Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

IUG posted:

How do you not have Platinum God?

Knowledge of a game does not necessarily mean you are good at it. :v: I think part of it is the RNG revolting against me.

(I apparently only have 222 hours logged, which barely even rivals a bunch of people here, I think)

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
I gave up on 100% for the original awhile ago, it just runs sporadically well for me, so it's only playable about half the time I use it. Runs plenty of other games in high quality, so have high hopes for rebirth's performance.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Would it be safe to assume the PSN price will be the same as the steam version ?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I put in 109 hours into the original + WoL

Worth the couple of dollars I paid for it and for those people who are bitching about $10, they need to shut the gently caress up.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
It's cool to get 5 dollars off a 15 dollar game. I hope the game has a soundtrack DLC.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Doesn't the original BOI go on sale all the time anyway? Like if they're that stingy, they could wait for a Steam sale for Rebirth, though it takes a while for new games to get hit by one.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

Dr. Fetus posted:

Doesn't the original BOI go on sale all the time anyway? Like if they're that stingy, they could wait for a Steam sale for Rebirth, though it takes a while for new games to get hit by one.

You don't get it. 33% off isn't a deep loyalty discount, some of us were expecting 50% or more because gently caress giving them money for a patch and bug fixes. :downs:

I like the trailer because it's silly, but I miss the music style from the original BoI.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You know you've won the run when you pop Forget Me Now after clearing the Chest.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

jivjov posted:

The steam forums are utterly MELTING DOWN about how this "patch" costs $15 to download. Why the hell is the general gaming public so loving entitled?

To balance out the goony-rear end consumer whores who're all OH MY GOD A VIDYA PLEASE TAKE ALL THE DOLLARS FROM MY WELFARE CHECK ALSO I WANT TO CUT MY PENIS OFF AND BE A LADY. Nature finds a way.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:allears:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Disgusting Coward posted:

To balance out the goony-rear end consumer whores who're all OH MY GOD A VIDYA PLEASE TAKE ALL THE DOLLARS FROM MY WELFARE CHECK ALSO I WANT TO CUT MY PENIS OFF AND BE A LADY. Nature finds a way.

wow

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

hahahaha what the hell

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp

Consumers at large have not really known what they have wanted over the years in any media. Whether it be games, music, or film. But they sure know when it's time they are ready to cut their cocks off.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I would have preferred a 50% discount but I guess you have to account for the fact that people that bought the original game/expasion for the launch price are a minority by now.

TOOT BOOT fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 6, 2014

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I think you need some time off this internet thing. Also maybe not talk to others for a while.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
That guy is right though. Spend more hours on a game than you make in the span of a paycheck you may have problems. And everyone that bitches about paying money for an update will still pay it. Regardless if it's change scrounged from their moms 96' Chevy Beretta.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Chicago Death Rate posted:

Spend more hours on a game than you make in the span of a paycheck you may have problems.

I can't even work out what this means. Dunno about you, but I'm not paid in hours nor do I buy things with a unit of time.

Or does this mean spending more time playing a game than working is a problem? Your writing befuddles me.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
40hr work week is normal. A normal paycheck period is two weeks so 80hrs. The joke is most of these assholes just play games all god drat day and don't make more than $80 dollars in two weeks other than SSI or unemployment.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is Danny Baranowsky doing the music for Rebirth?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Ciaphas posted:

Is Danny Baranowsky doing the music for Rebirth?

No.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

loving welp :(. Probably still end up buying Rebirth, but I loved the BoI music.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Well that sucks. I'll miss all these simple songs he did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8TEsGhBOfI

Simple, but also pleasant.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

loving welp :(. Probably still end up buying Rebirth, but I loved the BoI music.

They've released some of the new tracks, see for yourself if it sucks now v:shobon:v

The new Caves theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=praLLgVrYFE

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
I liked the short bits of the soundtrack I heard in clips, but goddamn that track is loving great.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
I love the Danny Baranowsky soundtrack of the original, but the new one sounds pretty great too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope the old soundtrack is included too.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
This game needs to stop getting re-releases because at this rate the next trailer will literally be Youtube Ringu and greasy teens everywhere will drop dead.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

This game needs to stop getting re-releases because at this rate the next trailer will literally be Youtube Ringu and greasy teens everywhere will drop dead.

You say that like it's a bad thing :v:

Day one pre-order for me, between this and Warlords of Draenor I am going to have a very unproductive November :getin:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Oxxidation posted:

This is the first re-release though?

Zombear
Dec 4, 2007
Catchphrase!
I just found out about this thread now, after logging 140 hours, to find out about this expansion/patch/whatever. It's also only :10bux: right now on steam.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
:lol: at people complaining about a loyalty price of a game they probably paid $1 for in a humble bundle

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I need 56 cents in my Steam wallet to have the 10.04 necessary. Idling cards and hoping for something good! A foil would be nice! Or a two of diamonds, but I don't think Steam marketplace works like that.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
I think the only other game I ever had this much straight up fun playing was Super Mario World. Guys I have literally never been this pumped for a release.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Zombear posted:

I just found out about this thread now, after logging 140 hours, to find out about this expansion/patch/whatever. It's also only :10bux: right now on steam.

Rebirth will have more new items than the previous one had items, period. It's a sequel.

cryptoclastic posted:

I need 56 cents in my Steam wallet to have the 10.04 necessary. Idling cards and hoping for something good! A foil would be nice! Or a two of diamonds, but I don't think Steam marketplace works like that.
Do you have Steam Achievement Manager? It's useful for idling games without devoting the processing power. Don't worry, there's no risk of being banned for it. You can also use it to re-lock achievements you want to go for a second time I think. Come to think of it, you could use the to unlock the proper chest achievements and re-lock the incorrectly unlocked ones.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Sep 6, 2014

Zombear
Dec 4, 2007
Catchphrase!
A sequel is even better. Or probably harder and more twisted. Whatever it is I'm in. Already preordered.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Zombear posted:

A sequel is even better. Or probably harder and more twisted. Whatever it is I'm in. Already preordered.

Good choice.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Pre-ordered. As if that were even a question. I just crossed the 200 hour mark on Isaac Classic.

Anyone else ever notice Pestilence vomiting grenades without playing the proper animation? Sometimes he can shoot like half a dozen grenades in the space of half a second. They all go roughly the same place, thank God.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

IMJack posted:

Pre-ordered. As if that were even a question. I just crossed the 200 hour mark on Isaac Classic.

Anyone else ever notice Pestilence vomiting grenades without playing the proper animation? Sometimes he can shoot like half a dozen grenades in the space of half a second. They all go roughly the same place, thank God.

I think it has a chance of doing that if you have fired a prime number of shots during the boss battle (???)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

repiv posted:

They've released some of the new tracks, see for yourself if it sucks now v:shobon:v

The new Caves theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=praLLgVrYFE

...all right, fine, that'll do. But Sacrificial (the Basement) is still one of my favorite bits of vidya game music and this hasn't hit that height yet :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Color Printer posted:

Knowledge of a game does not necessarily mean you are good at it. :v: I think part of it is the RNG revolting against me.

(I apparently only have 222 hours logged, which barely even rivals a bunch of people here, I think)

I just want to know how many hours you've spent starting at the code just shaking your head and saying "What the gently caress?"

• Locked thread