Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

alarumklok posted:

Yeah, the game runs like absolute garbage and I'm frightened about losing my pixels, so I'm taking a hiatus until they get their poo poo together, which is good because I just realized DkS2 has DLC. Nanites are eating like 1/10 shots, I randomly drop to 15 FPS and stay that way until I restart, random crashes and freezes, and the assortment of new and exciting bugs are much worse than invisible rocks in biolabs or the usual SOE poo poo.

No loving cowboy hat either, what the gently caress.

An indefinite hiatus it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Nakar posted:

"Maybe VS players just suck" is a hilarious theory, but it's also seemingly at odds with reality.

Any time someone goes "All people who play 'X' just suck", they are wrong. It doesn't even matter the game.

The same goes for people who scream about how OP TR guns are, and how if the TR weren't bad they would Warpgate everyone.

When something is actually overpowered people flock to it. I remember NC sitting at 45% of Global Population for a couple of weeks when Surgile Quadshot broke Planetside 1. If TR guns were as good as half of the people in this thread think they are TR would be constantly at a massive global population advantage.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Personally I run a grip on just about every gun on my TR/VS alts (unless it takes exmag or ALS), but have never bought a single one on my NC main. Not even on light assault loadouts (where the laser hardly does anything, since if you're not ADSing you're jumping and maxing out the CoF anyway), because I have trouble even telling the difference in the first place.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 8, 2014

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Ryuga Death posted:

What's better on the MSR-W? Grip or laser? Is it meant to be a hipfire LMG thing that looks like an AR?

I air auraxed this gun with a grip. Put it on the enemies right shoulder and ride the recoil up to the head.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Xae posted:

Any time someone goes "All people who play 'X' just suck", they are wrong. It doesn't even matter the game.

The same goes for people who scream about how OP TR guns are, and how if the TR weren't bad they would Warpgate everyone.

When something is actually overpowered people flock to it. I remember NC sitting at 45% of Global Population for a couple of weeks when Surgile Quadshot broke Planetside 1. If TR guns were as good as half of the people in this thread think they are TR would be constantly at a massive global population advantage.

Speaking of crazy weapons that nobody seems to use, I picked up the Banshee for my TR alt... :stare:

If they put that thing on the harasser, the PPA arguments are going to look like mild disagreements in comparison.

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 8, 2014

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

BabelFish posted:

If they put that thing on the harasser, the PPA fart
That's exactly why they should.

While the rest of us patiently wait for Higby to decide that shotguns shouldn't be poo poo :waycool:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Xae posted:

I think there's a difference between bullshit and overpowered.

Bullshit is basically "This thing is just good, straight-up all-around good, where other things like it have to compromise in ways this thing doesn't." The TORQ is basically bullshit, maybe borderline OP, but it's not actually OP. It would be OP if it had the Cycler TRV's DPS and it does not. Similarly the Terminus is bullshit in that it's just an absolutely rock-solid weapon in every sense with no weakness, but it's called so slightly less because VS have desperately needed something that good. But it's not OP either. Mercies and Blueshifts are bullshit on MAXes because they have more accuracy than MAX weapons are generally meant to have, but they're probably not overpowered. The Heavy shield is bullshit, but it isn't overpowered and is arguably supposed to be bullshit as being bullshit combat gods is part of the Heavy Assault package.

Overpowered is basically "This thing is so polarizing that anyone who has access to it must use it and fighting against it is utterly un-fun." ZOE was overpowered; if you ran VS MAX you ran it because it was ridiculously advantageous to move that fast, and it wasn't any fun to fight against MAXes that walked faster than infantry sprinted. Prowler HE at launch was overpowered, it simply chewed through infantry at a ludicrous rate compared to Lightning/Magrider/Vanguard HE (which were themselves pretty crazy). The Liberator has at various times been overpowered, especially Liberatorside in beta.

Similarly there's "crap" guns and "underpowered" guns. Battle Rifles are "crap" guns in that they're highly specialized and below-average in damage output for the difficulty of use, but they're actually perfectly serviceable guns. The Longshot is crap in that it's just another sniper rifle and has a weird gimmick. The Corvus is crap in that it's got too little damage output for its accuracy, but it does at least have the accuracy it promises. The Spiker is underpowered, in that it is absolute dogshit people only use for a laugh. The Ranger is underpowered, in that it's shittier than a Walker which does everything better than it does. The Aspis Phalanx Anti-Infantry turret is underpowered, in that it sucks and is not bulky enough to stand up to rockets and air and kills mans less efficiently than the Anti-Vehicle version.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Xae posted:

TR tends to attract horrible people which is why they are struggling on almost every server. VS tends to attract the try hard MMO raider types that work together really well which is why VS hits above its weight on most servers. NC is the middle ground with horrible players flocking to the good weapons and the try hards admitting they could do alot better with better weapons.

