Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

I understand when the account manager for Fender was told this story he just giggled a bit and said, "Yeah, that'll happen from time to time".

Lol, godamn.

I am now terrified I'm going to run into someone like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

Why exactly did the owner allow this guy to do this? Had he paid for the guitar up front and was just demanding that Fender meet his exacting standards, or was he making this idiotic display a condition of sale?

Also, just tell us how much the thing cost.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

I'm not sure really. For the first twenty minutes or so, the whole dismantling and rebuilding of the guitar seemed fine since he's not the only guy to do that, yet the only one to do it with such precision. He'd bought stuff off Craig before and tended to spend quite a bit so there was always the knowledge of some cash being dropped at the end. Daniel is a really, really nice and friendly guy too, the kind where you find it hard to be mad at him once you're face to face with him. Craig is known for being an angry and cynical man by nature, the kind of guy who will be in hysterics after a kid or old lady falls over in the street and will scream at someone and kick them out of the shop after they butcher one of his favourite songs. So part of Jon and I's amusement over the ordeal was seeing the Alpha angry Scot be reduced to a bag of nerves while the procedure took place. A deposit for the guitar had been paid when the order was placed, as was standard. Any order in item required a twenty percent deposit, so we kind of had to let him have his little inspection within reason, only Craig was purposely avoiding the ordeal because he knew he'd get wound up if he saw what was going on and Jon and I just found it to be quite interesting to watch.

Around £3000 - £3500 I think. This was in 2010/11 and to the best of my knowledge, not a master build.

Oscar Romeo Romeo fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 5, 2014

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I can't get inside the head of dudes like that, either the angry scottish one or the friendly aspergian one, because I'm perfectly happy buying a guitar sight nearly unseen off of ebay. it's not a good habit.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
man i don't care nearly that much about guitars, but on the other hand i buy from rondo at 150 a pop

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Jeremy_X posted:

Out in October apparently according to this article. Korg's page on the thing

quote:

Korg (best known for developing the DS-10 music creation software for the Nintendo DS)

yeah they're definitely not known for their ridiculously wide array of synths and fx going all the way back to the 70s

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
i had forgotten about the ds10 until that quote

Aoi-chan
Jul 28, 2003

Er, perhaps to the average Miku fan? I dunno, they're totally ignoring the M1 synth for DS and 3DS.

How does that pedal even get made, anyway, Vocaloid is a Yamaha product. The licensing must be a hilarious nightmare web of whatever voice talent studio owns the voice actress/Crypton/whoever holds the art copyrights/SEGA/Yamaha/etc.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Aoi-chan posted:

Er, perhaps to the average Miku fan? I dunno, they're totally ignoring the M1 synth for DS and 3DS.

Everything M1 should be ignored and purged from this earth.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Aoi-chan posted:

How does that pedal even get made, anyway, Vocaloid is a Yamaha product. The licensing must be a hilarious nightmare web of whatever voice talent studio owns the voice actress/Crypton/whoever holds the art copyrights/SEGA/Yamaha/etc.

Short Answer: The Japanese are ridiculously efficient at cross-promotion.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
also there is no singer/voice actress, it's all computer generated

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OGoybb7iuQ

i have to mention I think these are super dope, but the demo videos are AWFUL

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

muike posted:

man that does not sound good andI bet that pad's likely to fall out of the guitar kinda easily on stage

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I bet the pad stays fine unless you're a mongo, which I do happen to kind of be

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
if we lived in some alternate dimension where it's perpetually 1996 or say canada that'd be a very useful gimmick

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Now i want to play the cola can pickup guitar through that korg thing hooked up to the anime pedal god drat

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

killhamster posted:

also there is no singer/voice actress, it's all computer generated
Voicaloid uses recorded voice samples. I don't know if the stomp box uses the same samples, or what the rights issues look like for the original voice actors, but yeah. There's a voice actor.

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Aoi-chan posted:

iirc when i opened my old yamaha drum machine there was a big korg branded chip in it. yamaha used to own the majority of korg

Aoi-chan
Jul 28, 2003

W424 posted:

Everything M1 should be ignored and purged from this earth.

But... 90s dance music..!!??

Fax Sender posted:

iirc when i opened my old yamaha drum machine there was a big korg branded chip in it. yamaha used to own the majority of korg

Cute. I'll have to check mine out.

Aoi-chan fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 6, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

SubG posted:

Voicaloid uses recorded voice samples. I don't know if the stomp box uses the same samples, or what the rights issues look like for the original voice actors, but yeah. There's a voice actor.

afaik Yamaha has the complete rights to the voices after they do all the sampling so that's probably taken care of just by whatever deal Korg has with them

what i'm curious about if it just uses a sample of miku saying "la", "~nyaa~ or whatever, or if it supposed to interact with the vocaloid program itself. if it's supposed to run alongside the full program presumably it would be super easy to turn out Peter Frampton: Now With 200% More Anime! songs.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

a kitten posted:

afaik Yamaha has the complete rights to the voices after they do all the sampling so that's probably taken care of just by whatever deal Korg has with them

what i'm curious about if it just uses a sample of miku saying "la", "~nyaa~ or whatever, or if it supposed to interact with the vocaloid program itself. if it's supposed to run alongside the full program presumably it would be super easy to turn out Peter Frampton: Now With 200% More Anime! songs.

