Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

mabels big day posted:

That's nothing we've seen before yet right? Is that like a Pikmin stage?

Looks like Smash Run to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

Kelp Plankton posted:

I haven't played Batman: Arkham Origins: Blackgate: The Video Game yet but their Mega Man reboot looked really bland, even if it was pretty early. I hope people aren't confusing me bringing it up as interesting with me actually being enthusiastic about that team or footage, because haha no.

I'm that guy who wishes Maverick Hunter was greenlit. Go for it, smash me in my sleep.

Not because I actually like FPS or Bomberman Act Zero-style dark gritty reboots, but just because it would've been a loving Megaman game at all.

I really want Sakurai's studio to contract with Capcom after these games and make Mega Man Uprising, not even with any effort, just drop Mega Man into the Kid Icarus Uprising engine, I'd be happy with that.

Arkham Origins Blackgate was awful though. Like draining-the-will-to-live awful.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also has this been posted? Zero found a pretty neat combo

Cool Combo!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

If you want combos play marvel

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mabels big day posted:

For a second I thought it was a Zack and Wiki stage. Truly an age of dreamers

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

If you want combos play marvel

nah

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

whalestory posted:

Cool Combo!

Yeah that's cute, regrab combos are always my favorite.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oddium posted:

For a second I thought it was a Zack and Wiki stage. Truly an age of dreamers

That was a good game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mabels big day posted:

That was a good game

Zack and Wiki was a better Wii game than Xenoblade. Hopefully when Nintendo aquires Capcom we'll see them in Smash 5 for Wiivolution and Virtual Boy 2

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mabels big day posted:

Smash run.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

If anyone hasn't seen it, here's Megaman combo breaking with Rush. It looks really janky, and I don't think it's intentional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1aLKgGvQug

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

F. Lobot posted:

If anyone hasn't seen it, here's Megaman combo breaking with Rush. It looks really janky, and I don't think it's intentional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1aLKgGvQug

Doesn't seem to work past 100%

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Seems more like a combo of how Rush works and the low hitstun and knockback on Mario's throw. I doubt this is universal.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Have Smash Mario's fireballs always made the NES SMB fireball impact sound when they hit? I noticed they do in Smash 4 and I love it. :3:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread, the demo confirms the existence of a new Pictochat stage, Pictochat 2:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread, the demo confirms the existence of a new Pictochat stage, Pictochat 2:

Thank god.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Vanrushal posted:

Have Smash Mario's fireballs always made the NES SMB fireball impact sound when they hit? I noticed they do in Smash 4 and I love it. :3:

Nope, it's new. A ton of stuff has it's retro sound effects this time around, which is great. Mario's cape does the flippy cape sound from World also. There's probably a bunch of other smaller examples but it's hard to pick them out of the chaos sometimes.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
And the warp star makes the same sound as in Superstar. And maybe other Kirby games I haven't played.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I kinda wonder if we'll get a Pushmo inspired stage.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
Probably already been mentioned but I love the Smash 64 throwback music playing at the results screen.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

homphgomph posted:

Probably already been mentioned but I love the Smash 64 throwback music playing at the results screen.

Yeah that's so awesome. In a smash game, whichever song plays during the post-match rankings is probably the one that's going to be heard the most. I'm glad it's that one. :)

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Kurtofan posted:

Oh, I'd thought that was just Brawl's Pictochat. Good.

Still sad about no Flat Zone 3.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So I'm like 1k posts behind. Is there a demo yet?

Edit - Yup.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

It basically means the end of every match will be a small smack of nostalgia to top off the new game we're getting and I am absolutely fine with that.

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

I can't wait for a Swapnote stage that gets taken down two weeks from the game release never to be available again.

e: Or a Flipnote stage that is only in the Japanese version.

PS1 Hagrid fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 10, 2014

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

This new game reminds me a lot of Smash 64 gameplay, so the music is fitting.

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012

Hungry Bit posted:

I can't wait for a Swapnote stage that gets taken down two weeks from the game release never to be available again.

e: Or a Flipnote stage that is only in the Japanese version.

NIKKI

Gets her game banned!

It's ok, Nikki, at least you're actually playable as a Mii Fighter :unsmith:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Wii U release date is supposed to be unveiled this Friday

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Truxton posted:

NIKKI

Gets her game banned!

It's ok, Nikki, at least you're actually playable as a Mii Fighter :unsmith:

That page of Mii codes a while back had her Mii on it lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Harlock posted:

That would make sense. It would be an excellent way to keep the hype going to announce right before the other game hits the shelves. Here's what you're playing and here's what you have to look forward to, that kind of thing.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Harlock posted:

:holy:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I figured this stream was just going to be a kind of low-key thing where the Treehouse guys hosed around in Smash Bros for 8 hours, but it's sounding more and more like this is a proper, organized streaming event. I'd be surprised if they don't have a few trailers(maybe not cinematic ones, but something) for the secret newcomers ready to go.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Do you think it's possible they will change a few things around for the wii u version based off of observing how people play the 3ds one?

And will changes made for the wii u version propagate to the 3ds version?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

whalestory posted:

Do you think it's possible they will change a few things around for the wii u version based off of observing how people play the 3ds one?

There's no way the devs would make balance/quality-of-life additions to one version of the game and not add them to the other version as well.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Kelp Plankton posted:

I figured this stream was just going to be a kind of low-key thing where the Treehouse guys hosed around in Smash Bros for 8 hours, but it's sounding more and more like this is a proper, organized streaming event. I'd be surprised if they don't have a few trailers(maybe not cinematic ones, but something) for the secret newcomers ready to go.

Make it 8 hours of those bizarre melee how to play videos and I'm in.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

It's November 21st.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

whalestory posted:

Sakurai made it sound like both versions were done, they just had prioritized QA for the 3DS version to get it out first instead of delaying both games. He made a really big point of Smash Bros playtesting and bug-hunting being some huge soul-destroying ordeal due to how many factors are involved in any given match on any given stage with any given variety of items and characters, which I'm sure is just further compounded by the custom moves and gear systems.

I doubt they'll change anything by the time the game releases, but we might see some simultaneous patches deployed that adjust really small things for both games. Like what they did with the Mario Kart 8 menus.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm calling high probability that the Wiiu announcement, if true, will reveal we ain't getting it til 2015

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The problem with the 3DS version being patched is this: what happens if you play local multiplayer with a friend who hasn't downloaded the patch, for whatever reasons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Dunban posted:

The problem with the 3DS version being patched is this: what happens if you play local multiplayer with a friend who hasn't downloaded the patch, for whatever reasons?

There's a version mismatch and it won't let you play, like every other patchable multiplayer game in the last 20 years?

• Locked thread