Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Prison Warden posted:

I wonder whatever happened with Buu in Trunk's time. I guess Babidi picked him up, left, took over heaven and in a few years Beerus showed up and vaporised him.

Didn't Babidi need a lot of energy to revive him? Energy he couldn't have gotten with all the Z fighters dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Didn't Babidi need a lot of energy to revive him? Energy he couldn't have gotten with all the Z fighters dead?

Yeah, I think Babidi sensed the huge power spikes given off during the Cell/Gohan fight and went, "Holy poo poo, this is my chance." and booked a plane ticket to Earth.

Otherwise, Buu is just dust stuck in that egg forever.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I imagine that with the Z fighters dead, he would've just drained Dabura. Or taken him off world to get the energy from a whole bunch of weaker people, but we're entering fanfic territory here.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

There's actually a game that covers that. The answer is a bunch more time travel.

What is this on? I gotta bring it to Frankomatic's attention.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What was considered the strongest warrior at the time, Gohan at SSJ2 (before Goku was secretly hiding he was once again the strongest), drained fully on purpose was still not enough to power Majin Buu. It needed energy again from the fighting Gohan/Vegeta/Goku did in Buu's energy abortion thing.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

ImpAtom posted:

There's actually a game that covers that. The answer is a bunch more time travel.

Technically, two. Only Another Road had a fully fleshed out Story Mode, but Heroes does have a short little animated segment on it.

Another Road gives Future Gohan Mystic, while Heroes gives Future Trunks Super 3 (and eventually gives Future Gohan that as well).

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Does anyone in this thread actually play Dragon Ball Heroes? What is it like? How is the story and is it canon? Also whos the Goku lookalike in the red Gi in all of the videos?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

facebook jihad posted:

Figured that stuff just never happened because of Multiverse theory or something.

Did Trunks know it was more universe crossing before he went in or did he think it was actual time travel? I know they cover the "science" behind it around the same time they do in abridged, but I keep thinking Trunks learned through trial and error that it wasn't actual time travel.

But it has to be time travel because otherwise trunks would be way older than all the other trunks.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Remember Trunks had a "if all else fails" plan. He was going to bring Goku back to his future so they could fight the androids together.

MastG
May 25, 2014
You could go the boring made-up route and just assume Babadi dies to someone or something else and never gets a chance to revive Buu in the future timeline.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Hercule survives the Android Apocalypse and befriends Buu shortly after he's hatched. They later meet Trunks and go on an adventure to Namek to borrow their Dragon Balls.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

dr.acula posted:

Does anyone in this thread actually play Dragon Ball Heroes? What is it like? How is the story and is it canon? Also whos the Goku lookalike in the red Gi in all of the videos?

Heroes is a Trading Card arcade game with two games on the 3DS. They use the Budokai character model style, and the player has a choice of playing as a number of character avatars, 3 classes per "race." Currently they have Saiyan males and females, Namekians, Freeza-clan, Majin, and Androids. And yes, the Saiyans can go up to Super 3, all of them. In addition to that, they have a gorillion different characters to choose from as teammates, from Arale to Zarbon, Neko Majin to Bebi Janenba, Super Saiyan 3 Future Gohan to Super Saiyan 3 GT Gotenks, a couple dozen different Gokus, Vegetas, and that's just scratching the surface.

There is no real story beyond the manga (in which it's kind of a game set in the far future of DB) and the little animated advertisements for it. This includes the Super Saiyan Bardock special. None of it is strictly "canon" to the manga/anime, though you could say it's a bunch of alternate timeline shenanigans going on.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I want this game pretty bad now. Probably isnt ever going to come out here though :smith:

MastG
May 25, 2014
I wish we'd get both Zenkai Battle Royale and Heroes.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I remember once reading this series of essays that theorized what would happen if you removed various characters from Dragon Ball and how events would play out.

The problem was, they all ended in 'Eventually Babadi wakes Buu up and kills the universe.'

MastG
May 25, 2014

Cornwind Evil posted:

I remember once reading this series of essays that theorized what would happen if you removed various characters from Dragon Ball and how events would play out.

The problem was, they all ended in 'Eventually Babadi wakes Buu up and kills the universe.'

Remove the crazed gunman that shoots Bee. Then you'd just have to hope nobody mortally wounds Buu's friends.

MastG fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 10, 2014

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
The editing for Buu in the latest episode of Kai works really well. He's such a hilarious yet creepy enemy (currently fighting Majin Vegeta). And all the characters are aware of how ridiculous he is and yet are terrified of him. It's pretty fun.

Also, apparently Piccolo now trims his nails. I'm sure there's a pun in there.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Factory Factory posted:

The editing for Buu in the latest episode of Kai works really well. He's such a hilarious yet creepy enemy (currently fighting Majin Vegeta). And all the characters are aware of how ridiculous he is and yet are terrified of him. It's pretty fun.

Also, apparently Piccolo now trims his nails. I'm sure there's a pun in there.

Shame piccolos don't use reeds.

Torix
Nov 9, 2005

Dabura is a super cool villain and deserved more than the two episode's worth of attention he got. He had a ton of cool powers and a respectable amount of strength, but unfortunately he got sidelined due to Buu being the ultimate goal and the insane power gain of the main characters. I feel as though he should have had an arc of his own earlier in the show.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Torix posted:

Dabura is a super cool villain and deserved more than the two episode's worth of attention he got. He had a ton of cool powers and a respectable amount of strength, but unfortunately he got sidelined due to Buu being the ultimate goal and the insane power gain of the main characters. I feel as though he should have had an arc of his own earlier in the show.

Unfortunately his battle rival was Gohan, and we all know how the Buu arc handled Gohan in general.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Dabura was part of the running gag that was Babidi going "hahahaha these puny earthlings stand no chance against my gallery of space villai- why do they keep getting one shotted?"

If it's any consolation, he took down Piccolo with a trick. And Krillin too, I think. Pretty sure somebody clowned on Krillin at the beginning of the arc.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Dabura was part of the running gag that was Babidi going "hahahaha these puny earthlings stand no chance against my gallery of space villai- why do they keep getting one shotted?"

If it's any consolation, he took down Piccolo with a trick. And Krillin too, I think. Pretty sure somebody clowned on Krillin at the beginning of the arc.

Yeah, he spit on both of them and they turned to stone.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Even the weaker start of Buu Saga Gohan was stronger than Piccolo or Krillin. Dabura being on his level isn't too shabby for that point in time.
Only Goku and Vegeta could have beaten him.

For the dub of Kai Buu Saga, I hope they bring back Dabura's original dub VA. He was one of the few performances that was just perfect from the first time he said anything. I'd honestly say he was one of the best voices in the whole dub.

Also they better keep this in Kai's version of the Buu Saga.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvHxwhqQ8lE

Dabura at least got the best death of any Z villain.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

NikkolasKing posted:

Even the weaker start of Buu Saga Gohan was stronger than Piccolo or Krillin. Dabura being on his level isn't too shabby for that point in time.
Only Goku and Vegeta could have beaten him.

For the dub of Kai Buu Saga, I hope they bring back Dabura's original dub VA. He was one of the few performances that was just perfect from the first time he said anything. I'd honestly say he was one of the best voices in the whole dub.

Also they better keep this in Kai's version of the Buu Saga.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvHxwhqQ8lE

Dabura at least got the best death of any Z villain.

I kind of doubt that filler will make it, if the car driving lesson didn't :(

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I was thinking about how I've always kinda liked Supreme Kai BUT he gets pretty much no respect. Piccolo says in no uncertain times Supreme Kai is stronger than he is but everyone online keeps falling aLl over themselves to make dumb excuses. "Oh what he MEANT was that Supreme Kai is God of the Universe, not that he was actually more powerful." Oh shut up, the dialogue is unambiguous and it was even clarified in one of the Daizenshuus.

Anyway, I think the reason the guy gets no respect is because he spends most of the Buu Saga going "eep! Pui-Pui! Eeep, Yakon1 Eeep, Dabura!" People think he's a sniveling wimp. But you know, when Buu was actually released, Supreme Kai stood up to him best he could. he fared about as well as Gohan (ie. he lost immediately) but what's that expression about "bravery doesn't mean you aren't afraid but rather that you face what you are afraid of." Something like that. Supreme Kai did that.

Anyway, I was thinking on that and I was wondering how TFS will characterize him. I wonder if they are going to wimpify him or maybe go the complete opposite route and try to make him super-cool and badass. Or maybe just apathetic.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Philosopher King posted:

I just realized something, why didnt they ever wish future trunk's people back with the dragon balls? Kind of a dick move to just send him back to his ruined planet.

Picollo died by the Androids.

No way to wish them back unless they go to Namek again, and I doubt the rest of the cast would bother going on the trip when every fighter worth a drat got chumped by a teenage girl wearing a cowgirl vest.

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

Parrotine posted:

Picollo died by the Androids.

No way to wish them back unless they go to Namek again, and I doubt the rest of the cast would bother going on the trip when any fighter worth a drat got chumped by a teenage girl cyborg wearing a cowgirl top.

"Really you want me to wish a guy back from an alternate timeline? Of all the bullshit loving wishes you people have asked from me over and over... You know what forget it. I'm done with this poo poo." *theme from Curb Your Enthusiasm plays*

As far Supreme Kai goes he seems like kinda a crappy god considering he had no idea that all this crazy poo poo with super-powered beings was going on.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

JoeCL posted:

"Really you want me to wish a guy back from an alternate timeline? Of all the bullshit loving wishes you people have asked from me over and over... You know what forget it. I'm done with this poo poo." *theme from Curb Your Enthusiasm plays*

As far Supreme Kai goes he seems like kinda a crappy god considering he had no idea that all this crazy poo poo with super-powered beings was going on.

The ineptitude of the Kais is just loving atrocious. King Kai was the only guy who was at all proactive about any serious threats to the balance of the universe, and he was basically middle management.

Supreme Kai didn't even seem to know how anything worked, even the magical artifacts he wore on his goddamn ears for time untold. So this is what passes for omnipotence these days?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Look bud, when you've got billions of planets to juggle like they were checkpoints in a business proposal, a kai is allowed to let a few things slip his radar

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Does Supreme Kai even actually do anything of note? I didn't even remember him at all until I watched a bit of the Buu saga a while back.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Does Supreme Kai even actually do anything of note? I didn't even remember him at all until I watched a bit of the Buu saga a while back.

As every other non-Goku character, he provides reaction shots.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
The other characters at least have some plot relevance at some point or another. Supreme Kai is just kind of... there.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hell he did the perm fusion and was all like YEAH i can take on Buu! and the Old Supreme Kai was like nope you still suck.

Sums him up pretty perfectly.

I mean apparently he's stronger than Frieza, but let's face it Frieza ends up being a joke once SS arrived so that's not saying much.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Sep 15, 2014

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shindragon posted:

Hell he did the perm fusion and was all like YEAH i can take on Buu! and the Old Supreme Kai was like nope you still suck.

He's the straight man; the Buu saga is comedy.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Shindragon posted:

I mean apparently he's stronger than Frieza, but let's face it Frieza ends up being a joke once SS arrived so that's not saying much.

Yeah that's the thing that bugged me most about the new movie, that the god of loving destruction used a pissant like Freiza as his metric for badass. Dude was garbage, and he must have known about Buu.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Power levels matter a lot. *makes a buzzsaw out of kung fu lasers, throws it at a genie made out of bubblegum*

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Mindless destruction is one thing, but enslaving large chunks of the known universe? Now that's style.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
To be fair to mancat, it's his job.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I always got the impression that Supreme Kai/Kaioshin was new at his job when Buu originally attacked, and then Buu went and killed all his co-workers and his boss, so now he had to do all their work and had no one to teach him the tricks of the trade. It's probably telling that you can replace Kais (Old Supreme Kai), but Kaioshin/Supreme Kai never did. Maybe he just wasn't qualified.

Then again, this works better with the dub's timeline that Buu was sealed hundreds of years ago, while the original writing had him sealed five MILLION years ago. Maybe that's why Bills didn't remember him: it was so drat long ago and by the series canon Freiza was the strongest thing to come along since (since the movies don't count and hence Bojack and Hildegarn don't technically exist, as well as any possible Legendary Super Saiyans).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Also remember that the destruction by the post-Freeza villains was mostly localized to Earth. Had Cell or Buu gone on a universe-wide destruction spree, I'm sure Bills would have heard of them. Freeza had a wide enough sphere of influence that about a quarter of the known universe (most of the northern quadrant) was directly under his control.

• Locked thread