Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Too bad that doesn't mirror real life. (spiller starting)

Incorrect: http://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart.html

I have to thank you however, because googling this taught me that Buffalo's third RB is named Boobie Dixon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Industrial posted:

I have to thank you however, because googling this taught me that Buffalo's third RB is named Boobie Dixon

That depth chart is wrong (in fact, never rely on the team website). Spiller is going to be the kick returner, which means Fred Jackson will start most series, in addition to getting all of the red zone touches. Spiller will probably get 10-15 touches a game, if that, because St. Doug hates him.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

anime gently caress pillow posted:

You did not give up DT, Joique Bell, and Vereen for Shady. I know he's our boy but that's gutting your team in the name of homerism. Why :gonk:

It left my lineup as:

QB: Nick Foles
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Emmanuel Sanders (I'm really high on him)
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Andre Ellington
TE: Zach Ertz
FLEX: Rashad Jennings

If Ellington doesn't play, that makes Rashad the RB2 and Michael Floyd as my FLEX.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Don't draft Bills not named Fred Jackson

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Man, if the Gordon suspension gets reversed or at least majorly reduced, my WR core is going to be Julio Jones, Jordy Nelson, Keenan Allen, Cordarrelle Patterson, and Josh Gordon. :getin:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Mine will be Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, and Josh Gordon as my starting 3 WRs :getin:

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
Calvin, Julio and Josh. PLease god

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Interesting article RE: Dwyer

Just some food for thought.

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/3068/if-andre-ellington-is-sidelined-should-you-trust-jonathan-dwyer-in-fantasy-football

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Megatron, Gordon and Dez here :snoop:

I think it'd be pretty neat

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
In my work league it would be Megatron, Dez, DThomas, and Gordon. It's only 8 teams, but that's pretty awesome.

In my family league I'd be starting Dez, Gordon, Gronk, and Graham as my WRs, TE, and Flex. Can't complain about that.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I was saying before that while Dwyer's numbers aren't stellar, the Steelers had one of the worst O-lines in the league during Dwyer's time.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

toxicsunset posted:

Calvin, Julio and Josh. PLease god

Word, me too. Basically if the Gordon suspension is overturned that's a wrap for this league.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Industrial posted:

Is he #3? He was just a goal line back / special teams guy in San Francisco. For my money, I like Bryce Brown as a bet against Fred Jackson and his hundred year old body.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Bryce Brown is the #3 in Buffalo. He was playing ahead of Dixon by preseason's end and the Bills spent a mid-round pick to acquire him. They want him to be a big factor next year or this year if someone gets hurt. Next year might not matter though if the staff gets fired.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

Franks Happy Place posted:

That depth chart is wrong (in fact, never rely on the team website). Spiller is going to be the kick returner, which means Fred Jackson will start most series, in addition to getting all of the red zone touches. Spiller will probably get 10-15 touches a game, if that, because St. Doug hates him.

Based on what?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Industrial posted:

Based on what?

Based on last season.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

For everyone worried about 10-15 touches, for a back like Spiller that's plenty of chances for him to bust off a nice chunk of yardage and reduces injury risk.

Still, Marrone is an rear end in a top hat and I hope they fire him soon.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
So, I'm doing my final draft tomorrow night. How much (if at all) do you guys think I should down grade Lacy and Ellington?

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Industrial posted:

Based on what?

Him being constantly misused.

Go Go Gadget
Sep 24, 2004

ChocolatePancake posted:

So, I'm doing my final draft tomorrow night. How much (if at all) do you guys think I should down grade Lacy and Ellington?

I think if there's a toss up situation between one of those guys and someone else you should choose the someone else. Ellington news is all conjecture right now but if there's a 30% chance he's out for 4-6 weeks i think that's worth a significant downgrade unless the rest of your team is good enough to give you some wins in the meantime without him. Lacy may be back as soon as next game, but with Bulaga out for at least a month or so, but between the concussion and that injury, I think I'd downgrade Lacy towards the end of the 1st round or maybe even 2nd round. Of course I don't know anything about the Packers so maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on Bulaga going down and 1 game against the seahawks at home.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

ElGroucho posted:

Fantasy Football 2014: I Knew I Should Have Stayed Away From Ellington

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

LmaoTheKid posted:

For everyone worried about 10-15 touches, for a back like Spiller that's plenty of chances for him to bust off a nice chunk of yardage and reduces injury risk.

Still, Marrone is an rear end in a top hat and I hope they fire him soon.

Oh yeah, Spiller is still worth a start as a high-upside, horrible-downside RB2/flex type of guy.

If you want 8-12 points more or less guaranteed with a slim chance of maybe 18 (assuming a lucky second rushing TD), go with a guy like Jeremy Hill. If you need a miracle, Spiller will give you either 30 yards and no TDs, or 150 yards and two. It really just depends on who your opponent is and what your lineup looks like.

Franks Happy Place fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 5, 2014

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

If you want 8-12 points more or less guaranteed with a slim chance of maybe 18 (assuming a lucky second rushing TD), go with a guy like Jeremy Hill.

