Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
W3P9D-94T56-PJUD3-CVRRA-Y3R5V

and thanks a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
XZNE8-3RQWB-L9S5V-B9RHY-ARTN3

Thanks! Also, all of them are used now, except EJ836-48UTY-CARTS-8SCF8-CVF95, which came up as invalid.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Nalin posted:

XZNE8-3RQWB-L9S5V-B9RHY-ARTN3

Thanks! Also, all of them are used now, except EJ836-48UTY-CARTS-8SCF8-CVF95, which came up as invalid.

Oops, typo'd that one.
EJ836-48U6Y-CARTS-8SCF8-CVF95

The other un-crossed-out ones say someone else already used them, or are they saying you've already applied them?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Pyroclastic posted:

Oops, typo'd that one.

The other un-crossed-out ones say someone else already used them, or are they saying you've already applied them?
I tried applying every single un-crossed one, and they are all used. The one I picked, and that broken one, were the only two that weren't used out of the un-crossed ones.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Pyroclastic posted:

Oops, typo'd that one.

Someone's used that one too now.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Ralith posted:

Someone's used that one too now.

Probably doesn't help the forums are currently publicly accessible. Lurkers going to lurk I guess, I was honestly surprised I was able to use a key, first one I tried was taken but unlisted.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
So with another xp event coming up we should probably get all our butt touching and leveling done.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
The prices of battleframes has also skyrocketed as more and more people are relisting. If you've been holding off on buying that Electron, now's the time to pick it up before it gets any worse.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Inimicul posted:

The prices of battleframes has also skyrocketed as more and more people are relisting. If you've been holding off on buying that Electron, now's the time to pick it up before it gets any worse.

Well there is the Battleframe sale going on with 15% off on everything so if a frame is above 8.5 on the market just get the beans for credits instead and buy it for beans. Also if you don't have the Electron yet just be glad you didn't waste money on that pile of poo poo and buy yourself something nice instead.

Several other items are now also more expensive for credits, like VIP time and bikes so unless you absolutely want the white bike get the one from the store instead. It's nice and purple.

Endgame blue gear has pretty much crashed since the new area opened since you can buy those for vouchers now even though the ones that drop in the wild are slightly better because they have a prefix. Blue 40 gear will get you really far in the game too since the only difference between a blue and a purple of the same level is 2 power rating and crafting a blue is a third of the stuff you need for a purple and the price on the market is much much less.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Morglon posted:

Endgame blue gear has pretty much crashed since the new area opened since you can buy those for vouchers now
Which location's vendor?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It's split up, abilities are all over the place, weapons are Stronghold only though. Here's a list.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
The event flooded the market with credits, which let the prices of stuff rise to help even out the bean crash.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I applied to goon2 since you scrubs in mumble kept gasping for breath when I said I wasn't in either. I'm probably going to be away for a move for a few days, but I look forward to coming back to low low prices on rhino, mammoth, bastion and tigerclaw so I can get them and my recluse/dragonfly up to butt touching goodness. Then I won't have a use for credits anymore, Yay!

I hope they don't patch out butt touching before I get back. :ohdear:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

DelphiAegis posted:

I hope they don't patch out butt touching before I get back. :ohdear:

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/arm-and-a-bootleg.5172021/

BranFlakes posted:

This Job has been temporarily disabled because I hate GOONS -- once we've resolved a few issues with it, we'll get it back online.

Cheers,

Brandon

You HAD to go and mention it and tempt Murphy's Law.

Direct quote. Bold part totally not added by me here just now. I swear!

Edit: I just realized, that post was made a mere 19 minutes before you posted.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

:cawg:

Who has two thumbs and all frames over 21? :smuggo:

Oh well, rip HOOCH and the most beautiful woman in Copa.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Hardly surprising after pubbies have been advertising this all over zone chat for the last few days. This is why we can't have nice things. I guess it's okay though since it wasn't exactly engaging for new people to do. Now someone find a thing for 21+.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Not quite Hooch fast but in DT there are several Strifebringer missions that are pretty damned fast. People will be advertising for Strifebringer groups in zone chat. They all go something like this:

Step 1: Group leader parks in base and pulls the mission.
Step 2: Group leader talks to NPC nearby to get explosives.
Step 3: Group goes to waypoint and blows up 5 strifebringers while killing 7 dudes and a boss.
Step 4: Group goes to waypoint and blows up 5 strifebringers while killing 7 dudes and a boss.
Step 5: Group leader talks to same NPC to hand in explosives.
loop