~oooh senpai i love your way~

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It comes preprogrammed with the vocals of one song already afaik and there's an iphone app that lets you put in new lyrics

Aoi-chan
Jul 28, 2003

a kitten posted:

In danger of admitting how much I might really know about all this, it probably uses the NSX-1 "eVocaloid" chip that Yamaha makes, which was used earlier this year in the Gakken NSX-39. It's basically a full-featured Vocaloid synth and a GM synth.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Aoi-chan posted:

In danger of admitting how much I might really know about all this, it probably uses the NSX-1 "eVocaloid" chip that Yamaha makes, which was used earlier this year in the Gakken NSX-39. It's basically a full-featured Vocaloid synth and a GM synth.

so... if i'm planning on eventually getting a Carvin MIDI guitar (so i can add a little flute) there's no reason for me to not get this you're saying?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Aoi-chan posted:

yr secret is safe with me
that sounds pretty cool. it'll be interesting to see what people do with it then.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Aoi-chan posted:

Still not a convincing argument.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a floating bridge on my grestch and I think I put it on backwards today

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Acquire Currency! posted:

I have a floating bridge on my grestch and I think I put it on backwards today

If it still works properly, you probably just unlocked some secret tone technique.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
I kind of want to get the anime pedal and program in some incantation to Satan with the phone app, and then running it through my doom metal bass rig.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Aoi-chan posted:

That loving house piano.

Fax Sender posted:

I had a Korg 707, it's a 4op Yamaha FM synth on the inside.

W424 fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Sep 6, 2014

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Bruce Boxliker posted:

I kind of want to get the anime pedal and program in some incantation to Satan with the phone app, and then running it through my doom metal bass rig.

There's a few vocal processors out there with a Satan voice filter already in there. I wonder how they'd deal with a bass input. :science:

Dewgy posted:

so... if i'm planning on eventually getting a Carvin MIDI guitar (so i can add a little flute) there's no reason for me to not get this you're saying?

Jethro Tull fan spotted.

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

Sockington posted:

There's a few vocal processors out there with a Satan voice filter already in there. I wonder how they'd deal with a bass input. :science:

I have a Digitech Vocal 300 and access to a killer bass rig. I'll try and get a recording at band practice on Monday.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
lol if u don't actually summon the dark lord himself and trap him inside ur cab

Aoi-chan
Jul 28, 2003

Dewgy posted:

Guitar + MIDI = might as well just play Rock Band.

Content:

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove

muike posted:

chug chugga chug bwereooowr chug chugga chugga brrwioryer

this and dread guy reminded me of looking at effect pedals and listening to the poo poo pentatonic demos almost always made me think the pedal was poo poo. especially flangers and poo poo like that. its impossible for those not to be tacky as gently caress

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

muike posted:

i like the backign track. it shows what metal guys think EDM guys like me really do

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Aoi-chan posted:

Guitar + MIDI = might as well just play Rock Band.

The midi stuff I've tried was more like guitar+midi=spend aeons editing the piece of poo poo because of the latency and tracking sucks and/or end up playing the track on keyboard.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sockington posted:

Jethro Tull fan spotted.

i pull off a solid ian anderson at karaoke so... yeah guilty as charged :negative:

i was referring to this video tho: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WlUXq19NbHg

reviews for that and the carvin sh65 seem to say they're awesome guitars regardless so whatevs, i just want to play with midi as a gimmick/toy

Aoi-chan
Jul 28, 2003

Dewgy posted:

i pull off a solid ian anderson at karaoke so... yeah guilty as charged :negative:

i was referring to this video tho: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WlUXq19NbHg

reviews for that and the carvin sh65 seem to say they're awesome guitars regardless so whatevs, i just want to play with midi as a gimmick/toy

If you want to make Miku sing with a MIDI guitar, I didn't see a MIDI in on the stomp pedal. You'd be better off using a the Gakken NSX-39 I mentioned earlier, hooked up to a PC routing MIDI from the guitar controller to it. The NSX-39 doesn't have a MIDI port, either, but it is controllable via MIDI over USB. I don't think the voice has an omni mode, though (it's "monophonic"), and I believe guitar controllers tend to map each string to separate channels.

Or plugging the output from your sound module in to the stomp.

Too bad it doesn't have a built in vocoder. Could get the Roland VT-3 or an old microkorg, split the output from the sound module and combine the sound module with Miku's voice and get some weird stuff, perhaps.

Edit: preliminary tests are kinda meh indicate I need more gear.

Aoi-chan fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

juche mane posted:

i like the backign track. it shows what metal guys think EDM guys like me really do

i would use it for supercar covers

• Locked thread