*not a guarantee

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Homestar Runner posted:

*not a guarantee

Well there are no guarantees in this life, but a designated red zone and short yardage back has a higher floor than a scatback, just because they grind out volume and probably get that one RZ touchdown.

Forty yards and a TD is a reasonable window to aim for with guys like that.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

The page loaded slow so I was hoping it was just "If Andre Ellington Is Sidelined, Should You Trust Jonathan Dwyer in Fantasy Football?"

and "No"

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
If I get Gordon for nothing again and he goes nuts two years in a row I will be the happiest girl in the world. Also could take some sting off this whole Lacy concussion thing. :smith:

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?

Scruffy the janitor posted:

If I get Gordon for nothing again and he goes nuts two years in a row I will be the happiest girl in the world. Also could take some sting off this whole Lacy concussion thing. :smith:

There are no girls on the internet.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

As a Stacy owner, I dropped Benny for Gordo in one league because gently caress it, it's only til Sunday and if this agreement goes through, I can deal with a non handcuffed Zac Stacy.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Suave Fedora posted:

You sit at your own risk.

I would be interested in seeing a breakdown of how opposing QBs did against SEA last season, and who they were. That would at least put some numbers to work instead of hunches.

Seahawks Away
Week 1 - Cam Newton 12.8 pts
Week 4 - Matt Schaub 18.7 pts
Week 5 - Andrew Luck 18.1 pts
Week 7 - Carson Palmer 10.8 pts
Week 8 - Kellen Clemons 3.4 pts
Week 10 - Matt Ryan 12.4 pts
Week 14 - Colin Kaepernick 12.1 pts
Week 15 - Eli Manning negative three point eight points

Seahawks Home
Week 2 - Colin Kaepernick 5.8 pts
Week 3 - Chad Henne 5.9 pts
Week 6 - Ryan Fitzpatrick 6.1 pts
Week 9 - Mike Glennon 16 pts
Week 11 - Christian Ponder 3.2 pts
Week 13 - Drew Brees 7.8 pts
Week 16 - Carson Palmer 2.8 pts
Week 17 - Kellen Clemons 6.5 pts

Start Your Matt Schaubs and Mike Glennons vs Seattle?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Zypher posted:

Seahawks Away
Week 1 - Cam Newton 12.8 pts
Week 4 - Matt Schaub 18.7 pts
Week 5 - Andrew Luck 18.1 pts
Week 7 - Carson Palmer 10.8 pts
Week 8 - Kellen Clemons 3.4 pts
Week 10 - Matt Ryan 12.4 pts
Week 14 - Colin Kaepernick 12.1 pts

Seahawks Home
Week 2 - Colin Kaepernick 5.8 pts
Week 3 - Chad Henne 5.9 pts
Week 6 - Ryan Fitzpatrick 6.1 pts
Week 9 - Mike Glennon 16 pts
Week 11 - Christian Ponder 3.2 pts
Week 13 - Drew Brees 7.8 pts
Week 16 - Carson Palmer 2.8 pts
Week 17 - Kellen Clemons 6.5 pts

Start Your Matt Schaubs and Mike Glennons vs Seattle?

Don't Start Against Seattle.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Apparently Lacy has already passed stage 1 of the concussion protocol.

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

The page loaded slow so I was hoping it was just "If Andre Ellington Is Sidelined, Should You Trust Jonathan Dwyer in Fantasy Football?"

and "No"

I'd be really surprised if it's not more like 50/50 between Dwyer and Taylor anyway.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

One of my opponents sent out a message asking to get WRs for RBs

My team:

His team:

Getting Le'Veon as my flex would be awesome. I was thinking of offering Joique and Roddy White for Le'Veon. That seem reasonable?

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

a speculative red zone and short yardage back

Fixed that for you.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Oh god if Gordon plays at all I'll be soooo happy. He was loose on the FA market in my 16 team 1PPR, and if he does get to play, I'll have quite the PPR WR combo.

I also get to play around with trading one of JBell or TRich and Hartline for a WR upgrade.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

A guy in my league who loves to trade won't stop hammering me for AJ80 and I finally got sick of the constant offers so Mason Crosby for LeSean McCoy finally shut him. Thanks y'all :)

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

ZIGfried posted:

Fixed that for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

LmaoTheKid posted:

A guy in my league who loves to trade won't stop hammering me for AJ80 and I finally got sick of the constant offers so Mason Crosby for LeSean McCoy finally shut him. Thanks y'all :)

"Crosby has 4 points this week to McCoy's 0"

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Zypher posted:

I was at this game and I loving loled at this. My friend and I left the stadium after the 3rd quarter to go pound more PBR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Kloaked00 posted:

One of my opponents sent out a message asking to get WRs for RBs

My team:

His team:

Getting Le'Veon as my flex would be awesome. I was thinking of offering Joique and Roddy White for Le'Veon. That seem reasonable?

eh I probably wouldn't do that, I like Joique and Roddy will be better this year probably

• Locked thread