When VS/NC primary groups 4th faction as TR they do abnormally good. The same thing can be said with VS primary groups playing as NC--compare vonics NC char to his VS one and you'll see the difference that NC guns give a VS player.

This is why guns should be lootable, you'd clearly see the unbalanced guns with usage. How many NC/TR players would loot and use a pulsar/corvus vs how many NC/VS players would be using the TROQ/reaper/tross/gauss/cycler/sabr13.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Arghy posted:

This is why guns should be lootable, you'd clearly see the unbalanced guns with usage. How many NC/TR players would loot and use a pulsar/corvus vs how many NC/VS players would be using the TROQ/reaper/tross/gauss/cycler/sabr13.

I support this solely for the fun of a combined Phoenix/Lancer camp.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I would loot MCGs forever

Bonus points for cross-class pickups, I would place an AI turret as cover and then use the MCG in place of it because the gun on the AI turret is dogshit, also I have practically infinite ammo because I set up an ammo pack 5 feet away

(this is exactly why it doesn't happen)

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 8, 2014

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I really miss the inventory Tetris from PS1, now that I think about it. I had a locker full of Repeaters and Beamers I took as trophies from other cloakers, and because I'm a hardcore logistics RPer I enjoyed bouncing around the back lines of Cyssor with an ATV full of explosives for genbusting.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
If we had a locker system like in PS1, my locker would literally be full of TORQ's and only TORQ's.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

It doesn't need to be inventory tetris you can literally have a loving check box pop up when you kill someone giving you a chance to loot something off them. It could be a charger, nanites, a random weapon or a trophy. The gun would be of limited use so when you died you'd have a chance to damage the gun and lose access to it.

You kill 15 TR and get 4 loot boxes, the loot box has an option of what you would like to do with it. You pick weapon from all 4 and it looks at the load out of who ever you killed to get that loot box and rolls to see what weapon your going to get. You get 1 carbine(trac 5), 1 pistol(repeater) and 2 AR's(TROQ). You then go to a terminal and edit your medics loadout to include the TROQ. You get killed 6 times while using the gun, on your loadout screen the TROQ now shows as (2) and the one you have equipped shows 69/100 as its durability. You have the option to repair your current TROQ by consuming the spare or just waiting till its finally destroyed and swapping to your spare.

Oh poo poo i just created a massive content patch that requires minimal work besides some coding and swapping tracer color!

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Arghy posted:

Oh poo poo i just created a massive content patch that requires minimal work besides some coding and swapping tracer color!

If they change tracer colors for weapons, they'll end up breaking vehicle physics or something.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

rarbatrol posted:

If they change tracer colors for weapons, they'll end up breaking vehicle physics or something.

Considering they broke vehicle physics by changing some sunderer rendering issues a couple of patches ago, I can certainly see this happening.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Well this is SOE the renown small indie developer with the worlds smallest dev team, its rude to expect to much from them.

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

I would not be able to cope with being shot by lancers

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Arghy posted:

It doesn't need to be inventory tetris you can literally have a loving check box pop up when you kill someone giving you a chance to loot something off them. It could be a charger, nanites, a random weapon or a trophy. The gun would be of limited use so when you died you'd have a chance to damage the gun and lose access to it.

You kill 15 TR and get 4 loot boxes, the loot box has an option of what you would like to do with it. You pick weapon from all 4 and it looks at the load out of who ever you killed to get that loot box and rolls to see what weapon your going to get. You get 1 carbine(trac 5), 1 pistol(repeater) and 2 AR's(TROQ). You then go to a terminal and edit your medics loadout to include the TROQ. You get killed 6 times while using the gun, on your loadout screen the TROQ now shows as (2) and the one you have equipped shows 69/100 as its durability. You have the option to repair your current TROQ by consuming the spare or just waiting till its finally destroyed and swapping to your spare.

Yes, Arghy, the "minimal work patch" of adding a whole loot and durability system to a F2P MMOFPS.

I guess it fits right alongside your "minor Lasher buff" that was a +66% dps increase plus some other stuff.

...Ahem, sorry. I meant:

Arghy of the Galaxy

Teenage Mutant Ninja Arghy

If I Arghy

Let's Be Arghy

The November September Arghy

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Arghy posted:

TR tends to attract horrible people which is why they are struggling on almost every server. VS tends to attract the try hard MMO raider types that work together really well which is why VS hits above its weight on most servers. NC is the middle ground with horrible players flocking to the good weapons and the try hards admitting they could do alot better with better weapons.

