Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, oath a Terminator Librarian, 5 Assault Marines, 10 Guardsmen, and a command squad for September:

And for Cut N' Swap I cut off the gun grip in the Marine's hand and gave him a reverse-gripped knife:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Monoliths posted:

:parrot:JUDGEMENT OF JULY:parrot:
Yep, sorry it took me ages...

1 Point - thespaceinvader

These two kept catching my eye as I was making my decisions, so I'm happy I get to say how much I like them now! Though each individual shot is framed fairly small in the admittedly convenient collage, I'm certain these are really great paint jobs. They evoke completely different landscapes and lighting conditions surrounding them. The green cloak of the ranger is beautiful, and I feel could actually provide decent camouflage in a sun-dappled forest. The lantern fella suggests a bleak and dreary dusk to me, in which the light of the lantern seems surprisingly bright to gloom-accustomed eyes. I especially like the shot from behind, it shows off the spectrum of values nicely.

2 Points - Grey Hunter

These fellas really stand out to me, they look so handsome in their splendid uniforms. Everything is crisp and well-defined, quite a feat at such a tiny scale. The red and blue look great together, sharing dominance of the scheme tactfully. The gold and yellow is maybe my favorite part, it creates super tasty ornamental glints even at a fair distance. The decorative borders on the flags are wonderful, they are fine enough to really sell the scale well. Same goes for the grass, actually, it looks natural next to those tiny chaps.

3 Points - Laika The Space Dog

This tells such a nice tale. Well, probably a violent and gore-spraying one, actually. You have several color schemes going on in the same piece, in addition to two different lighting effects from three different directions (!), but you bring it together well with an eye-catching, comic-book style. I can imagine the rest of the lab around them with just what you've given us here. I enjoy how the scheme works in ascending rings; first the oranges around the base and overalls, then the purple of the apparatus, then the blue glow and hat, then the various earth tones of the minotaur. The greens on either side frame the ideal viewing angle, and the lightly colored shirt and skin of our doomed hero provide a focus of brightness which contrasts with the duller but much more aggressive silhouette of his murderous new friend. Great work!

Bonus Jurnal Point - Slimnoid

All your characters this month are fantastic, it is true, but I do want to bring special attention to glowy molten goo going on here. You totally nailed the look; the bright, rich, hot yellow tapering out to warm grey. I am worried for these people showing off their moves right next to it. What if a little bit burped out and got in a pocket or unoccupied gun holster? Adventure safely, folks.

Holy poo poo I think that's the first time I've ever got a judgepoint! Thanks!

I got a new camera as a wedding gift, so I should be able to take MUCH better pics now!

I've been trying to collage them for judge convenience mostly.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Certainly did find the easy reference of multiple angles handy, so thanks! I guess a compromise could be little closeup boxes like some of the mini companies do?

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath 5 Cyborks, all GWish and 28mm:

The Boyz are all cut with Kromlech bits. The Nob is a mix of various parts:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath a Terminator Librarian, 5 Assault Marines, 10 Guardsmen, and a command squad for September:

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C oath 5 Cyborks, all GWish and 28mm:

Oaths Accepted!

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

OATH ADDITION

1 GW Orc Warboss

There was some other stuff I intended to oath, but after loving up in priming, I stripped them, and hosed up again so that's on hold. These guys have to be done by next saturday for a tournament, though, so if there's more fight in me afterwards I'll oath a bunch of goblins or something.

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

I, forkbanger, oath (counts-as) Toshiro the Daimyo, 2 Komainu (temple dogs), 2 Low River Monks, 2 Katanaka Snipers, a Peasant, and a Lone Swordsman for September-

These guys are 30mm Bushido, and will be additions to my Malifaux Ten Thunders crews.

A_Bluenoser
Jan 13, 2008
...oh where could that fish be?...
Nap Ghost
I, A_Bluenoser, oath these 48 Napoleonic British line infantry with a command group. They are 6mm by Baccus Miniatures.

Finally done a year of re-training, finished moving countries and not going offshore this month so time to get back into painting!

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

I, rzal, oath the following:
one 25mm wizard sculpted by Julie Guthrie. I got it in a big lot on eBay awhile back and don't know who made it anymore.
one 25mm wizard sculpted by Tre Manor from Red Box games.
one 28mm halfling chef from GW.
two 28mm Dryads/Treefolk/IDK from GW.

I ended up taking two photos because in one it is easier to see the date and in the other it is easier to see the minis.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I, drgnvale, oath for the month of September:
One converted Space Marine librarian on a bike

28MM Games Workshop

Original model:

He also has a bunch of random bits, the space baby is from the overpriced plastic librarian that came out last year, the bike is a mix of a normal bike kit and the dark angels upgrade sprue (wing handle thing, book) and the sword (not visible in the above pictures) is the big rear end two-handed sword from the vanguard vets box with the hand removed and the handle shortened. I didn't take pictures of all of those bits before attaching them, but I can find sprue pictures on the internet if I need to.
I tried for a while to get the model in focus and still have the screen readable, and I gave up. I need to get my phone working and start using that for the time photos...

