Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Tindjin posted:

Saw this on another site, can't remember seeing it in this thread.. Its hard to think of a worse waste of time than building thing thing..

It has the Alero bumper, cause why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CharlesM posted:

It has the Alero bumper, cause why not?

Isn't it one?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

It's a Grand Am or Grand Prix with the Oldsmobile headlights + bumper + front fenders (either Alero or Intrigue) and who the gently caress knows what they did to the middle. The plastic cladding on the side is a dead giveaway, same with the taillights.

Hell, they might have booger welded an entire Oldsmobile front clip on.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Sep 6, 2014

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

some texas redneck posted:

It's a Grand Am or Grand Prix with the Oldsmobile headlights + bumper + front fenders (either Alero or Intrigue) and who the gently caress knows what they did to the middle. The plastic cladding on the side is a dead giveaway, same with the taillights.

Hell, they might have booger welded an entire Oldsmobile front clip on.

Alero in the front, GM 3/4 ton in the middle (I think) and Grand Am in the rear. I'm curious what's holding it all together.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

angryhampster posted:

I'm curious what's holding it all together.

Prayer.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

If I wasn't totally positive it would kill me, I would unironically drive that thing everywhere. I could just see the :stare: faces now

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

One good speed bump and this:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

And, it would appear, about twenty pounds of load-bearing Bondo.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MrChips posted:

Twenty pounds of load-bearing Bondo.

Thread title

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

'96 Volvo V70. Complaint: "knocks on bumps and in turns"

After this photo I found that the struts were completely collapsed. And here I'd thought all that grease came from the CV boots.

Lamar Smith R-TX
Feb 23, 2012

From a northern california bmw facebook group

If I read the post correctly I think he's asking $1600 for this shell, he purchased the car for its motor.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
That is 90s as gently caress and I would drive that if the interior wasn't trashed, which it looks like from the first photo

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
That paint color is amazing. And actually pretty similar to how my dad is about to dip his E90.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Lamar Smith R-TX posted:

From a northern california bmw facebook group

If I read the post correctly I think he's asking $1600 for this shell, he purchased the car for its motor.

DuPont mothafuckin' Chameleon.

I have basically always wanted to do a car in Chameleon. It's stunning in person. And yeah, 90s as gently caress.

:getin:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
It would be more 90s if it had a "Fear This" sticker and blacked out chrome as well though. :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://www.amazon.com/Aint-Skeered-Letters-Clear-Decal/dp/B0002NIJD0

Always kinda wanted one of these, even though I can't bring myself to slather even the most beat of beaters in stickers :v: Also it's funny because the people who really need to get it probably won't

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
No pic because I was driving, but I see it on a weekly basis anyway: every person who paints a VW Bug like Herbie should be shot in the face and dragged behind their vehicle as it's driven off a cliff.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Panty Saluter posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Aint-Skeered-Letters-Clear-Decal/dp/B0002NIJD0

Always kinda wanted one of these, even though I can't bring myself to slather even the most beat of beaters in stickers :v: Also it's funny because the people who really need to get it probably won't

If you never need structural stickers, your beaters are nicer than my cars.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

8ender posted:

i want to know how much drugs and alcohol you need to do to start that project

All of them.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Captain Trips posted:

No pic because I was driving, but I see it on a weekly basis anyway: every person who paints a VW Bug like Herbie should be shot in the face and dragged behind their vehicle as it's driven off a cliff.

I'm personally a fan of the idiots who don't use the proper car.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Captain Trips posted:

Every person who doesn't use the proper year car should be shot. Everyone who does is a cool bro.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Geirskogul posted:

Every person who doesn't use the proper year car should be shot. Everyone who does is a cool bro.

Who you gonna call?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Life, uh, finds a way.

(if we're continuing quotes-from-movies-with-cool-cars)

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Terrible car stuff: FHP probe into fatal Dodge Viper crash on rain-slick S.R. 528 could last 90 days

orlandosentinel posted:

The investigation of a fatal weekend crash that killed an Oviedo woman when a high-performance sports car broke in half on State Road 528 will take up to 90 days, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

Tracy Harman, 27, died at the scene when her boyfriend, Michael G. Sparks, lost control of the 450-horsepower Dodge Viper on the rain-swept roadway, according to FHP.

