Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Nice. For RE 5, throw in the console exclusive DLC while you're at it Capcom. You never released it for PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How's Blazblue on steam? Is it an okay version or are there problems with it?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Green Man is having a weeklong Sega sale, today its Company of Heroes for mostly 75% off.

FirstAidKite posted:

How's Blazblue on steam? Is it an okay version or are there problems with it?
There's no online. You're better of getting Guilty Gear X2 which does.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 8, 2014

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

People who probably paid for Gender Bender DNA game ITT.

Leper Residue posted:

Nights into Dreams is 2.50, anyone know how the pc port is of it?

It's a good port.

Brother Buer
Oct 23, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

Green Man is having a weeklong Sega sale, today its Company of Heroes for mostly 75% off.

There is also a bundle with Alpha Protocol, Binary Domain, Crazy Taxi and Viking: Battle for Asgard for only $3.96. Get it now you fools!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Im_Special posted:

Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2 and Off The Record coming to Steamworks, thank you Capcom. Now we just need a PC version of Dragon's Dogma.
And I was tempted to start DR2:OTR as my next game; still great news!

Frank West has covered wars you know.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Im_Special posted:

Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2 and Off The Record coming to Steamworks, thank you Capcom. Now we just need a PC version of Dragon's Dogma.

Finally, I can play OTR and not have to deal with GFWL ever again.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://www.humblebundle.com/flash

That eight dollar tier is kinda hosed up.

And hey, Nihilumbra's a little more than a buck fifty in that sale. Pick it up, it's good.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Sober posted:

Honestly I had way more fun in FC2, especially if I just picked up a random mook's busted rear end weapon and used it and laughed super hard if it exploded in my hands or I got my rampage turned around and I had to scramble for cover trying to clear a jam or my malaria kicked in.

The buddy system alone edges out 3 for me. I actually felt like being some merc with only a semblance of a support team helped to establish the atmosphere overall. So much of the game seems to want you dead already, so it aided in feeling less helpless overall.

Retroblique
Oct 16, 2002

Now the wild world is lost, in a desert of smoke and straight lines.
Toki Tori 2+
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=YKSbYDNtnWpSzNeP

Girls Like Robots
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=2u3wm7DAXDx5U8C2

Edit: And gone.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Grabbed this one, thanks.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Grabbed Girls Like Robots. Thank you.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Justin_Brett posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com/flash

That eight dollar tier is kinda hosed up.

yea woodle tree adventures was a free giveaway somewhere recently and it looks lovely. I want where is my heart but it's $8 regularly.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Has anyone tried this Project Temporality in the Steam Weeklys yet? This is the first time I hear about it, and it isn't even Greenlight or Early Access.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I restarted my client and suddenly everything was in Russian. I've been on Steam the whole day (and the past 3 days or so, too) so it couldn't have been someone else logging on, right? I have SteamGuard on and VAC still in good standing. Even my wallet balance is still the same.

e: I've been using idlemaster, surely that's not it?

lordfrikk fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 8, 2014

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
Psychonauts is a dollar in the humble store. https://www.humblebundle.com/store Go get it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Saoshyant posted:

Haha, watch the video for that thing called Me and PostApocalypse 2. I dare you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyT3qvY_WiE

Is there a language where the original title maybe made even a little bit of sense.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

lordfrikk posted:

I restarted my client and suddenly everything was in Russian. I've been on Steam the whole day (and the past 3 days or so, too) so it couldn't have been someone else logging on, right? I have SteamGuard on and VAC still in good standing. Even my wallet balance is still the same.

e: I've been using idlemaster, surely that's not it?

That's something that just sort of happens, and I don't know if anybody's ever figured out why. You just need to manually set your language back to English.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Woodle Tree Adventures is a phenomenally awful game which is a shame because there's a severe lack of old school 3D platformers on PC and that hat girl game will probably never be finished.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Zedd posted:

And I was tempted to start DR2:OTR as my next game; still great news!

Frank West has covered wars you know.

I literally just beat Dead Rising 1 with the intention of moving on to DR2/OTR. :argh:

We've moved past "Don't buy games until they become dailies" to "Don't play games until GFWL/sequels get brought to Steam."

I wonder if this is pseudo tied to DR3. Maybe they had some sort of company milestone, sell enough copies and removing GFWL from the older games becomes much easier to pitch to the business execs because Steam is important.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 8, 2014

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Rookersh posted:

We've moved past "Don't buy games until they become dailies" to "Don't play games until GFWL/sequels get brought to Steam."

