Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

They play exactly the same as they do on the Wii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I bought Mario 3, Mario 2 and Punch Out. Goddamit nintendo I can't help myself. Almost wanted to get the yoshi's island game, pity it's supposed to be terrible. Yoshi's Island will never get the respect it deserves.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Austrian mook posted:

I bought Mario 3, Mario 2 and Punch Out. Goddamit nintendo I can't help myself. Almost wanted to get the yoshi's island game, pity it's supposed to be terrible. Yoshi's Island will never get the respect it deserves.

I almost bought the Mario series over again on 3DS but dammit Nintendo I won't support this business practice. :mad:

I do however own Double Dragon on both platforms but they'll only get me like that once. :negative:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Austrian mook posted:

Yoshi's Island DS is pretty drat fun.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So, uh, I just accidentally washed my launch 3DS in a tub of laundry. Is there a way to get my games back yet or am I still screwed? I did create a Nintendo ID when that became a thing.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Call Nintendo. They do have the ability to remotely transfer your NNID (and thus your eShop games) to a replacement unit.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Neo Helbeast posted:

So, uh, I just accidentally washed my launch 3DS in a tub of laundry. Is there a way to get my games back yet or am I still screwed? I did create a Nintendo ID when that became a thing.

Bowl of rice overnight, see if it starts tomorrow. If it does you probably want to transfer to another unit. If it doesn't, time to call Nintendo.

Maista
Sep 11, 2004
Does this smell like chloroform to you?
College Slice
So I backed a Kickstarter for Mighty No 9. and they sent me a code for the North American version of their OTHER new game, Mighty Gunvolt. Since I live in Europe and I'm too lazy to jump through any hoops to get it, I'm just gonna leave the code here so one of you guys can grab it. Please post if you take it and I'll edit it out of this post.

edit: gone!

Maista fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Sep 7, 2014

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Max, The Great posted:

So I backed a Kickstarter for Mighty No 9. and they sent me a code for the North American version of their OTHER new game, Mighty Gunvolt. Since I live in Europe and I'm too lazy to jump through any hoops to get it, I'm just gonna leave the code here so one of you guys can grab it. Please post if you take it and I'll edit it out of this post.
I nabbed this, thanks for the code!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Heads up for Canadians, Target Canada is doing 25% off eShop cards until Thursday.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of September 11):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Teslagrad - €14.99 / £13.99
    Wooden Sen'SeY (demo)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Mario Ball (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own any Zelda game for Wii U/3DS eShop, get Hyrule Warriors for 10% off! - from September 19-26
    SteamWorld Dig (Wii U eShop) - €6.49 / £4.99 if you own the 3DS version, runs until September 25
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U) - €39.99 / £32.99 until September 11
    The Legend of Zelda (Wii U VC) - €3.49 / £2.44 until September 11
    Zelda 2: Adventure of Link (Wii U VC) - €3.49 / £2.44 until September 11
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.70 until September 11
    Chasing Aurora (Wii U eShop) - €3.49 / £2.99 until September 11
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (Wii U VC) - €4.99 / £4.49 from September 11-18
    The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Wii U VC) - €4.99 / £4.49 from September 11-18

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Phonics Fun with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Volume 1 - €24.99 / £19.99
    Phonics Fun with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Volume 2 - €24.99 / £19.99
    Phonics Fun with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Volume 3 - €24.99 / £19.99
    Conception 2: Children of the Stars - €29.99 / £24.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS eSHOP
    Comics Workshop - €5.99 / £5.39
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man Xtreme 2 (Game Boy Color) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) - €29.99 / £25.99 until September 11
    The Legend of Zelda (3DS VC) - €3.49 / £2.44 until September 11
    Zelda 2: Adventure of Link (3DS VC) - €3.49 / £2.44 until September 11
    Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.49 until September 11
    Nano Assault EX (3DS eShop) - €7.49 / £6.35 until September 11
    The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (Wii U VC) - €3.99 / £3.59 from September 11-18
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Wii U VC) - €3.99 / £3.59 from September 11-18
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Wii U VC) - €3.99 / £3.59 from September 11-18
    Code of Princess (3DS eShop) - €21.00 / £17.50 until September 17
    Sayonara Umihara Kawase (3DS eShop) - €12.49 / £9.99 until September 17
    Bit Boy!! ARCADE (3DS) - €4.99 / £4.49 from September 11-24
    Beyblade Evolution (3DS) - €9.99 / £9.99 from September 11-25
    BIT.TRIP SAGA (3DS) - €7.99 / £7.20 from September 11-25
    Girl's Fashion Shoot (3DS) - €7.99 / £7.99 from September 11-25
    Hakouki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (3DS) - €11.99 / £11.99 from September 11-25
    Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 from September 11-25
    Hometown Story (3DS) - €14.99 / £14.99 from September 11-25
    Shifting World (3DS) - €7.99 / £7.20 from September 11-25
    Virtue's Last Reward (3DS) - €12.49 / £9.99 from September 11-25
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) - €34.99 / £30.99 from September 18-25

Is there a worse Nintendo-published GBA game than Super Mario Ball? I already thought of one, Yoshi Topsy Turvy. Whatever, Mario Ball still sucks.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Sep 8, 2014

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Nice price reduction on that non-UK Link between Worlds. :shepface:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Is there a worse Nintendo-published GBA game than Super Mario Ball? I already thought of one, Yoshi Topsy Turvy. Whatever, Mario Ball still sucks.
As this is the PAL update post I think you should refer to it by its full PAL name: Yoshi's Universal Gravitation.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

InspectorCarbonara posted:

As this is the PAL update post I think you should refer to it by its full PAL name: Yoshi's Universal Gravitation.

A mint CIB copy of that is actually one of my most prized retro possessions because it's rather hard to come by in PAL-land but Christ, that game is loving awful.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TESLAGRAD!! About god drat time.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Question about the Canadian Target eShop credit deal thing (buy one card, get one card 25% off) to anyone who might know. Does Target charge taxes on buying cards like that? I kind of have to go out of my way to get to a Target near me and if I'm going to be paying nearly as much in taxes as I'm saving on a single card it's not really worth the trip.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Dynasty Warriors Advance

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

zenintrude posted:

Dynasty Warriors Advance

It was my first GBA game :)

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Kaubocks posted:

Question about the Canadian Target eShop credit deal thing (buy one card, get one card 25% off) to anyone who might know. Does Target charge taxes on buying cards like that? I kind of have to go out of my way to get to a Target near me and if I'm going to be paying nearly as much in taxes as I'm saving on a single card it's not really worth the trip.

They shouldn't charge taxes since you pay the tax when you actually buy stuff through the eShop (and if you set your province to Alberta on your eshop settings you basically don't pay tax at all).

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Kaubocks posted:

I think you're mixing up the American and Canadian deals - I'm pretty sure Canada is just 25% off on all cards.

But yeah, tax is done through the eshop so Target shouldn't charge - think of it more as a gift card.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Hmm. I'll swing by Target after work then. Debating on how much eShop credit I should get. I don't want to spend a lot of money but there's so much that I want on the eShop either right now or coming real soon-- Dual Destinies, Hyrule Warriors, Tropical Freeze (probably going on discount during the Smash sale), Bayonetta 2... I could probably just pick up $200 and be good to go for a long time but I hate plunking down huge wads of money in a single purchase.

EDIT: ^^^Oh?? I thought the deal was Canada only and it was BOGO 25% off. If it's a flat 25% that's even better!

EDIT2: I'm looking at an online flyer and it just says 10% off game cards. :sigh:

EDIT3: I guess some stores have PS and Nintendo cards at 25% but not all of them so YMMV? Either way I guess I'll pop in and see what it's like at the one near work.

