Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sprat Sandwich posted:

What's wrong with the build quality on the PS4s?

Heat messes with the eject button if it's horizontal, or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Sprat Sandwich posted:

What's wrong with the build quality on the PS4s?
Was joking with regards to all the controller issues people are having

ComradePotato
Nov 7, 2010

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Plug it in and it'll work but the US has a different BluRay region if you want to watch those.

I don't really watch Blu-rays so that's not a problem. Cheers.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Schremp Howard posted:

Gold headsets are $80.72 on Amazon. Is this likely the best deal I'm going to find now?

They've been on sale multiple times for 40 bucks after rebate. I'd hold off if you can IMO.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ComradePotato posted:

I don't really watch Blu-rays so that's not a problem. Cheers.

A lot of movies, probably most, are actually region free if you ever do anyway.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Baller Witness Bro posted:

They've been on sale multiple times for 40 bucks after rebate. I'd hold off if you can IMO.

That is perfect, I'll keep an eye out for that and make do with the provided headset.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How's the mic on those things, anyway? I'm a bit wary of something with no boom to move it closer to the user's mouth.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
It's not great but it's not bad. My friends have said that I'm pretty clear just a bit muffled.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Rinkles posted:

Haha, what the hell is this thread even?

A bunch of sour assholes who seemingly can't grasp that most of us got extremely familiar with Destiny over the summer and aren't going to wake up tomorrow and go "what the gently caress is this poo poo?!"

Or bored trolls.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Feenix posted:

A bunch of sour assholes who seemingly can't grasp that most of us got extremely familiar with Destiny over the summer and aren't going to wake up tomorrow and go "what the gently caress is this poo poo?!"

Or bored trolls.

In fairness, we've only played up to level 8. I loved it, but then I also loved Borderlands 2 until I finished my first playthrough and then that game fell into a complete pile of trash and it is certainly possible that Destiny could fall prey to the same.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Are there plans to add support for video playback over network or USB storage? I just got a ps4 and was a little disappointed that this doesn't exist.

solarbeam
Nov 29, 2005

Failboattootoot posted:

In fairness, we've only played up to level 8. I loved it, but then I also loved Borderlands 2 until I finished my first playthrough and then that game fell into a complete pile of trash and it is certainly possible that Destiny could fall prey to the same.

that's possible with any game

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

dyzzy posted:

Are there plans to add support for video playback over network or USB storage? I just got a ps4 and was a little disappointed that this doesn't exist.

Early 2015.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.
My PS4 actually died on me over the weekend.

Late Saturday night while playing Diablo 3 it just shut down. When I tried to power it back on it would beep, make a series of clicking noises from where I assume the power supply is located, and then go dead again.

I did the standard pull the hard drive out, pull all the cables, let it sit until the next morning and see if it works. Nope, she's dead Jim.

So I go through Sony Support, generate a ticket, and then realize it is going to take 10 to 15 days before I receive a replacement PS4 from Sony. DESTINY COMES OUT TUESDAY YOU BASTARDS!!

I mention to the wife that it will take 10 to 15 days before I get my PS4 replaced and the first thing she says "Doesn't that Destiny game you like come out this week? gently caress it, go buy yourself another PS4" !!!!!!!!!!

(drat I love that woman)

So I uh.. went out and got another PS4 so I could spend all of last night redownloading my library because apparently moving a PS4 hard drive between systems requires the drive be wiped so you can start over.

Now that the crisis is averted I am once again all set for the Destiny release tomorrow.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Failboattootoot posted:

I can safely say that if the PvP is as fun as it was in the beta I will be playing that at least for a long time to come. I guess it depends on what you want out of the game though, if you just want the campaign stuff I could see it losing it's appeal after a playthrough or two. Never really been the draw of Bungie games though imo.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Failboattootoot posted:

Sure, but as mentioned, that can happen with any media of any kind, really. Also there's probably an infinitely less likelihood of a hard curve ball u-turn of disappointment given most folks who are hyped have played it and remain hyped.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

ShankyMcStabber posted:

So I uh.. went out and got another PS4 so I could spend all of last night redownloading my library because apparently moving a PS4 hard drive between systems requires the drive be wiped so you can start

Is this true? Why can't you pop the new drive in and reauthenticate the new ps4 as your primary?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sellouts posted:

Is this true? Why can't you pop the new drive in and reauthenticate the new ps4 as your primary?

Encryption doesn't allow for that.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Aphrodite posted:

Heat messes with the eject button if it's horizontal, or something.

Wait what?

Mine just randomly ejected a game while I was playing it the other day, is this why? Should I do something or whatever?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Encryption doesn't allow for that.

That's really lame.

I bet my ps4 bites the dust before I fill my 2tb drive.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Has anything been said if amazon is going to allow pre-loading for Destiny?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So I've picked up a Destiny PS4 bundle but I can't activate my PSN+ 1 Month Trial I got with the game. I'm getting an E-8200012F error.
I haven't paid for a PSN+ sub on my PS3 (Using the same PSN account) before but I did get that free PSN+ during that credit card thing, does that gently caress me over using the Trial code?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Croccers posted:

So I've picked up a Destiny PS4 bundle but I can't activate my PSN+ 1 Month Trial I got with the game. I'm getting an E-8200012F error.
I haven't paid for a PSN+ sub on my PS3 (Using the same PSN account) before but I did get that free PSN+ during that credit card thing, does that gently caress me over using the Trial code?

Uh oh, hope this doesn't gently caress me over. I redeemed a PS+ trial back in November when I originally bought a ps4 and now I'm picking up a white bundle tonight.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Servers don't seem to be dead either because I redeemed the Vanguard Armoury one fine.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

PantsBandit posted:

The biggest difference between the two to me is that the combat in Borderlands feels like it's your numbers against their numbers. Stuff like staying mobile, flanking, positioning doesn't really matter that much because enemies were essentially just lumbering calculators. If you're out in the open you'd better make sure your damage output > theirs in a given span of time because they'll be hitting you no matter what. In Destiny winning fights relies somewhat on having the right gear but it's more about strategy than numbers. The two may appear similar but actually playing them, as the first guy said, feels completely different.

This is a good point. There were times where I got cocky running into the open and got murdered by a big group of low level enemies. You actually had to plan a bit and think more than "run in and shoot up the room". The AI surprised me a few times when it would chase me down if I ran for cover to heal or reload.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Croccers posted:

Yeah, pretty sure it does. It's specifically for accounts that have never had PSN + before.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Croccers posted:

Wait until later this week.

Most one month trials are actually just 30 free days (like with the first shipments of ps4s) and can be added to a normal code.

However your destiny ps4 isn't supposed to be out until tomorrow. I bet those codes aren't activated for use until when the store updates tomorrow.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Yeah, pretty sure it does. It's specifically for accounts that have never had PSN + before.
:tizzy:
I never wanted that PSN+ in the first place. Ugh.
And I bet I can't even sell it because it you can't use them to stack months.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
hey guys I'm thinking about getting a PS4 for this Destiny game. What's the game play like? Borderlands? WoW? I didn't get to play the demo, could someone compare it something?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rear end Catchcum posted:

hey guys I'm thinking about getting a PS4 for this Destiny game. What's the game play like? Borderlands? WoW? I didn't get to play the demo, could someone compare it something?

Halo.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

It's like Guild Wars crossed with Half-Life 2.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

rear end Catchcum posted:

borderlands wow and halo, and diablo and people say Phantasy Star Online. I think it's like warframe "but good" and idk people were talking about DMC and god of war in some context earlier so let's throw them in along with also apples and oranges, it's like them.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

^^^^^^^^I just played warframe for the first time day before yesterday and it actually killed my destiny hype a bit because now I want WarDestiny which is warframe in the destiny mmo world maps.

For everyone worrying about the provided headset it works fine so long as you're not blasting your tv volume. If anything my complaint with it is that the ear bud is too quiet. If you're one of those people that has to have loud fx on or you have a surround sound set up, get a headset.

OxMan fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 8, 2014

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Every game is Dark Souls.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Well ok I tell a lie, it's really more like Pangya crossed with Lifeforce Tenka.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It's Lord of the Rings plus Starship Troopers

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Guys, Christ. He's baiting you. He knows it's an incendiary topic that's caused dozens of pages of flaming.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

EC posted:

Every game is Dark Souls.

Actually yes this, you run into other players in the world just like you run into ghosts in Souls games and you can "summon" them by inviting them to join your fireteam...!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Guys, Christ. He's baiting you. He knows it's an incendiary topic that's caused dozens of pages of flaming.

No I don't think so.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Arkham Knight is coming out June 2, 2015.

• Locked thread