Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

amuayse posted:

I guess, blunt weapons do seem somewhat useful against statues and such. The resource thing I'm not really wowed by considering the fact it's only like 3 or 4 points more, and blunt weapons often do low base damage and don't offer any bonuses. The exception is flails and morningstars since they have two attacks and and attack bonus against shields to make up for their low base damage and defence malus.
Overall though, blunt weapons seem sorta poo.
They kinda are, but for better or worse there are nearly no blunt melee-weapon recruitables other than monkeys and a few Flail guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

scalded schlong posted:

Also they're technically good for slapping resistant undead around, although your solution to skelespam should rarely be "recruit chaff".

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
No one loves skeletons as much as Dominions players

Larz
Jul 29, 2011
Thanks to everyone who pointed out problems with the Dominions Data Inspector. I think I've got all the reported issues fixed. For every issue someone finds, it usually points out an issue with my parser which fixes the problem for other units and makes updating to newer versions down the road more reliable. If you don't want to clog up this thread with bug reports you can also send them to larzsp at gmail.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I just want to say that the 'inclusive search' button owns.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Larz posted:

Thanks to everyone who pointed out problems with the Dominions Data Inspector. I think I've got all the reported issues fixed. For every issue someone finds, it usually points out an issue with my parser which fixes the problem for other units and makes updating to newer versions down the road more reliable. If you don't want to clog up this thread with bug reports you can also send them to larzsp at gmail.

I have to remember to use next time the proper Desura thread. You even have it linked in the corner!

The other day I saw something... yep, here it is. Unit id 169, EA/MA Ctis Taskmaster. He should have, I imagine, the taskmaster ability.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Can anyone refresh me how the dmg vs prot rolls worked? How is possible to receive 5 damage here?

I thought sometimes inferior weapons could penetrate good armor thanks to the open ended dice roll. But in this case the damage roll didn't "explode", it's the protection score the one is too low. His protection in both head and body is much higher, so why the prot roll was only 10? The combat just started so it wasn't fatigue, nor any affliction.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Was it a crossbow? Maybe it was an armor piercing weapon and the other hits were shield parries?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Yeah seems like AP that doesn't get parried by a shield, with a low defending DRN, too.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Flame112 posted:

Yeahhhhhhh it fukken does.

(It's me I made that thing :kimchi:)

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

jBrereton posted:

Yeah seems like AP that doesn't get parried by a shield, with a low defending DRN, too.

It was a short bow fired by an indie Horse Tribe Cavalry. Sobek Sacred Guard don't have shields, but have Prot 20-21.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 8, 2014

Larz
Jul 29, 2011

Flame112 posted:

ChickenWing posted:

Yeahhhhhhh it fukken does.

(It's me I made that thing :kimchi:)

Yeah, all internet credits go to ChickenWing for that cool addition. In case no one else noticed it's a checkbox on the search page for spells and items that causes the path filter to be inclusive rather then exclusive. So, for example, an inclusive search on the fire path in spells will return all spells that have fire as a primary or secondary path. The exclusive search would just return spells that were JUST fire, so fire/blood spells for example wouldn't show.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Turin Turambar posted:

It was a short bow fired by an indie Horse Tribe Cavalry. Sobek Sacred Guard don't have shields, but have Prot 20-21.

It's probably a critical hit then - crits reduce prot by half.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

ChickenWing posted:

It's this. Even at 0 fatigue you can be crit, though the chance is low.

http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/chance-of-critical-hits

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

I had no idea of this rule. Asking you was a good choice!

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Is there a reason why I would be unable to cast Immolation on my virtue supercombatant? I set it up as the only spell to cast before he dives into the fray, but in actual battle he seems to pick some other random spell to cast instead. He's fire resistant 28, so I don't think it's just being cautious, but I definitely feel like he'd be a lot more successful if the spell would actually go off.

edit: I'm an idiot. I assumed it was persistent fire, but of course it must be a one-time thing. He's not doing it because it wouldn't hurt anyone.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 9, 2014

The Gentleman
Jun 21, 2012

What a champ. The last captain of Ermor protects all that he holds dear; life, freedom, the right to own slaves. God bless you, and by god, I mean me. :patriot:

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
I missed all the short nation guide stuff but if someone compiles them all into quote blocks in a single post or even just a series of links I'll stick them in the OP and update the links & advice sections at the same time.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

quote:

2014-09-08 21:17:17 +0200
- Some missing Nazca sprites fixed
- Mallquis innate spellcasters
- Nazca heroes
- Nazcan supaya reanimation, longdead and soulless
- Caelian longdead
- Mummify icon
- Theft of the sun fix

Not "mummy", but "Mummify" icon. New ability right? effect that turn someone on an allied mummy? Mmm that sounds OP. More surely an attack with bandages that impedes enemies.