When VS/NC primary groups 4th faction as TR they do abnormally good. The same thing can be said with VS primary groups playing as NC--compare vonics NC char to his VS one and you'll see the difference that NC guns give a VS player.

By "most servers" you mean Emerald.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Xae posted:

Why do you think the majority of pro-tier MLG outfits rolled VS in PS2? Hint: the Orion may have something to do with it.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Durendal posted:

Why do you think the majority of pro-tier MLG outfits rolled VS in PS2? Hint: the Orion may have something to do with it.

Do you have any names? Because the ones I know of were VS in PS1.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Durendal posted:

But the anchor is just as good and you get access to all that other good NC stuff? I chose VS because VS has always appealed to me but if i were to choose a faction for competitive play i'd choose NC hands down every time.

HA: anchor
ME: gauss S
LA: bandit
EN: ACX
IN: cyclone

Thats pretty much the most cheese MLG loadout you can get and you have of course have options that are all awesome where VS is literally stuck with 1-2 guns to choose from thats all for MLG cheese.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Arghy posted:

But the anchor is just as good and you get access to all that other good NC stuff? I chose VS because VS has always appealed to me but if i were to choose a faction for competitive play i'd choose NC hands down every time.

HA: anchor
ME: gauss S
LA: bandit
EN: ACX
IN: cyclone

Thats pretty much the most cheese MLG loadout you can get and you have of course have options that are all awesome where VS is literally stuck with 1-2 guns to choose from thats all for MLG cheese.

to sum up why the orion posts such insane stats, it's not just because its good, it's because it's the only real option VS HA has. When you only have one good gun, you're going to get really loving good at clicking heads with it.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Mortimer posted:

to sum up why the orion posts such insane stats, it's not just because its good, it's because it's the only real option VS HA has. When you only have one good gun, you're going to get really loving good at clicking heads with it.

:munch:

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap

Arghy posted:

This is why guns should be lootable.

What about craftable weapons?
What if you could kill the various factions and get little bits of equipment through the implant drop system that you could mix together in the implant re-roller as a formula to make bootleg versions of a select few of the enemy's weapons?

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Holy poo poo they fixed splash in VR on test! Oh yeah also the new striker is on it.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Arghy posted:

Tropic Arghy.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Mortimer posted:

Source your dumb forumside posts please

e: also Arghy movie title posts sick jokes

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Pand posted:

Holy poo poo they fixed splash in VR on test! Oh yeah also the new striker is on it.

Functional VR splash is also on live! :dance:

and it only took them a year and a half to get around to it too

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
For the TR MAX, should it have two of the same chainguns or a different type of chaingun on each arm? Like a mercy and a mutilator?

Also, after trying out the pounders in a fight, why would/does anyone bother with the fractures?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Pand posted:

Tell me about [the new striker]

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

^^
Well, it is a handheld coyote launcher now. The Damage output is fairly low and it has for some reason a big splash radius.

Ryuga Death posted:

Also, after trying out the pounders in a fight, why would/does anyone bother with the fractures?

Range.

Pand fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 9, 2014

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Ryuga Death posted:

For the TR MAX, should it have two of the same chainguns or a different type of chaingun on each arm? Like a mercy and a mutilator?

Fractures were amazing bullshit when released, also easier to hit stuff at range?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Arghy posted:

requires minimal work besides some coding!

Further proof Arghy has no loving clue what he's saying 99% of the time.

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."

Arghy posted:

Looting doesn't sound fun at all. Glad that died with PS1.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Functional VR splash is also on live! :dance:

and it only took them a year and a half to get around to it too

Now if only they could fix the engine. Again.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Mortimer posted:

Yes, because .75 ADS plus HA shields in a 143/750 package with the second best LMG accuracy in the game has nothing to do with it being used all the time.

Also ZOE was always balanced and the PPA is fine.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Durendal posted:

Which ones changed factions?

Most of the ones I recognized stayed the same.

kidRiot posted:

Looting doesn't sound fun at all. Glad that died with PS1.

Looting and inventory management were dumb and I'm glad they're gone. The new system is just about as good with infinitely less pain the rear end when you accidentally overwrite a load out.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Pand posted:

^^
Well, it is a handheld coyote launcher now.

Now where did I put that, oh here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

SOE are shooting themselves in the foot by not having looting/lockers/whatever is PS2 for one simple reason: Stationcash.

Imagine how much more they'd make selling 5-packs of 'looted' TORQs to VS/NC players at like 200SC a pop or something.

• Locked thread