Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
I want to do a Final Fight Revenge video so bad. But Woolie refuses to play it, because it's not "legit"

BUT WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING WITH IT! I DIDN'T PAY 300$ FOR THAT GAME JUST TO LOOK AT THE JEWEL CASE!

Also, really sorry some of you aren't liking what's on the channel this week, but them's the breaks. I'm constantly working on stuff behind the scenes (like the bond-a-thon) and Pat and I actually finished Prison Break a while ago. And are starting on...something...during October. I can't remember what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheRealestMatt posted:

I want to do a Final Fight Revenge video so bad. But Woolie refuses to play it, because it's not "legit"

BUT WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING WITH IT! I DIDN'T PAY 300$ FOR THAT GAME JUST TO LOOK AT THE JEWEL CASE!

Also, really sorry some of you aren't liking what's on the channel this week, but them's the breaks. I'm constantly working on stuff behind the scenes (like the bond-a-thon) and Pat and I actually finished Prison Break a while ago. And are starting on...something...during October. I can't remember what.

I`m hoping for a late Valentine's Day themed month.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

Eh, can't speak for any others, but I'm okay with what's on right now, don't let my comments about PB lead you astray - it just didn't land for me. You guys are putting out quite a bit of content on a weekly basis so I'm not complaining, there's always at least one ongoing series that keeps my attention - plus the one-offs. Right now DS2 and Shaolin Monks already make for, what, 5h of free entertainment a week? Keep on keeping on.

(now play Melty Blood for FNF)

(Melty Blood is the best game)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheRealestMatt posted:

And are starting on...something...during October. I can't remember what.

It's the reason for the season.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

TheRealestMatt posted:

For what it's worth, I still think the dark souls LP is pretty good. :shobon:

WOOLIE, DROP THE SHIELD!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Prison Break is the best LP in a while where it's just pure chaos and the blind player is completely loving baffled. Also what the gently caress happened in the latest episode, I still don't know why Pat's killing a guy he's not supposed to kill and suddenly the balding guy is cut throated.

I still love the DS2 LP because Woolie loves to play the game despite literally being told it's poo poo every other minute.

The Scorpion scene. Why.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

It's the reason for the season.

Yea I love wrestling games!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I still love the Prison Break LP for what it's worth.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Beef Waifu posted:

Same here. It's hilariouos.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Beef Waifu posted:

Yea I dislike the DS2 run (to be fair, mainly because I have zero interest in Souls as a thing, Woolie and Pat couldn't make me care beyond a couple of videos even if they were gods of commentary) but Prison Break more than makes up for it for me, so I'm still good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can see why Pat says Freja sucks if he's played the game like 3 times without learning to attack the other head while it's doing the laser thing.

Speaking of which, why is a spider doing a laser thing dumb but not a dragon thing which is Seathe's whole gimmick.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Prison Break is my favorite LP you've done in a while so good jorb

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Tae posted:

Speaking of which, why is a spider doing a laser thing dumb but not a dragon thing which is Seathe's whole gimmick.

Because dragons have been spewing basically any element associated with their color since at least Dungeons & Dragons was written and Seathe was a weird skinless dragon with a massive boner for crystals, while the spider is just a giant spider that only has a connection with anything overtly magical when you find out that it ate Seathe's soul. If it had crystals or dragon-y bits or something to show that it had Seathe magic before it randomly vomited Seathe magic on you Pat would probably think it was less dumb.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is there a copyright on the Shaolin Monks LP finale or just a upload goof that it's not on youtube?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Pull that presidential power. A one time only Scrublords anniversary game thing dealy. WITH REVENGENING!

quote:

I'm constantly working on stuff behind the scenes (like the bond-a-thon)

Yeaaaah! I wasn't gonna stop hounding you till we got to at LEAST the N64 World is Not Enough. Let alone Agent Under Fire and Nightfire. Or loving crazy rear end cover shooter Everything or Nothing. Basically all the games.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Cathair posted:

Dark Souls 1 was superior in every way
I like the souls series so much I paid real money to have this avatar. Dark Souls 1 is not superior to Dark Souls 2 OR Demon's Souls in every way. Each game has strengths and weaknesses which actually all compliment eachother.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Both Dark Souls games pretty much do stomp Demon's at least.

Freya would have been over much faster if either of them had noticed that Woolie could target the back or if Woolie would have used the drat jump attack. It's not my favorite boss but it's cool and not that hard guys, come on.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm constantly working on stuff behind the scenes..

Quest 64 full LP confirmed.

[/maximillion]

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tae posted:

Is there a copyright on the Shaolin Monks LP finale or just a upload goof that it's not on youtube?

