Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Leadthumb posted:

edit: To be clear my decisions were based on Bicyclops and Gyra_solune getting owned, and then Endorph and I settling our differences with a friendly game of smash.

And then what happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

Endorph anime swordsman
gyra_solune Pit
bicyclops ZSS

It is my highest aspiration to one day top this list.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

It is my highest aspiration to one day top this list.

That's it, you and me 1v1 Ridley no items final dndwrjgbaowra

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Leadthumb posted:

I think I might after this game comes out. I really REALLY liked advance wars, but never gave FE a real chance.

I recommend the one on GBA just called "Fire Emblem" (it's Fire Emblem 7).

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

And then what happened?

We hit the circle-jerk portion of the thread early this time and I fully embraced it. Blame the menu pics of the day.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Nickoten posted:

I recommend the one on GBA just called "Fire Emblem" (it's Fire Emblem 7).

I recommend all fire emblems that Roy isn't in

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I want to play against Doctor What as a Mii Fighter hopefully dressed in the coat, with some kind of microphone so I can hear him talk in the disdainful voice about the whole thing. I don't know who else, whoever wants to.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fire Emblem (FE7)
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (FE8)
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (FE9) (We Like Ike)

And Fire Emblem: Awakening (FE13) (Chrom and Robin and Lucina)

are all good starting points. Radiant Dawn (FE10) And Shadow Dragon (FE11) are bad starting places, Radiant Dawn because it's a direct sequel to FE9 that starts off hard as hell and explains nothing of the plot or even really the gameplay before tossing you headfirst into things, and Shadow Dragon because it's a bad game.

That's all the US released FEs.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

WadeBartender posted:

gently caress you. Roy's Our Boy.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

WadeBartender posted:

Roy seemed like kind of a twerp, imo from what Melee showed of him. Good thing we have a better Roy this time around

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I enjoyed "Roy's our boy!" but like everything else better about Ike.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I really can't wait to decimate scores of absurd Miis I am going to scan into all my Nintendo devices for that express purpose.

Bicyclops posted:

I enjoyed "Roy's our boy!" but like everything else better about Ike.

"We like Ike" is just a pale imitation.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Love your brother, do not smash him

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Roy is the worst FE lord. He's not my boy.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The only FE game I've ever played is the 3DS one, but I quit after a few hours because it felt like baby X-Com and I didn't care about the story enough to keep playing. Is there a better entry in the series to start with?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Awakening is fun but not really for the strategy aspects, it's a pretty simple/easy game.

Try 7 (just Fire Emblem) probably or maybe Path of Radiance.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

Awakening is fun but not really for the strategy aspects, it's a pretty simple/easy game.

Try 7 (just Fire Emblem) probably or maybe Path of Radiance.
Well, dude, FE7 starts with a super handholdy tutorial that takes like two hours and then forces you to play Eliwood Normal your first run, which is frankly kind of braindead save for a few places.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Thracia 776 is obviously the best Fire Emblem to start with.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Millions posted:

Love your brother, do not smash him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K783SDTBKmg

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

Well, dude, FE7 starts with a super handholdy tutorial that takes like two hours and then forces you to play Eliwood Normal your first run, which is frankly kind of braindead save for a few places.

oh yeah right eliwood normal and lyn mode exist.

Yeah 9 then.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Leaf gives us grief!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

FE9 (Path of Radiance) is the best, and most well balanced game in the series, with regards to difficulty and characters.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Leaf gives us grief!

Marty likes to party!

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
My C-stick brings all the Roys to the yard, and they're like "is that a full charge?"

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Leaf is better than Roy. This is a FE fact.

also Thracia 776 is one of the best Fire Emblems.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

Cake Attack posted:

Leaf is better than Roy. This is a FE fact.

also Thracia 776 is one of the best Fire Emblems.

Counterpoint: Leif didn't get a redesign by the Drakengard artist.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Leadthumb posted:

I think I might after this game comes out. I really REALLY liked advance wars, but never gave FE a real chance.

literally every reason someone could like advance wars besides "cool music" "anime girls" and "made by intelligent systems" is not to be found in fire emblem

they're completely different games

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

darealkooky posted:

literally every reason someone could like advance wars besides "cool music" "anime girls" and "made by intelligent systems" is not to be found in fire emblem

they're completely different games
90% of the posts you've made in the past week have been about your opinions on fire emblem dude

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

which would be acceptable if his opinions on it were any good

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Cake Attack posted:

Roy is at least a neutral enough character who doesn't do anything, instead of making a million colossally bad decisions and killing half her country like Micaiah, The Silver Haired Garbage.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah but Micky has Thani. That's a good weapon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Micaiah, the Maiden of A Better Character than Ike And The Best Lord in The Series

Glenn565
Aug 1, 2009

Wild Knight posted:

Counterpoint: Leif didn't get a redesign by the Drakengard artist.

Counter-counterpoint: Lief's redesign was still pretty good.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I'm pretty bad at Fire Emblem but the characters are super charming and it's really satisfying when a battle clicks into place, so I keep chipping at it. Welp, thanks for reading! Hope this opinion was ok.

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014
So it appears the Pastebin has been deleted. Does anyone have a copy of whatever was there?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

LaserBaconMan posted:

So it appears the Pastebin has been deleted. Does anyone have a copy of whatever was there?

It listed all the characters in the leak, plus Ridley. It was dated February, but could perfectly well have been an edit.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

LaserBaconMan posted:

It just said :ssh: followed by all the characters we already know about being announced plus Ridley and all the characters we're pretty sure were cut listed as cut, with a supposed date of February.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

Micaiah, the Maiden of A Better Character than Ike And The Best Lord in The Series

Best lord is actually Sigurd. He conquered my heart like it was a castle held by a different nation.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Roy is half Zombie Dragon though, and that's cool.

Also, how many avatars do I have to buy before you assholes recognize me as a comic genius and wish to Smash with me as the bros we are?

EDIT: Also you are all dumb, the correct best lord is Hector.

Moriatti fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

I'm pretty bad at Fire Emblem but the characters are super charming and it's really satisfying when a battle clicks into place, so I keep chipping at it. Welp, thanks for reading! Hope this opinion was ok.

I rate this opinion B+.

• Locked thread