Also, a supaya:

The Gentleman
Jun 21, 2012

TheDemon posted:

I missed all the short nation guide stuff but if someone compiles them all into quote blocks in a single post or even just a series of links I'll stick them in the OP and update the links & advice sections at the same time.

I was also thinking about throwing them onto the fledgeling wiki that has been starting to grow here. Would people be ok with that?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Caelian longdead needs to mean FLYING longdead. I'm sure it will actually mean size 3 longdead with shittier stats but I can dream.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Caelian longdead needs to mean FLYING longdead. I'm sure it will actually mean size 3 longdead with shittier stats but I can dream.

If bone fiends don't fly, why would Caelian longdead?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Eschatos posted:

If bone fiends don't fly, why would Caelian longdead?

~the power of love~

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jon Joe posted:

~the power of love~

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Nuclearmonkee posted:

The Caelian Mummy that exists in-game already is a slightly better size 3 normal Mummy with an Ice Blade, so presumably it means size 3 longdead with ice blades and spears.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Turin Turambar posted:

Not "mummy", but "Mummify" icon. New ability right? effect that turn someone on an allied mummy? Mmm that sounds OP. More surely an attack with bandages that impedes enemies.

Probably some sort of national Twiceborn where units that die come back better.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

The Gentleman posted:

What a champ. The last captain of Ermor protects all that he holds dear; life, freedom, the right to own slaves. God bless you, and by god, I mean me. :patriot:

This is what happens when most of your forces are off harassing Hinnom and you throw militia at a capital province.

The worst part is losing two thunder-striking storm callers to the blasted arrow towers :argh:

Also, I don't know wtf that caveman champion was doing with a piercer.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I made a comedy build for EA agartha that I don't remember, but it was a two bless 9 water/air pretender with terrible scales for resources. Then you make forts and sacred boulder throwers. It's a pretty hilarious sacred rush because you have a pile of quickened fatties with rocks. Throw a might of earth on them and they just rampage around throwing boulders at everything with 13 precision for 60ish damage on all of their hits. When you hit someone's capital with them you are able to break down the gates in one turn because of their siege bonus, so you can just dive into someone's capital and throw rocks at their pretender before they have much combat magic researched.

It's a hopeless build with no chance for progress beyond the early game since you invest all your money in fat cavemen with rocks, but it's fun to watch things get bouldered to death even when ethereal.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

RockyB posted:

Also, I don't know wtf that caveman champion was doing with a piercer.

He probably found it on the corpse of an enemy.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Ugh, people play EA Ermor? They are so vanilla, what's the point of playing Dominions where you can be man-eating giants or Count Dracula or Zombie Jesus or Chutlhu under the sea and then pick the romans with another name.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Turin Turambar posted:

what's the point of playing Dominions where you can be man-eating giants or Count Dracula or Zombie Jesus or Chutlhu under the sea and then pick the romans with another name.
Murdering all of those things with nothing more than grit and steel.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Coolguye posted:

And fire.

Lots of fire.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Coolguye posted:

... but grit and steel is EA Ulms gimmick!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

BurntCornMuffin posted:

... but grit and steel is EA Ulms gimmick!

Yeah and you can have an all-women army gimmick with EA Ulm, EA Ermor doesn't even have that. It's the vanilla of the vanilla.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Libluini posted:

EA Ermor doesn't even have that. It's the vanilla of the vanilla.

What does that make Marverni, then?

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

BurntCornMuffin posted:

poo poo

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

BurntCornMuffin posted:

poo poo.

e: dammit

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

BurntCornMuffin posted:

We don't speak of Marverni.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Marverni has sacred iron boars that will stomp all ur dudes dont dis the gauls :colbert:

(Marverni would be a lot better if they didn't have to compete with Ponymans and seven different flavours of Bullshit Giants)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

You have AoE 3 instant death you can drop on anyone storming your capitol. That is pretty rad.

• Locked thread