Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kyte posted:

It's not the forum posters that you have to worry about, those are already hooked.

Also you sound kind of angry.

Unwavering contempt is my default reaction to the warframe player base. I have yet to see anything to make me rethink this position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Am I the only one who's thrown by them pronouncing arch like arc?

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Coldbird posted:

The default minigun shown in the Archwing mode (Imperator?) actually seems to be objectively terrible; it's basically a space Supra, with all the downsides++. Without parallax or environment to judge the ultra-slow projectiles against, the player was clearly having a very difficult time hitting moving targets

I'd reserve judgement until players can get ahold of it themselves. The dev had absolutely no concept of leading the target.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

hooah posted:

Am I the only one who's thrown by them pronouncing arch like arc?

Me too. I had to check the spelling to make sure I didn't read it wrong and thought it were ARCWING. Nope, ARCHWING. Maybe it's a Canadian thing.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

wid posted:

Me too. I had to check the spelling to make sure I didn't read it wrong and thought it were ARCWING. Nope, ARCHWING. Maybe it's a Canadian thing.

Nope.
Maybe a Québécois thing?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Vauban Systems coming up in a few minutes, for anyone interested.

(drat, if I had gotten the Chassis earlier today, I would have had the full set!)

Veritonsils
Sep 14, 2007

For. Eh. Ver.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Nope.
Maybe a Québécois thing?

Probably a 'Archangel' thing. As in those high ranking angel people in the hit television show, Supernatural.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Architect, patriarch, monarch. That's the "arch" that they're using. Not the arch that means a curved structure, but the arch that means prime/chief. It's pronounced like "arc".

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Man, this game really runs the gamut on crafting bullshit, huh? There's the thing that's really rare that you need for everything, there's the thing that's rare but consistently found that you need hundreds of, AND there's the thing that's pretty rare but only lasts 24 hours. I've been getting Orokin Cells pretty much when I most need them, but I did half a dozen towers tonight and never found that one stupid piece of Argon I need. Now the other one will decay tomorrow and I'll have to dig up two at once.Whose dumbass idea was that, anyway?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Probably the same dumbass who said letting us trade resources and non prime poo poo would ruin the game :qq:

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Zombie Samurai posted:

Man, this game really runs the gamut on crafting bullshit, huh? There's the thing that's really rare that you need for everything, there's the thing that's rare but consistently found that you need hundreds of, AND there's the thing that's pretty rare but only lasts 24 hours. I've been getting Orokin Cells pretty much when I most need them, but I did half a dozen towers tonight and never found that one stupid piece of Argon I need. Now the other one will decay tomorrow and I'll have to dig up two at once.Whose dumbass idea was that, anyway?

Alright I've been holding back the argon crystal spergin'. No longer.

I'm not even gonna touch the hilarious bullshit that is the mechanic. I am, however, going to address the incredibly stupid loving concept of an argon crystal.

Argon freezes at about -190 degrees Celsius. Want it to be a crystal? You're looking at -270, if these homework help questions can be believed.

Then we have the issue of the radioactive argon, which, while possible, is less than a percent of total argon. "Cool, it's rare ingame too!", one might be tempeted to think.

Its half-life is in the billions of years gently caress off warframe this is the dumbest mechanic youve introduced by far gently caress off gently caress off fuckoff :unsmigghh:

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Sighence posted:

Alright I've been holding back the argon crystal spergin'. No longer.

I'm not even gonna touch the hilarious bullshit that is the mechanic. I am, however, going to address the incredibly stupid loving concept of an argon crystal.

Argon freezes at about -190 degrees Celsius. Want it to be a crystal? You're looking at -270, if these homework help questions can be believed.

Then we have the issue of the radioactive argon, which, while possible, is less than a percent of total argon. "Cool, it's rare ingame too!", one might be tempeted to think.

Its half-life is in the billions of years gently caress off warframe this is the dumbest mechanic youve introduced by far gently caress off gently caress off fuckoff :unsmigghh:

Maybe the reason it decays is because it is in some sort of packaging that keeps it that cold, but only for so long?

e: I know nothing about argon other than what you just said

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
"Void based radioactive resource that decays every day it is out of the void."
Void can do all sorts of bullshit already, crystallizing argon isn't really out there.

Zombie Samurai posted:

If there's infested invasions you can kill Phorid and get argon almost every run. Way more reliable than void.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Man the Kronen are pretty cool but I have to wonder if the stance stuff and combos are even really worthwhile.

Like it's fancy to do some sort of leaping spinning attack thing but if I'm not killing an enemy in one hit then surely I'm just going to want to stab said enemy as rapidly as possible right?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

a cat on an apple posted:

Man the Kronen are pretty cool but I have to wonder if the stance stuff and combos are even really worthwhile.

Like it's fancy to do some sort of leaping spinning attack thing but if I'm not killing an enemy in one hit then surely I'm just going to want to stab said enemy as rapidly as possible right?

Some of the stances have really high-damage moves, and a lot of them are as easy to trigger as holding the back button while you melee attack, or holding block while you spam attack. They can be good for crowds, too - many stances include moves that have reach.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Kyte posted:

"Void based radioactive resource that decays every day it is out of the void."
Void can do all sorts of bullshit already, crystallizing argon isn't really out there.
I like the pun-based explanation someone thought of in clan chat: Once the crystals are removed from the void, they are gone.