There are versions of this mission at every job board in DT I've seen except sometimes it's Ophanim boxes instead of Strifebringers. The added bonus is that these same job boards actually have desirable gear for your vouchers. Blue weapons, abilities, and HKMs depending on the board. Worst case scenario are green hybrid modules for all the drops you'll be getting from mission rewards.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

quote:

This weekend the Accord is sponsoring a special bonus event to celebrate the completion of their Battleframe spotlight series. This event will consist of a 25% XP bonus to ALL Battleframes, Accord or otherwise, from Friday, September 5th at 5:00pm PDT (click to view in your timezone) until Monday, September 8th at 5:00pm PDT (click to view in your timezone). This is the perfect opportunity to level your Advanced Battleframes, or even any of the Accord Battleframes whose special you missed.

FYI, not a bad little shindig. Probably help me grind out some of my level 30 frames since I really hate DT ares\job boards.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Anyone on the PTS? Pubbies clamoring on the boards that new weapons are coming down the pipe that will make the ones we can craft now more or less extinct. Curious if anyone can confirm.

Also, anyone know if there are any loot drop changes coming down the pipe for BC\Kana\Warfront?

xxEightxx fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 5, 2014

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

xxEightxx posted:

Anyone on the PTS? Pubbies clamoring on the boards that new weapons are coming down the pipe that will make the ones we can craft now more or less extinct. Curious if anyone can confirm.

Also, anyone know if there are any loot drop changes coming down the pipe for BC\Kana\Warfront?
The new prefixes will do stuff like increase damage per round at the cost of reduced rate of fire, or change the damage type of the weapon, or enable bullets to bounce on walls or pierce enemies. If they give poison weapons, poo poo is going to change, as the poison perks are some of the best perks you can get.

hug your babies
Aug 25, 2004
hug your babies
Have they done away with TDM, Harvester, and the control point game? Do they plan to bring them back? Open world pvp sounded awesome; however, i tried it and it's awful.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

That happened a long time ago, they talk about wanting to bring them back but nothing definitive yet.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Lazer Monkey posted:

That happened a long time ago, they talk about wanting to bring them back but nothing definitive yet.

They want to bring it back but there is no eta, and with owpvp being new and the major focus, I wouldn't expect much movement on that for a while. I think the arena thing was an e-sport type focus, and ff seems to have moved away from that into a more mmo style game.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Does anyone know how the tigerclaw perk that gives up to 40% bonus damage for repeatedly hitting the same target behaves when you're hitting multiple targets? I'm thinking about slotting it on my level 40 firecat with ridiculous AoE, but it'd be a waste if it only affects one target out of the ten or so I might nuke with each shot, or worse still doesn't apply to splash damage at all.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I haven't paid much attention to exactly how that perk stacks on multiple targets, I'll have to do a few tests next time I login.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013
I was under the impression that its counter would reset if you hit a different target.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I believe it only stacks up on one target, so multiples negate it.

However, an EXCELLENT alternative for firecats, especially in PVP, is the Mammoth level 40 skill - 15% regen on skill use, combined with a reusable skill like Afterburner, becomes quite insane.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

So why would anyone play Mammoth over Rhino?

The Rhinos heavy laser has near perfect accuracy at even extreme ranges but the Mammoths guns barely hit at all once you get to more than 20 meters or so.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Zephyrine posted:

The Rhinos heavy laser has near perfect accuracy at even extreme ranges but the Mammoths guns barely hit at all once you get to more than 20 meters or so.
Both guns have exactly the same range (80m) :confused:

The Mammoth gun has some drop, sure, but it's also got a touch of splash damage. It's not at all hard to hit things at long range if you pay attention to the arc.

DarkDobe posted:

I believe it only stacks up on one target, so multiples negate it.

However, an EXCELLENT alternative for firecats, especially in PVP, is the Mammoth level 40 skill - 15% regen on skill use, combined with a reusable skill like Afterburner, becomes quite insane.
Ooh, I'll settle for that quite happily.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Zephyrine posted:

Mammoth equipped with a Barrier HMG, teleport shot, and their choice of other dread skills will DESTROY Rhinos in pvp.

