Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Huh, that's weird. I thought you couldn't arrange feasts until you were at least 16 years of age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!

Broken Cog posted:

Huh, that's weird. I thought you couldn't arrange feasts until you were at least 16 years of age.

I just checked the event files now, and it seems you just have be a ruler who isn't a prisoner. Presumably the regent is holding a feast in your name? :shrug:
code:
	feast_0 = {
		potential = {
			is_ruler = yes
			is_feudal = yes
			prisoner = no
			OR = {
				religion_group = christian
				religion_group = zoroastrian_group
				religion_group = jewish_group
			}
			NOT = {
				has_character_modifier = holding_large_feast
			}
			NOT = {
				has_character_modifier = large_feast_timer
			}
			NOT = {
				has_character_modifier = fabulous_feast
			}
			NOT = {
				has_character_flag = guest_feast_started
			}
			NOT = {
				liege = {
					has_character_modifier = holding_large_feast
				}
			}			
			num_of_vassals = 1
			NOT = { has_character_flag = do_not_disturb }
		}
		allow = {
			war = no
			any_demesne_title = {
				is_occupied = no
			}
			prisoner = no
			wealth = 25
			month = 10
			prestige = 100
		}

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Man, After the End is great, this is an awesome scenario.

Only problem is, in the current version, there are few enough provinces that at speed 5, the game goes so fast that I miss marriage proposals and education proposals, but speed 4 is too slow. :(

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Pakled posted:

Man, After the End is great, this is an awesome scenario.

Only problem is, in the current version, there are few enough provinces that at speed 5, the game goes so fast that I miss marriage proposals and education proposals, but speed 4 is too slow. :(

I always play at speed 2, and sometimes slow it down to speed 1 for small amounts of time when a lot is going on. Am I playing the game wrong? Doing too much micromanaging?

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
This happened to me the other day:

It's a ghost! :iiam:

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008
Oh god ck1 rebellions... I'm having flashbacks to insane inbred count whoever randomly revolting and giving me realms duress.

Which was the worst mechanic: realms duress, or the mongol khan having an unlimited defense?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Realm Duress, no contest. That affected everyone.

Smoremaster posted:

This happened to me the other day:

It's a ghost! :iiam:

Oh, he released him all right... from his mortal coil :black101:

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

TheLoquid posted:

Oh god ck1 rebellions... I'm having flashbacks to insane inbred count whoever randomly revolting and giving me realms duress.

Which was the worst mechanic: realms duress, or the mongol khan having an unlimited defense?

Crusader Kings having a stability mechanic.

Also the 'Rebellious' trait essentially being a time bomb for a revolt.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

timp posted:

I always play at speed 2, and sometimes slow it down to speed 1 for small amounts of time when a lot is going on. Am I playing the game wrong? Doing too much micromanaging?

Are you pausing a lot? I tend to run at fast speeds, and then pause whenever I want to manage/look at anything.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
I tend to play at speed 3 for general play, as 4 feels a little too fast and makes things a tad juddery. 2-1 Speed for careful military maneuvering.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

timp posted:

Play at speed 4 all the time, and then setup auto-pause for certain interesting events.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Really it depends how fast your computer is. On mine top speed is slow enough that I don't miss alerts.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Has anyone played the newest version of CK2+ yet? I've only played the original version which I liked a lot, but it seemed like the later ones changed a lot of things for the worse, so I'm curious to see what this one is like. I looked through the Paradox forum for it, but I didn't see any info about specific features and changes, just stuff saying that some of the older modules like Better Armies were fully integrated this time. Is the gender equality module still included?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I tried the new CK2+ yesterday and I like a lot of the ideas, but it has two issues:

A) Definitely a performance hog compared to vanilla.
B) Not stable. Expect to run into some game-ending crash or other.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Has anyone played the newest version of CK2+ yet? I've only played the original version which I liked a lot, but it seemed like the later ones changed a lot of things for the worse, so I'm curious to see what this one is like. I looked through the Paradox forum for it, but I didn't see any info about specific features and changes, just stuff saying that some of the older modules like Better Armies were fully integrated this time. Is the gender equality module still included?

I'm also wondering about this.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I usually play at 4 or even 5 and just have my thumb on the space bar for quick pausing when I hear the New Notification jingle.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Rincewind posted:

I'm also wondering about this.

I had a quick look at it. They've integrated India, which is good, and all the great bookmarks (1000 AD and the other ones).

