Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

LaserBaconMan posted:

A friend just posted this on his timeline. :smith:

Why is he looking away from where the gun is pointed? And since the gun is pointed up in the air, what is he shooting at? If he is under fire and their is shrapnel flying, why isn't he wearing a helmet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
He's also missing his blouse and cover, and is holding the rifle wrong.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

LaserBaconMan posted:

I'm used to seeing this image with a :smug: "oh you think exams are hard?" :smug: meme on it that resurfaces during exam time in winter and spring.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Elliotw2 posted:

He's also missing his blouse and cover, and is holding the rifle wrong.

He barely seems to be familiar with the concept.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

LaserBaconMan posted:

glowing-fish posted:

Why is he looking away from where the gun is pointed? And since the gun is pointed up in the air, what is he shooting at? If he is under fire and their is shrapnel flying, why isn't he wearing a helmet?

Here's the story behind it:
http://blogs.reuters.com/photographers-blog/tag/helmand/

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

glowing-fish posted:

Muhreens are too special for helmets, apparently. :jerkbag:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Objection withdrawn, it seems like he just got caught up in a firefight while around the base.

I thought that it was a civilian playing rambo with no idea what he was doing.

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

I believe that both armed forces members and fast food employees deserve higher pay. Police officers and teachers, too.

Of course, I also believe that admissions standards for all of these professions (with the admitted possible exception of fast food) should be much, much more selective.

And that taxes should be raised in order to pay for it all.

NOW SUM UP MY POLITICAL POSITIONS IN A STUPID PHOTO MEME, YOU BASTARDS

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This is literally :smug:

"I'm more likely to remember the beach ball when we go to the lake"

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

I believe that both armed forces members and fast food employees deserve higher pay. Police officers and teachers, too.

Of course, I also believe that admissions standards for all of these professions (with the admitted possible exception of fast food) should be much, much more selective.

That's something I've always wondered with those images, is there a large group of people arguing for just fast food workers to get higher pay but are absolutely against soldiers getting a pay boost? Like even if you did some math and it turns out that thanks to some hidden costs even the soldiers themselves don't see, a US Army soldier's takehome pay is lower than a fast food worker's, I'd just say that whatever bill gets passed to fix the minimum wage should also probably cover soldier's incomes too.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This is literally :smug:

I love when I run into atheists who don't realize that they have the equation backwards, and that atheism is a result of high living standards and social freedoms, not a cause.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

LaserBaconMan posted:

There's a dude I know that posts that crap on his Facebook all the time. It's wanking about how the military is the best, HONOR ARE HEROES, soldiers aren't paid enough, blah blah blah.

He joined the Air Force after getting fired from a Netflix call center for browsing cheezburger meme pages at work. He has been in for like 4 years, has never been deployed, and his job in the Air Force is to drive a bus around a base in Texas. The most dangerous thing he has ever done is drive his Corolla to work every day.

I'd say that compared to his record in civilian life, he's doing more than OK.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

There's a dude I know that posts that crap on his Facebook all the time. It's wanking about how the military is the best, HONOR ARE HEROES, soldiers aren't paid enough, blah blah blah.

He joined the Air Force after getting fired from a Netflix call center for browsing cheezburger meme pages at work. He has been in for like 4 years, has never been deployed, and his job in the Air Force is to drive a bus around a base in Texas. The most dangerous thing he has ever done is drive his Corolla to work every day.

I'd say that compared to his record in civilian life, he's doing more than OK.

This is why I roll my eyes when people complain about deployments in the Navy. The worst thing a carrier deals with are the people in it. The last deployment I was on was mostly spent playing PS3 and hitting ports.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

canyoneer posted:

He joined the Air Force

lol go no further

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

DrProsek posted:

That's something I've always wondered with those images, is there a large group of people arguing for just fast food workers to get higher pay but are absolutely against soldiers getting a pay boost? Like even if you did some math and it turns out that thanks to some hidden costs even the soldiers themselves don't see, a US Army soldier's takehome pay is lower than a fast food worker's, I'd just say that whatever bill gets passed to fix the minimum wage should also probably cover soldier's incomes too.

No, of course there isn't. Treating the world as a zero sum game is just a very palatable way of rejecting any effort to make anyone's life easier. This is the same kind of person who will complain about foreign aid because there's still people going hungry at home, then reject any notion of welfare because people on the dole are just lazy moochers already. The boys are just a good target because they make less than minimum wage (assuming a 168 hour work week).

