Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

That face that is also cybernetic as hell and contains eye lasers and poo poo like that? :v:

only like half of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

only like half of it

The half they could recover after he blew up from shoving a grenade in his mouth

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He probably just ran out of batteries.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It's Russia, the correct answer is they just threw a hundred thousand men at him.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Patware posted:

The real question that raises: Who the gently caress managed to kill Stroheim?

Nanomachines, son.

wait wrong cyborg

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I could have sworn I heard about a light novel where he's killed by a Russian stand user that he thinks is a vampire but I can't recall where.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
There's only one real answer:

Mecha Stalin...because why else would he be named "Iron Joe"?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

maybe someone just put a magnet near his cpu

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It was the brutal Russian winter, it claims all.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
He was killed by Laputan Machine.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm nearing the end of part 6, and holy poo poo, Weather Report's backstory. :stare:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I feel kinda bad for Pucci. He didn't start out as a bad guy. :smith:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Every conflict in Part 6 was indirectly caused by the KKK.

Or that lady who swapped the babies.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

I legitimately forgot the KKK was in JJBA.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Butt Ghost posted:

Or that lady who swapped the babies.

Dio too.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I feel kinda bad for Pucci. He didn't start out as a bad guy. :smith:

I think Pucci may be one of my favourite Jojo villains, because I find his backstory pretty interesting. Mainly because of how after his sister dies he has a moment of clarity and thinks "poo poo, this is my fault", before remembering Dio's words about 'gravity' and instead deciding that it's all fate's fault and he did nothing wrong. So then he decides the way to solve this problem is to make it so that everyone just accepts their fate and sothus his sister would be fine with getting killed by the KKK since she would have known it was coming. And he somehow thinks he's the good guy.

Most Jojo villains are unapologetically evil, but Pucci sincerely thinks he's doing the right thing. Which I find interesting.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Valentine was fighting for the United States of America :911:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Kira fought to be left alone, Diavolo to be the shadow government, Pucci for his religious ideology and Valentine for Realpolitik. All of them manage to be interesting and unique in their motives and none are simple evil for the sake of being evil.

Dio fought for who the gently caress knows because it's changed at least a dozen times.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

Dio fought for who the gently caress knows because it's changed at least a dozen times.

Dio fought because he's Dio and Dio is an amazing rear end in a top hat

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Dio wanted to be rich because he was a greedy dick, and after becoming a vampire had an obsession with being perfect. DIO is a bit more nebulous.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Nahxela posted:

Valentine was fighting for the United States of America :911:

Excuse you, the United States of Valentine. Valentine fought to create a better life for his son, Funnier Valentine, and grandson, Funniest Valentine.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

DIO went insane while trapped at the bottom of the ocean for 100 years, and formulated a plan to attain Heaven involving CDs, babies, a fig tart, gravity, and killing Joestars. Somehow it worked.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Gruckles posted:

DIO went insane while trapped at the bottom of the ocean for 100 years, and formulated a plan to attain Heaven involving CDs, babies, a fig tart, gravity, and killing Joestars. Somehow it worked.

I maintain that DIO was just loving around with Pucci because, well, it's Pucci. Dude just looks like the guy who will fall for any line of poo poo you throw his way. The fact it WORKED would probably surprise DIO as much as anybody if he wasn't already a corpse. Double corpse. Double corpse that was triple dead.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

DIO's probably had a different idea of what heaven should be from pucci but we'll never know.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mr. Maltose posted:

Kira fought to be left alone, Diavolo to be the shadow government, Pucci for his religious ideology and Valentine for Realpolitik. All of them manage to be interesting and unique in their motives and none are simple evil for the sake of being evil.

I didn't mean to imply that the other villains were uninteresting or just evil for the sake for it. But the majority of their motivations are largely selfish, they want to achieve their goals solely for themselves. While, Pucci truly believes that his plan will make the world better because he's deluded and nuts. To be fair though, I did forget Valentine, which i'm kind of ashamed about. His conversation with Johnny near the end of SBR was really good.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

DIO's probably had a different idea of what heaven should be from pucci but we'll never know.

