Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

coconono posted:

Jericho doing a rendition of Mark Henry's theme with a cowbell so far is the only thing worth listening to in his intro.

Jericho's interviews with HHH and Batista are must listens.

E: What did Joe Rogan say that caused a bunch of ppl to hate tweet him about prowrestlings?

He got mad that people like a fake sport because he's incapable of separating fantasy and reality. People started asking him if he gets lovely because Game of Thrones isn't a legit documentary about dragons and incest, or because Breaking Bad doesn't actually teach you how to cope with cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bix and Voices of Wrestling talk Observer Hall of Fame for 2 hours!

Bix floats a terrifying theory that The Fabs won't be added to the ballot because Stan is already in with the Midnight Express.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jerusalem posted:

Austin/Heyman are pretty much the best the Austin podcasts have been so far, so if you didn't like that (I loved it) I guess his style just doesn't work for you. Jericho definitely does better interviews, but Austin's got an all around more enjoyable show (for me anyway) and I can pretty much listen to him talk about anything, while with Jericho I find a lot of his pre-interview stuff average at best and aggravating at worst.

Jericho is great when he's not trying too hard, but he's usually trying too hard.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Bix and Voices of Wrestling talk Observer Hall of Fame for 2 hours!

Bix floats a terrifying theory that The Fabs won't be added to the ballot because Stan is already in with the Midnight Express.

Bix shouldn't even be allowed to vote in the HoF. He's worse than some baseball writers.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sempervive is really the only secondary person on F4W who doesn't consistently pass off conjecture as fact

e: and National Treasure Karl Stern, I guess

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Sempervive is really the only secondary person on F4W who doesn't consistently pass off conjecture as fact

We're including Bryan in this, right?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sportsgenius86 posted:

Alan isn't bad at conjecture but he's also one of the most positive people I've ever listened to on that site.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Best thing Bix ever did was get tooled by Bischoff on WOL.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

We're including Bryan in this, right?

To an extent. Bryan's just kind of there most of the time and he's fairly reasonable at prefacing things as opinions IMO. He's a stubborn rear end sometimes but I don't notice it as much with him.

But Todd, Bix, Mookie, Lance, Nason, Coughlin, Thatcher, all have this tendency to take their belief and find ways to represent it as fact.

Dr. lucha is cool as gently caress. Forgot about him initially. And I don't listen to DKP because it sounds like it's recorded underwater.

I mostly hate Todd, Bix and MookieGhana.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

To an extent. Bryan's just kind of there most of the time and he's fairly reasonable at prefacing things as opinions IMO. He's a stubborn rear end sometimes but I don't notice it as much with him.

But Todd, Bix, Mookie, Lance, Nason, Coughlin, Thatcher, all have this tendency to take their belief and find ways to represent it as fact.

Dr. lucha is cool as gently caress. Forgot about him initially. And I don't listen to DKP because it sounds like it's recorded underwater.

I mostly hate Todd, Bix and MookieGhana.

Mookieghana for having an econometrics background seems to create the least robust statistical analysis I've ever seen. Couglin's beliefs are mainly "Armenians and Brazilians are weak. My jiu jitsu teacher is a God."

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The problem with Bryan is that he gets an idea in his head of where he thinks a storyline/match should go, and refuses to let it go. He then gets convinced that's the only logical way to do it and is then surprised when what he suggests doesn't happen.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

to be fair he was right all along about Triple H and Shawn Michaels' secret plan

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Fun fact: The kid who was yelling "LET'S GO CENA" during the Brock/Cena match at Summerslam? It was Bill Simmons' daughter:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/b-s-report-michelle-beadle/

Convo starts at around the 5:15 mark

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Daniel Bryan posted:

The problem with Bryan is that he gets an idea in his head of where he thinks a storyline/match should go, and refuses to let it go. He then gets convinced that's the only logical way to do it and is then surprised when what he suggests doesn't happen.

To be fair this is pretty much the entire IWC.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dancing Peasant posted:

Fun fact: The kid who was yelling "LET'S GO CENA" during the Brock/Cena match at Summerslam? It was Bill Simmons' daughter:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/b-s-report-michelle-beadle/

Convo starts at around the 5:15 mark

hahaha that's awesome

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

bryan has suddenly started labeling the shows as like Wrestling Observer Radio 9/9 as opposed to Sept 9 Observer Radio and for some reason this small change is really throwing me off

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
New OSW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYyOE8hNgI0

...there are no words for how DOA WWECW was.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

hahaha that's awesome

There was a point halfway through the massacre where she'd stopped for just a minute, and then started again and I seriously couldn't stop laughing.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

cronox2 posted:

New OSW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYyOE8hNgI0

...there are no words for how DOA WWECW was.

