Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Did they ever do a podcast where they talked about Kill La Kill? I just finished it (thanks netflix, now i'm some kind of dirty anime watcher) and i'd like to hear their opinions on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It was at the end of one of the sbfc.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie just needs to beat 2 more boss souls, drangelic castle, the 5 areas leading to the Ancient Dragon, 3 memories, beat the King, do 3 entire DLC's, and then beat the last 3 bosses in the game.

Should be over next week.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AXE COP posted:

Did they ever do a podcast where they talked about Kill La Kill? I just finished it (thanks netflix, now i'm some kind of dirty anime watcher) and i'd like to hear their opinions on it.

Yes they did, it's Episode 34.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Woolie just needs to beat 2 more boss souls, drangelic castle, the 5 areas leading to the Ancient Dragon, 3 memories, beat the King, do 3 entire DLC's, and then beat the last 3 bosses in the game.

Should be over next week.

This is worse than the Nuzlocke.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Beef Waifu posted:

This is worse than the Nuzlocke.

Nothing is worse than Nuzlocke, at least you can't really grind in Dark Souls so we're not just watching chatter about nothing for thirty minutes about nothing. My only real beef about DS2 is Pat needs to eat a slice of humble pie, because he keeps getting gameplay information wrong and misrepresenting lore.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Rodyle posted:

Dual wielding, better movesets for existing weapon types (WHIPS), cool new ones (twinblades), and a much better set of toys for magicians of all stripes. There's a lot of mechanical improvements in Dark Souls 2.

Unfortunately it also comes with adaptability, which is the worst idea since Item Burden in Demon's Souls.

Also being able to respec. And the way infusions work, the fact that they don't remove stat scaling and they're independent of overall upgrade level. And how weapons have innate damage modifiers for two-handing, so you don't end up with stupid poo poo like a weapon doing the same damage when two-handing as when one-handing just because it has no scaling bonuses.

I'm not going to make any exhaustive lists but there's a lot of quality of life improvements in DS2's mechanics, and I'm not just talking about the framerate.

Tae posted:

Would rather have Adapability than completely useless stats like Resistance. And I bet there are people that unironically miss the Jump button in DS1 (for those that don't know, Sprint/Roll/Jump are all the same button. Jump is sprint first, then double tap the sprint button).

There are. I've seen them with my very own eyes in the comments on some of the Best Friends LP videos. I know, youtube commenters and all that, but still. Some of them were talking about how they missed jumps all the time in DS2 but never in DS1, which is straight out of bizzaro-world because I have the exact opposite experience.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's not even that, this really has nothing to do with DS itself but he's really playing up his role as a dick a bit too much. Like, what the heck drove him off the deep end?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pat can be wrong about lore and mechanics all day, I have no problem about that. It's his attitude of aggressively being a poo poo to Woolie that makes those things annoying to hear.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

Pat can be wrong about lore and mechanics all day, I have no problem about that. It's his attitude of aggressively being a poo poo to Woolie that makes those things annoying to hear.

Oh, to be clear, I'm fine with him being wrong. It's his attitude of "No I know everything shut up Woolie" when he does not, in fact, know everything.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

If Pat wasn't there to poo poo on Woolie, Woolie would still be standing in Iron Keep trying to figure out how to dodge the fist slowly approaching him.

I enjoy the antagonism, it's the lack of that kind of thing that makes say, the Nuzlocke so terrible at any point in which Liam's not actively trying to get Woolie killed. Or pretty much every single Matt/Woolie video, where the two of them tend to just agree on everything.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

hoobajoo posted:

Oh, to be clear, I'm fine with him being wrong. It's his attitude of "No I know everything shut up Woolie" when he does not, in fact, know everything.

Yeah, I agree. It gets really old when Woolie proves him wrong, right there in front of him, and he still learns nothing.

People all have their own tolerances for how they can act with each other and how much of it is taken seriously, so I tried not to get too bent out of shape about Pat being a prick when Woolie seemed to be okay with it. But the fact is, it's not very fun to listen to someone just relentlessly being a douchebag to someone you don't hate, whether or not the other person is offended. This is not the kind of interpersonal interaction that makes LPs fun to watch for me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Have they mentioned watching the giant bomb industry rumble they were planning to watch? Because if they haven't seen it yet they reeeeally should

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cathair posted:

This is not the kind of interpersonal interaction that makes LPs fun to watch for me.

I think it's hilarious and Woolie deserves it because he's a liar and a thief. Also, murdered that guy. (but he should tone it down a tiny bit)

Also, the last two pages just made my last comment stronger.

ALSO, I couldn't really get into the Prison Break LP so DS2 is all I have - it's just too bland in its terribleness for me to care. :smith:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Dias posted:

Also, the last two pages just made my last comment stronger.

Dark Souls fans are insufferable because some might find Pat annoying in this particular video series? That is a very specific reason to not like a group.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Dark Souls fans are insufferable because some might find Pat annoying in this particular video series? That is a very specific reason to not like a group.