Sparks, 28, who had minor injuries, has been ticketed six times in Florida for speeding since 2002 and arrested once for DUI, according to state Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.

A sergeant in the U.S. Army, Sparks was charged with DUI in 2009 shortly after returning from duty in Iraq.

When stopped for speeding on Colonial Drive, he had an open bottle of whiskey in his pickup and a blood-alcohol content of 0.26 percent, more than three times the legal limit, court records show.

The case was dismissed after he completed a 15-month DUI pretrial diversion program.

Alcohol was not a factor in Saturday's crash, an initial crash report said.

The couple were driving westbound about 6:45 p.m. Saturday when the vehicle veered off the pavement near mile marker 24, struck a utility pole, broke in two and then struck a tree.

Witnesses told FHP the 14-year-old Viper appeared to hydroplane on the wet pavement.

Troopers are waiting to examine the tires' tread as part of determining whether the car was going too fast for road conditions, said FHP spokeswoman Sgt. Kim Montes.

Car reviewers routinely advise against driving Vipers capable of up to 200 mph in the rain.

"As big and bad as our Viper may be, add a little rain to the equation and it's rendered nearly worthless," wrote Ed Hellwig, a senior editor at Edmunds.com. "As in, don't bother trying to go fast, or it will kill you right quickly."

Harman's family and Sparks could not be reached for comment.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Terrible journalism stuff. :v:

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Geirskogul posted:

Life, uh, finds a way.

(if we're continuing quotes-from-movies-with-cool-cars)

...Please tell me that particular quote was intentional.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
As I was leaving there were other people taking pics too. I wanted to tip it over.

too much rim make the ride too hard

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Bog standard Civic. Why?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Sudo Echo posted:

Bog standard Civic. Why?

Those tails look like no civic I can remember.

Looks like an Acura EL was a thing until 2004 :spergin:

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 9, 2014

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Jealous Cow posted:

As I was leaving there were other people taking pics too. I wanted to tip it over.

too much rim make the ride too hard

:frogout: walk the boulevard

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

SaNChEzZ posted:

Those tails look like no civic I can remember.

Looks like an Acura EL was a thing until 2004 :spergin:

Man I just looked this up and you're right, it was a Civic with different lights. Weird.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It's a Canadian market vehicle, you see them occasionally here closer to the border.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
Yeah, it's also seen as a CSX here until the recent generation of Acura lineup. It's a nicer Civic, basically.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sudo Echo posted:

Man I just looked this up and you're right, it was a Civic with different lights. Weird.

Different lights, optional leather, optional automatic climate control, optional heated seats, etc.

Basically the options you can get on an Accord, but scaled down into a Civic chassis.

I've seen 2 or 3 in Texas before :stare: though all of them still had Canadian plates, IIRC.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Wasn't even aware that they didn't sell those stateside. They're probably the most common Acura to see around here that isn't an SUV.
Fun fact: we don't get the single-cab Tacoma here and if you talk about the '90s Capri to one of us the conversation is invariably hilarious (we didn't get them here, but we did get both prior vehicles that used that name so people start picturing a FWD fox body)
e:

some texas redneck posted:

Basically the options you can get on an Accord, but scaled down into a Civic chassis.
And they made the front clip look like the corresponding generation Accord too. It was basically a mini-Accord.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 9, 2014

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, I believe it's the only CDM-only Acura. That said, the trim levels for various Hondas/Acuras are different for Canada and the US. For example, at least in the 90s, a Canadian Civic Si was the same as a US Civic EX; the US Civic Si was sold as the Si-R in Canada (and Canada got many more Si-R's than the US did with Si's - the Si was a rare bird here, and not offered for most years until recently).

I don't remember how the trim levels differed on other models; been too long since I owned Hondas.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

General_Failure posted:

...Please tell me that particular quote was intentional.

:getin:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

veedubfreak posted:

I'm personally a fan of the idiots who don't use the proper car.

Again no pic because I was driving but I saw a VW transporter with the herbie livery yesterday.

Also, in the UK newer beetles have a factory sticker option with the stripes and the 53. Which is kinda terrible all on its own.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Y'all getting quite butt hurt over someone making their car look a bit like one from a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pi Mu Rho
Apr 25, 2007

College Slice

Captain Trips posted:

Saw this at the supermarket: