Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
Rewatching the season with a friend, a couple stray observations:

I guess I'd forgotten about them, but earlier in the season, a lot of Bolin's jokes do work, as far as either being funny or conveying his character. Like, the one where he's trying to convince Mako to join the airbender hunt, and he describes a scenario where they meet their long-lost grandmother ("and then she dies")...was pretty good. He mostly comes off as a big-hearted frat boy, which can be fine. His character just needs some touch-ups here and there.

When they first introduce P'Li, I had forgotten how much she speaks. Something like, "Nobody important has come to visit me in 13 years...He's out, isn't he? ...I'm feeling warmer already." Her VA's delivery is really good -- it's a shame they hardly ever let her speak again until the finale. I would have liked if they at least had her make some sassy comments during fights, like Ghazan and Ming Hua sometimes did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I skipped a few pages so I might have missed this already, but the Book 3 release is set for December 2nd.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=14908

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Rougey posted:

So I’m betting that the next season will start with Korra having recovered, but then dropped off the face off the Earth with nobody having a clue where she is.

Long odds? She’s gone incognito and shacked up with some dude in a remote fishing village in what used to be the Earth Kingdom and finally found a measure of peace, until that peace is shattered in the second episode by a Warlord (Kuvira?) filling the power vacuum post Earth Queen, followed by 11 strait episodes of no holds barred :black101:

While it'll never happen, Korra living peacefully in retirement ala the start of Commando and being called back into action would be rad. I also am fairly certain she won't be healthy at the start of next season, as that recovery arc is a hell of a thing to waste offscreen.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

NowonSA posted:

While it'll never happen, Korra living peacefully in retirement ala the start of Commando and being called back into action would be rad. I also am fairly certain she won't be healthy at the start of next season, as that recovery arc is a hell of a thing to waste offscreen.

I think if they were to focus on any recovery for Korra, it would be mental.

Also, Book 4: Balance confirmed for "SOON" by Bryan K. on tumblr.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Also, Book 4: Balance confirmed for "SOON" by Bryan K. on tumblr.

Not sure what to make of this :psyduck:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Weren't there rumors that Book 4 was just going to get dumped out the door all at once instead of a weekly release? I'd kind of hate to see the series go out like that, but on the other hand being able to marathon Book 4 in the near future would be really cool.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Get hyped.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Please don't end with the end of the Avatar cycle

:(

:(

:cry:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Should we even bother with a new thread for that then?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

It depends on how soon they mean soon. There was a rumor going around a while back which mentioned January and also IIRC predicted the Balance title.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MrAristocrates posted:

I mean we could just change the thread title then

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
I'm hearing February 2015 but can't find a source.

E: oh right that was the AU airdate.

Hauldren Collider
Dec 31, 2012
What do those characters mean?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

the one for Amon is "equality" i think

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
For those interested, they just posted the achievements for the upcoming Korra game.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Remind me again when is that thing supposed to take place again? Between Book 1 and Book 2 or between Book 2 and Book 3?

PS : you would think that the mention of Dark Spirits would be a good indicator, but nooooooooooooooo!

X_Toad fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 6, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

X_Toad posted:

Remind me again when is that thing supposed to take place again? Between Book 1 and Book 2 or between Book 2 and Book 3?

Between 2 and 3.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I for one am greatly heartened at the inclusion of cabbage collecting. :3:

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

Hauldren Collider posted:

What do those characters mean?
平 = even/flat/peace
衡 = equilibrium/scale
平衡 = balance/equalization

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

NowonSA posted:

Good point on the recovery thing - although to clarify I mean physically recovered - also I was think more like The Avatar From Nowhere.

Korra is built like a brick shithouse - it will be interesting to see how they animate the toll it's all taken on her body - I once got horribly sick and lost 15kg in the space of a week, muscle mass is the first thing the body cannibalises, was weak as a kitten for months after.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Rougey posted:

I once got horribly sick and lost 15kg in the space of a week, muscle mass is the first thing the body cannibalises, was weak as a kitten for months after.

hot drat, dude, that is a lot of weight!

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Sep 7, 2014

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
Maybe she'll embrace the void and fly now that she can't walk?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Korra S1 Blu-Ray $15.49@Amazon

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
40 dollars here :(

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Spergatory posted:

I for one am greatly heartened at the inclusion of cabbage collecting. :3:

I wish they would put preorders up on Steam already. I keep trying to swipe my CC on the side of my monitor but it won't take it.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Babygravy posted:

40 dollars here :(
Ra Ra Ra secondary cause of :filez: Ra Ra Ra

Honestly my sister works at JB so when it's on for a reasonable price I'll grab it.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy

Rougey posted:

Ra Ra Ra secondary cause of :filez: Ra Ra Ra

Honestly my sister works at JB so when it's on for a reasonable price I'll grab it.

Oh I'm totally buying it when I can, just saying.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Axel Serenity posted:

I wish they would put preorders up on Steam already. I keep trying to swipe my CC on the side of my monitor but it won't take it.

I saw the gameplay for the game, that robot walker finisher is the most platinum thing ever.

Also there should be Pure Platinum medals.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I saw the gameplay for the game, that robot walker finisher is the most platinum thing ever.

Also there should be Pure Platinum medals.

Except those are the worst medals you can get because Platinum love doing the exact opposite of intuitive even if it fits in the game's universe.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kibayasu posted:

Except those are the worst medals you can get because Platinum love doing the exact opposite of intuitive even if it fits in the game's universe.

What's unintuitive about take no damage, be fast, be cool?

edit: Oh.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 8, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pomp posted:

They're joking about Pure Platinum being the worst ranking because in-universe Pure Platinum is the thing that can't bend at all, so in this theoretical joke example platinum makes it the worst ranking.

It is a bending joke.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

ImpAtom posted:

They're joking about Pure Platinum being the worst ranking because in-universe Pure Platinum is the thing that can't bend at all, so in this theoretical joke example platinum makes it the worst ranking.

It is a bending joke.

Jokes? Ok, well I can't remember how it starts, but the punchline is: Leaf me alone, I'm bushed.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

It is a bending joke.

I'm guessing this is the next Smiley.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Pomp posted:

edit: Oh.

Platinum also have a bit of a reputation among us turbonerds of not explaining fairly important game mechanics or unnecessarily obfuscating them instead of just straight telling the player what they need to know. Like in MGR not only do you have to buy the dodge move but its called Defensive Offense which doesn't sound like "dodge" at all.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kibayasu posted:

Platinum also have a bit of a reputation among us turbonerds of not explaining fairly important game mechanics or unnecessarily obfuscating them instead of just straight telling the player what they need to know. Like in MGR not only do you have to buy the dodge move but its called Defensive Offense which doesn't sound like "dodge" at all.

Same thing in Wonderful 101, in which you have to buy all of the block, dodge and mobility moves.

But enough about those wonderful platinum bastards.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
holy fuuuuuuuuck this season is good.

I put it off for so long because I forgot too much about what happened during the off time, but this season is really, really great. So much bending and so many fights. I'm gushing.

AND I'M ONLY HALFWAY THROUGH!

Hauldren Collider
Dec 31, 2012
It gets even better.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Spergatory posted:

For those interested, they just posted the achievements for the upcoming Korra game.

Hop Hop Hoppity
Jumped 100 times.

That is the dumbest achievement I have ever seen.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
also zaheer is bane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Amon was Bane. I've made dumb posts comparing the two in the past.

• Locked thread