I don't buy games anywhere else because it's simply such a step-down from the convenience of having the game auto-patched and all DLC pre-installed :shrug: Origin is not too bad, at least in the sense that I haven't had a problem with the 3 or so games I somehow happen to have on my account. Ubisoft Game Launcher is just a terrible thing, it provides no convenience while a causing bunch of problems regularly. The other clients might as well not exist.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

According to Humble Store's email, The Swapper is supposed to be 80% off (currently 30% off) and Gone Home is supposed to be 60% off (currently 33% off), so hold off on buying those.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Other than Audiosurf and Beat Hazard, what other games generate levels/enemies/whatever based on your music? I love playing these kinds of games stoned but those are the only two I know about.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Quest For Glory II posted:

According to Humble Store's email, The Swapper is supposed to be 80% off (currently 30% off) and Gone Home is supposed to be 60% off (currently 33% off), so hold off on buying those.

weird, they were at the correct prices earlier. I just refreshed the tab and the prices jumped up.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Grey Elephants posted:

Other than Audiosurf and Beat Hazard, what other games generate levels/enemies/whatever based on your music? I love playing these kinds of games stoned but those are the only two I know about.

Crypt of the NecroDancer is pretty fun! Doesn't really generate things though. Only thing that matters is the beat.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Soundodger, vib ribbon

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Grey Elephants posted:

Symphony

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Accordion Man posted:

I thought Guilty Gear X2 was local-only? Either way, assuming I don't really care about the online, how is the PC port of Blazblue?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I got Scribblenauts: Unmasked and A Story About My Uncle from the humble sale. A pretty neat sale.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Im_Special posted:

This is awesome news.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Some notable Weeklong Deals on Steam:

Book of Unwritten Tales - $1.99
Book of Unritten Tales: Critter Chronicles - $1.99
Kairo - $1.49
Septerra Core - $0.74

Humble Store Deals not being featured:

Bardbarian - $1.39
Bastion - $3.74
Batman: Arkham City GOTY - $4.99
Batman: Arkham Origins - $7.49
Cloudbuilt - $4.99
Dust - $5.99
FEAR 3 - $4.99
Injustice Ultimate Edition - $10.19
LEGO series - $4.99 each
Mercenary Kings - $11.99
Monaco - $1.49
Mortal Kombat Complete Edition - $4.99
Nidhogg - $4.99
Not the Robots - $2.49
Paper Sorcerer - $2.49
Pixeljunk Shooter - $1.34
Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe - $1.49
Proteus - $3.32
Risk of Rain - $4.99
Steam Marines - $3.74
Steamworld Dig - $2.49
Stealth Bastard Deluxe - $1.49
Story About My Uncle - $7.79
Tower of Guns - $4.79
Volgarr the Viking - $3.99

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 8, 2014

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Yo, here's a juicy bit of news for you: Metal Slug X is coming to Steam, and it comes out October 2nd.

Seventh_Samurai
Jul 5, 2007
dick blick
What was the consensus on Lili: Child of Geos? I remember there being some talk about it when it first came out but remember any endorsements.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Some notable Weeklong Deals on Steam:

Book of Unwritten Tales - $1.99
Book of Unritten Tales: Critter Chronicles - $1.99
Kairo - $1.49
Septerra Core - $0.74

Note about Septerra Core though: unless they fixed it, there's a bug with the steam version where the fmvs don't play and the dialogue scenes move too fast for the audio so you'll miss a bunch of stuff and it'll gently caress up a lot. There is a fix but it involves manually replacing the exe with an updated version of the exe or something and I'm not sure how it works or what the legality of it is

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

FirstAidKite posted:

and I'm not sure how it works or what the legality of it is

I would think that if you are sold a broken product it's within your rights to do whatever it takes in order to fix that product.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Just how replayable is Expeditions: Conquistador? Mighty tempted to get it at 60%.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Azran posted:

Just how replayable is Expeditions: Conquistador? Mighty tempted to get it at 60%.

It's been in $5 bundles, FYI.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Azran posted:

It's been $5 before, but 6 or 7 dollars is still a great price if you will actually play it right now.

You can make different choices, I guess. It's really a good game. Are you really going to want to spend 18-20 hours multiple times on one game within a span of a year?

You should get it and play it. You'll have fun.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Zombie Samurai posted:

It's been in $5 bundles, FYI.

also $2 in that only bundle that one site ever did. but it's still probably worth it since it's not a game that's constantly bundled or on sale unless you don't mind waiting.

e: and just as I say that I decide to check it out and find this http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/reboot-bundle-6/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Awesome! posted:

e: and just as I say that I decide to check it out and find this http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/reboot-bundle-6/

Now THIS is a great bundle for Expeditions alone, and bonus for getting a really cool looking Rock of Ages as well. I don't care about the other games in that list.

• Locked thread