Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

That's really cheap to put only one spare and not two. Ear plugs are super cheap in the first place.

It might have something to do with them wanting it to all fit nicely in the one container? It's still lots cheaper than the $50 ones at my local dj shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Louise Belcher hoodie from Etsy.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.
Couple of things for hitting balls out in nature..

Taylormade R1 I've been needing a new driver (currently using a TM Burner 2.0) and can't cough up the money for a new SLDR or G30 so going with last year's model to still give me the adjust ability I need to tweak my shots while my swing gets better.

Been wanting to try a 60° wedge to picked this up on a recommendation from a friend. If I like it a lot then I'll spend money on a better one but at least this way I can give it a good try rather than occasionally borrowing one from a friend.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Tindjin posted:

Couple of things for hitting balls out in nature..

Taylormade R1 I've been needing a new driver (currently using a TM Burner 2.0) and can't cough up the money for a new SLDR or G30 so going with last year's model to still give me the adjust ability I need to tweak my shots while my swing gets better.

Wouldnt this be promoting bad habits? I slice off to the left (lefty hitter) 70% of the time but if I adjusted the club and not my swing then that 30% I swing correctly would be off.

I havent played a game of golf since I was a teenager and have only recently played top golf a few times.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

JEEVES420 posted:

Wouldnt this be promoting bad habits? I slice off to the left (lefty hitter) 70% of the time but if I adjusted the club and not my swing then that 30% I swing correctly would be off.

I havent played a game of golf since I was a teenager and have only recently played top golf a few times.

I am working with a trainer and have some lingering issues with getting the club face closed due to shoulder injuries. While I continue working on getting more motion in my arms and such he suggested this as a way to enjoy the game. As my swing gets better and the path goes more to pull/draw then I can dial back on the adjustments. I currently use Burner 2.0 which in hindsight wasn't the greatest. I hit a G30 and SLDR back to back with my current club and even with no adjustments it just felt better so giving this a try.

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

You can't have a pistol with a detachable magazine outside the grip. I have yet to see anyone with a bulletbutton version of an AR pistol but I'm sure some dork has.

We also have some dumb rule about maximum pistol weights that may come up.

My ar pistol has a bullet button with a 10 round magazine, as do my AR rifles. I'm used to the dumb laws we have so this didn't bother me that much.

The sig brace is cool but it has not been approved by the DOJ, just the ATF. So i'd rather not border on the risk just incase they want to make an example out of me.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

JEEVES420 posted:

It falls to the golfer to not use a club's adjustable to mask a swing fault, though in general adjustability is minor compared to the massive swing faults that most golfers have.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

:shroom: :catdrugs: :shroom:

Treated myself and didn't wait for the paperback.

The coloring and super-detail is really nice, but it didn't make me laugh as much as Scott Pilgrim did.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

I went to the Salt Lake Comic Con today, and spent some money for my home office.
Yes, I am a giant man-child for buying this.

This, however, was limited to 3000 copies, so I don't feel bad for picking one up.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

David Copperfield posted:

:shroom: :catdrugs: :shroom:

Treated myself and didn't wait for the paperback.

The coloring and super-detail is really nice, but it didn't make me laugh as much as Scott Pilgrim did.

Yeah, it's more in line with his other book, Lost At Sea. Look out for the Scott and Ramona cameo, though!

Bought this so I'd have something to play while my PS4 was being serviced. I've only played Fusion so far, and while I like it, I miss the weirdo robot voices and "WELCOME TO THE FUTURE! MAN, MACHINE, THE FUSION!"

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

No Egrets posted:

I haven't played any "serious" games, mainly just what nintendo is known for (Mario Kart, Mario World, etc). I've read that there are some more serious games coming out soonish though. One recommendation, if you at all like games like team fortress 2 you should check out splatoon. It's not out yet, but really looks amazing. One thing I am very, very pleasantly surprised at how much I like the gamepad tablet and how well it works, before I actually used it I thought it was gimmicky as all hell.

If you haven't yet, you should try out the Wonderful 101. The camera controls are a little rough, but it's a drat fun game.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Coffee And Pie posted:

Yeah, it's more in line with his other book, Lost At Sea. Look out for the Scott and Ramona cameo, though!

Bought this so I'd have something to play while my PS4 was being serviced. I've only played Fusion so far, and while I like it, I miss the weirdo robot voices and "WELCOME TO THE FUTURE! MAN, MACHINE, THE FUSION!"

I played Evolution before Fusion and both on PC, but holy poo poo I hate Fusion in comparison. The trick mode adds nothing :saddowns:

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Etrips posted:

So stoked for this thing. Anova One sous vide immersion cooker.

Did you get yours on the $50 off special last week? I wasn't gonna buy one for a while but then that came up and it's just sorta whelp, why not. They're estimating delivery by Friday 12th! Pretty amped.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

McSpergin posted:

Did you get yours on the $50 off special last week? I wasn't gonna buy one for a while but then that came up and it's just sorta whelp, why not. They're estimating delivery by Friday 12th! Pretty amped.

Sure did! Mine should be here on Tuesday. I should look up a recipe and get ready.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I went to a shop where everything is five dollars or less and got a completely nonsensical shirt. It has two sharks coming out of tacos, shooting lasers out of their eyes, and it's in space. There's also some lime slices floating around, so maybe the shirt designer got really really high while thinking about fish tacos. It's stupid and terrible and I love it. I can't get a picture of it, since I don't have a working camera/smart phone, but I might be able to get one later.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Not my picture, but I managed to get this bad boy at Goodwill:

In perfect shape. Only $2.