Holy loving poo poo the state of the editing in those Condemned clips

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Not sure if anybody here listens to it, but for the 5th Anniversary Review-A-Wai, they decided to MST3k the Brawl For All.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dsriggs posted:

Not sure if anybody here listens to it, but for the 5th Anniversary Review-A-Wai, they decided to MST3k the Brawl For All.
I stopped listening to Review-a-Wai because the dude not named Wai (I forget his name) would always go for 20+ minutes rant about completely nothing. It was like being forced into a conversation with my mildly racist grandfather. Yes, grampa, they should really stop being offended by the word Christmas.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

john pollock, and yeah he can be pretty annoying. i don't listen to them anywhere near as much as i used to because i kinda can't stand him.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

What are the most legendary Bryan and Vinny rants? Victory Road, December to Dismember, "HOW DO YOU gently caress UP WARGAMES?"

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Russo returns to TNA, plus Angle's debut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAJ6oQ8oZBo

Victory Road '09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78TlpvYedug

Victory Road '11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5AWX8uapKo

December to Dismember (split into two parts)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi3cPpP5X_8

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Podcasts/Observer Thread - ...and out come the other two dorks with the blow up doll.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cardboard Box posted:

john pollock, and yeah he can be pretty annoying. i don't listen to them anywhere near as much as i used to because i kinda can't stand him.
He apparently slapped a child at some event too, according to someone else on this subforum.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Man I miss mark

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Looks like there's a new mlw radio show with Kevin Sullivan and MSL. I'll give it a listen at least once.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Perigryn posted:

He apparently slapped a child at some event too, according to someone else on this subforum.

You're thinking of one of the other LAW guys. I've fallen off of listening to Review-a-Wai as often myself. Shows like the Attitude Era podcast seem to have so much more fun with their content. It is way too obvious on some of the reviews that Pollock and Wai are covering so much wrestling per week that they are just burnt out and it has became a chore for them.

The337th fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Sep 10, 2014

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Luigi Thirty posted:

What are the most legendary Bryan and Vinny rants? Victory Road, December to Dismember, "HOW DO YOU gently caress UP WARGAMES?"

I can't remember which Wrestlemania it was, but when they had an argument about a John Cena entrance that involved saluting the flag/OUR TROOPS/soldier poo poo, Vinny got so mad it sounded like he was actually gonna fight Bryan on air.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Perigryn posted:

Yeah that was Jason Agnew.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

GoutPatrol posted:

I can't remember which Wrestlemania it was, but when they had an argument about a John Cena entrance that involved saluting the flag/OUR TROOPS/soldier poo poo, Vinny got so mad it sounded like he was actually gonna fight Bryan on air.

THEY WEREN'T BOOING THE AIR FORCE, VINNY.

Wrestlemania 26.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
John Pollock is like the only tolerable guy on the LAW shows. Agnew is a known rear end in a top hat, their intern/phone guy comes off like a huge creeper, and Wai Ting is a black hole of charisma.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Require More Fire posted:

Wai Ting is a black hole of charisma.
Finally. I see so many people pushing Review-A-Wai, but it's clear the tech guy wants to be on-air talent too. I think he's just awful. And I like more candid, less polished talk radio, too.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

njsykora posted:

Yeah that was Jason Agnew.
Thanks, I knew it started with a J.

Still don't listen to the show anymore either way.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think Wai Ting has ever felt an emotion in his life.

I used to listen to the show and then I realized the only time I ever laughed was when John was being kind of racist and Wai Ting just destroyed him. Which had nothing to do with wrestling.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I listened to Review-A-Wai one time for a total of maybe 5 minutes and if I never hear another second of it, it will have been enough.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
The rest of the LAW crew seems to think that Wai is far more funny/interesting than he really is. I still listen to the occasional LAW podcast if the subject matter is interesting but the moment that Pollock makes some joke, and Wai replies with a loud smack of his lips and "Yeah, sure," and silence, I delete the podcast and move on.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Wang > Wai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Wang > Wai

e:f,b

• Locked thread