Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Excels posted:

When you pick a palette and move your cursor to another character, it stays on that palette if you go back to it.

I know this is such a little thing but it has always driven me nuts that it doesn't do that, it's these little touches that really make the day :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

Chill Penguin posted:

Are any of the streamers playing with more than 2 loving characters??? Like maybe, with FOUR loving smash bros??? In smash bros four??

The demo's limited to that.

Edit: Oh must have misread it :downs:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

mabels big day posted:

None of them are using items either. :(

Derpanite is using items.

LaserBaconMan posted:

I think he means 4 players, which you can do in the demo.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Is there a magic version of twitch where I can turn on the games audio and render the players mute?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

LaserBaconMan posted:

Someone in this very thread was playing with four!!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

LaserBaconMan posted:

FALSE

Volt Catfish posted:

You can set the full 3 CPUS and also their difficulty to whatever you desire like the full. I had it set to just me and 1 cpu for the moment because I was getting a feel for the game.

I'll give a game with all 4 cpus set to 9 for ya a go.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

LaserBaconMan posted:

Edit: Oh must have misread it :downs:

Nah, someone at one point on NeoGAF said there was a two-CPU limit so I wrote that in my post, but it was wrong :shobon:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Macaluso posted:

Also: Shulk's CHALLENGER APPROACHING banner is gone on the website...

:dance:

It was up earlier today too, so we probably getting either a returning character in the next few days or Bowser Jr/Duck Hunt Dog during the NicoNico/Treehouse stream.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

"Everyone's good"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Macaluso posted:

Awesome!!! This is with 3D on too?

Forgot about 3D! Did another 4 man 9 difficult with the 3D on all the way. It was mostly identical to what I said before, except this time one of Villager's bomb attacks and the bomb item slowed the game down for a second. A framedrop, but not too noticable.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
You know how Megaman has a Shoryuken? Apperently he can do Ken's old SF II DP combo

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Chill Penguin posted:

Are any of the streamers playing with more than 2 loving characters??? Like maybe, with FOUR loving smash bros??? In smash bros four??

http://www.twitch.tv/bdcool213_youtube this guy has a bunch of pikachus

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wild Knight posted:

Oh man, Megaman's normals just hit Link's shield. Link might have an advantageous matchup!

Also his victory theme :allears:

I'm more concerned about Mega Man's matchups. I'm not sure how a projectile-focused character is going to hold up in Smash, especially against all the characters with some method of reflecting or absorbing them. It seems like people have had problems playing with him in demos, so either he just needs some getting used to, or he's trash.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Volt Catfish posted:

Forgot about 3D! Did another 4 man 9 difficult with the 3D on all the way. It was mostly identical to what I said before, except this time one of Villager's bomb attacks and the bomb item slowed the game down for a second. A framedrop, but not too noticable.

That's fuckin awesome drat. How did you do this witchcraft Nintendo?

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Does megaman have his slide from the NES games? This is very important.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I really want to know what all Villager can put in his pocket. Like, can he pocket his own trees or bowling balls or Mega Man's normal attack shots?

It looked like he could pocket items and save them for later consumption too. Holding onto a heart container for when you take damage would be super clutch.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

Macaluso posted:

That's fuckin awesome drat. How did you do this witchcraft Nintendo?

By cutting the Ice Climbers, obviously.

Leadthumb posted:

Does megaman have his slide from the NES games? This is very important.

It's his down tilt and it was like the second thing he did in his reveal trailer, keep up dude what the gently caress

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Wild Knight posted:

It's his down tilt and it was like the second thing he did in his reveal trailer, keep up dude what the gently caress

GOTY

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

That it runs smoothly in 3D give or take a few frames is fantastic news, because I can't use the 3D with my stereoblindness so it will always run even smoother. :getin:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
:(

Excels fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 10, 2014

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Excels posted:

:pcgaming:MARIO HAS THE TORNADO:pcgaming:

how

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Excels posted:

the best news

gently caress a fludd

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Excels posted:

Wait, what?! Does he still have FLUDD too?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
I definitely just saw Mario do the tornado in midair. Have not seen any sign of FLUDD. Might be restricted to ground?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Mario Tornado was Mario's down air in Brawl too guys. :geno: Sounds like it's better, though.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Excels posted:

DONT LIE TO ME MAN
DONT YOU DARE DO THIS TO ME
DONT PROMISE ME HEAVEN THEN TAKE IT ALL ALWAY

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Excels posted:

I definitely just saw Mario do the tornado in midair. Have not seen any sign of FLUDD. Might be restricted to ground?

that's his down air, it was in brawl too

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
These guys are freaking out about pivot smashes. Was that not a thing?

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pikachu is so dim, that's odd looking.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Excels posted:

My loving emotions. :argh:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Supercar Gautier posted:

There's a guy on derpanite's stream who seems almost annoyed and dismayed that the game runs better than it did at E3.

Wait was there like, an actual contingent of people hoping the game was going to be bad or something?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Where's our voluntary thread servant who tested the 3D? You there, verify this outrageous claim that the tornado is back, and not just the Brawl one!! There's half a crown in it for you.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Villager's spawn animation :swoon:

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Wait was there like, an actual contingent of people hoping the game was going to be bad or something?

Yeah like 25% of the melee community was calling it garbage the day they found out it wasnt just melee HD.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Bicyclops posted:

Where's our voluntary thread servant who tested the 3D? You there, verify this outrageous claim that the tornado is back, and not just the Brawl one!! There's half a crown in it for you.

His down-a in the air is a spin. His down-b is still the FLUDD.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

sharrrk posted:

that's his down air, it was in brawl too

oh the spinny downward kick? weak...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Volt Catfish posted:

His down-a in the air is a tornado. His down-b is still the FLUDD.

Daaaaaaaammmmmmn yoooouuuuuu Excccellllllsss!!! :argh:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

You don't understand. The only way to be cool is to hate things people like.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Villager pocketing items for later use, officially the coolest poo poo :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Excels posted:

Excels you are a moron.

• Locked thread