Apparently it's been on Youtube since September 3rd.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

Keep it for when Woolie's out of town or something for a special Fisticuffs consisting of the crappy fighters Woolie won't demean himself with, while you can stay up late and eat all the chocolate you want!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Ahh, it's all good. I'm enjoying Prison Break and going back to stuff I either missed or never finished watching like Resident Evil 4. How come so many games ripped off that cool over-the-shoulder camera angle without aklso ripping off the concept of semi-automatic shotguns with 100-round drum magazines?! Is there like a law or something?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I've been following these guys since the early Machinima days and it's been awesome to see the Zaibatsu grow in all aspects. The podcast is probably my favourite thing to listen to at the moment because it's just a bunch of guys talking about video games. A lot of people have said the lack of pretence and heavily layered irony is the defining trait and I have to agree. TBF is about the only Let's Play channel I can handle with regularity too because it's fun, informative and entertaining. Keep up the good work, Matt and Co!

For the guys getting hung up on the DS playthrough, remember Geop's trip was 100+ episodes, so we could be here a while - though Woolie is making fantastic progress.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Geop was basically a blind playthrough though and they've shown that they will edit down boss attempts if it gets ridiculous like the Chariot or Smelter Demon. They also skipped a boss outright, so it could very well be faster since Pat is pointing out everything/Woolie's played up until Drangelic Castle.

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Dude played Beast Wars and Tao Feng and refuses to play Backdown Revenge: The Finalest Fight. Dude played STREETWISE and he says this isn't "legit". It's a fighting game and it's Final Fight, it's not like it's the KOF MOBA or anything, cripes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well I mean he played a Bloody Roar game and JoJo All Star Battle for fisticuffs and apparently those are more legit than hilariously bad PS1 fighting games. At this rate, we're never gonna get to see the Wu-Tang Clan fighting game played.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Rodyle posted:

Except in the department of atmosphere, storytelling, mood, art direction and level design. The overall creative vision of Demon's Souls is superior to either Dark Souls game even if Dark Souls 1 is very close and a good successor; it still doesn't have the same immersive world.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Rodyle posted:

Hell no, demons is the best souls game

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Kaptain K posted:

Except in the department of atmosphere, storytelling, mood, art direction and level design. The overall creative vision of Demon's Souls is superior to either Dark Souls game even if Dark Souls 1 is very close and a good successor; it still doesn't have the same immersive world.

I like the storytelling in Dark 1 the best, though partly it's just that I think the Demon's story has less meat on its bones. And I much prefer the one well connected world to the hub. But the Maiden and the Tower of Latria are two of the best things in any Souls game, hands down, and its worth playing just for those.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Depths posted:

Hell no, demons is the best souls game

But it controls like rear end and makes Dark Souls 1 like Quake

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kaptain K posted:

The world in Demon's is nothing compared to Dark, in the end it's actually very simple: you are hero, kill demons. Dark Souls is considerably more complicated. Art direction isn't that great either, aside of Latria the levels aren't exactly amazing (And are all wholly linear compared to DS1's amazing interconnected levels). I guess you can give it credit for the crazy ArchDemon fights but most of them are very gimmicky and easy. The only exceptions are Garl/Astraea and False King, who to be fair are both pretty rad.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Nothing will ever convince me that Storm King isn't the raddest boss fight ever

Matt, Prison Break is loving great, keep up the good work

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 8, 2014

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Prison Break also has cooler lore than Souls games. Talk about that.

:p

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

TheRealestMatt posted:

So how long until pat kills you for that? :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's right tho.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

TheRealestMatt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ryeRwnFNRs

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

How has nobody talked about that Sega comment about Pitchford before?

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't

Rodyle posted:

I guess you can give it credit for the crazy ArchDemon fights but most of them are very gimmicky and easy. The only exceptions are Garl/Astraea and False King, who to be fair are both pretty rad.

After Dark2 I like DeS' gimmick bosses even more. I will take shooting laserbeams at a giant flying stingray over another humanoid dodge three swings and then counter attack fight any day.

I would even argue most of DeS' bosses are more memorable than Dark1 bosses. Especially if you just compare the two base games. Without the prepare to die DLC everything after Anor Londo is kind of a slog.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Podcast is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b7h6RJnnMY

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Matt, never stop giving Pat a hard time over Drop Your Shield.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheRealestMatt posted:

This guy gets it. Prison Break is basically the best LP since Beyond 2 Souls. Pure aggravation, in real time.

Also the best thing about Woolie's dark souls run is that Pat gets like half the lore wrong and then says it's dumb. Poor Woolie won't know anything about the game by the end of it :allears:

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

why do souls players get so buttmad over the "laser beam" duke's dear freja shoots when it's blatantly supposed to be, like, spider-web silk.

Also the Prison Break LP is loving fantastic and I am glad they're finally playing the whole game. But when's Marlowe?