Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bUm
Jan 11, 2011

ndub posted:

I dumped an entire terminus mag into a tr guy's rear end while he flew up an elevator pad tonight at hurakan. Not a single bullet worked. :soe:
I also had incidents tonight of full X-11 clips into enemies' backs at point blank for not even shield-breaking levels of damage. Then they turned around and killed me. Happened at least four times in my few hours (never mind a bunch of other incidents of taking far more shots than it should), often even giving hit indicators on my HUD despite obviously not damaging.

So, yeah, I agree that it seems worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Zaodai posted:

People keep mentioning this Cowboy Hat, was it a limited time offer or what?

It doesn't exist yet. But if you have faith in Higby, you may someday find your dreams of a sweet hat fulfilled.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

uncurable mlady posted:

Hit detection honestly feels worse after today's patch, I'll be amazed if they didn't add even more bugs somehow.

I think this might be a FPS issue, which after this week's patch has gone up again, I'm now running at about 100 FPS during normal play and around 70-80 FPS during the big 96+ fights and I've been rocking 4+ KDR. The only bug I'm getting is what a few people have mentioned about when I first enter a vehicle/turret it starts facing to the right and I still see ESF rockets fly in all directions.

I am saddened by the changes to the Valkyrie, I should be able to turn that thing into burning scrap in one clip of Skyguard. I put a Liberator down before I managed to down a Valkyrie with my Striker, guessing there were Engineers repairing it from the passenger seats. I thought the idea behind it was to quickly deploy half a squad and then get out or be disposable, thing really shouldn't have enough armor to survive any kind of fight. There's less certs in shooting at Liberators since they carry fewer people but at least the people can't bail out, everybody seems to run Squad Logistics System on the Utility slot and just bail out when they are smoking and I get a lock on, which again supports the disposable aspect of the thing.

i am paul newman
Mar 31, 2010
Mouse input works again! Higby is the best.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I played a couple of years ago when the game was poorly optimized and full of crash bugs. Want to get back into it now. Are there any guns and stuff I'd probably want to Pay2Win? Have about 5K station cash on my account. I'll be living free in the NC :clint:

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

For those of us chain riding the Beast and Diamondback over and over all night with zero lines, what exactly is that voice pack?

KI is a waste of money. Much like the Valkyrie. :frogbon:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Berious posted:

I played a couple of years ago when the game was poorly optimized and full of crash bugs. Want to get back into it now. Are there any guns and stuff I'd probably want to Pay2Win? Have about 5K station cash on my account. I'll be living free in the NC :clint:

Do you like Medic? Reaper or Tross

Uhhhh dual Mattocks for the MAX with exmags and slugs?

The NC really don't need to spend a dime to be kickass, as most of our best guns are free or cheap, and this game is pretty drat resistance to any pay2win efforts

Shatter camo is a must of course, as is a pimped out Sundy/Vanguard

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I have no shame.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hajj Podge posted:

KI is a waste of money. Much like the Valkyrie. :frogbon:

Well when you live in Indianapolis and only have a single day off your choices are Holiday World or KI and KI wins by a long shot. Plus this is a private event so there's no lines. 7 straight hours of coasters lawdy lawdy

As for the Valk, how is it post-patch? As bad as the main guns are I can see it being able to be a lot tougher without being totally bullshit

Edit - I mean yeah the average visit in July when the park is packed sucks, and I'm still super depressed that Son of the Beast got torn down. Best coaster ever :(

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Sep 6, 2014

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Do you like Medic? Reaper or Tross

Uhhhh dual Mattocks for the MAX with exmags and slugs?

The NC really don't need to spend a dime to be kickass, as most of our best guns are free or cheap, and this game is pretty drat resistance to any pay2win efforts

Shatter camo is a must of course, as is a pimped out Sundy/Vanguard

Medic and Engineer were my favorite classes. Easy to make certz even if you're terrible. Thanks for the info, I'll get some horrible camo to start.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Berious posted:

Medic and Engineer were my favorite classes. Easy to make certz even if you're terrible. Thanks for the info, I'll get some horrible camo to start.

