Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wild Knight posted:

So olimar is more iconic than Rosalina

You don't need to put down poor Olimar in order to call that guy an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Help Im Alive posted:

What's wrong with Rosalina

If you were above the age of 6 when a character was introduced they're new and stupid.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Rosalina is for the win and anyone who disagrees get the gently caress out of this thread

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

Austrian mook posted:

Rosalina is for the win and anyone who disagrees get the gently caress out of this thread

Rosalina? More like Rosaloser :smuggo:

i actually like rosalina

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gamwhiz1 posted:

Who's the dude with the green hat and ugly mustache is what I wanna know

Dude, that's Link.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
I can't wait to play as my favorite iconic Nintendo character, a dog and some ducks.

Millions posted:

I can't wait to play as my favorite iconic Nintendo character, a dog and some ducks.

This but unironically.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Waffleman_ posted:

Dude, that's Link.

Don't you mean Zelda?

If anything, Fox being missing is a bit sad.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gamwhiz1 posted:

It appears to be Lugi

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

God, Rosalina and that stupid new Pokemon? What a game for losers! Why can't they add any old-school iconic characters like Geno?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Gamwhiz1 posted:

Hey! That's Luigi! Show some respect.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Why is Megaman in that picture but Sonic and Pacman aren't?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Sonic is in the trash where he belongs.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Excels posted:

Hey! That's Luigi! Show some respect.

Ugh, look at that pale skin. He's been living under his brother's shadow for too long.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Rosalina and her drawn-out backstory was at least an attempt at putting something original in the plot of a non-RPG Mario game, and both deserve more credit than they get.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

F. Lobot posted:

Why is Megaman in that picture but Sonic and Pacman aren't?

Maybe Nintendo has different rules about using them for promos. Since Megaman isn't really an active character right now, and Sonic and Pac-Man both have games and stuff out, Capcom might be giving them extra freedom with him.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

jivjov posted:

I'm just going by Google Translate, but it seems to be saying that the built-in buttons on the New 3DS will function just like a Circle Pad Pro, and that Smash 4 would therefor not support them.

No, the games that are already out that support the CPP will work with the N3DS without it, and Smash will not support the CPP. They're two seperate notes. Entirely. The page is about support for the CPP, so if it has a note that "Smash isn't supported", it wouldn't be talking about anything else.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

What's wrong with Rosalina

For some bizarre reason, people often compare Rosalina to other females who become recurring characters in a series (most commonly, I see comparisons to Marie from P4 and Lightning from FF13).

It's almost like a fear reaction, where a female character is promoted to "cast regular", and thousands of neckbeards flock to the internet and call it "forced fun" or whatever. Literally the only thing the three have in common is that they are female and have gotten more focus and development since their introduction.

I really have no clue why the nerds are so resistant to accept Rosie as a permanent member of the main Mario cast, but they are.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Excels posted:

I really have no clue why the neckbeards are so resistant to accept her as a permanent member of the main Mario cast, but they are.

Maybe they can't tolerate the idea of Rosalina being the "God" of the Mario universe.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Excels posted:

For some bizarre reason, people often compare Rosalina to other females who become recurring characters in a series (most commonly, I see comparisons to Marie from P4 and Lightning from FF13).

The only difference being Marie and Lightning at least have character aspects that one could reasonably despise while Rosalina doesn't really have any of that. She doesn't really do anything aside from her backstory and remaking the universe at the end of SMG1 (spoilers).

I guess they hate her because they think they're just shoehorning her into everything lately? Or because she's yet another Mario character? Or because she's, god forbid, a girl? Who gives a poo poo? She's at least an interesting character (despite not doing much), unlike Bow....ser....Jun....ior...

....Wait.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Rosalina's taking up valuable character slots that could have gone to Pink Gold Dry Baby Toad.

Color Printer posted:

She's at least an interesting character (despite not doing much), unlike Bow....ser....Jun....ior...

....Wait.

I was baffled at the inclusion of Bowser Jr. until I realized he's just (literally) a vehicle for the Koopa Kids to get their screen time.

Ludwig von Koopa
orchestrates a symphony of death!

vvv I agree, I want a Wasalina alt outfit.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 6, 2014

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Suspicious Cook posted:

Rosalina's taking up valuable character slots that could have gone to Pink Gold Dry Baby Toad.