I also lost my command squad sprue, so I'll just be oathing this fellow for now. If I can find that, I'll do an addition and try for a themed group.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

A_Bluenoser posted:

I, A_Bluenoser, oath these 48 Napoleonic British line infantry with a command group. They are 6mm by Baccus Miniatures.

Finally done a year of re-training, finished moving countries and not going offshore this month so time to get back into painting!

Hi there 6mm oath brother/sister/alien from dimension X

Monoliths posted:

:parrot:JUDGEMENT OF JULY:parrot:

2 Points - Grey Hunter

These fellas really stand out to me, they look so handsome in their splendid uniforms. Everything is crisp and well-defined, quite a feat at such a tiny scale. The red and blue look great together, sharing dominance of the scheme tactfully. The gold and yellow is maybe my favorite part, it creates super tasty ornamental glints even at a fair distance. The decorative borders on the flags are wonderful, they are fine enough to really sell the scale well. Same goes for the grass, actually, it looks natural next to those tiny chaps.

Also points! I'm so proud!

(I was also going to say at some point that the judges are biased towards larger scales, then you just go and prove me wrong!)

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 7, 2014

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011

In other news, I, BirdieBedtime, do Oath a lot of poo poo. One fully magnetized Warmachine Monstrosity (Privateer Press), one Chaos Space Marine Aspiring Champion (GW), and two CSM Bolters (GW).

Next month I should do some of the 15mm models I have lying around, jump on the itty bitty train.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I Indolent Bastard oath two Chaos Cultists (Games Workshop)
Have a blurry picture of the minis, but look how clear the time stamp is!

Don't worry I have clear shots of the models with the Cut N' Swap heads

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 7, 2014

Greyish Orange
Apr 1, 2010

I Greyish Orange, Oath five marines and a razorback. (GW)

Primed white while the weather held out and was good.

Greyish Orange fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 9, 2014

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following minis for the month of September 2014:
20 Grave Guard with Pikes
1 Wight King

All 20mm Games Workshop figures. The Grave Guard are converted, normally they don't have Pikes and instead look like this:

Pikes were added by cutting off the hand weapons (great weapons in the front rank), drilling through the hands and adding some metal pikes I bought a while back (can't find the box with the company name).

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Greyish Orange posted:

I Greyish Orange, Oath five marines and a razorback. (GW)

Primed white while the weather held out and was good.

God drat that awesome old box art.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

A_Bluenoser posted:

rzal posted:

I, rzal, oath the following:
one 25mm wizard sculpted by Julie Guthrie. I got it in a big lot on eBay awhile back and don't know who made it anymore.
one 25mm wizard sculpted by Tre Manor from Red Box games.
one 28mm halfling chef from GW.
two 28mm Dryads/Treefolk/IDK from GW.

drgnvale posted:

I, drgnvale, oath for the month of September:
One converted Space Marine librarian on a bike

BirdieBedtime posted:

In other news, I, BirdieBedtime, do Oath a lot of poo poo. One fully magnetized Warmachine Monstrosity (Privateer Press), one Chaos Space Marine Aspiring Champion (GW), and two CSM Bolters (GW).

Indolent Bastard posted:

I Indolent Bastard oath two Chaos Cultists (Games Workshop)
Have a blurry picture of the minis, but look how clear the time stamp is!

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following minis for the month of September 2014:
20 Grave Guard with Pikes
1 Wight King

Oaths Accepted!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

krushgroove posted:

Think of the CUT part as metaphorical, as long as you swap something for something else it's good.
Excellent! I'll post my oath tonight after work!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, hereby oath an entire Mantic DreadBall human team (2 Guards, 4 Strikers, 4 Jacks), a RefBot, and two balls. All 28mm scale

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I, counterspin, oath a Druid Stoneward with 5 woldstalkers and a Stone Keeper with 3 shifting stones. They're 28 mm pieces from the Circle Oroboros faction of Privateer Press' Warmachine/Hordes.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, hereby oath an entire Mantic DreadBall human team (2 Guards, 4 Strikers, 4 Jacks), a RefBot, and two balls. All 28mm scale

counterspin posted:

I, counterspin, oath a Druid Stoneward with 5 woldstalkers and a Stone Keeper with 3 shifting stones. They're 28 mm pieces from the Circle Oroboros faction of Privateer Press' Warmachine/Hordes.

Oaths Accepted!

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

I, Vermintide Oath 10 converted Skaven Plague Monks (inc. command) and one Converted Skaven Master Moulder (GW, 28mm)

Going for the Jurnal with these. The Plague monks are pretty much diseased vermin sandwiches consisting of a Vampire Counts Ghoul torso and arms between a plague monk set of legs and head. The command has a little more custom work, with a vampire counts corpse cart spear as a standard and more greenstuffing.

