Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Skarsnik posted:

Well, until Africa gets around to producing bike riders
Cycling is pretty big in Eritrea for some reason. I thought Daniel Teklehaymanot was some weird anomaly but I have been informed there's quite a decent grassroots thing happening there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

The Deadly Hume posted:

Cycling is pretty big in Eritrea for some reason. I thought Daniel Teklehaymanot was some weird anomaly but I have been informed there's quite a decent grassroots thing happening there.

Merhawi Kudus is going to own hard, book it

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
My favorite kind of doping story is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ideiS-6gBAc

:tinfoil:

e: oh it's turning the wrong way

Knitting Beetles fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Sep 4, 2014

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Anyone watching the Tour of Alberta?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

strangemusic posted:

Presumably someone stuck in a car wondering why a road is closed in Alberta

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Pvt Dancer posted:

My favorite kind of doping story is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ideiS-6gBAc

:tinfoil:

e: oh it's turning the wrong way

:science::corsair:

Withnail fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 6, 2014

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I do think that there often isn't enough scrutineering of bikes. I'm not saying that they're all riding electric motor things, but they definitely don't check them enough to make sure they're above the minimum weight limit.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

I wish Vuelta would have some actual, proper mountains that create gaps between the top riders instead of this "3 km of hill riding on 15% gradient" poo poo.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Oh wow, Bouhanni actually came in 5th. I already had a post typed up laughing at FDJ for doing all that work during the last 30 km when it was patently obvious he wouldn't be able to do anything on that hill but well then.

Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band
To get away from the Frome hate, what are the other riders that you guys have been liking?

I've got a lot of respect for Dan Martins' attacks. Michael Matthews fucks me right off. Bling! gently caress off.

Also I think the Spanish podium girls are hotter than the TdF ones, but they should all be replaced by local dignitaries!

(not a troll!)

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Dutch podium girls for win. Tony Martin for being a beast. Phinney for q1 next year.

Also joanna rowsell. Crazy eyes and more individual wins than the other British females.

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 5, 2014

carborexic
Nov 9, 2008

strangemusic posted:

I am. Navardauskas, Howard, Vanmarkce leading, exciting!

Bouhanni for World Champion.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Bolivar posted:

I wish Vuelta would have some actual, proper mountains that create gaps between the top riders instead of this "3 km of hill riding on 15% gradient" poo poo.

Yes lets, decide the GC in the first week and don't bother with the rest of it. The mountains are coming, is this your first time watching a grand tour?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I wonder if Valverde knows about those 17% coming up. That's an optimistic attack to say the least

e: well what do you know, he got decimated

Smirr fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 6, 2014

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

So what is Froome doing that he falls off the lead group out of off camera coverage to then refind his legs?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

What the gently caress, where did Hesjedal come from?

Pocket posted:

So what is Froome doing that he falls off the lead group out of off camera coverage to then refind his legs?

I thought the same thing, it's pretty weird. The commentators keep saying that he doesn't follow attacks and takes some time to find his own pace but my money is on an inhaler filled with crushed baby teeth or something

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Team car injects him with fresh blood.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pocket posted:

Short attacks dont suit his style, he just rides tempo instead of trying to respond to all these kicks and benefits from them all looking at each other. Worked today.

Victory for the doped bike today.

Iron Beagle
Apr 27, 2007
Hesjedal must have bummed some batteries off somebody right around the 1km to go banner.

Seriously though, fantastic exciting finish both for 1st and for the GC riders.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
That was some some nice riding by Canadian superhero Ryder. :BC:

Too bad they picked Serial Crasher Dan Martin for GC.

I love Dan Martin and I hope he wins a stage too.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

serious gaylord posted:

I do think that there often isn't enough scrutineering of bikes. I'm not saying that they're all riding electric motor things, but they definitely don't check them enough to make sure they're above the minimum weight limit.

serious gaylord posted:

Victory for the doped bike today.
I'd love if it they impounded the bike for scrutineering just to make some different waves.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

kimbo305 posted:

I'd love if it they impounded the bike for scrutineering just to make some different waves.

I always remember the Ventoux stage of the tour last year where it was announced during the race that they'd be checking bikes at the end of it. Lots of mysterious issues and bike changes needed before the end.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

serious gaylord posted:

I always remember the Ventoux stage of the tour last year where it was announced during the race that they'd be checking bikes at the end of it. Lots of mysterious issues and bike changes needed before the end.

Yeah and the commentators willfully try to reason some of the changes out. Prob just baby stuff like underweight, though.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I can see a lot of cool wrecks happening on the other side of this first climb. Everyone looks miserable and nervous.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'd like to think that Dan Martin crashed going uphill and is now riding Vansummerenens giant bike.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
one rider just dissapeared.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
chupacabra got him. rip

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

ah, he's been whisked away to a hospital now.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

It's been too long since someone decked a runner or trashed some shades. They're getting uppity

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

those policemen were about to hit people, judging by the look in their eyes and that neutral-service motor had some rude gestures in store.

right, Warren Baguil is my favorite today.

DONT TOUCH THE PC fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 7, 2014

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Keep the camera on Froome plix

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
What a terrible way to cover the last few 100m, how did Contador lose that much?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I wonder if he just lacks the power at the end. He may actually have to worry about Valverde which is p surprising.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
So err does anybody give a poo poo about the Tour of Britain?

Why the hell is it on at the same time as the Vuelta? I am new to cycling really, does this kind of clash happen a lot? I know the Tour of Britain is worth gently caress all really but, you know, bad timing.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

thehustler posted:

So err does anybody give a poo poo about the Tour of Britain?

Why the hell is it on at the same time as the Vuelta? I am new to cycling really, does this kind of clash happen a lot? I know the Tour of Britain is worth gently caress all really but, you know, bad timing.

Its normal to have lesser tours on at the same time as the big events. Not every team gets invited to them after all.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Plus teams have 30~ riders, and only 9 can ride in a grand tour

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Jesus Christ lmao, don't get into a fistfight right in front of the commissaire

edit:

Smirr fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 8, 2014

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

Jesus Christ lmao, don't get into a fistfight right in front of the commissaire

edit:

This is brilliant.

Edit for youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PzYs1erIcs

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Sep 8, 2014

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

e: too slow. I've decided which part I love most: them continuing the fight while already talking to the commissaire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Already DMCA'd.