Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Hencoe posted:

What do these look like?
Incredibly silly:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

SRM posted:

Incredibly silly:

oh christ those are ridiculous. I was hoping for something to do as ursarax or some other unit but I dont think that would turn out so well. So in related content.

did up my thallax, hopefully I can get paint on my tanks for a small game against a nice looking night lords legion this weekend.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

SRM posted:

Incredibly silly:

I like that the Castellax gun mounts call back to the ones on these guys.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Imperial Robots make great Centurions or Oblitorators. The entire AdMech model range is perfect for proxies.

SRM posted:

It's almost like they came out almost a decade after the plastic Dreadnought kit and cost more money. I really love em though, I'll add one to my Iron Warriors someday.

I wish I liked that model more, IW ham bro. Instead all I like is the head, and not the orky body. I'll have to buy the model just for the head and then shove it onto another better looking contemptor body :v:

Hollismason posted:

Honestly, people talk about Forgeworld prices but some of their stuff is relatively not expensive comparably to GW. Although that Axe and Stormshielf are pretty crazy awesome.

Hollismason posted:

But yeah, some of Forgeworld's stuff is actually really decently priced. People see the pounds sign but really it's not that much more.

This is crazy as poo poo to me. Years ago in 40k threads of yore we used to joke that one day FW would cost less than 40k. This is the world we live in now. Its disgusting.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

BULBASAUR posted:

This is crazy as poo poo to me. Years ago in 40k threads of yore we used to joke that one day FW would cost less than 40k. This is the world we live in now. Its disgusting.

I'm honestly surprised FW hasn't been 'encouraged' to raise their prices at the same rate, since they're technically under the auspices of GW. Between this and stuff like Fantasy having a lot cooler stuff done for it than 40k, the people at the Finecast replacement desk being willing to sponge you off when GW pisses on you, etc., it really seems like there are a lot of right hands that don't know what the left hands are doing.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
The FW Dreads don't come with arms, though, do they? They've been "cheaper" than the GW ones for a while now, but then you've gotta shell out to give them actual weapon loadouts.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

SRM posted:

Incredibly silly:

Shut up, they are awesome. Even better was the tile-based programming language you were supposed to use with them. When they were damaged you'd flip counters like "Target an enemy?" to a D6 randomizer :psylon:

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
Anyone have a decent idea of what to look for with the new SW codex for a Zone Mortalis list? I ordered the codex but I'm really unfamiliar with all these units.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

AbusePuppy posted:

The FW Dreads don't come with arms, though, do they? They've been "cheaper" than the GW ones for a while now, but then you've gotta shell out to give them actual weapon loadouts.

plus the GW kit comes with multiple arm options and bits...

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

HardCoil posted:

Shut up, they are awesome. Even better was the tile-based programming language you were supposed to use with them. When they were damaged you'd flip counters like "Target an enemy?" to a D6 randomizer :psylon:

Yeah, those rules were pretty wonky and great. I liked how more complex programs cost more points.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SRM posted:

I thought of using the old Imperial Robots as Centurions, since Eggnoughts and metal Dreadnoughts could cause confusion for people playing against my retro Ultramarines. I still think it's a pretty good counts-as though.

Been wanting to do that for a while but can never find non-absurd eBay prices :(

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Sulecrist posted:

Me too. I feel like it nails iron-lung-with-legs-and-armor in a way the MkIV and Contemptor stuff doesn't. The FW stuff is cool (and odds are very high I'll buy a FW dread eventually), it just doesn't feel creepy/macabre/sad to me in the way the old GW MkVs do.

Wow, I never made that connection before. That's really cool. I'd seen those RT models but I didn't realize they were dreadnoughts.

The contemptors actually aren't a callback to RT dreads. They're callback to 2nd edition epic dreads.

Example:

Which are suped-up eddies and chucks, but still...

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

thegodofchuck posted:

The contemptors actually aren't a callback to RT dreads. They're callback to 2nd edition epic dreads.

Example:

Which are suped-up eddies and chucks, but still...

I'd love to see a Chaos chicken leg dread at some point, along with some sort of Dark Mechanicus chaos androids.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Thundercloud posted:

I'd love to see a Chaos chicken leg dread at some point, along with some sort of Dark Mechanicus chaos androids.

Google Space Crusade. Or did you mean new versions?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Thundercloud posted:

Dark Mechanicum are on the way thanks to FW and the HH books!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
New 30k Mechanicum are quite nice.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Devlan Mud posted:

The contemptor is a pretty rad callback to the rogue trader egg-dreads though.

