Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

ephex posted:

I agree with 88%.

lol,

quote:

Steven Gerrard couldn't play at Mike Bradley's level ever.

quote:

quote:

quote:

This person is 12 and has never watched football right? RIGHT ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

Olewithmilk posted:

I play football with this person sometimes and he unfailingly comes in full Arsenal kit so I was surprised to see this today

My local clubs are Fulham, Chelsea, QPR, and Brentford. I don't support any of them or anything but I go to quite a few of their games. Nothing wrong with that imo.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
If it wasnt for the line that said "arsenal I think" it would be acceptable.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Forget humble, athletic, and surprisingly articulate, I've got hot new dog whistles for you:

quote:

I loved Inamoto when he was at Fulham. A great player.

But I honestly think Japanese, Korean and Chinese players might be too nice for the Premier League or some other big European leagues. The players that have come over here have all been professional, honest, quiet types. Let's face it, to be a successful Premier League footballer, you’ve got to be a bit of a dick. Whether it’s cheating, diving and all the other little things on the pitch, or the scheming and manoeuvring off the pitch, they just don’t seem to get involved.

I get the same impression when I watch the Japan and Korea teams at the World Cup. Nice, honest, but naïve. Does anyone watch league football over there and know if it’s the same? Good on them though, it’s not a bad thing.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/03/arsenal-asian-players-arsene-wenger-miyaichi-park-inamoto I'm imagining all adjectives in the comments are racist code for Asian and its making me lol

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
e: nvm

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Arsenal to win the calendar year cup again lmao

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Fairly sure it's meant to be a joke.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

@bong_arsenal

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Falcao : Have The Chance To Play With "Monaco" In CL
Blind : Have The Chance To Play With "Ajax" In CL
Di Maria : Have The Chance To Play With "Madrid" In CL
Rojo : Have The Chance To Play With "Sporting" In CL
Herrera : Have The Chance To Play With "Bilbao" In CL
- But They Choose United

Live.Laugh.Love.Phaggots.
You mad you guys can't sign the same quality United can?

Btw, why is Monaco selling their best players like James and Falcao when their funded by dirty Arab money? Not that I'm complaining though.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Brony Car posted:

Btw, why is Monaco selling their best players like James and Falcao when their funded by dirty Arab money? Not that I'm complaining though.

Wow. This guy can't even get his racism right.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Brony Car posted:

The Russian oligarch funding them lost half his fortune in his divorce

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

The Russian oligarch funding them lost half his fortune in his divorce

actually getting divorced is against shariah law

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Blue Star Error posted:

Forget humble, athletic, and surprisingly articulate, I've got hot new dog whistles for you:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/03/arsenal-asian-players-arsene-wenger-miyaichi-park-inamoto I'm imagining all adjectives in the comments are racist code for Asian and its making me lol

Lol

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Wrongish thread ?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Amusing :)

quote:

After waking on Saturday morning ready to write Diego Costa off as a feckless wastel for succumbing to a hamstring injury, I was then doubly wowed by his recovery in time for the match. I think what impressed me even more than his technical ability, goalscoring, pace, passing and movement, was the fact that he got in couple of fights - no wonder the Spanish World Cup squad couldn’t make the most of him, they were too cowardly.

The most important thing is not what evidence you are presented with over the course of the season, it is what strikes you in the gut before the chance you get to rationalise or examine. In the game against Everton, with those two goals, with the fights and insults with Seamus Coleman, there can be no doubt that Diego Costa is a worthy successor to Luis Suarez as player of the year. I’ve already sent my nomination. Fair play, Diego, fair play.

jre posted:

Wrongish thread ?

No. It's poo poo.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

PirateBob posted:

Amusing :)

No. It's poo poo.

Who do you support?

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Brony Car posted:

Live.Laugh.Love.Phaggots.

lol

NoU
Dec 31, 2008
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/03/premier-league-big-money-spending-transfer

quote:

I have just devised a similar programme whilst at work and have called it
Players In Spread Sheet Financial Loss And Premium Spend
Or PISSFLAPS for short.
It caculates that Falcao's loan fee should have been £154 million per season due to the fact he looks a bit like Sonny Landham or better known as Billy in the film Predator.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Wrong thread.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

That doesn't appear anywhere in that article?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Olewithmilk posted:

That doesn't appear anywhere in that article?

that would be because its a comment

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I'm not normally one for posting comments from the BBC, considering the stand-out ones tend to be blatantly fake and usually get voted the lowest, but...

This is the current top-rated comment on an England article, meaning the usual "fly away, troll" brigade have read this and thought "Yes, BritainHasGoneToTheDogs, I completely agree".

