Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

oops wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Sham bam bamina! posted:

MicrosoftR MSNTM One.1 for LiveTM 365 with ClearTypeTM Update 1
student, home, business, or ultimate edition?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

apparently this was deemed not obvious enough

yeah it looks super bad

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

qirex posted:

during the fox halftime show the dudes at the desk all have bright blue surfaces with a very visible Surface name printed on them in front of each person and it's really obnoxious

so now they're turquoise and white

their desks actually have a glass piece that they place screens under and feed into to. that's where these should go, but then... also notice the surfaces are not on top of that glass, so they're probably still using whatever's underneath (a macbook)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

PleasureKevin posted:

their desks actually have a glass piece that they place screens under and feed into to. that's where these should go, but then... also notice the surfaces are not on top of that glass, so they're probably still using whatever's underneath (a macbook)

obviously they're not using them because who wants to actually touch a surface

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sniep posted:

wait

they are looking at playbooks and drawing on top of them. that's it. it's a sketch pad and reference to playbooks. that's media loving consumption. consuming the media in the books, drawing red lines on it.

an ipad is ideal and a surface is forced and unnecessary and overcomplicated for the task

they are calling it an "ipad-like device" because it's "kinda like an ipad but not as good"

whats really stupid is that they're surface 2 pros. like this is one thing that a windows rt tablet would work for and apparently MS didn't trust it enough

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

oh wait windows rt doesn't support imaging or active directory!

sorry, they had to use surface pros

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

iPads are taking over in enterprise because Microsoft's offering has less AD integration

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hobbesmaster posted:

whats really stupid is that they're surface 2 pros. like this is one thing that a windows rt tablet would work for and apparently MS didn't trust it enough

i'm sure they give the nfl whatever gadgets they want to sell the most

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hobbesmaster posted:

iPads are taking over in enterprise because Microsoft's offering has less AD integration

:staredog:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

then why did they give away surface 2s after the surface 3 is out?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hobbesmaster posted:

was the surface 3 out before nfl training camp started? probably can't switch things up mid-season

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

probably because they have warehouses full of them so sending 50 to every NFL stadium is no big deal

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hobbesmaster posted:

surface 2 pros.

surfaces 2 pro

hobbesmaster posted:

surface pros

surfaces pro

graph posted:

surfaces pro

thank you

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
surface pros before hos

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

i changed my password

apparently i have a bunch of open terminal sessions scattered around the domain logged in with the wrong credentials, and they continue to lock my account

this has been going on ALL DAY LONG. Ask someone to unlock my account, work for a while, find I can't log into any Linux machines anymore, unlock my account and attempt to track down what shithead windows server I'm still logged into again. Go back to the beginning of these steps.

why isn't there a damned "LOG ME OUT OF EVERYTHING IN THE DOMAIN IDGAF" button in windows? i thought this was The Enterprise?

e: Microsoft made a tool to help with this situation, but all it tells you is which domain controller most recently noticed a bad password. it doesn't bother telling you which system tried to auth, and leaves you on your own to work through the lmao Event Viewer to find whatever it was.

minivanmegafun fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Sep 8, 2014

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Thanks Ants posted:

why would people want to use lync when hipchat exists?

because your boss already spent millions of dollars on lync without talking to anyone

now go make it work, computer slave

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
no one who has actually implemented or used lync could possibly recommend it to others. it costs a bloody fortune, it will never work right, and for all practical intents and purposes, it requires you to throw away all your existing phones

in terms of how little is delivered for how much money, it is the worst microsoft product. possibly rivaled only by sharepoint

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

god bless them

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Programmer Humor posted:

surfaces 2 pro

surfaces pro

thank you

i actually asked Brand about this once and there was no clear answer, the closest thing to a consensus was "surface pro 2 devices" where "surface pro 2" is replaced with the specific variant

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i'm the suddenly attentive capitalization and dropped articles regarding iPad and Surface Pro

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

it is the worst microsoft product. possibly rivaled only by sharepoint

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

qirex posted:

during the fox halftime show the dudes at the desk all have bright blue surfaces with a very visible Surface name printed on them in front of each person and it's really obnoxious

so now they're turquoise and white

all three of those men seem hardly able to tolerate the presence of those offensive ipad-like tools

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”
are those tiny american flag lapel pins?

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

duTrieux. posted:

i actually asked Brand about this once and there was no clear answer, the closest thing to a consensus was "surface pro 2 devices" where "surface pro 2" is replaced with the specific variant

yeah, i can see how no one would think about this. i wanted to make a Whoppers Junior-type gimmick but this is the first time in a year there has been enough surfaces in a room to warrant anyone talking about them in plural.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Surfeces

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

raruler posted:

pretty sure they actually say the name of the show (nfl on fox)

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

raruler posted:

uhhh yeah, this is a post 9/11 world we're living in

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Programmer Humor posted:

yeah, i can see how no one would think about this. i wanted to make a Whoppers Junior-type gimmick but this is the first time in a year there has been enough surfaces in a room to warrant anyone talking about them in plural.

i hear ya

(that "whoppers jr" bit from the onion is one of the best thigns they've ever done)

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

duTrieux. posted:

i hear ya

(that "whoppers jr" bit from the onion is one of the best thigns they've ever done)

I am partial to http://www.theonion.com/articles/why-do-all-these-homosexuals-keep-sucking-my-cock,10861/

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i, too, love it when the onion repeats the same joke 18 times

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Condiv posted:

all three of those men seem hardly able to tolerate the presence of those offensive ipad-like tools

cant even find a photo of the new ones with all the logos and poo poo it looks bad bad

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

PleasureKevin posted:

so ipad sucks because it wasn't first, and surface rules because it.. was third??

They called the third iPad-like device the Surface One.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
criminy

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

they'll call it the Surface One cause that's how many they're going to sell

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Microsoft rebrands Bing apps to MSN

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

raruler posted:

whatever your conception of how :911: football is, that pales in comparison to the real thing.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

that's got to be a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

At this point msoft should just try to make ipad a genericized trademark and sell tablets by that name to dilute the brand

• Locked thread