Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dana White letting Bonnar go to Bellator now makes complete sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
Didn't Coker used to try to stay out of the limelight to an extent? I believe he used to say he wouldn't be between fighters during weigh-in faceoffs because he wanted the focus to be on the fighters. And now he's attempting to do mic work for the cheesiest pro wrestling poo poo in MMA.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Didn't Coker used to try to stay out of the limelight to an extent? I believe he used to say he wouldn't be between fighters during weigh-in faceoffs because he wanted the focus to be on the fighters. And now he's attempting to do mic work for the cheesiest pro wrestling poo poo in MMA.

Captain Log posted:

So Stephan Bonnar is basically a double agent for the UFC being paid under the table to make Bellator as God damned ridiculous as possible. I approve.

Coker's in on it :tinfoil:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Part of me thinks it's because Viacom forced him to do it as part of the Rebney takeover, and another part of me thinks Coker is willing to try something new since his approach with Strikeforce didn't succeed.

Or we can go with the Bonnar double agent, Coker double agent story line. I like that one.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

fatherdog posted:

Coker's in on it :tinfoil:

I'm not trying to add fuel to this theory, but Tito and Stephan are fighting on the same night as UFC 180 with Cain and Werdum in Mexico City. I am probably reading too far into this, but this could be some kind of a latino-specific counterprogramming move.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Lmao I know it's Bellator but that was incredible. Holy poo poo.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Triticum Guzzler posted:

SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS. this is the last thing i see before i go back to bed and i will have such beautiful dreams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDIrhndo1gc

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Suffice to say, we are in exactly the right forum.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

i completely missed this because i was watching a professional organisation but holy poo poo was i wrong to do so. this is just not loving sane.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Is it bad that I watched this and kept thinking Triple H would walk out?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Marching Powder posted:

i completely missed this because i was watching a professional organisation but holy poo poo was i wrong to do so. this is just not loving sane.

I wish real sports leagues worked this way and, say, the Raiders could just call out the Seahawks in sufficiently ridiculous fashion and get to face them in the playoffs.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

of course not, it's nsane

Curran/Pitbull was super-rad and I cannot wait for Tito/Bonnar to be the funniest fight that has ever happened.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

RZApublican posted:

Is it bad that I watched this and kept thinking Triple H would walk out?

Yes.

You should have been expecting Dixie Carter.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I swear on all that's holy Dana must've said to Bonnar, "dude, we are cool. Go bumblefuck bellator as hard as you can."

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Tito managed to botch his promo so badly and it had maybe three lines. He got flustered and jumped to the shove because the promo was just too hard.

I hope that Bonnar knocks Tito's rear end out and then spraypaints UFC on his back.

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 6, 2014

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

hahahahaahaha oh my god

i was kind of excited to see if coker could recapture a little bit of the strikeforce magic, but i was worried it would just be sad and miserable. this is much better.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Tito needs Paul Heyman to do his talking for him.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen my name is Paul Heyman and I am the one behind the one in August 2013 day One.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Lesnar to do his fighting for him would probably work out better as well.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Who is the guy they had wearing a mask?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Greg Jackson posted:

If they were going for "disgruntled former training partners and trainers of Tito Ortiz" I have a mask and a handful of signed Team Punishment T-Shirts that I would have been willing to submit to Viacom for consideration.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Gregor Samsa posted:

If they were going for "disgruntled former training partners and trainers of Tito Ortiz" I have a mask and a handful of signed Team Punishment T-Shirts that I would have been willing to submit to Viacom for consideration.

You trained :ortiz: tito ortiz?

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Yeah I think he said he was a thai pad holder.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Greg Jackson posted:

You trained :ortiz: tito ortiz?

Yeah, I posted the story somewhere in this forum but I don't have archives so I can't pull it up. The short version is: I used to train a couple MT fighters in Southern California, and a couple of them also worked with Jason Parillo, who was Tito's boxing coach. Jason asked me to come work with Tito before the Ryan Bader fight, promising that I would be well paid cuz Tito was making a comical amount of money.

So for a month or 6 weeks or so (I don't remember exactly; I might have at the time I posted the story), I went up and held pads for Tito and showed him how to do things and basically tried to explain to him how to, y'know, not suck poo poo at MT. At the end of all this, Tito strolled out to the last day of training with some Team Punisment shirts, a couple of them signed, and said that he bet this was a great experience for me. Given that I had lived and fought for about a year in Thailand not long before this, and so had dealt with literal children who were orders of magnitude better than Tito, the answer to that question was "No, :ortiz: it was not a loving good experience you unbelievable shithead."

mewse
May 2, 2006

Go train Bonnar now :laugh:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gregor Samsa posted:

Yeah, I posted the story somewhere in this forum but I don't have archives so I can't pull it up. The short version is: I used to train a couple MT fighters in Southern California, and a couple of them also worked with Jason Parillo, who was Tito's boxing coach. Jason asked me to come work with Tito before the Ryan Bader fight, promising that I would be well paid cuz Tito was making a comical amount of money.

So for a month or 6 weeks or so (I don't remember exactly; I might have at the time I posted the story), I went up and held pads for Tito and showed him how to do things and basically tried to explain to him how to, y'know, not suck poo poo at MT. At the end of all this, Tito strolled out to the last day of training with some Team Punisment shirts, a couple of them signed, and said that he bet this was a great experience for me. Given that I had lived and fought for about a year in Thailand not long before this, and so had dealt with literal children who were orders of magnitude better than Tito, the answer to that question was "No, :ortiz: it was not a loving good experience you unbelievable shithead."

The real question is did he actually pay you what his people said he would?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

Team Punishment gear is payment enough.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Bigass Moth posted:

No, the Punishment shirts and the greatness of the experience were thought payment enough by Tito. He also ended up shorting Parillo, iirc, citing costs of his divorce.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gregor Samsa posted:

Paid in emotions.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Greg Jackson posted:

It was Kenny Powers from the Eastbound & Down show.

http://www.spencersonline.com/images/spencers/products/interactivezoom/processed/02354462.interactive.a.jpg

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Greg Jackson posted:

Go train Bonnar now :laugh:

Bonnar could probably get an entire camp's worth of former Tito training partners. That would be an awesome angle.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

StephanBonnar posted:

Hey @Moe4777 everyone knows when @JustinMcCully is in your corner great things happen, his coaching record is impeccable. A true OC legend

lmao

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

People were supposed to know who the guy was after he took his mask off lol

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

hahahahahahahaha

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Ty1990 posted:

People were supposed to know who the guy was after he took his mask off lol

He actually wore two masks, just in case you could see through the hood and recognize him before the big reveal

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TNA writers doing the scripting for Bellator fight announcements to make ends meet.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

Here's incase someone missed what my main man the barn cat did this weekend. The slow mo at the end of that gif is so fantastic.

http://gfycat.com/DefinitiveFaithfulIrrawaddydolphin

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
it's been a while since I've seen something that b league

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Bellator is my favorite sport.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

He actually wore two masks, just in case you could see through the hood and recognize him before the big reveal

I'm literally crying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Bellator was so much more respectable when the dog-killer was in charge.