Unfortunately, they're still using the garbage map (ICELAND DOES NOT NEED FOUR PROVINCES) and they appear to not have included the excellent Wiz-made modules Reign of Princes and Shattered Europe.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SeaTard posted:

Play at speed 4 all the time, and then setup auto-pause for certain interesting events.

I play on speed 4-5 because I'm an impatient shitheel and one time I tried to make the game autopause on siege victory/defeat because I automatically paused then anyway, but I was so conditioned to tap space that I was instinctively unpausing the game every time a siege ended, defeating the purpose of autopause. :eng99:

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Eric the Mauve posted:

I usually play at 4 or even 5 and just have my thumb on the space bar for quick pausing when I hear the New Notification jingle.

For me, 4 is peace speed, 3 is war speed, and 5 is fast forward. I still use the pause key instead of space, the novelty of actually pressing the pause key on my keyboard has never worn off even ten years down the line. Hell, that's probably the most fun thing about introducing paradox games to people, the confusion in their eyes when you tell them to press the pause key to stop the game.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I play on speed 4-5 because I'm an impatient shitheel and one time I tried to make the game autopause on siege victory/defeat because I automatically paused then anyway, but I was so conditioned to tap space that I was instinctively unpausing the game every time a siege ended, defeating the purpose of autopause. :eng99:

If there's one thing I could change about paradox games' UI it would be this. Back in EU2 if you had a message set to pause, the game would pause the game completely until you actually dismissed the message, and would resume automatically on dismissal, unless you pressed pause to lock the game in a paused state before dismissing the message. But either way the game would not advance one day more until you actually dismissed that message, and I really REALLY wish that was how "popup and pause" still worked.

Reveilled fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 6, 2014

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Reveilled posted:

If there's one thing I could change about paradox games' UI it would be this. Back in EU2 if you had a message set to pause, the game would pause the game completely until you actually dismissed the message, and would resume automatically on dismissal, unless you pressed pause to lock the game in a paused state before dismissing the message. But either way the game would not advance one day more until you actually dismissed that message, and I really REALLY wish that was how "popup and pause" still worked.

It does work that way for the popup style event messages, but yeah, at least give me a chance to train my poor thumb for other stuff.

KOraithER
May 13, 2007

Kids, go in the other room. Grown-up talk.

Reveilled posted:

For me, 4 is peace speed, 3 is war speed, and 5 is fast forward. I still use the pause key instead of space, the novelty of actually pressing the pause key on my keyboard has never worn off even ten years down the line. Hell, that's probably the most fun thing about introducing paradox games to people, the confusion in their eyes when you tell them to press the pause key to stop the game.

Until this post, I didn't even realize that there was a pause button on keyboards. Mine has a thick layer of dust on it.

Also, chiming in as somebody else who mostly plays on Speed 4, pausing whenever something happens (or I want to do something).

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

Might be thinking of the Grand Tournament.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What exactly are the reqs for Jomsvikings? Are they not spawning because my dumbass vassals are rejecting them or is it because one of the provinces got the last holding slot filled up?

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008
I play almost the entirety of my game on speed 1, 2 if I am waiting for something specific :colbert:

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What exactly are the reqs for Jomsvikings? Are they not spawning because my dumbass vassals are rejecting them or is it because one of the provinces got the last holding slot filled up?

They should spawn if any of the 4 provinces; Stettin, Wolgast, Rügen or Werle have a free slot and are owned by a norse pagan, reformed or not (and the year is 920 or later). Mean time to happen is just under 52 years though so it could take awhile.

And if this means what I think it does:
code:
ai_chance = {
			factor = 99
		}
Then the ai has only a 1% chance of rejecting them?
Though it looks like if they do get rejected in one county they won't ask any of the others.

The only other thing would be if there is no pope which I have seen people in this thread mention happening due to cb weirdness.

TheBlackRoija fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Sep 6, 2014

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TheBlackRoija posted:

I play almost the entirety of my game on speed 1, 2 if I am waiting for something specific :colbert:

They should spawn if any of the 4 provinces; Stettin, Wolgast, Rügen or Werle have a free slot and are owned by a norse pagan, reformed or not (and the year is 920 or later). Mean time to happen is just under 52 years though so it could take awhile.

And if this means what I think it does:
code:
ai_chance = {
			factor = 99
		}
Then the ai has only a 1% chance of rejecting them?
Though it looks like if they do get rejected in one county they won't ask any of the others.

The only other thing would be if there is no pope which I have seen people in this thread mention happening due to cb weirdness.

So it could take much longer than 50 years? Pope is there, but has long been vassalised by the HRE (who incidentally turned Cathar thanks to possessed Emperor).