In the old Adeptus Titanicus game there were three patterns of "egg dread" named Furibundus, Deredeo and Contemptor. It's a rad call back, because it is a reimagined RT dread :)

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

serious gaylord posted:

Holy gently caress those are awesome.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The hell are they? Haven't seen them before, only recognise the Thallax behind them

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

NTRabbit posted:

The hell are they? Haven't seen them before, only recognise the Thallax behind them

New legio cybernetica by the look of it.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
They look anime as gently caress.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Those are some incredibly cool robots. Goodness gracious.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Here's some conversions I'm working on; trying to make it so my marine army can count as either 40k or 30k.

Stormtalon / Primaris-Lightning

Thunderfire / Rapier Thuddgun

Pretty happy with the cannon; made entirely using leftover bits from my box of bits, my bitsbox if you will.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
What are the wings on the stormtalon from?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Slimnoid posted:

What are the wings on the stormtalon from?

They're doors from sprue C of the Mantic Urban Battlezone

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I believe what we have there is an ornithopter

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I think the wings are a bit on the thin side but that could just be me.
Although I do love the use of Lego in that Thunderfire gun. :D

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I wonder what those AdMech actually are? It's clearly something that hasn't been in a book yet. Either way, I'm not sure how I feel about them.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I quite like them. They're always going on about how insectoid certain Mechnicum guys look but then all the models are just biped robots or 2 legged Adepts. Love the heads.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

They're doors from sprue C of the Mantic Urban Battlezone

Good eye!

Cooked Auto posted:

I think the wings are a bit on the thin side but that could just be me.
Although I do love the use of Lego in that Thunderfire gun. :D

:D

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

I wonder what those AdMech actually are? It's clearly something that hasn't been in a book yet. Either way, I'm not sure how I feel about them.

Is it? There's a few things in the third book I don't recall seeing models for yet.

Reading through now I think they might be Vorax Battle-Automata, hunter-killer units dating from the dark age of technology armed with a lightning gun that can be exchanged for an Irad-cleanser (model at the back), two rotor cannons and power blades. Units of 1-5, Monstrous Creatures.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Compare this

to the guy on the bottom left

Very likely, imperial robots are making a comeback.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So speaking of throwback stuff, I really dislike the old style Land Raiders, but leave it to Forgeworld to make me want to shell out some cash for their redesigned one. It just has more of the WWI style than the newer one, especially the sponsons without looking as goofy as the original. Same with the redesigned Predators.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Slimnoid posted:

Nah, I agree with the Vorax assessment. Looks on the money for some AdMech hunter-killer monstrous creatures with power blades, rotary cannons, and two choices for one other weapon mount.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

serious gaylord posted:

Holy poo poo those look great.

So can we just all agree Ad Mech is the best looking army ever? Like that's just a complete agreement right?

Pictures of that thing on left would be great, what is that you only see a portion of it.

Found it TON of pictures including Imperial Knight variant weapons

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.uk/

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 6, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

BULBASAUR posted:

I wish I liked that model more, IW ham bro. Instead all I like is the head, and not the orky body. I'll have to buy the model just for the head and then shove it onto another better looking contemptor body :v:
I don't love it, but I do like it. It pales in comparison to the Night Lords one though.

Slimnoid posted:

Compare this

to the guy on the bottom left

Yeah, they're remakes of robot 3 and I love that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Holy poo poo, that blog

Has pictures of the Auxillary! They are crazy bad rear end. They have little mini tanks!

That's amazing.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hollismason posted:

Holy poo poo those look great.

So can we just all agree Ad Mech is the best looking army ever? Like that's just a complete agreement right?

Pictures of that thing on left would be great, what is that you only see a portion of it.

Found it TON of pictures including Imperial Knight variant weapons

Yeah that's the named Archmagos Draykavac they teased with the two new knights earlier in the week

I was right, Vorax :smuggo:

Feeling vindicated in my choice of Mechanicum as a 30k army thus far (and my lone purchase of a basic Castellax robit). Still interested in seeing how Alpha Legion and the Dark Angels go, but not expecting Dark Mechanicum to appeal to me

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 6, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
There's a picture of him painted in the blog post, pretty bad rear end imposing figure. I can't get over how great those Auxillary look, hoping they make more of those guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Holy poo poo, that blog

Has pictures of the Auxillary! They are crazy bad rear end. They have little mini tanks!

That's amazing.

Welp, guess I'm buying one of those later then. Although I'd love a bunch of more and bigger pictures of them.

• Locked thread