Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Small Frozen Thing posted:

I don't get the reference.

Tribute by Tenacious D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
The Jack Black joke band? Oh right, they had that whole movie with satan and everything. Okay, that makes sense now.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I don't get the reference.

Its a parody of the Tenacious D song Tribute.

E:fb.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

The Jack Black joke band? Oh right, they had that whole movie with satan and everything. Okay, that makes sense now.

Well, we are but men.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

This is not the greatest toon in the world.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Man, lit this early those candles are going to be burnt out, molten husks of their former selves on September 11th.

Pshaw, those flames aren't hot enough to melt wax.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

bunnyofdoom posted:

This is not the greatest toon in the world.

It's just a tribute.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's just a tribute.

Thank you

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm a bit late to the 2024 discussion on account of putting a certain somebody on my ignore list for posting too many Barry cartoons.

quote:

I faithfully attempted to follow the structure of Orwell’s classic with a new take on twisted take on dystopia. The threat to our freedom isn’t some totalitarian tyrant — it’s our own, lazy, easily-distracted selves, wallowing in technological gadgetry while the world falls apart around us.

I just wanted to say somebody already wrote the book Ted Rall was trying to make and it was called fahrenheit 451. It even had it's own much better looking graphic novel adaptation.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

quote:

Swine Flu.

Go gently caress yourself, Muir.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
So Chris Muir is saying that Mexican ISIS members are sneaking over the border into Texas, I guess? Wouldn't it be easier to recruit Americans?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

^^^^^
I think it's a pray on the whole "we found a soccer jerseyMuslim prayer rug in the desert!

Sir Rolo posted:

Man, even the pigs are tired of waifu's endless talking. It was trying to shut her up.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Remember Muir based this comic off of a report months ago that someone found a prayer rug by the border which turned out to be an Adidas shirt.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I like how Wade is suitably nonplussed. "Wow, so you're telling me the flag of the Islamic group says "Islam is correct"? No poo poo, that sure is something alright."

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Sir Rolo posted:

So the wash is now to the South?

Okay, this is now officially Retcon Ranch. Not only did it lose 100,000 acres of space, it also has a mobile wash. And dad's now back to being actively racist, though for some reason he hasn't started anything with waifu.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Somfin posted:

Okay, this is now officially Retcon Ranch. Not only did it lose 100,000 acres of space, it also has a mobile wash. And dad's now back to being actively racist, though for some reason he hasn't started anything with waifu.

Looking at her expression in the last panel, I'm not so sure on that.

Also get hosed, Muir.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Hopefully the pigs devour all of them... :getin:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
I can't loving believe all these ISIS flags!! Racial slur people throwing handfuls of ISIS flags at their weird religion parades. ISIS flags blowing out of school buses, Subway restaurants, and fire hydrants. A tumbleweed of ISIS flags accreting on my stoop. *pulls ISIS flag out of Lucky Charms box* sigh.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

ThirdPartyView posted:

Hopefully the pigs devour all of them... :getin:

Oh, nice symbol, idiots. WHoops!! I put my extra pig fat on this and then a pig ate it. Do you get it, yet, All Muslims?? I've got pigs and I know how to use them!! PIGS

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh sweet they're gonna go into the bullshit talking point of "THE MUSLIMS ARE COMIN FROM THE SOUTH" started by one retard saying he found a 'prayer rug' that turned out to be a pancho if I remember right?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh sweet they're gonna go into the bullshit talking point of "THE MUSLIMS ARE COMIN FROM THE SOUTH" started by one retard saying he found a 'prayer rug' that turned out to be a pancho if I remember right?

I think you mean . . . . . . . . . . pigshit. Hahaha ha.

PIGS

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The Moslems have infiltrated the south... and they have the Ebola virus.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Sir Rolo posted:

The Moslems have infiltrated the south... and they have the Ebola virus.

Given to them by their Moon God... :smugbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Even if it was a prayer rug, wouldn't leaving one behind indicate a lack of fanaticism?