Retails for over $60 new, used anywhere from $30-$40. I haven't counted literally every piece, but it looks like it's all there.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Sweet score.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

120 lumen flashlight with a rechargeable battery and a AAA adapter for :10bux: on ebay.

Bonus for either being SWAT or camo, since it's a random color thing.

Still, not bad for a flashlight.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Because I'm an idiot & didn't think of buying one for cheaper until the last minute, I snagged this at the local service center when I dropped my car off for repairs while I'm on a road trip with my sister this weekend.

That way I can still do work stuff on my Macbook Air while driving through the desolate parts of Texas & Arizona.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

After Sonos dropped the requirement to wire your first device to a router (and after adding support for Google Play Music earlier this year) I finally cracked and got a Play:3 and a Play:1

After setting those two up, I'm already considering to buy at least one for every room. :getin:
Who needs food, right?

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school
No pictures, but I just blew $180 on bras. This was with a 20% off coupon, and a buy two get one free deal. :byodame:

obsolete absolution
Oct 9, 2007
forgiveness is meaningless

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

120 lumen flashlight with a rechargeable battery and a AAA adapter for :10bux: on ebay.

Bonus for either being SWAT or camo, since it's a random color thing.

Still, not bad for a flashlight.

My buddy has one of those, but all black. It's a decent flashlight, but we all laughed about the "tactical defense head" and jokingly stabbed each other with it. What about that could possibly be useful in a defense situation, really?

Turns out if you jab and twist it will grab flesh in a way that makes an Indian burn feel like a pleasant massage.

I just spent $70 on supplies for the photo project I'm doing for my mom's birthday. I thought this was going to be a cheap project, but a startlingly high number of sub-$50 frames are made of MDF, which isn't exactly ideal for preserving cherished family photos.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
Just bought these:

I'd almost given up hope finding this colourway in men's size 7 - 7.5 (~women's size 9) but I managed to snag the last of my size on Ebay :D They should get to me in the next couple of weeks :slick:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Action Yak Police posted:

I went to a shop where everything is five dollars or less and got a completely nonsensical shirt. It has two sharks coming out of tacos, shooting lasers out of their eyes, and it's in space. There's also some lime slices floating around, so maybe the shirt designer got really really high while thinking about fish tacos. It's stupid and terrible and I love it. I can't get a picture of it, since I don't have a working camera/smart phone, but I might be able to get one later.

Post that freaking shirt. To me.

I just bought this

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
NFL starting

Stocked up on cheap crap that should get me by -- will need to escalate to the 100+ proof vodkas but it's a solid base

handle

handle

12 bottles i think

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Decided to get my ears pierced. Got 4mm CZ rounds in them, because I'm cheap as gently caress but also because I like the fire in CZ's, diamonds don't have the same colorful sparkle. And hey, if I got a bad reaction to the metal, at least it's no big loss.

No pictures of them in worth showing though.

Murg
Oct 22, 2008

Where did you get these? I need a pair and Google is failing me.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Murg posted:

Where did you get these? I need a pair and Google is failing me.

They've actually been taken off the site at the moment, not sure why. But assuming they come back they were from here: http://www.emp-online.co.uk/lis_Amo...ort=releasedate

Murg
Oct 22, 2008
Thanks, I hope they come back. :f5:

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Rorac posted:

Decided to get my ears pierced. Got 4mm CZ rounds in them, because I'm cheap as gently caress but also because I like the fire in CZ's, diamonds don't have the same colorful sparkle. And hey, if I got a bad reaction to the metal, at least it's no big loss.

No pictures of them in worth showing though.

There's a good piercing thread in YLLS. I'm sure they'd be happy to advise you on your new piercings, should you need it.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Bogan Krkic posted:

I just bought this

Woah, that rules.

Muffin Rhino
Dec 31, 2006

I am SO gay for Doctor Cox.
I hope I don't regret this, but I caved.

Between this and Destiny, it looks like I won't be getting poo poo done for a while.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Muffin Rhino posted:

I hope I don't regret this, but I caved.

Between this and Destiny, it looks like I won't be getting poo poo done for a while.

Don't start opening cases. It's not worth it

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Needed some new hair stuff, decided to try this particular type of hair stuff. Hopefully it makes my hair look not-terrible.

And I finally got an emusic account, so I got a bunch of stuff:

The Samples' first album.

Starfucker's first album, and a couple other songs of theirs that I knew.

They Want My Soul, the new album by Spoon.

All this, and a couples songs by Betty Who, 7Horse, Goo Goo Dolls, and Nat King Cole.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Bogan Krkic posted:

I just bought this

holy poo poo this loving owns i need it in my life

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LexMod Edge. I usually don't get chairs without a high back but I've been using my GF's and it's helping correct my ooze-like posture.

Been using this for a while and it's doing wonders for my pores. Though it sucks because I can no longer store marbles on the surface on my nose.

Pre-orded these two because the first two were fantastic.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

McSpergin posted:

holy poo poo this loving owns i need it in my life

The website is nearly as gnarly as the shirt

http://skullman.com/

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Nothing says resistance as much as a skeleton. That t-shirt is so rad.

quote:

The origin of the Slam Dunking Skeleton – from the artist himself: “The 1992 Lithuanian Basketball Team represents what happens in freedom… people excel. The Lithuanian Basketball Team symbolized resistance against an oppressor, and the Slam Dunking Skeleton represented them, a whole country’s team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Got my KMR handguard installed and this thing is so drat light it's unreal