DIO really loves reading while half naked.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I like the way Over Heaven reconciles Dio's contradictory motivations and even explains the thinking behind his bizarre instructions to Pucci.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

amuayse posted:

DIO really loves reading while half naked.
I love how DIO and Pucci's idea of bro-ing out is to just lie together in the same bed while reading.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The way I see it, when DIO is talking about how great it would be if everyone knew their fate, what he really means is "It would be great if everyone knew how great I, DIO am. It would also be great if I, DIO, knew I was going to be fished out of the ocean after 100 years. I, DIO, was seriously getting worried I would be stuck down there forever and eventually stop thinking."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I rather like how DIO wanted to achieve Heaven while also employing the Stand representing the Devil.

golden bubble posted:

The way I see it, when DIO is talking about how great it would be if everyone knew their fate, what he really means is "It would be great if everyone knew how great I, DIO am. It would also be great if I, DIO, knew I was going to be fished out of the ocean after 100 years. I, DIO, was seriously getting worried I would be stuck down there forever and eventually stop thinking."

I actually saw a fan comic of DIO and Pucci that had that same tone to it.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I rather like how DIO wanted to achieve Heaven while also employing the Stand representing the Devil.

Uh, please don't confuse I, DIO for WE, DEVO. Thank you in advance.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Butt Ghost posted:

I love how DIO and Pucci's idea of bro-ing out is to just lie together in the same bed while reading.

The first panel of them together is Dio putting his leg over Pucci's, it is hilariously hard to interpret their relationship as purely platonic.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I want to believe that reading about art is DIO's post sex cigarette.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I finished part 6. So what exactly happened at the end there? I get that it was a rebirth of the universe, but why did it start again if Pucci wasn't there to gently caress up time? I kind of thought of it as Emporio achieving what Pucci couldn't and reaching true heaven, where his friends can live normal lives, but I'm sure that's over-analyzing it.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

I finished part 6. So what exactly happened at the end there? I get that it was a rebirth of the universe, but why did it start again if Pucci wasn't there to gently caress up time? I kind of thought of it as Emporio achieving what Pucci couldn't and reaching true heaven, where his friends can live normal lives, but I'm sure that's over-analyzing it.

I think the universe getting rebooted over and over is something it does naturally. Made in Heaven just accelerated the process.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Butt Ghost posted:

Pucci didn't complete the cycle. He stopped it short so that he could try to kill Emporio in the prison, and, well, that didn't go as planned.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Butt Ghost posted:

I thought it was that Pucci was going to recreate the world without the Joestars/Kujos where everybody already knew their fate and thus could live without worry about what would happen (his version of heaven), but since he died before the cycle was completed the universe rearranged itself into a version that everybody didn't already know the end to.

Thus creating the Steel Ball Run universe :can:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Kabanaw posted:

I thought it was that Pucci was going to recreate the world without the Joestars/Kujos where everybody already knew their fate and thus could live without worry about what would happen (his version of heaven), but since he died before the cycle was completed the universe rearranged itself into a version that everybody didn't already know the end to.

Thus creating the Steel Ball Run universe :can:
Since Gappy bears some resemblance to main universe Jotaro, does this mean Irene is taking her fiancee and their hitchhikers to see him?

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
It's never been said at any point in time that SBR's universe is related to the end of Part 6. I mean, Part 7 wasn't even "related" to jojo when it originally started being in print. There is literally no reason to assume that it's related to that ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Uznare posted:

It's never been said at any point in time that SBR's universe is related to the end of Part 6. I mean, Part 7 wasn't even "related" to jojo when it originally started being in print. There is literally no reason to assume that it's related to that ending.

Actually, there is, and it's because it would be cool as heck. :colbert:

• Locked thread