The mammoth's survivability vs the Rhino laser HMG more or less evens out - but then you add in the fact that nailing someone with Teleport Shot does more damage than any other skill I am aware of. Something like 20 thousand? Mix that with thunderdome, repulsor, explosive rounds, heavy armor - to your taste - and then the crazy regenerating passive, and you have a frame that shits out almost as much damage as Rhino and can take about two times the overall abuse.

PVE sided, the Rhino will be better off fore pure numbers, but does suffer for lack of any abusable mobility skills (Teleport Shot, again, is fantastic)

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Ralith posted:

Both guns have exactly the same range (80m) :confused:

Perhaps but the spread on the minigun is awful at most ranges and the damage drops severely.

Ralith posted:

The Mammoth gun has some drop, sure, but it's also got a touch of splash damage. It's not at all hard to hit things at long range if you pay attention to the arc.

It feels like trying to hit a target with a water hose.

DarkDobe posted:

Mammoth equipped with a Barrier HMG, teleport shot, and their choice of other dread skills will DESTROY Rhinos in pvp.

The mammoth's survivability vs the Rhino laser HMG more or less evens out - but then you add in the fact that nailing someone with Teleport Shot does more damage than any other skill I am aware of. Something like 20 thousand? Mix that with thunderdome, repulsor, explosive rounds, heavy armor - to your taste - and then the crazy regenerating passive, and you have a frame that shits out almost as much damage as Rhino and can take about two times the overall abuse.

PVE sided, the Rhino will be better off fore pure numbers, but does suffer for lack of any abusable mobility skills (Teleport Shot, again, is fantastic)

It was PVE I had in mind. When using turret mode from an good position like a pillar or a hilltop the Rhino seems to deal out perfect damage even at ranges over a hundred meters. Wven if the target is smaller than the cross-hairs and moving.

The Mammoth guns on the other hand losses damage very quickly once the targets are further away.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I made an update to the KearnyTransit addon that adds most of the instances you could care about. If you hate trying to get to or leave Devil's Tusk, consider installing this.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Yay! No more getting stuck in DT / Sertao. Thanks, Nalin.

hug your babies
Aug 25, 2004
hug your babies
Should I level up the accord frames, or drop the redbeans and buy the other frames?

I'm looking to put upgrades in my Assault's Overcharge module: What should I stick in here - I'm assuming stuff like "increase range" and "increase AOE" will do nothing for me?

What does it mean when computer man says "item tracking deactivated" when entering certain areas?

hug your babies fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Sep 7, 2014

Dingo Unchained
May 28, 2013

hug your babies posted:

What does it mean when computer man says "item tracking deactivated" when entering certain areas?

It means you were near a crystite deposit (toxic event) and have just left it behind, afaik. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

hug your babies posted:

Should I level up the accord frames, or drop the redbeans and buy the other frames?

I'm looking to put upgrades in my Assault's Overcharge module: What should I stick in here - I'm assuming stuff like "increase range" and "increase AOE" will do nothing for me?

I try to increase duration above everything else.

Also, what is the difference between potency and force?

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Bait and Swatch posted:

Also, what is the difference between potency and force?

Force affects things like knock back and throwing velocity. While Potency affects things like Heavy Turret charge and other things that are percentage based like Power Field bonuses. Every once in a while you may find an exception to this logic, the whole thing is cookies vs biscuits, really.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Bait and Swatch posted:

I try to increase duration above everything else.

Duration, recharge and fire rate bonus, in that order. Overcharge gets jammed up in that there just isn't that much to boost, so you may have a slot where you dump in some cheap purple for power level rating.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

So what Frame is best for general event AOE damage?

I've been playing around with the Firecat but every single ability seems to be made for close range and regardless of what class you are. Close range is rarely a good idea unless you're fighting enemies that are the same level as you or below and then you should be out looking for tougher enemies anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Zephyrine posted:

So what Frame is best for general event AOE damage?

I've been playing around with the Firecat but every single ability seems to be made for close range and regardless of what class you are. Close range is rarely a good idea unless you're fighting enemies that are the same level as you or below and then you should be out looking for tougher enemies anyway.

Recluse. Unless you can tell where poo poo spawns then it's Bastion. Honestly Recluse doesn't depend on terrain at all and will shine at offensive or more mobile combat while Bastion will rely on somewhat clever terrain usage and will absolutely dominate everything else at area denial. Unless you're stupid and take the loving Tesla rifle but then it's your own loving fault.

• Locked thread