Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
It could never be a legitimate strategy, since your opponent literally gets to force you to make the worst possible non-red move.

Edit:

Strobe posted:

If you reveal a red manager with a stress, your opponent gets to choose another (non-red, non-board-leaving) maneuver. Green maneuvers chosen in this way do not clear stress.

Don't do it.

I'm not seeing a restriction that the chosen maneuver keep the ship in play or that prevents it from clearing stress.

Poopy Palpy fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Me_Game
May 21, 2010

Alas, poor Johnny! I knew him, Mark, a fellow of infinite greetings, of most questionable fancy. He hath pet me on my head a thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is! My dick rises at it.
Ah I must have been misremembering the rules. I figured there must be some punishment for trying that. Still a relative new player so questions like that come up in our group from time to time, though I supposed I should have just checked the rules to clarify.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

alg posted:

So my Decimator's female peg end is loose as heck. Any time I pick it up it comes off the peg. It's annoying to have to pick it up by the base when it may be surrounded by enemy ships. Anyone tried to tighten their peg hole up? (:heysexy:) I have no idea where to start aside from gluing a peg into it, which I don't want to do.

Pull the peg, take a picture, contact FFG, get a second Decimator model.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

PJOmega posted:

Pull the peg, take a picture, contact FFG, get a second Decimator model.

They only send the defective part, so you won't get a second Decimator, but you'll get a new peg.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

They only send the defective part, so you won't get a second Decimator, but you'll get a new peg.

If they send you the correct part. Pictures are important.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The world where Soontir is made of paper and will explode when looked at sideways, i.e. this world.

How will they ever see him? Unless someone bring an ion turret Y-Wing or HWK to the table, Fel won't ever really be in anyones arc of fire if it's only ever 1 ship lists.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
ORS with Gunner.

Lunatic Pathos
May 16, 2004

I shouldn't tell you this but you're the only one I can trust...

The Gate posted:

How will they ever see him? Unless someone bring an ion turret Y-Wing or HWK to the table, Fel won't ever really be in anyones arc of fire if it's only ever 1 ship lists.

It's really hard to avoid arc at range 3 on the initial approach. You have no other ships to draw attention.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

That makes more sense then when they sent me a whole new squint because it was missing the peg.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Lunatic Pathos posted:

It's really hard to avoid arc at range 3 on the initial approach. You have no other ships to draw attention.

Focus, Evade, 4 dice for range. You're not gonna die. Alternately, you do a 3 bank the turn you're going to come into range, then boost off to the side if it will get you out of their arc, then swoop in the next turn. You don't have anyone to distract, but they also don't have anyone to try and herd you into at least one persons line of fire.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

The Gate posted:

Focus, Evade, 4 dice for range. You're not gonna die. Alternately, you do a 3 bank the turn you're going to come into range, then boost off to the side if it will get you out of their arc, then swoop in the next turn. You don't have anyone to distract, but they also don't have anyone to try and herd you into at least one persons line of fire.

This reminds me that I saw Flechette Torpedoes for the first time in my last game. I don't like them at all, no sir. :colbert:

Lunatic Pathos
May 16, 2004

I shouldn't tell you this but you're the only one I can trust...

The Gate posted:

Sure, but the hypothetical opponent was B with HLC, so there still decent odds of early demise. If you do close, then yes, a skilled Int pilot can remain untouchable to a B-Wing, I agree. I've been one-shot by HLCs enough times to be wary, though.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Guys I'm after some advice for where to go from here. I've currently been focusing on Rebels and have
-Core set
-A-Wing
-E-Wing
-Z-95

I've about £35 that's come back to me as a refund for something and I'm thinking about expanding. Not sure where to go though.

I'd love to pick up a Y-Wing but they're sold out everywhere, as we all know, or ridiculously inflated on the secondary market. A B-wing seems like it would be useful and would round out my secondary weapons. A second Z-95 or A-wing would be nice as more cheap filler and fun pilots. Rebel Aces seems like good value but its not out yet. I could also pick up a HWK-290 locally which I hear isn't great but looks like it could be a cheap control/support ship with an ion cannon turret.

Or I could grab Imperial Aces and something else and bump up that force to something playable.

Any tips for what's fun, available in the UK and not totally ineffective? If it helps the guys playing locally aren't proxying anything.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Where abouts in the UK are you? In London you should be able to go to Orc's Nest or Leisure Games and they have most stuff there. I would strongly suggest getting another X-Wing expansion if you don't have one already since it opens up the options in terms of X-wing pilots, including Wedge, probably the best x-wing pilot in the game. B-wings are also nice and I would take one over a Y-wing but it really depends on what style of list you like flying.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I took Dutch along my last game against Spacegoat and after his performance I'm thinking even just a Gold Sqdn with an Ion Turret and an R2 unit is a very solid ship for what it costs.

e: Having said that if you want to play around with heavy Rebel bombers and there are no Y-Wings around definitely pick up a B-Wing.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Sep 10, 2014

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Tekopo posted:

Where abouts in the UK are you? In London you should be able to go to Orc's Nest or Leisure Games and they have most stuff there. I would strongly suggest getting another X-Wing expansion if you don't have one already since it opens up the options in terms of X-wing pilots, including Wedge, probably the best x-wing pilot in the game. B-wings are also nice and I would take one over a Y-wing but it really depends on what style of list you like flying.

East Midlands, Derby specifically. Will check their website. Forgot about another X-wing!

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Man, I am thinking about getting into this just so I can fly around in four IG-2000s with four IG-88s. That's awesome.

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.

Dunkelgelb posted:

My local game store is running an interesting tournament - 32 points, one ship only. Looks like there will be a lot of shuttle variants.

