Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Picnic Princess posted:

Men never struggle through life. Emotionless robots.

Or maybe they never break. Adamantium robots.

We know a woman's strength after she's broken: 120Del. That's like 14 bones breaking simultaneously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Picnic Princess posted:

So women are only strong if they break?

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Picnic Princess posted:

Okay, we determined that the marine had a good reason for being ill-dressed for a gunfight.

Why is this woman walking across a desert in a ballgown, with a rain storm about to start?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

glowing-fish posted:

Okay, we determined that the marine had a good reason for being ill-dressed for a gunfight.

Why is this woman walking across a desert in a ballgown, with a rain storm about to start?

Because she's not real :ssh:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Captain Lavender posted:

We know a woman's strength after she's broken: 120Del. That's like 14 bones breaking simultaneously.

but wen she is having baby it is 167.3del can u imagin da luv?
cry everytim

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Stoatbringer posted:

cry everytim

I don't understand what any of those words mean. Maybe I've finally hit middle age.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Stoatbringer posted:

cry everytim

Where are all the tildes and emoticons? Dat sum fukkd up shyt. LIKE IF YOU AGREE

Blackfish
Sep 12, 2007

we have to be prepared to smoke a thousand joints before our quest is complete

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

You might be a liberal if you might be a liberal if you might be a liberal if you

Kingdom of Sin
Feb 27, 2005

O frabjous day

Checkmate :smug:

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

:spergin: But it's possible to touch your own brain, you just need a traumatic head injury to get past all that pesky skull in the way.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

It...it hurts my head.

Masonic Youth posted:

You might be a liberal if you might be a liberal if you might be a liberal if you

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I like how 1 is actually a reasonable beef and then it just immediately goes off the deep end.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

:cripes:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
For real though nobody cares to see the poo poo other people ate for dinner.

BobFossil
Jun 17, 2005

Note to self: I hate whites.

Chomp8645 posted:

For real though nobody cares to see the poo poo other people ate for dinner.

I kinda do V:)V

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

"Bout time"

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

:drat:

(Brian Souter is a Scottish businessman who spent £1million fifteen years ago to try and keep a law banning any discussion of homosexuality in schools.)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The wisdom never stops.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://storify.com/strictmachine/gameovergate

Apparently, "gamergate" was manufactured by 4chan in an attempt to make ""SJWs"" look bad.

I don't think it worked very well.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Tetracube posted:

https://storify.com/strictmachine/gameovergate

Apparently, "gamergate" was manufactured by 4chan in an attempt to make ""SJWs"" look bad.

I don't think it worked very well.

Not really. #gamergate started from something different than IRC trolls, and even then it's something a lot more than that now. #gamergate's community condemns personal attacks and death threats of any kind, which ironically have come from almost entirely the SJW side. http://gamergateharrassment.tumblr.com/

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Segmentation Fault posted:

Not really. #gamergate started from something different than IRC trolls, and even then it's something a lot more than that now. #gamergate's community condemns personal attacks and death threats of any kind, which ironically have come from almost entirely the SJW side. http://gamergateharrassment.tumblr.com/

It doesn't have a "community". It's a bunch of people from various groups arguing and fighting over the stupidest goddamn thing that ever had "-gate" applied to it, which is a tall order.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It doesn't have a "community". It's a bunch of people arguing and fighting over the stupidest goddamn thing that ever had "-gate" applied to it, which is a tall order.

Dismissing complaints about yellow journalism as ~*~its just video games~*~ allows this bullshit to happen in the first place. Communities can start wherever.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

It's a bunch of people from various groups arguing and fighting over the stupidest goddamn thing that ever had "-gate" applied to it, which is a tall order.

I feel confident that Fox News must have applied -gate to something even stupider at some point.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Whenever I hear about 4chan and tumblr fighting over something, I have to remember that the average user is like, 16. It's basically children yelling at each other over the internet, and for some reason people take them seriously.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Dismissing complaints about yellow journalism as ~*~its just video games~*~ allows this bullshit to happen in the first place. Communities can start wherever.

You're talking about a controversy that started with a woman having unverifiable claims made against her spiraling into a void of bullshit which was somehow spun into a fight against sensationalism. It's the stupidest thing in the loving world.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

You're talking about a controversy that started with a woman having unverifiable claims made against her spiraling into a void of bullshit which was somehow spun into a fight against sensationalism. It's the stupidest thing in the loving world.

Perhaps you should read about what the issue is.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Chomp8645 posted:

I feel confident that Fox News must have applied -gate to something even stupider at some point.

WHERES THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE OBUMMER?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I'm actually well aware of the supposed issues, I just either disagree or don't care about any of them because it all involves a form of journalism which boils down to "here is game, here is how I feel about game".

gently caress, let's start some poo poo with the food critics next. Gordon Ramsay is a whoremonger oval office did you know he hosed every person who gave him a review? I read about it online. I heard that people actually scheduled in advance to eat as his restaurants, then told people that they were excited about it! What a bunch of frauds, they should be in jail. Block Yelp from your browser.

Arsonist Daria has a new favorite as of 21:06 on Sep 6, 2014

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Having read about the issue, it seems like a bunch of meaningless naval-gazing nonsense on all sides.

Prof. Moriarty
Dec 6, 2003
Not the regular Professor Moriarty, the hologram Professor Moriarty where the holodeck malfunctioned and he created the whole fake hologram enterprise and fooled the Captain. Oh, and he tried to escape with his girlfriend once, but he was foiled.
My friend, who works a minimum wage job at a chain of hotels, just posted this. I don't know how to gently break it to her that she's not middle class by a long shot and that she should be empathizing and identifying with the situation on the left rather than trying to distance herself from the people she presumably believes to be "the undeserving poor."

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

The thing that always gets me is the people who post things like that have clearly never been on food stamps, or known anyone who was. You don't get a million dollars with which to buy endless mountains of crap. And if you do buy one singular mountain, better hope it lasts you until the next deposit on your card because that's all you'll be getting for the month.

Jummy
Jun 14, 2007

Oh, my love, my darling.

That tumblr really sealed it, now I'm on the side of gamers who care deeply about a woman having sex.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

I'm pretty sure this image would be accurate if you swapped the two labels.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

AngryRobotsInc posted:

The thing that always gets me is the people who post things like that have clearly never been on food stamps, or known anyone who was. You don't get a million dollars with which to buy endless mountains of crap. And if you do buy one singular mountain, better hope it lasts you until the next deposit on your card because that's all you'll be getting for the month.

A good way to gently caress with people who think like that is to assert that they should get food stamps but can't because there it is an all or nothing system and should be scaled up. Their brain breaks arguing that they don't need what they just expressed they want.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

It would not be an exaggeration to say I have seen literally a hundred times more attacks and death threats directed towards their perceived "SJW leaders".

"SJW" might've theoretically meant "13 year old tumblr user who identifies as a made up gender" at some point but now it's the new "feminazi". If you're ranting about "SJWs" there is a 100% chance you are wrong.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tetracube posted:

It would not be an exaggeration to say I have seen literally a hundred times more attacks and death threats directed towards their perceived "SJW leaders".

"SJW" might've theoretically meant "13 year old tumblr user who identifies as a made up gender" at some point but now it's the new "feminazi". If you're ranting about "SJWs" there is a 100% chance you are wrong.

SJW is the political correctness for the internet. Sure there are probably people who go to far but they are more of an excuse than an actual problem.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

The New York Times's ethical journalism code says that journalists only need to inform their editors and never the public if they were romantically linked to someone they're writing about. I'm sorry you hold Kotaku to a higher standard than the New York Times and most other news outlets.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

I read what the issue is earlier today and I was seriously startled that all this poo poo is over a lady who may or may not have cheated on her boyfriend, including with a guy from Kotaku. Because angry ex's are the very best source in the world. The whole thing was extremely depressing because of the vitriol spewed out by a bunch of loving manchildren over a woman having sex.

It is no exaggeration to say that if it were a guy indie dev who had sex with a few women - hell, a whole bunch of women! - even if he were in a relationship, the same people would be calling him a total bro and asking for sick PUA tricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!

moerketid posted:

I read what the issue is earlier today and I was seriously startled that all this poo poo is over a lady who may or may not have cheated on her boyfriend, including with a guy from Kotaku. Because angry ex's are the very best source in the world. The whole thing was extremely depressing because of the vitriol spewed out by a bunch of loving manchildren over a woman having sex.

It is no exaggeration to say that if it were a guy indie dev who had sex with a few women - hell, a whole bunch of women! - even if he were in a relationship, the same people would be calling him a total bro and asking for sick PUA tricks.

The example I bring up all the time is Geoff Keighley. People just laugh at him and go "oh games journalism" instead of sending him rape / death threats and trying to ruin his career. One woman dev has sex and woah stop the presses ~games journalism~ is corrupt!!

• Locked thread