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Kajeesus posted:

No, of course there isn't. Treating the world as a zero sum game is just a very palatable way of rejecting any effort to make anyone's life easier. This is the same kind of person who will complain about foreign aid because there's still people going hungry at home, then reject any notion of welfare because people on the dole are just lazy moochers already. The boys are just a good target because they make less than minimum wage (assuming a 168 hour work week).

I thought that soldiers were selfless heroes! They really should be doing it for free, not for money if they were truly protecting freedom, since freedom has no price.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

But if we all don't chip on our buck'o five, who will? :(

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
My buddy just married black. She's previously said things like "Every man needs to be raped" and "trannies should be gassed like the kikes before them".

Dusty Baker 2 has a new favorite as of 11:11 on Sep 5, 2014

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Why did your friend marry this woman?

Also you forgot to redact a name in picture 2.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Kavak posted:

Why did your friend marry this woman?

Also you forgot to redact a name in picture 2.

My bad, fixed.

And we have no idea. He left all of his friends except for me (and I'm only around because she decided to stop hating me) and turned his back on his own family, calling the IRS on his mother and getting her arrested for tax evasion and poo poo. His parents were never anything but kind to him, I lived with them for like a year.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

My bad, fixed.

And we have no idea. He left all of his friends except for me (and I'm only around because she decided to stop hating me) and turned his back on his own family, calling the IRS on his mother and getting her arrested for tax evasion and poo poo. His parents were never anything but kind to him, I lived with them for like a year.

See, now we have to wonder why you're his friend, too.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Olanphonia posted:

People change. He probably got poisoned by Political Lesbian Wife.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
AAAAAHHHHHHH

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

If I encountered this guy in real life, I'd make him eat his fedora

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
How many crystals and dreamcatchers does this person own?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

If I encountered this guy in real life, I'd make him eat his fedora

He doesn't have a fedora. He's a fat Indian dude with an expensive camera and aviators.

Most of his profile pictures are just photos he's taken of stuff around campus, but occasionally he has gems like this:

Henchman of Santa has a new favorite as of 13:39 on Sep 5, 2014

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Olanphonia posted:

I haven't heard from him in a few weeks since the wedding. They met almost a year ago, we stayed friends for a while, but then in December she decided she hated me and he told me off for a few months. Two months ago he contacted me, apologized, all that poo poo, told me about the wedding, and asked if I'd go. I didn't want him to have nobody at the wedding from his side, so I went knowing that I'll probably never see him again because that's all he really needed from me. I try to ignore her for the most part and just hope he'll come around someday in the future.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

DrProsek posted:

Soldiers apparently do also get a lot of compensation that doesn't show up directly on their paychecks, but even so, it's kind of amazing that these images keep show up when the counter argument--"You're right, soldiers should ALSO get more pay!"--is so obvious. Also, people who "flip burgers" work pretty drat hard, and have to put up with lovely customers, long hours, grease burns, and smelling like fast food after the shift ends. Maybe not ARE TROOPS level of hard work, but certainly hard enough to deserve to be able to afford to, you know, live.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I was in the Army and I couldn't wait to get the gently caress out. I hated it. And yet if I was facing homelessness I would go back to it before becoming a wage slave in fast food. The pay is better, the benefits are better, it's less work for the income, and in an amazing display of irony you get treated like a hero instead of leech on society.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
one time i was on facebook and someone said something vaguely racist and jesus christ

i really hope i can find it for you guys because i just dont understand these people its disgusting

smdh...

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Is that the "BITCHES DON'T KNOW ABOUT MY X" shirt?

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

"Don't be afraid to quit a line of reasoning".

He should have followed his own advice a lot sooner.

Patchouli Patrol
Nov 11, 2007

Curt N. Call is a man, the replies are bizarre Dadaist poetry, as far as I can tell.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Patchouli Patrol posted:

Curt N. Call is a man, the replies are bizarre Dadaist poetry, as far as I can tell.

Seems more like September is "I don't know how a healthy relationship works" month.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I'm leaving the name on this because it was on ESPN's comments, so it is public. This is a lighthearted Idiot on Social Media.

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t

Idiot Kicker posted:

I'm leaving the name on this because it was on ESPN's comments, so it is public. This is a lighthearted Idiot on Social Media.

It's time the Cubs branched out. I say let 'em play football next year. It would be a nice change of pace.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Comna posted:

It's time the Cubs branched out. I say let 'em play football next year. It would be a nice change of pace.

Considering the Cardinals are also a baseball team, I think the joke is that someone suggested the Cubs would be good.

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t
I realized that as soon as I posted, but I just like to imagine that he was mixing up two different sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Men never struggle through life. Emotionless robots.

Or maybe they never break. Adamantium robots.

• Locked thread