Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I get wanting to be naked but seriously, you are still apart of american society, where nudity is frowned upon and makes anyone uncomfortable. Stop being obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

.... chicken transporter?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They just want to be naked forever and always and they'll vote out anyone who doesn't agree.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Turtlicious posted:

They just want to be naked forever and always and they'll vote out anyone who doesn't agree.

Not if the pastor continues converting people and siezes power.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Not if the pastor continues converting people and siezes power.

I would watch his cult try to function.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Are...are these people real? Bella can't be a real person.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
theres gonna be a murder if this dude doesn't get a cup o soup.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Utpoia State of Freedom does not understand Health

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are you guys watching a live stream or watching the show?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Black guy is the most racist person there, apparently?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

Are you guys watching a live stream or watching the show?

just the show

Garbo
May 30, 2011
the Utopia State of Freedom is hilarious and I wont stand words to the contrary.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Yes, buy in bulk, now you have nowhere to store it. USF is going to die from food poisoning or something in a week. Their combined IQ seems to be lower than the total weight of the chickens.

E: "Take as much food as you want" that we bought with the money we stole from you

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Every person is the worst and I love it. Rooting against all these dumb motherfuckers.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's the "Always sunny in Philadelphia" of reality TV

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I love how one of their central complaints about the group at large was "I DON'T WANT NO BERNIE MADOFF PONZI SCHEME"... and then they proceed to blow over an eighth of their entire personal revenue on perishable amenities, which they freely use as a recruitment incentive to convince other people to join their society instead so that they can use their money to keep buying stuff. :raise:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I don't know if the show conveyed it since I haven't seen it yet but Red droned on and on and on for a full day straight about Utopia State of Freedom. By the time Rob cracked, Red had been punching the same three bullet points for about 20 hours straight to anyone that would listen.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently, I deleted today's episode off my DVR when I thought I was deleting Sunday's episode. I'm not sure if I should even bother trying to find it on demand.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.

TMMadman posted:

Apparently, I deleted today's episode off my DVR when I thought I was deleting Sunday's episode. I'm not sure if I should even bother trying to find it on demand.

If you were a true member of the Utopian State of Freedom you'd watch.

My partner was laughing his rear end off at Dave and his obsession with the Ramen.

Illuen fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 10, 2014

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Oh my god there is no hope for humanity.

asylum years
Feb 27, 2009

you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
It seems like the very first thing you'd want to do is to put some systems in place, like this is how we make decisions or here's some guidelines for how we can have a conversation without screaming over each other. That they can't even do that much is not a good sign at all.

Edit: Earlier someone said Bella killed the chicken. How do we know? That hasn't been on the episodes, right? They just showed her walking in and announcing that it was dead.

asylum years fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 10, 2014

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I'm very disappointed that the lawyer in this group hasn't figured out how to move everyone's share of the $50,000 dollars into his own pocket.

asylum years posted:

Edit: Earlier someone said Bella killed the chicken. How do we know? That hasn't been on the episodes, right? They just showed her walking in and announcing that it was dead.

it was on the 24 hour feeds offered on the website. The survival / nature expert fed them stuff that chickens shouldn't be eating.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bella gave the chickens orange peels I believe which is chicken poison

asylum years
Feb 27, 2009

you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
Did anyone call her out? I am not yet convinced orange peels would kill the chicken myself. But I want her to have killed it because she is crazy and I dislike her.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
aww they had a farmer come in to straighten the people out on what to feed the animals and how to take care of them? This is bullshit. These people are supposed to be operating in an independent society.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Starsfan posted:

aww they had a farmer come in to straighten the people out on what to feed the animals and how to take care of them? This is bullshit. These people are supposed to be operating in an independent society.

No one wants to watch animals die slow painful deaths at the brands of crazy people.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Based on the live feeds I have seen since they moved in, I can say the broadcast show is being very fair with the edits and how they are presented to the viewer. There hasn't been any golden edits to spin certain people a certain way for manufactured drama. That's quite an accomplishment especially for a network like FOX whose every reality show they've aired over the past 10 years has been the "MOST SHOCKING" or "MOST THRILLING" event in history.

The broadcasts have been a straight forward recap of the events that have happened. Sure, they can't show everything but they are hitting all of the main points.