I'm pretty good and Medic is my favorite class by a huge margin, and NC Medic reigns supreme amongst all factions. You've made a good choice.

I strongly recommend getting the Reaper or Tross. STRONGLY. If your accuracy ain't too hot get the Tross, but if you're pretty okay or better get the Reaper. Both guns are great for everybody but that's sort of the dividing line - Tross is a bit less accurate (I have trouble noticing with 5k combined kills between the two) but has ridiculous damage per mag, and the Reaper is a loving laser with more dps but less dpm.

Nothing is horrible about Shatter camo :colbert: also make sure to get yourself a Sundy horn!

And boosts! Now that I think about it that's about as close to P2W as PS2 gets, boosts are great

v v v yeah this is actually what I'm hearing from a majority of people who try both from scratch. To be honest, I probably love the Reaper because I'm used to it but LMG DPM on an AR like with the Tross is something that ALWAYS useful. You won't really notice the lower dps in my experience, and the Tross even has a totally unique 200x2 burst mode with a low (1.33x) FSRM! v v v

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Sep 6, 2014

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Berious posted:

There's a VR room now so be sure to try poo poo out before you start throwing SC at it. The Reaper or Tross are definitely good picks though. Personally I'm more of a Tross fan.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Epic High Five posted:

I'm still super depressed that Son of the Beast got torn down. Best coaster ever :(

The most depressing thing about KI is that Paramount sold it. The Top Gun ride without Kenny Loggins playing the whole time is making me sad just thinking about it, ugh.

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."

Epic High Five posted:

I'm pretty good and Medic is my favorite class by a huge margin, and NC Medic reigns supreme amongst all factions. You've made a good choice.

I strongly recommend getting the Reaper or Tross. STRONGLY. If your accuracy ain't too hot get the Tross, but if you're pretty okay or better get the Reaper. Both guns are great for everybody but that's sort of the dividing line - Tross is a bit less accurate (I have trouble noticing with 5k combined kills between the two) but has ridiculous damage per mag, and the Reaper is a loving laser with more dps but less dpm.

Nothing is horrible about Shatter camo :colbert: also make sure to get yourself a Sundy horn!

And boosts! Now that I think about it that's about as close to P2W as PS2 gets, boosts are great

v v v yeah this is actually what I'm hearing from a majority of people who try both from scratch. To be honest, I probably love the Reaper because I'm used to it but LMG DPM on an AR like with the Tross is something that ALWAYS useful. You won't really notice the lower dps in my experience, and the Tross even has a totally unique 200x2 burst mode with a low (1.33x) FSRM! v v v

The Tross is also one of the best sounding guns in the game. Sound and aesthetic count for a lot.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Sep 6
Daily sale: Abstract Camo (VS) / Unavailable (TR, NC) :soe:
Members sale: Sunderer G40-F Ranger (rear)

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

kidRiot posted:

The Tross is also one of the best sounding guns in the game. Sound and aesthetic count for a lot.

Eh, it's not a Vandal.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Klowns posted:

I am saddened by the changes to the Valkyrie, I should be able to turn that thing into burning scrap in one clip of Skyguard. I put a Liberator down before I managed to down a Valkyrie with my Striker, guessing there were Engineers repairing it from the passenger seats. I thought the idea behind it was to quickly deploy half a squad and then get out or be disposable, thing really shouldn't have enough armor to survive any kind of fight. There's less certs in shooting at Liberators since they carry fewer people but at least the people can't bail out, everybody seems to run Squad Logistics System on the Utility slot and just bail out when they are smoking and I get a lock on, which again supports the disposable aspect of the thing.
From my experience tonight, it still lights on fire from two fully charged lancer shots.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
You can't blow up a valk from a phoenix and a few jackhammer rounds anymore. They used to be ESFs with added cert value. :(

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
So, is the game still wiping directive progress on a regular basis? I haven't logged in since the Indar crash (which I hope I didn't get caught in, I logged early that night) and I'm scared that at any moment all the mind numbing grinding with infiltrator scout rifles would be for naught.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Westy543 posted:

I'm kind of blown away how well-received that comment was. Two months of gold!