Incidentally this is also the explanation that has people ready to walk up to Canada to stab Steve.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Well, getting the Catalyst blueprint with a 10 year old laptop was fun. Had to set everything as low as possible, run the game on an 800x600 window, minimize it and hope the other players would complete the mission. Otherwise it would crash 2 minutes in.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Playing this with Tron Legacy banging in the background just put me into the groove so much. I just wish there was more music sounding like this tron universe from outer space void.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Denzine posted:

Never use Steam

I don't even care how many pages old this is, but I agree.

Seems like the glaxion is similar to the amprex with how forma hungry it is.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

FunkyFlashman posted:

Playing this with Tron Legacy banging in the background just put me into the groove so much. I just wish there was more music sounding like this tron universe from outer space void.
The Metroid Prime series has always had a pretty chill space soundtrack that has never needed to sound like it's a reject from Kraftwerk's B-sides. And that precedent was honestly set with Super Metroid, which still sounds pretty reasonable after 20 years. Might not be quite what you're thinking but I never thought minimalist electronic music ever quite got me into much of an outer space mood. Some Autechre could fit the bill if you want that I guess though.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
For those of you with a similar hatred of jaggies, I found the compatibility bits for antialiasing. Only works in DX9, but apart from the tessellation, I didn't notice a difference except no jaggies with just 4xSGSSAA. 16x OGSGSSAA looks nuts

http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=490867

0x004000C1

timg does these images no justice:
http://abload.de/img/warframe8xsgssaa0x004j5u19.png
http://abload.de/img/warframe16xogsgssaa0x9juip.png

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
It's been so long since I had to know anything about anti-aliasing other than 'either smaa or nothing' that I had to google those acronyms. Personally, it's the increased texture quality/detail visibility that makes supersampling worth using for me, the jaggies are pretty trivial.

Also, I noticed that you're getting about 38 fps just standing in a loving hallway with your heaviest AA on.

I'm happy with the new native SMAA option they added. If anyone is still using the utterly awful FXAA, I encourage you to try the SMAA setting, it's better by miles.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Kyte posted:

If there's infested invasions you can kill Phorid and get argon almost every run. Way more reliable than void.

God I had like half a dozen Argon a few days ago from farming Nyx blueprints, and it all decayed like the day before I realized I needed an Akzani in my life.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Zombie Samurai posted:

God I had like half a dozen Argon a few days ago from farming Nyx blueprints, and it all decayed like the day before I realized I needed an Akzani in my life.

The other day I got a couple argon to build the last few things I needed and ended up with 4 extra. Then the multiplication glitch hit me, and I had 16 crystals and nothing to do with them but watch them decay.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Kyte posted:

A thousand times this. Run infested invasions if you need argon. The drop rate even outside of Phorid is way better than doing void missions.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Personally I prefer decay to cost inflation.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
I think it would have been nice if Argon Crystals decaying were actually mentioned somewhere reasonable rather than obfuscated, but that might be expecting a bit too much.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The game is terrible at telling you stuff, XP sharing range for example, nobody know about it.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Sandweed posted:

The game is terrible at telling you stuff, XP sharing range for example, nobody know about it.

Which is unfourtunate because Survival missions should be easy XP, instead they are slower XP gain than extermination.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Which is unfourtunate because Survival missions should be easy XP, instead they are slower XP gain than extermination.

Only if you're a terrible pubbie who runs off by yourself and doesn't stay near the oldest canister/nekros/room with most open doors. :colbert:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

DelphiAegis posted:

Only if you're a terrible pubbie who runs off by yourself and doesn't stay near the oldest canister/nekros/room with most open doors. :colbert:

Or if everyone else in your squad is.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Can the experience radius info and the enemy spawn mechanics info be put in the op?

I've been seeing more people playing hallway hero in defense and mobdef missions lately.

Enemies can't spawn where you can see them, so the further away from the pod/console/whatever you go, the further away they have to spawn so you get less enemies over a longer period of time.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Male Man posted:

Exactly

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Male Man posted:

Or even if you're doing survival with goons and they get bored. Which apparently happens immediately.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
I just opened a vault with a Hobbled key and was warped back to the spawn-point, retaining my Hobbled effect.

I can't even tell if this was a bug or intentional because of this game. It's hilarious, but also kind of sad.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Dez Orwell posted:

Can the experience radius info and the enemy spawn mechanics info be put in the op?

Look at the bottom of the second post.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I'm amazed at how easy it is in this game to overcharge and underpay for poo poo with simple "better offer in another window, can you beat it?" tactics. I've been hitting around 200% value on my trades using this "oldest trick in the book" tactic.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I'm actually fine with the exp radius. If it weren't there and you get exp regardless of where you are in the map, most PUG games would be some guy wondering why he hasn't seen a single teammate when his roster is full because they're somewhere hiding and AFK. People already do this for invasion missions and some alert missions.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Two questions:

A) Lets say I'm building a Soma. So far the mod layout I've got in mind is Serration/Split Chamber/Infected Clip/Stormbringer/Point Strike/Vital Sense/Shred. For that last slot, would you recommend Hammer Shot or Critical Delay? Or a more dramatic overhaul altogether?

B) Nikana stances. Would anyone have any impressions on which is better between Tranquil Cleave and Decisive Judgement? They're both rare and expensive enough in plat that I don't want to buy the wrong one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Hammer Shot is better than Critical Delay, but last time I checked, even it is very slightly worse than slotting another elemental damage mod.

Not by a lot, though. You can slot Hammer Shot and forget about it, or mix it up depending on which faction you're fighting, it's personal preference.