The only hokey thing the broadcast did was that pause during the power-on countdown before the lights came up. When it happened last week the lights just came on.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 10, 2014

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

No one wants to watch animals die slow painful deaths at the brands of crazy people.

I'll endure it if it means eventually watching the people die slow painful deaths through their own incompetence.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

asylum years posted:

Did anyone call her out? I am not yet convinced orange peels would kill the chicken myself. But I want her to have killed it because she is crazy and I dislike her.

From what I've seen of the livestream, Bella is basically the biggest source of conflict for most of the other residents. She came into the show with an agenda, and has been accusing every single person who tells her not to do something of "disrespecting" her. I'm guessing she'll get booted out before too long one way or another.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

Yeah i'm all for watching morons suffer, but lets leave the animals out of it, the chickens didn't agree to be on the show.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

hcreight posted:

From what I've seen of the livestream, Bella is basically the biggest source of conflict for most of the other residents. She came into the show with an agenda, and has been accusing every single person who tells her not to do something of "disrespecting" her. I'm guessing she'll get booted out before too long one way or another.
She is.
Bella is reality show gold but she's a kook that no one wants to work with let alone live with.
She's always on the verge of an emotional breakdown.

That said there are other people higher on the boot list, namely in Aaron and Red.
The broadcast hasn't touched much upon Aaron and his being a food Nazi.
Red is pretty self explanatory as to why everyone wants him gone.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

That he specifically asked for quinoa and pronounced it correctly was enough for Aaron to stay in my mind. Bella, Josh, Red, Dave, Aaron; they need to be kicked out in that order.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Spiky Ooze posted:

Weird thing is it isn't fake. You can watch the live streams. They just fight with each other so much that that's what makes the tv edit.
Everything is fake. I just discovered that the kids on Teens React, the Youtube show, are actors, not random teens.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Why boot Josh?
He's the only one around there that works outside of Rob.
Josh has contracting skills, Rob not so much but will do hard labor if told.

Amanda is worthless and will continue to be as her approach date comes closer.

Aaron sleeps all day after cooking and isn't very effective at that.

Chris does nothing but hump Bri and play the guitar.

Mike has the diplomacy skill but does little more than fingerbanging Dedeker in the hammock all day, although he's not against digging a trench. He just needs to be be told, otherwise he's out chasing Dedeker in the hippie flower commune.

Most all of the women are in Summer camp mode.

Bella is a nutter but is doing something in between being bossy and condescending and breaking down emotionally.

Pastor John is a waste of space (but his story is thankfully coming to a close).

Red is an expert at all things but can't be hosed to prove any of it because he's lazy and stuck on USoF.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Robnoxious posted:

The broadcast hasn't touched much upon Aaron and his being a food Nazi.

I really want to know more about this. Any details?

Seriously, this show is just insanity. How did the show not point out that Red and Dave bought a bunch of perishable items and have no refrigeration? Why did no one have an issue with them just basically stealing $800 from the safe? "Well, since you're doing that, you don't get any of our vegetables...unless you help water them."

The whole USoF, of course, makes no sense whatsoever. "In the USoF, you can get whatever you want! (as long as it's not a water filtration system)" Question for those watching the feeds What's the current state of the USoF now that Dave has been kicked out?

I still think them referring to this as "a new society" is patently false. They're just lovely roommates living on a commune.

Dave yelling "pickled horseradishes" never stopped being hilarious.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Brocktoon posted:

What's the current state of the USoF now that Dave has been kicked out?

He's somewhat more cooperative without Dave in the picture, but still pulls poo poo. Yesterday he made a food order where he bought a bunch of hot dogs that they probably don't need.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
We just got into this show last night - this is the first reality show that's really caught our interest (outside of FaceOff) since Big Brother All Stars (S7, I think?) - anyway - just pulling up the live feeds while I do my daily stuff. Who would've thought that milking a cow would be so boring.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Did the Pastor self evict in a huff yesterday?

*edit*
They should try to cast that crazy guy that wanted to make cyborg-dragon island.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
What is Red----- babbling about on the live cams? Someone's wife----- is sneaking stuff onto the compound for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I only caught the end of that but it sounds like he was accusing the pastor's wife of doing that? And I guess the pastor's gone now?

• Locked thread