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

1.76 took me less about 5 minutes, from the start of download (~200Meg) to being completely installed and finished. As someone mentioned you can get the firmware downloaded now on a USB and update via that, so it'll take even less time. I don't know if Destiny has any day 1 patches lined up but they'll take as long as your internet takes to download them. The patching system is very fast on PS4 compared to PS3.

The rest of the PS4 first time setup is pretty quick, just select some settings (timezone, language etc), log into/create your PSN account and go.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

gently caress me, PS4 Minecraft has MORE trophies than PS3 Minecraft. *howl*

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

After buying Hotline Miami on PC and then PS3, I decided to give it another whirl on PS4 and try to get into it and I can honestly say it's the most uncomfortable game I have ever tried to play regardless of platform. I really want to like it but the controls are just so loving weird and uncomfortable and frustrating to me. I really just need to wash my hands of the game because I'm never going to get used to this.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

NESguerilla posted:

After buying Hotline Miami on PC and then PS3, I decided to give it another whirl on PS4 and try to get into it and I can honestly say it's the most uncomfortable game I have ever tried to play regardless of platform. I really want to like it but the controls are just so loving weird and uncomfortable and frustrating to me. I really just need to wash my hands of the game because I'm never going to get used to this.

Something is really strange about it on ps4. I thought it controlled great on ps3 and I cant figure out what is wrong.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Speedball posted:

gently caress me, PS4 Minecraft has MORE trophies than PS3 Minecraft. *howl*

It also has new music, well probably old music for PC fans, but us console plebs take what we can get.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
So is there any incentive to getting Destiny digitally on PS4 only instead of buying digitally on PS3 and then 'upgrading' to PS4, or is there some catch I'm missing? Cross buy is pretty cool but having it only work in one direction is a bit... odd.

LoudLoudNoise
Dec 29, 2008

Herr Direktor posted:

Something is really strange about it on ps4. I thought it controlled great on ps3 and I cant figure out what is wrong.

That's odd. Nothing felt wrong to me. I beat it on the Vita and picked up a bunch of trophies on the PS4 version.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Space Racist posted:

So is there any incentive to getting Destiny digitally on PS4 only instead of buying digitally on PS3 and then 'upgrading' to PS4, or is there some catch I'm missing? Cross buy is pretty cool but having it only work in one direction is a bit... odd.
Yeah, I want to know about this too. Specifically, is there going to be anything weird about the PS4 version, like it requires some second kind of verification to run it, or its title is different on the title screen, or it has two sets of trophies, or something like that? I can't think of any reason I would want it on the PS3 (well, I have not decided if I want it at all), but I also can't think of any reason I wouldn't.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I am purely speculating here but I would guess that you can no longer play the PS3 copy once you have upgraded.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It says in the FAQ you can play both.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Weird. Seems silly not to just make it cross buy if that's how it's going to work, even though there isn't really any reason to play the PS3 version if you already have a PS4 unless you have some friends that haven't upgraded or whatever. I'm just gonna buy the disc so I can sell it if I don't end up wanting to play it for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
Thanking the thread for the heads up on the KontrolFreaks. Got the CQC for the left stick, and FPS Ultra for the right, and it's pretty drat awesome. Cranking up the sensitivity isn't a problem now, it's not quite mouse and keyboard but it's the next best thing.

Just waiting for my Squid grips to arrive and I'll be ready for Destiny on Tuesday.

• Locked thread