Knuc U Kinte fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Sep 6, 2014

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

Bishop Rodan posted:

This kid is a player!

You think he's a player??

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I'm getting my first ever Demonspawn event!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Boooo, never had a demonspawn or a lunatic trait event happen over 300 hours played, you guys are hogging them all. I did have a giant rift in the land that i filled with cows tho.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I got the demonspawn event playing as Jewish Semien, and the demonspawn ended up being the one to recreate Israel and found the Third Temple which I can only assume involved a lot of ritual sacrificing. A suitably :black101: end to that playthrough.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
My heir apparent has a diplomacy score of 27, then two other skills above 10. I can tell he is going to be a total boss.

Also, I built that Republic I mentioned earlier in Cornwall. Now just for them to start having sons and stop killing each other so they can build things...

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Another Person posted:

My heir apparent has a diplomacy score of 27, then two other skills above 10. I can tell he is going to be a total bossget sick and die in 3...2...1...

This is CKII, after all.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Another Person posted:

My heir apparent has a diplomacy score of 27, then two other skills above 10. I can tell he is going to be a total boss.

Dont say that too loud or he will get incapable 2 years after he inherits.

Last Emperor
Oct 30, 2009

I'm interested to see how the new dlc effects certain regions of the world with the earlier start date.

Does anyone clued up on their history know if the Zoroastrian Persians are in a slightly better position than they currently are in the Old Gods start date?

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

The Abbasids took over Persia from the Umayyads in about 750, and they were very harsh on non-Muslims. There might be more opportunity to break away from Muslim overlords in religious revolts though. The Umayyads were fairly tolerant before them and didn't do much force-conversion, preferring to allow Zoroastrians to gain prestige in the Islamic administration through conversion. Bottom line, probably more provinces will be Zoroastrian and there might be an event chain or revolts reflecting the change in religious policy during the last parts of the 8th century.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Last Emperor posted:

I'm interested to see how the new dlc effects certain regions of the world with the earlier start date.

Does anyone clued up on their history know if the Zoroastrian Persians are in a slightly better position than they currently are in the Old Gods start date?

Eh, worse, possibly, the charlemagne start date is one or two decades after the transition from the Ummayad to Abbasid caliphates, and their empire will stretch from Tunis to the Indus and control the whole of Persia. The ruler of Khwarezm and a few other rulers int he area of Persia should be Zoroastrian, but would have been Abbasid vassals at the time.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

This is CKII, after all.

That isn't the real issue so far. He was 20 years old when I posted that. Now his score is 29, and he is 40. My King won't die. He is 80 now, and has gone from Duke, to King of Wales and holding half of England and a foothold in Ireland. Dude has led more armies and put up more plots than any other CK2 leader I have had. He is pretty decent too, sitting around 22 on Diplomacy and a score above 10. Then the heir apparents son is about 14 and has skills sitting around 10, set up to receive a Grey Eminence.

The Pagan's messed up hard this run. They just kind of puttered out. Not even the prepared invasion made a dent, England, Scotland and Ireland put up a fight. I scooped up the aftermath.

KOraithER
May 13, 2007

Kids, go in the other room. Grown-up talk.
Calling it now, your current ruler will outlive his son, and the grandson will get Detached Priest because RNG.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Another Person posted:

That isn't the real issue so far. He was 20 years old when I posted that. Now his score is 29, and he is 40. My King won't die. He is 80 now, and has gone from Duke, to King of Wales and holding half of England and a foothold in Ireland. Dude has led more armies and put up more plots than any other CK2 leader I have had. He is pretty decent too, sitting around 22 on Diplomacy and a score above 10. Then the heir apparents son is about 14 and has skills sitting around 10, set up to receive a Grey Eminence.

The Pagan's messed up hard this run. They just kind of puttered out. Not even the prepared invasion made a dent, England, Scotland and Ireland put up a fight. I scooped up the aftermath.

Fire your spymaster and try to diplostab the Pope or a emperor somewhere.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Well, he died after eight years or so. Then his son, another Grey Eminence with 20 diplomacy, took over. And his son and heir apparent of Wales and England, soon to be Scotland? He has 32 diplomacy. Welsh Gods.

Also, I had a nice laugh 1v1ing the Holy Roman Empire over Essex. He kept sending me his troops, 2000 at a time against my retinue of 4000, over and over, and I kept imprisoning his dukes, over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Is the tutor bug with Muslim daughters fixed yet? I'd really like to play a Muslim game but last time I tried that bug drove me crazy.

• Locked thread