Needs a "Wa-"

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
The most common serious reason I see cited by people who dislike Rosalina is that she's getting the attention over characters like Daisy and Waluigi, which uh.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Wild Knight posted:

The most common serious reason I see cited by people who dislike Rosalina is that she's getting the attention over characters like Daisy and Waluigi, which uh.

I could buy Waluigi but anything beyond that is stretching it real bad.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I don't understand caring about the Mario characters period. They have about as much personality as the BK Kids Club.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

and don't even get them started on dark pit, jesus gently caress

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

What really gets me are the morons saying that Lucario is Game Freak's Lightning. :v:

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I don't understand caring about the Mario characters period. They have about as much personality as the BK Kids Club.
WHEELS
ROLLS INTO BATTLE!

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
Yeah Rosalina is super interesting :jerkbag:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Dexie posted:

What really gets me are the morons saying that Lucario is Game Freak's Lightning. :v:

So what exactly does "<thing>'s Lightning" mean? I haven't been paying attention to Final Fantasy since ever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Truly she is a far less interesting character than many other characters who missed out on a spot. If only we had original interesting characters like "the guy who does a crotch chop" or "angry space dragon" instead.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

So what exactly does "<thing>'s Lightning" mean? I haven't been paying attention to Final Fantasy since ever.

Final Fantasy XIII's Lightning was the most popular part of that game (which was otherwise fairly unliked) and so Square-Enix gave her a fairly big marketing push. Angry fans have been pushing the idea that nobody actually liked Lightning and Square-Enix was just trying to push the character because (reasons) despite that being fairly demonstrably untrue.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

For a mario character, yeah she is.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

About as interesting as any other mario character.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Color Printer posted:

I guess they hate her because they think they're just shoehorning her into everything lately?

This is the part that really kills me.

- Character is introduced to series
- Character does not go away
- "ANOTHER FORCED WAIFU CHARACTER, [COMPANY] IS DEAD"

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
If anyone's suggesting that Wario is not an interesting character, they can :frogout: right now.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Excels posted:

I really have no clue why the nerds are so resistant to accept Rosie as a permanent member of the main Mario cast, but they are.

I really dislike Rosalina's inclusion in Smash and Mario 3D World, but only because poor Daisy got passed up for both. :(

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

ImpAtom posted:

Truly she is a far less interesting character than many other characters who missed out on a spot. If only we had original interesting characters like "the guy who does a crotch chop" or "angry space dragon" instead.

Final Fantasy XIII's Lightning was the most popular part of that game (which was otherwise fairly unliked) and so Square-Enix gave her a fairly big marketing push. Angry fans have been pushing the idea that nobody actually liked Lightning and Square-Enix was just trying to push the character because (reasons) despite that being fairly demonstrably untrue.

mr.capps posted:

For a mario character, yeah she is.

the wildest rear end posted:

About as interesting as any other mario character.

Excels posted:

This is the part that really kills me.

- Character is introduced to series
- Character does not go away
- "ANOTHER FORCED WAIFU CHARACTER, [COMPANY] IS DEAD"

Yessssss get mad

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Yessssss get mad

lol

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, fair enough. Galaxy was a good game and Rosalina is also good though, so I guess I see why this is a bad comparison.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yessssss get mad

Truly you are a puppetmaster and we all bow at your feet. You have certainly enraged us by looking like kind of an idiot.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Oh, fair enough. Galaxy was a good game and Rosalina is also good though, so I guess I see why this is a bad comparison.

It's just basically people going "(new thing)? I hate (new thing!)"

Whenever something new is added to a long-running franchise it's always a shoehorned-in thing that doesn't belong yada yada yada, no matter what.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

ImpAtom posted:

Triple H
Buries the competition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

ImpAtom posted:

Truly you are a puppetmaster and we all bow at your feet. You have certainly enraged us by looking like kind of an idiot.

It's just basically people going "(new thing)? I hate (new thing!)"

Whenever something new is added to a long-running franchise it's always a shoehorned-in thing that doesn't belong yada yada yada, no matter what.

Bwahahaha seriously? Yeah, she wasn't shoehorned in at all :cue completely optional character with completely optional backstory that has no effect whatsoever on the only game she had a meaningful role in:

You want to touch the Rosalinas, that's cool man

JesusLovesRonwell fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Sep 6, 2014

• Locked thread