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I read it and agreed with BritainHasGoneToTheDogs

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

HJB posted:

I'm not normally one for posting comments from the BBC, considering the stand-out ones tend to be blatantly fake and usually get voted the lowest, but...

This is the current top-rated comment on an England article, meaning the usual "fly away, troll" brigade have read this and thought "Yes, BritainHasGoneToTheDogs, I completely agree".

I get you are a united fan but he's actually 100% correct???

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Danny, dear Danny. I'm so happy for you. Go claim that starting spot ahead of Rooney now, and show that you're better than even uncle Sturridge and his stupid-rear end arm wave celebration. It saddened my heart to see him leave us, but this is exactly what he needed. Feels like 2009 and Cristiano all over again (not really, but let a grown man cry for f**** sake).

We'll be waiting 3-4 years from now when you're the best striker in the league. Come home after your apprenticeship my boy, and be the star we all wanted you to be.

You're worth more to us than Falcao, more than Mata, more than Di Maria; heck, more than Rooney too.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

chuggo is BACK posted:

Danny, dear Danny. I'm so happy for you. Go claim that starting spot ahead of Rooney now, and show that you're better than even uncle Sturridge and his stupid-rear end arm wave celebration. It saddened my heart to see him leave us, but this is exactly what he needed. Feels like 2009 and Cristiano all over again (not really, but let a grown man cry for f**** sake).

We'll be waiting 3-4 years from now when you're the best striker in the league. Come home after your apprenticeship my boy, and be the star we all wanted you to be.

You're worth more to us than Falcao, more than Mata, more than Di Maria; heck, more than Rooney too.

Please dont post my facebook posts on here

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

chuggo is BACK posted:

lol yes, you'll be worth more to us than 33 year-old Wayne Rooney

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

chuggo is BACK posted:

gently caress tw that poo poo m8 ugh

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Average age of their left is 25.5 and for the right 29. If we pitch Moreno, Coutinho and Balotelli down that side, their average age is 22.5. Perhaps its something that could manifest itself over time to wear them down for the 2nd half when we could put Markovic and Lallana on that side.

Draws An 8
Mar 26, 2010
Sterling is one of the best young players in the world - using that kind of logic one can say England's national team is better than that of Germany's. Lets not use Sterlings talent to accentuate a case for the English national team to potentially beating the US men's national team. Gee the delusion.

For the record, Fifa rankings are biased towards South American and European teams because of the continent based multipliers. (Which is stupidity because there is already a ranking based multiplier - you are essentially double dipping the calculations to favor these two continents) it's the main reason why teams like USA and Mexico end up having higher FiFa ranks than the likes of inferior teams like England and Portugal immediately after every World Cup - but 4 years later, come the next World Cup, england will as usual have a higher ranking than USA even though they are often barely good enough to beat USAs B team.

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013

Draws An 8 posted:

Sterling is one of the best young players in the world - using that kind of logic one can say England's national team is better than that of Germany's. Lets not use Sterlings talent to accentuate a case for the English national team to potentially beating the US men's national team. Gee the delusion.

For the record, Fifa rankings are biased towards South American and European teams because of the continent based multipliers. (Which is stupidity because there is already a ranking based multiplier - you are essentially double dipping the calculations to favor these two continents) it's the main reason why teams like USA and Mexico end up having higher FiFa ranks than the likes of inferior teams like England and Portugal immediately after every World Cup - but 4 years later, come the next World Cup, england will as usual have a higher ranking than USA even though they are often barely good enough to beat USAs B team.

true

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I would go with Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo and Daley Blind as an initial selection, then a strong midfield four with Rooney in behind Van Persie and Falcao. Across midfield, using wing-backs, I would have Antonio Valencia, Ander Herrera, Di Maria and Luke Shaw - although this places great responsibility on Herrera and the likes of Michael Carrick may be required on occasions.

There should be lots of goals and this is seemingly a squad assembled with the short-term aim of reaching the top four this season then strengthening further next summer, or even in January if Roma midfielder Kevin Strootman's knee injury has healed.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

sassassin posted:

I would go with Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo and Daley Blind as an initial selection, then a strong midfield four with Rooney in behind Van Persie and Falcao. Across midfield, using wing-backs, I would have Antonio Valencia, Ander Herrera, Di Maria and Luke Shaw - although this places great responsibility on Herrera and the likes of Michael Carrick may be required on occasions.

There should be lots of goals and this is seemingly a squad assembled with the short-term aim of reaching the top four this season then strengthening further next summer, or even in January if Roma midfielder Kevin Strootman's knee injury has healed.

https://vine.co/v/MPUTBWBuwWv

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

sassassin posted:

wrong thread :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Agreed. A midfield even Arsenal could bully :getin: