Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Sounds like you're off to a good start. Remember that every production flight is a test flight and rescues are 90% of the job.

I tried, but couldn't reach him in the wonky orbit he somehow achieved with the vanilla parts the campaign was letting me use at that point. RIP in space Jeb. Any recommendations for some nice add-ons I should try?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
MechJeb. It's an autopilot.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

mechjeb is for scrubsssssss

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
guess what, real astronauts don't do any loving flying and rockets are controlled by computers, SCRUB :colbert:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Mechjeb doesn't work well with Ferram Aerospace installed last I remembered. It's nice for orbital rendezvous though. It's a good idea to get decent at launching/orbiting/landing/docking etc before just automating it as well in case Mechjeb fucks up or you gently caress up some how.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i was just fuckin around cuz this is GiP :shrug:
i don't really care whether or not someone uses a program for a video game. man people get mad about that poo poo, like way too loving much. kill all spergs, is what i'm trying to say.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bolow posted:

mechjeb is for scrubsssssss

That's like saying you hate books because you can't read. Learn your plugins, scrub.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Bolow posted:

Mechjeb doesn't work well with Ferram Aerospace installed last I remembered. It's nice for orbital rendezvous though. It's a good idea to get decent at launching/orbiting/landing/docking etc before just automating it as well in case Mechjeb fucks up or you gently caress up some how.

This poo poo right here is neckbeard level of sperginess.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

That's like saying you hate books because you can't read. Learn your plugins, scrub.

Kerbal Engineer gives me all the delta v calculations and poo poo I need. I really only use mechjeb to get into orbit for the 100000000th time these days

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
mechjeb is p tite

having a nominal grasp on orbital mechanics is also p tite because sometimes a stage separation doesn't go as intended and breaks your mechjob module

edit: destiny will prob be p tite, downloading it now I guess

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
45yroldvirgin.jpg

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Well gleep and I played madden online today. Timing kicks is all hosed up compared to offline mode.

Also we had like 5 turn overs each because we suck at pig skin.

Too bad destiny comes out tonight. Probably not going to play madden again ever lol

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Sometimes game mechanics just escape me. Slingers shouldn't be able to break a 3/4 strong formation of Rorarii on the charge, for example.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Who wants to make a Destiny PS4 fireteam with a scrub like me tomorrow lmk I still have to download it

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Godholio posted:

Sometimes game mechanics just escape me. Slingers shouldn't be able to break a 3/4 strong formation of Rorarii on the charge, for example.

rorarii are scrub trash to be offered as a sacrifice on the altar of battle to bloody mars

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's why I sent them to run off the skirmishers while the Principes and Triarii fought the enemy general's heavy spears. Didn't work.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Totally down for Destiny antics tomorrow

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Godholio posted:

That's why I sent them to run off the skirmishers while the Principes and Triarii fought the enemy general's heavy spears. Didn't work.

theres really sparse historical infos about rorarii anyway, and they were probably like admin pogs so it makes sense that theyd get their asses kicked in a combat situation :hist101:

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Godholio posted:

Just recruit a champion and attach him to your army. Eventually all your scrub tier dudes wont rout when someone skins their knee.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Just recruit a champion and attach him to your army. Eventually all your scrub tier dudes wont rout when someone skins their knee.

yea morale is one of the most important stats your dudes have. a bunch of big scary guys in heavy armor arent worth poo poo if they tuck tail after taking 10% casualties. rorarii have garbage morale and theyre pretty lightly armored, so those slingers pelting them in their dumb faces and inflicting 25% casualties on them as they charged probably triggered a morale shock, and they failed the check then ran like bitches

the only place rorarii really have is as a last ditch reserve, and theyd be best used against light cavalry. keep in mind the total war battle system is rock paper scissors but with spears swords/axes and cav instead

use light cav or skirmishers to check enemy missile troops

ps having a champ is crucial, and before long you will have silver/gold ranked units, and theyre leagues better than rank 1 clowns. then you can pull of poo poo like this

before

after

before

during

lotta gauls linin up for their turn

hard to find your footing on a carpet of bloody corpses

nothing like 6000 dead gauls packed like sardines on your ramparts to ruin property values

flipside you can pull off siege assaults that would be impossible otherwise

there is no way that an attacker outnumbered twice over should pull off 10:1 kill ratio but elite units with a badass general can do it. the handful of legionary units you see in the red i actually had to pull back from the melee or else they would have fought to the death

spot the flying head

hi were new to the neighborhood we brought a cassarole! its made out of your soon to be corpses!

carrion crow peepin his next meal :yum:

1171 water dawgs got their work cut out for them

it use to be such a nice area before those greasy meatballs showed up

2 cohorts are maneuvering beyond those huts to envelop the last stand of the gauls in their village square. they didnt put up much resistance after this

im getting close to conquering these savages, despite their best efforts to thwart me. ive resorted to looting every village i conquer just to scrape by. my coin purse is loving tight, im only pulling in 1500 talents a turn if im lucky. central france is a loving nightmare of rebellions and guerrilla warfare horseshit. every captured barbarian is put to the sword. some villages ive had to retake a half dozen times. militia serving in town garrisons have a life expectancy of a few weeks if theyre lucky. but im making forward progress. more tribes have been extinguished from time, more subjects brought to heel under the might of my legions. only a small strip of land and the unwashed subhumans that call it home keeps the empire from the channel, and soon i will bring the purifying flame of rome to all of gaul :twisted:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

KFFF never stop

hell, make a thread for this

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
KFFF for secdef.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
All you Destiny nigs join my welfare queens clan. https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/192697

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Helldump Immunity. posted:

KFFF for secdef.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Terminal Lance did a strip about Christoff? Cool.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm working fuckers but I just remote started my download through my phone technology rules

Wonder how many people really called in sick today though. Lots of goons took the week off work and one dude is dragging his PS4 on his honeymoon

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Christoff posted:

one dude is dragging his PS4 on his honeymoon

There are still people dumb enough to get married?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

bluegoon posted:

Taking my PS4 with me, getting married next week Saturday, going to play some on Friday night, and hopefully on my honeymoon too, hope the game goes well with 3G.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I refuse to believe that is real.

Also psn: ItsBritneyB-word.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Also psn: ItsBritneyB-word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0zDqswmiF0

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
so in rome 2, whats the deal with dudes you are at war with sitting 2-3 armys on the coast and not trying to land and not moving them for like 10+ turns?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just got set up and ready for some Destiny action. PSN: The_Perfect_Dump

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ded posted:

so in rome 2, whats the deal with dudes you are at war with sitting 2-3 armys on the coast and not trying to land and not moving them for like 10+ turns?

could be an ai bug

what difficulty you playing on and what coast?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

could be an ai bug

what difficulty you playing on and what coast?

default diff, this was right off roma.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

ded posted:

Waiting for you to move your army out of town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
who knows. i said gently caress it and sent a 7 ship fleet at them and killed ~2000 dudes

• Locked thread