Unrelated:
[YELL] [Malorn]: K/D needs to be prefixed in front of chat names so I know who to ignore

Reddit really loving hates/doesn't understand the concept of safe spaces.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Manslaughter posted:

SOE lives dangerously

Don't forget they also don't use version control

They totally use version control. I remember hearing that they work on (and TEST) features in separate branches, then merge everything together and put it on PTS. With this last big patch, they chose... poorly.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Is EOD implant the most useful pick on a MAX? They don't have flinch for battle hardened to be of use, right?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Trogdos! posted:

Is EOD implant the most useful pick on a MAX? They don't have flinch for battle hardened to be of use, right?

I like to use awareness on my AI loadouts since you'll come under a lot of fire so you get lots of free spots and enhanced targeting on AA and AV loadouts so I can best cherry pick targets.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Enhanced targeting shows armor "health"? :monocle:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Trogdos! posted:

Yes since technically everything that is not shields is health, but with different resistances. Pretty fun to use as light assault to know whether or not you can lay into a max and expect to kill it rather than just annoy it.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Are concs broken for anyone else? I get hit and my screen blurs / controls invert if I get hit by two, but I'm not moving at 1/10th my speed.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Trogdos! posted:

E.Targetting is the best implant outside of VERY specific instances. I would only ever take Awareness instead, and then only for driving a battlebus (I don't care about enemy health, the gunners do) or maybe flying a Reaver in an airball. Maybe. I do use Battle Hardened on my heavy since if I start shooting at something, I had better drat well win.

There was one time I was having a hard time battlebussing an enemy base because they were making GBS threads out mines like my gunners were making GBS threads fury grenades, and EOD saved me twice there.

The Connery meta has very, very few people using conc/flashbangs so Clear Vision does me no good, but I hear those are more prevalent on other servers.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Westy543 posted:

Are concs broken for anyone else? I get hit and my screen blurs / controls invert if I get hit by two, but I'm not moving at 1/10th my speed.
I've been conc'ed a few times last week, each time by a single grenade, and the only thing it did to me was blurry my vision: the mouse was still responsive and movement was normal.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Evilreaver posted:

E.Targetting is the best implant outside of VERY specific instances. I would only ever take Awareness instead, and then only for driving a battlebus (I don't care about enemy health, the gunners do) or maybe flying a Reaver in an airball. Maybe. I do use Battle Hardened on my heavy since if I start shooting at something, I had better drat well win.

Battle hardened is just as good as E. Targeting as a general implant. E. Targeting is awesome when ESFing because you know when you can finish something off with 1 clip of whatever you are using. MBT down around 1/3 health? You know you can hornet that fucker and get out before anyone can save him.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.
Emerald vs. Connery server smash just started: http://www.twitch.tv/inicast

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Emerald is murdering Connery nearly 2 to 1 right now.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Connery: Literally worse than AOD and PHX?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Groggy nard posted:

Emerald is murdering Connery nearly 2 to 1 right now.

We're leading in points, kills AND TKs :commissar:

Also I find it funny how we are VS for like every server smash.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

Also I find it funny how we are VS for like every server smash.

Proof that VS is overpowered.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

I cringe every time they're referring to them as "Connery TR." :cry: Connery has too many people in the air!

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth
It's like loving new year's eve fireworks.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Connery has waaaaay too many shitters in the sky 24/7. If they were on the ground and only airballing when they needed they'd be doing so much more.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Gonkish posted:

Connery: Literally worse than AOD and PHX?

Connery is full of the most idiotic players ever, I love it. If you ever want a server to relax and play stalker cloak predator on, Connery's it. Just endless fields of people standing around, waiting for me to unload my machine pistol into.

Edit: I mean, Christ:

The AMP pisses away ammo so quick, but gently caress it you can just keep going and knife people with an empty gun and it's fine.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 6, 2014

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Rest in peace, Connery. :killdozer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
#ConneryWasntReady

• Locked thread