Expect everyone to run Soontir Fel, Push the Limit, Targeting Computer. Or maybe you cut the Targeting Computer to win initiative in the inevitable mirror match.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So my store found a bunch of misplaced shield token bags from way back. They're using it for prizes for the next few months. I needed some and holy cow they are going for big bux on eBay! Guess what I'm using to pay for the next several waves. :D

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Has it been confirmed that they are actually going to restock on ships?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

CODChimera posted:

Has it been confirmed that they are actually going to restock on ships?

Are you asking about a specific store? Or in general is FFG going to keep reprinting ships? To the latter, the answer is yes. FFG is super good about reprinting stuff forever, as long as its selling.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I saw someone that checking Barnes and Noble was a good place to find ships. I checked one tonight and while I didn't get a falcon, they had a ton of small ships including y-wings, a-wings, and multiple interceptors. I now own a Y-Wing.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

jivjov posted:

Are you asking about a specific store? Or in general is FFG going to keep reprinting ships? To the latter, the answer is yes. FFG is super good about reprinting stuff forever, as long as its selling.

In general yeah. In my country(New Zealand) there's no X-Wings, Falcons or Interceptors anywhere. I did just find a site that may have 1 Falcon and X-Wing on it though so hopefully I can get those.

But that's good to know for the future, I guess I can stop worrying about trying to get certain ships.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Any rumors on when restocks are expected in the US? I don't like the idea of paying $50 for a Falcon on eBay rather than $20 from CSI.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Indolent Bastard posted:

Any rumors on when restocks are expected in the US? I don't like the idea of paying $50 for a Falcon on eBay rather than $20 from CSI.

They are in manufacturing. It might be in a few months, but it is definitely coming eventually.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Indolent Bastard posted:

I got mine through this

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/x-wing-millennium-falcon-expansion-pack/110182

30 bucks total, and free shipping above 25 bucks. It's retail price, but if you are willing to drop the extra 10 instead of waiting and needing to clear 100 bucks to get free shipping, it's an option.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5046

Well I suppose it was just a matter of time before they gave out acrylic focus tokens again :smith:

Edit: VVV mhmm

alg fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Sep 11, 2014

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is that alt art of Soontir Fel?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
It actually looks pretty great, I wouldn't mind having that card.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
That's fantastic but Imp pilots didn't do kill markers, Soontir Fel himself said so in the Rogue Squadron comics. :colbert:

e; oh poo poo, 32 cards to a tournament kit, which means it will probably be a participation prize. poo poo, I need to keep an eye out and make sure I can get a ticket for Leisure Games.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Holy poo poo I need that Soontir.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Rebel Aces will finally be out next week :getin:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Trying out a new list this week. Going with three Xs and some pretty elite pilots.

Link.

(10) Wes Jansen (29)
Flechette Torpedo (2)
Veteran Instincts (1)

(9) Wedge Antilles (29)
R7-T1 (3)
Expose (4)
Experimental Interface (3)

(5) Biggs Darklighter (25)
R2-D2 (4)

Total points: 99

The idea here being that Biggs Draws fire, Wedge uses R7 and Expose to get 4 dice at range 2-3 with a TL, and 5 dice at range 1 (optional boost to close) while still getting his ability, and Wes strips the focus and evade off of enemy ships before Wedge blasts the ever loving poo poo out of them. Launch the flechette at something you want to be able to predict better next turn, and let Wedge burn that poo poo up.

Both Wes and Wedge will shoot before and/or simultaneously with Whisper+VI, and Wedge could be shooting 5 dice at 3 defense dice even cloaked.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Strobe posted:

Trying out a new list this week. Going with three Xs and some pretty elite pilots.

Link.

(10) Wes Jansen (29)
Flechette Torpedo (2)
Veteran Instincts (1)

(9) Wedge Antilles (29)
R7-T1 (3)
Expose (4)
Experimental Interface (3)

(5) Biggs Darklighter (25)
R2-D2 (4)

Total points: 99

The idea here being that Biggs Draws fire, Wedge uses R7 and Expose to get 4 dice at range 2-3 with a TL, and 5 dice at range 1 (optional boost to close) while still getting his ability, and Wes strips the focus and evade off of enemy ships before Wedge blasts the ever loving poo poo out of them. Launch the flechette at something you want to be able to predict better next turn, and let Wedge burn that poo poo up.

Both Wes and Wedge will shoot before and/or simultaneously with Whisper+VI, and Wedge could be shooting 5 dice at 3 defense dice even cloaked.

I have a hard time seeing how Expose will be better than Opportunist in this situation. Both will leave you with a stress, but Opportunist won't lower Wedge's agility.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Expose will only leave me with a stress if I use Experimental Interface with it, and the ability to choose to not do that is worth it. Especially since Biggs will be around to soak up fire for at least one turn.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I bought the core set and played two games last night with a buddy and holy poo poo this was probably the most fun I've ever had involving a table. The dogfighting was incredible and really felt like we were two pilots stalking each other down.

Then I did the most reasonable thing I could do by going to miniature market and buying one of every thing and a second core set from eBay. I have a problem.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

LoG posted:

I bought the core set and played two games last night with a buddy and holy poo poo this was probably the most fun I've ever had involving a table. The dogfighting was incredible and really felt like we were two pilots stalking each other down.

Then I did the most reasonable thing I could do by going to miniature market and buying one of every thing and a second core set from eBay. I have a problem.

Yeah you got a problem alright, you didn't get any foam trays :v:

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I have some old foam from Warhammer I can cut up. More money for shooty ships! Any idea on when the Scum and Villainy sets are coming out? I need a Decimator.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

S&V will be out Q4, so think December. Decimator is Q3, but doesn't look like it will be this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Ah, I thought the Decimator was part of the S&V wave. I'll go ahead and put in a preorder for it.

• Locked thread