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 8, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Kaubocks posted:

Hmm. I'll swing by Target after work then. Debating on how much eShop credit I should get. I don't want to spend a lot of money but there's so much that I want on the eShop either right now or coming real soon-- Dual Destinies, Hyrule Warriors, Tropical Freeze (probably going on discount during the Smash sale), Bayonetta 2... I could probably just pick up $200 and be good to go for a long time but I hate plunking down huge wads of money in a single purchase.

EDIT: ^^^Oh?? I thought the deal was Canada only and it was BOGO 25% off. If it's a flat 25% that's even better!

EDIT2: I'm looking at an online flyer and it just says 10% off game cards. :sigh:

Page 4 of their online flyer is showing me Buy 1, get 1 25% off. I'm gonna go buy Smash Bros money today.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Chronojam posted:

Bowl of rice overnight, see if it starts tomorrow. If it does you probably want to transfer to another unit. If it doesn't, time to call Nintendo.

Even better than rice, use silica packets if you have any lying around. Rice isn't a very good desiccant.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Cloks posted:

Even better than rice, use silica packets if you have any lying around. Rice isn't a very good desiccant.

Its the best thing that a lot of people will have sitting around their house already. That said, yeah, those little DO NOT EAT packets are fantastic.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
New Club Nintendo rewards are up now. Pretty good month, even if it has some repeats. That said, the codes ain't working yet at the eShop, since it giving me a error message when I tried redeeming Kirby.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Games are up for Club Nintendo NA:

Wii U:
Mario Bros.
Kirby Super Star

Wii:
Super Punch Out
NES Play Action Football

3DS:
The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros.
Touch Solitaire
ArtStyle Pictobits

A little bummed, Kirby Super Star was the first game I bought when I bought my Wii U 2 weeks ago. I don't want Mario Bros. at all. If I had a 3DS I would totally get Zelda or Super Mario Bros.

edit: Beaten, oh well

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Oh mother of god...I just bought Kirby Super Star and Super Punch-Out both in the last month. Oh well, such is life.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

OH poo poo KIRBY SUPER STAR

Are there any glaring issues with the eShop version of that game like terrible filters or something or is it worth the coins?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
If there's someone out there who isn't aware, Kirby Super Star is the best Kirby game that isn't Triple Deluxe. Now's the time to get it if you haven't before.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Kaubocks posted:

Are there any glaring issues with the eShop version of that game like terrible filters or something or is it worth the coins?

The only problem with Super Star is that there was a DS port with more minigames a couple years back. That said, KSS is still an amazing game and if you have the coins, get it!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

The only VC games they put stupid filters on are on the NES, their SNES emulator is good.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Should I expect Super Punch Out to be added to Wii U virtual console soon and is that game worth getting?

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Weird that SPO is Wii-only since it is on the Wii U VC already.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Vince Videogames posted:

Should I expect Super Punch Out to be added to Wii U virtual console soon and is that game worth getting?

It already is on the Wii U Virtual Console (at least in America), and its pretty good. I'm poo poo at it though.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Vince Videogames posted:

It doesn't have as much personality as MTPO (the Bruiser Bros are really lame), but it's still really good and worth getting.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Suspicious Cook posted:

If there's someone out there who isn't aware, Kirby Super Star is the best Kirby game that isn't Triple Deluxe. Now's the time to get it if you haven't before.

Exactly. Then once you've beaten KSS, go play Kirby Triple Deluxe (I just beat it last night and god drat what a great game). Then go hunt down Kirby Super Star Ultra because it's even better than the original. So much good Kirby.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Do not even ask posted:

It doesn't have as much personality as MTPO (the Bruiser Bros are really lame), but it's still really good and worth getting.

Weird fact, it's the very first Nintendo game with Charles Martinet voicing a character (he the announcer).

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Disregard: My T looked like a 7 and I'm illiterate.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Do not even ask posted:

Weird that SPO is Wii-only since it is on the Wii U VC already.

Does that mean if I order it on club nintendo I can buy the Wii U version for a dollar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Vince Videogames posted:

Does that mean if I order it on club nintendo I can buy the Wii U version for a dollar?

I believe that should work.