No, it's because the sheer mention of any opinion (fanbase, weapon choice, lore, how to play, DS1 vs DS2) about DS2 generates a long-rear end debate that goes nowhere. If the Democrats got into Dark Souls, there wouldn't be a need for Republicans to filibuster ever.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What the hell are you looking for in a Zaibatsu lp if Prison Break isn't doing it, it's like the most perfect (trainwreck) ever

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

What the hell are you looking for in a Zaibatsu lp if Prison Break isn't doing it, it's like the most perfect (trainwreck) ever

It's that I find the game to be terrible but somehow also boring. Maybe it's because I found Prison Break the series tedious and it just reflects on that piece of crap.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Dias posted:

No, it's because the sheer mention of any opinion (fanbase, weapon choice, lore, how to play, DS1 vs DS2) about DS2 generates a long-rear end debate that goes nowhere. If the Democrats got into Dark Souls, there wouldn't be a need for Republicans to filibuster ever.

Which is, again, much like innumerable other video games during the prime of their popularity. What, is this some sort of 'people who like popular video games are all insufferable' kind of thing?

Well, that's partly true, I admit. But to try so hard to single out DS suggests some petty personal reasons on your part.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Cathair posted:

Which is, again, much like innumerable other video games during the prime of their popularity. What, is this some sort of 'people who like popular video games are all insufferable' kind of thing?

Well, that's partly true, I admit. But to try so hard to single out DS suggests some petty personal reasons on your part.

Every person whose Dark Souls videos were vaguely popular that I've seen has had a metric truckload of people come out of the woodwork to tell them how they were playing it wrong. Every single one. I don't think it's a stretch to say the Souls fanbase is more than a bit anal about things.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Pat is basically doing it to Woolie in the videos so I think it's appropriate to see it in the comments too

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

straight jerkers posted:

Pat is basically doing it to Woolie in the videos so I think it's appropriate to see it in the comments too

Well, Pat is by definition a Souls fan.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's a real lovely week on the best friends channel. Prison Break has stopped being funny-frustrating and started being actual-frustrating, Dark Souls playthrough will never loving end and is as insufferable to watch as all Dark Souls gameplay videos, and shaolin monks is over now I guess?

Beef Waifu posted:

This LP needs to end sooner so I have one less place on SA where I see loving Dark Souls discussion.

This 100%. I'm so sick of Dark Souls chat. :negative:

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Adaptability is the worst and I have honestly never noticed until I started a level one play through and found out my rolls have to be literally loving perfect or else I eat it.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I don't watch the dark souls playthrough but the Prison Break lp is still really funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0WfcUvVCM8

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Prison Break LP is still funny for me because every character model has dead soulless eyes.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Prison Break itself isn't really bad in a funny way, the appeal of that is just Pat dying. It's like his version of Crime Time.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Pretty great MK Fisticuffs.

"You're about to see some high level Mortal Kombat play."

"IS THERE ANY OTHER KIND?! ...I forgot my moves"

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Honestly, mid-tier MK9 is more fun to watch than high level anyway. You're less likely to watch Kabal do his air-fireball for an entire round.

Also, the video isn't actually on their site right now, so just watch it on Youtube.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's probably one of the best FNF's just because they're right in the meaty part of the curve between 'legit high level' and 'knows the game good' to be fun.

Also, full of technical dramas.

"What's even going on?!"

"MOOOOOOOORTAL KOOOOOMBAT!"

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Alright Shaolin Monks gets all the credit in the world now because I straight up laughed out loud for 5 minutes after that Scorpion/Terminator thumbs up.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ahaha of course that's what those Red Lizards do. I love you From Software.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It's probably one of the best FNF's just because they're right in the meaty part of the curve between 'legit high level' and 'knows the game good' to be fun.

They're kinda very far away from "knows the game good", man. Still awesome, and I forgot how fun Test Your Luck can be when you both don't know how to play.

(I think the closest they got to "high level play" in FNF was 3S, which makes sense because it was "their" game)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dias posted:

They're kinda very far away from "knows the game good", man. Still awesome, and I forgot how fun Test Your Luck can be when you both don't know how to play.

(I think the closest they got to "high level play" in FNF was 3S, which makes sense because it was "their" game)

Yea rewatching I just remembered since this this is Mortal Kombat and everything cool they did was by accident. Still great video though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh hey I was wrong Shaolin Monks isn't over. Hooray!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dark Souls II is Pat's game of the year, I was going to make fun of his bi-polar opinions but then realized they still haven't done their 2013 list.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good, hearing Woolie and Pat try and sweet talk Persona 4 Arena was terrifying.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The loving rapid uppercuts were the highlight for me.

Characters just going into fist-pumping seizures over and over again.

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!
I re-watched that Final Fight: Revenge video a little while ago and it made me realize I want a Fisticuffs episode of that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If only there was a Final Fight fighting game that existed somewhere out there... if only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs1PPp1aeqg