PARTS:

The Master Moulder guy is mostly the Warhammer 40k, Dark Eldar character named Urien Rakarth, but I hacked his arms off and replaced em with greenstuff sleeves and (i think) GW ghoul hands. Gave him a plague monk's head, and the whip from a Rackham Confrontation 'Balkaron' for a tail. Got some GS work for his lower robes, foot, base and on his chest/neck area.

PARTS:

Vermintide fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 9, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Vermintide posted:

I, Vermintide Oath 10 converted Skaven Plague Monks (inc. command) and one Converted Skaven Master Moulder (GW, 28mm)

Accepted!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I, Icon of Sin oath to paint this Land Raider Crusader for Warhammer 40k (Games Workshop, 28 mm scale).

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Does magnetizing count in any way? Like, if a model comes with multiple poses or options and so on. Or is it all kitbash?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin oath to paint this Land Raider Crusader for Warhammer 40k (Games Workshop, 28 mm scale).

Oath Accepted!

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Does magnetizing count in any way? Like, if a model comes with multiple poses or options and so on. Or is it all kitbash?

User name/question combo is funny :) But I'll rule if you're doing all that work and painting extra bits and making them attach in the right way, that counts. There's enough drilling and cutting and whatnot there to count.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Never not rulebook heavily. But cool, I'll get my oath up soon then!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath addition!

Yan Lo, Chiaki, Soul Porter, Three Ashigaru, Izamu, Yin, and Toshiro: all 28mm, from Wyrd Miniatures.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 3 Games Workshop Space Marine Centurions and 1 Bastion with Quad Gun.

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

Have my toy soldiers been missed on the whole 'accepted' thing?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ForkBanger posted:

I, forkbanger, oath (counts-as) Toshiro the Daimyo, 2 Komainu (temple dogs), 2 Low River Monks, 2 Katanaka Snipers, a Peasant, and a Lone Swordsman for September-
sorry!

Signal posted:

Oath addition!

Yan Lo, Chiaki, Soul Porter, Three Ashigaru, Izamu, Yin, and Toshiro: all 28mm, from Wyrd Miniatures.

Mmtheblue posted:

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 3 Games Workshop Space Marine Centurions and 1 Bastion with Quad Gun.
Oaths Accepted!

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I, jodai, oath these Privateer Press Miniatures: Kruger the Stormwrath, Gallows Grove, Kaya the Wildborne(and her cape), 3 Shifting stones and 4 Tharn Bloodtrackers.

For the Jurnal, this bloodtracker got an arm donation from an old mage knight skeleton:

and Kaya got chopped up for a different pose:

from this

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
September Oath

Doc Killingsworth, Privateer Press, 28mm.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

OATH ADDITION

Grimnir's Thunder and zeppelin from GW's dreadfleet and a converted winter argus from PP

Part two in my series "Arguses with really stupid headswaps" is a winter argus with ogre heads.

Here's the original:

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

Firstly: I hereby oath Eight Converted Thousand Sons miniatures.

These folks are all sorts of kit-bashed, composed of Sanguinary Guard bits, Dark Angel bits, Chaos bits, and standard space dude bits. For the journal:

I removed this lovely Khorny axe and replaced it with a more bad-rear end bit from The Black Coach.

I also clipped away the torso completely from some of the Dark Angel legs, leaving only rounded stump, so that I could position a new torso in a different pose (out of the box, the Dark Angel plastics limit you to just face-front poses). In one case, I removed the stump all together, so that I could stick on a marauder torso, but I forgot to take a picture. He's the third dude from the left in the group shot.

Secondly: Thank you judges! I feel encouraged to continue building weird stuff!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:I am making an Oath addition!:pcgaming:

I oath one Whirlwind by Games Workshop and Armorcast for the game of Warhammer 40,000, 28mm scale.

SRM posted:

And for Cut N' Swap I cut off the gun grip in the Marine's hand and gave him a reverse-gripped knife:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Germ posted:

Journal Bonus Point (1 point): Signal
Thanks a lot Germ, It's an honor to be picked out from amongst all these great entries.

Oath Addition!

Four Haqq Ghazi Muttawi'ah and Hassassin Husam Yasbir, 28mm from Infinity (Corvus Belli)

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Ork Mek on a bike.

Mantic Ghouls with GW Ogre.

Familiar

Ian, Crusader Mage

Necromancer

The only bonus I'm going for is this month's Cut and Swap journal, which has some detailed shots below for completion's sake. I used a Mantic zombie as a base, swapping his head out for a Mantic ghoul head, cutting his arms into different positions, and obviously using a lot of greenstuff in the process.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I Oodles oath 1 AoBR Warboss

I know one mob in a month isn't much, but I haven't painted in over 2 years, and having a 2 year old doesn't leave much time for painting. So this is my tester, to see how much time I have for painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
I swear to paint one Absylonia, Daughter of Everblight (Privateer Press) by the end of September.

• Locked thread