Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Mr. Nice! posted:

yeah mirc and winirc on all the classified computers to chat with people. its basically the fastest and easiest way to do secure communication.
plus its compatible with comic chat so all military communication takes place in essentially the jerkcity universe

which is exactly as it should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

FMguru posted:

plus its compatible with comic chat so all military communication takes place in essentially the jerkcity universe

which is exactly as it should be

is it compatible with comic chat? because if memory serves me correctly most IRC servers require certain features in IRC clients that MS Comic Chat doesn't do

like you have to go out of your way to support comic chat is what I am saying

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
Comic Chat users just have a bunch of gibberish (panel / character info etc) before and after the text data of their message. You could technically still use it but I doubt that would fly for long.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

FMguru posted:

all military communication takes place in essentially the jerkcity universe
yes please

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

URL grey tea posted:

Comic Chat users just have a bunch of gibberish (panel / character info etc) before and after the text data of their message. You could technically still use it but I doubt that would fly for long.

you can turn that stuff off iirc, in which case it just randomly assigns avatars to people and picks random emotions for each line.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
announcers have been calling the NFL surfaces "iPads" all day just in case you were wondering if that partnership wouldn't be a joke

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i want to see the email that goes round now telling people that they are called "microsoft surface brand tablet computing devices"

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
use bing to google as opposed to google to google

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

announcers have been calling the NFL surfaces "iPads" all day just in case you were wondering if that partnership wouldn't be a joke

ahahahhaah even when they try their hardest they still end up promoting the competition

didn't they do it during preseason too? so the announcers just don't give a gently caress

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Miley Virus posted:

ahahahhaah even when they try their hardest they still end up promoting the competition

didn't they do it during preseason too? so the announcers just don't give a gently caress

i think they think that tablets are just called iPads

like they were saying "yeah you can watch stuff on your PC, or on your smartphone, or on your iPad! or even conventional TV of course"

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

surface is a type of iPad. like limewire is a type of napster.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
except on a surface ipad you google with bing

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
and you're metro not gay

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

PleasureKevin posted:

surface is a type of iPad. like limewire is a type of napster.

zune is a type of iPod.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
but mac os is a windows i think??

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

its a unix op

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Sham bam bamina! posted:

but mac os is a windows i think??

you're thinking of lindows

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Phoenixan posted:

you're thinking of lindows

you're thinking of linspire

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

uh what the hell am I reading this right??

To reflect the magnitude of the changes and bring the branding in line, Microsoft’s Bing mobile apps for iOS and Android will be revamped and rebranded ‘MSN’ over the coming months.

http://tnw.co/1CIXNfy

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

i mean, not all day

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

sometimes they called them "iPad-like tools" :newlol:

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
more surface revelations

i7 model surface 3 throttles down the cpu to 800mhz if you use it unplugged and any amount of heat hits the chassis

so to do any 3D work or play a game, you either need to plug it in or aim a fan at the back of the unit

IYG type people have already compiled a list of recommended USB fans for this purpose

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

PleasureKevin posted:

To reflect the magnitude of the changes and bring the branding in line, Microsoft’s Bing mobile apps for iOS and Android will be revamped and rebranded ‘MSN’ over the coming months.

just pretend I found that post 20 pages back that said "rebranding the deck chairs on the titanic" and eq'd it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Miley Virus posted:

they tried a lot harder in the preseason. and the announcers occasionally try to correct themselves, it's clearly something that's on their one-sheet

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/8/6120643/microsoft-surface-at-nfl-games-described-as-ipad-like

e: beaten but yeah, they'll probably gently caress it up every week. a receiver almost took out the Surface stand in the late game too

Blackula69 fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 8, 2014

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

lol when every player on the field is wearing an apple iwatch

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

pasta live gold with barf

subscription based pasta

http://bit.ly/1nFTVCy

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Pinterest Mom posted:

sometimes they called them "iPad-like tools" :newlol:
:laffo:

also

quote:

Microsoft may be understandably peeved about this after committing to spend $400 million on an exclusive advertising and equipment deal with the NFL, but then the networks that cover the games aren't under the league's control. Educating their commentators may be as important to Microsoft as enlightening the rest of the world to the Surface's advantages.

quote:

Educating their commentators may be as important to Microsoft as enlightening the rest of the world to the Surface's advantages.

quote:

enlightening the rest of the world to the Surface's advantages

quote:

the Surface's advantages

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

such as:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Internaut! posted:

more surface revelations

i7 model surface 3 throttles down the cpu to 800mhz if you use it unplugged and any amount of heat hits the chassis

so to do any 3D work or play a game, you either need to plug it in or aim a fan at the back of the unit

IYG type people have already compiled a list of recommended USB fans for this purpose
:newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

PleasureKevin posted:

:vince:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
MicrosoftR MSNTM One.1 for LiveTM 365 with ClearTypeTM Update 1

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Miley Virus posted:

the pre and post game shows with the surfaces pro loving everywhere looked real, real bad

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
loving IMBECILES who didn't know about the slate form factor touch screen literally how are these people even alive they so loving dense??????

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so ipad sucks because it wasn't first, and surface rules because it.. was third??

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
p sure windows (desktop or tablet edition) didn't support capacitive multitouch until after the iPad was released so even the slate pedants are wrong.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

wait

they are looking at playbooks and drawing on top of them. that's it. it's a sketch pad and reference to playbooks. that's media loving consumption. consuming the media in the books, drawing red lines on it.

an ipad is ideal and a surface is forced and unnecessary and overcomplicated for the task

they are calling it an "ipad-like device" because it's "kinda like an ipad but not as good"

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i'm an ipad-liking tool

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

those the vergeins commenters if you hadn't guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

during the fox halftime show the dudes at the desk all have bright blue surfaces with a very visible Surface name printed on them in front of each person and it's really obnoxious

apparently this was deemed not obvious enough

so now they're turquoise and white

• Locked thread