"Hey my friend, you have left behind your prayer rug!"
"Eh, I'll pick up another one at the next town we stop at I guess :shrug:"

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Is this supposed to pro-Obama or pro-crazy military strategy? Because to me it reads like it was intended to be Anti-Obama and HOOWAH AMERICA, but I can't read it as anything but "Boy we have made some huge mistakes in the past"

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
So, who wants to go down to Texas and litter a bit?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sir Rolo posted:

(reads first 3 panels)

Oh, haha, that's actually kind of funny. Maybe Muir is going to give up racism and politics and make mildly amusing jokes about raising livestock from now on.

(reads the rest of the comic)

Nope, he's still a racist shitbag. Go gently caress yourself Muir.

This whole "ISIS terrorists are coming in through Mexico!" thing is so stupid I'm having trouble finding words to describe how dumb it is.

Warcabbit posted:

So, who wants to go down to Texas and litter a bit?

Aw come on, isn't it punishment enough that Muir has an unhealthy crush on our entire state? :saddowns:

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 7, 2014

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Bear in mind that they live there. Not only are they going to raise this refuted conspiratorial talking point, Zed is likely going to personally kill ISIS Illegals at some point.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Discendo Vox posted:

Bear in mind that they live there. Not only are they going to raise this refuted conspiratorial talking point, Zed is likely going to personally kill ISIS Illegals at some point.

Wild Russian hogs are a big problem in Texas, and one of the culling methods is hunting them from a helicopter. I'm sure that's the big payoff we're headed towards.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It was a soccer jersey, if I remember right. Same point, though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It was a soccer jersey, if I remember right. Same point, though.

Ah yes, even better, at least if you find a half buried pancho it kinda looks 'rug' like.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
Someone's gonna get shot through a Koran again, I bet.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Somfin posted:

No, there's a wash on all sides. Its actually a floating island of garbage out in the gulf of Mexico, with an insane heavily armed racist living on it declaring himself the king.

Mordiceius posted:

Is this supposed to pro-Obama or pro-crazy military strategy? Because to me it reads like it was intended to be Anti-Obama and HOOWAH AMERICA, but I can't read it as anything but "Boy we have made some huge mistakes in the past"

Here's a good indicator - if they use the full quote, including the "yet", the cartoon is likely to be pro-Obama and pro-thinking things through. If they drop the yet, its saying that Obama is a weak pussy girly man who should have nuked something by now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nyarai posted:

Someone's gonna get shot through a Koran again, I bet.

Infidel shoot out mah Khomeinis? You two drat be so!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Fulchrum posted:

Here's a good indicator - if they use the full quote, including the "yet", the cartoon is likely to be pro-Obama and pro-thinking things through. If they drop the yet, its saying that Obama is a weak pussy girly man who should have nuked something by now.

I was thrown off by how they drew Obama. I figured it looked like they were trying to make him look dumb.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

(reads first 3 panels)

Oh, haha, that's actually kind of funny. Maybe Muir is going to give up racism and politics and make mildly amusing jokes about raising livestock from now on.

(reads the rest of the comic)

Nope, he's still a racist shitbag. Go gently caress yourself Muir.

Yeah, honestly, I like the apolitical "Muir touts wife's tough frontierswoman bonafides, Wife coos over piglets like little girl at petting zoo" joke. From what I've seen, Muir used to write a lot more of those jokes (you know, the kind that are actually jokes) 15 years ago, before he went insane.

Zombie Chow
Jun 17, 2010

We interrupt this program to increase dramatic tension.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Ah yes, even better, at least if you find a half buried pancho it kinda looks 'rug' like.

Not to derail, but I think everyone means a 'poncho'. 'Pancho' is probably the person who dropped it :holy:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Mordiceius posted:

I was thrown off by how they drew Obama. I figured it looked like they were trying to make him look dumb.

Honestly it looks pretty similar to Shmorky's Guide to Caricaturing Obama.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Zombie Chow posted:

Not to derail, but I think everyone means a 'poncho'. 'Pancho' is probably the person who dropped it :holy:

And a half-buried Pancho out in the desert probably wouldn't occasion any comment from these folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I thought he planted it, maybe we're thinking of different drooling shitheads

• Locked thread