Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

VanSandman posted:

Wait, why is Black Bolt's dog hanging out with Ms. Marvel?

His name is Lockjaw, and sometimes it's implied that he's just another Inhuman, not a dog, which makes the way he's treated a little creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Spidey Super-Stories really is a special brand of "special."

Also, Newspaper Spider-Man.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone want the best avatar ever?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Chortles posted:

The Lumberjanes page look like they were written for children and teens while the Rat Queens page looks like it was written for adults, yet the Lumberjanes page comes up as hella funnier... go figure.

The Rat Queens part is much funnier with the subsequent pages when you see that the little hobbit girl is just drooling on someone at a raucous drug-filled party.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

mind the walrus posted:

The Rat Queens part is much funnier with the subsequent pages when you see that the little hobbit girl is just drooling on someone at a raucous drug-filled party.

It's post party, though. Flapjacks have been eaten, Gary got punched in the face. Everyone should be straight by this point.

Rat Queens #6

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Gary just being the worst is the single funniest part of Rat Queens.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

VanSandman posted:

Wait, why is Black Bolt's dog hanging out with Ms. Marvel?

Medusa sent her to keep an eye on the Terrigen-empowered Ms. Marvel. She was gonna say "Hey Kamala you're an Inhuman come live with us now" but Wolverine told her it would be a bad idea.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Mr. Maltose posted:

Man, gently caress Gary.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

I like it a lot too, even if it is just a more extreme version of the exact same gag of Parks and Rec., which is itself a variant on Michael's hate of Toby from The Office.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So Lockaw:
- Inhuman Royalty
- Honorary member of the Illuminati
- Literally saved the world in Infinity without breaking a sweat
- Likes hugs.

Basically is there anyone or anything cooler than Lockjaw? I think not.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So Lockaw:
- Inhuman Royalty
- Likes hugs.

Could Lockjaw temporarily transport an Earth to a new location in orbit around the sun and have the second Earth pass by thus tearing apart the incursion zone?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gatts posted:

Could Lockjaw temporarily transport an Earth to a new location in orbit around the sun and have the second Earth pass by thus tearing apart the incursion zone?

The last issue of Avengers said that moving Earth doesn't work.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So Lockaw:
- Inhuman Royalty
- Likes hugs.

- Collected all of the Infinity Gems with the Pet Avengers and defeated Thanos in single combat with them. It was a battle of wills and while Thanos is one of the most determined beings in the universe, no one is more dogged than Lockjaw. :smugdog:

And then he brought them to Black Bolt like a good boy.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
That dog has a mustache.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Man, gently caress Gary.

Next Issue:
Shut the gently caress up, Gary!
+5 on attack rolls against dudes named Gary.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Ror posted:

- Collected all of the Infinity Gems with the Pet Avengers and defeated Thanos in single combat with them. It was a battle of wills and while Thanos is one of the most determined beings in the universe, no one is more dogged than Lockjaw. :smugdog:

And then he brought them to Black Bolt like a good boy.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Captain Bravo posted:

That dog has a mustache.
Moustaches are good.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Medusa sent her to keep an eye on the Terrigen-empowered Ms. Marvel. She was gonna say "Hey Kamala you're an Inhuman come live with us now" but Wolverine told her it would be a bad idea.
#7 revealed that Kamala still had no idea about Inhumans, much less the Terrigen Bomb ("getting gassed with weird green mist and waking up with super-powers"), but for me the hilarity is in how it doesn't occur to any of the Khans that Lockjaw's anything but an amazingly oversized pit bull despite his forked antennae being front and center in plain sight.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So Lockaw:
- Inhuman Royalty
- Likes hugs.

On the other hand, he's a bulldog, so he had breathing issues and his face folds tend to get infected and his hips don't work and he's just generally one of the most inbred animals on the planet and a total abomination and mockery of nature.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Sep 8, 2014

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ghostlight posted:

Moustaches are good.

Please tell me this is JJJ.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Chortles posted:

#7 revealed that Kamala still had no idea about Inhumans, much less the Terrigen Bomb ("getting gassed with weird green mist and waking up with super-powers"), but for me the hilarity is in how it doesn't occur to any of the Khans that Lockjaw's anything but an amazingly oversized pit bull despite his forked antennae being front and center in plain sight.

It's New Jersey, they've seen weirder dogs.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nessus posted:

Please tell me this is JJJ.
Context!
It's Diablo and his mustache contains healing potion.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It might have been Egg-Fu's origin story.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Hakkesshu posted:

Marvel Universe: The End #1

I like how he's blaming Mubarak like it's the most obvious thing in the world. Like in the Marvel universe he's secretly some sort of low grade Egyptian themed Doctor Doom.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

Say Nothing posted:

It's Diablo and his mustache contains healing potion.
Of course it is!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's just a really sloppy drinker.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Spare time at work this morning, so I started reading through JL8 again. Makes me realize how sad I am it hardly ever updates. :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It probably wont ever update again!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/22/dc-comics-seeks-to-prevent-yale-stewarts-money-making-jl8-wallpapers/

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can understand it, honestly. He is profiting off their IP pretty unambiguously. The controversy also makes it a lot harder to turn a cheerful blind eye to it when the dude involved with it is getting into weird sexting things.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Awwww, poop. Not surprising, though.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Star Wars: Republic #16

The Jedi can be dicks sometimes.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Ki-Adi-Mundi doesn't give a gently caress.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Would Lumberjanes be suitable for an 8-year-old?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Don't see why not. Nothing too complex and definitely nothing inappropriate. They fight off some monsters, but those are on the level of the Stupid Stupid Rat Creatures from Bone.

They explain what the Fibonacci sequence is and what anagrams are, which is about as complex as the mystery has gotten so far.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 8, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

ManiacClown posted:

Would Lumberjanes be suitable for an 8-year-old?

I would say anything under the KaBoom! imprint would be age appropriate.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Someone should probably tell Hal that his wrists and ankles aren't made of metal.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
That is the face of a man who is faced with the grim terror of an oncoming dick punch.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Someone should probably tell Hal that his wrists and ankles aren't made of metal.

Well, ever since the accident..

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Edward_Tohr posted:

That is the face of a man who is faced with the grim terror of an oncoming dick punch.

Now I want to see a super-villain who's entire MO is punching heroes in the dick. No murders, heists, or doomsday weapons. Just a man and his fist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Canemacar posted:

Now I want to see a super-villain who's entire MO is punching heroes in the dick. No murders, heists, or doomsday weapons. Just a man and his fist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYJFzOzpwHo

• Locked thread