Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Bryan posted:

"They want me to turn" what does that mean if this were a sport, I mean who would loving say that? I guess maybe Jon Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Wang's really cool because he sounds like Billy Quizboy from Venture Bros. I would listen to a podcast of Billy Quizboy and Pete White reviewing Total Divas.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

OctoberCountry posted:

Wang's really cool because he sounds like Billy Quizboy from Venture Bros. I would listen to a podcast of Billy Quizboy and Pete White reviewing Total Divas.

He does sound, and act like, Billy Quizboy

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

OctoberCountry posted:

Does anyone in the world of wrestling podcasts sound like White?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Ok, I figured someone would've posted about it by now so I'll bite. Did anyone listen to the Russo Ross Report that came out last night? I had planned on listening due to the train wreck appeal but then I read JR taped it before Russo was fired by TNA so I didn't bother.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Ok, I figured someone would've posted about it by now so I'll bite. Did anyone listen to the Russo Ross Report that came out last night? I had planned on listening due to the train wreck appeal but then I read JR taped it before Russo was fired by TNA so I didn't bother.

I'm listening to Roddy Piper interview Kamala because its so drat :3: it hurts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah I downloaded it but I haven't bothered listening to it since I read in the description that it was before he was fired, which is probably the most interesting thing about him at the moment.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I got about 5 minutes into the interview and switched to something more interesting. It was just a lot of "I swear to gaaawd" and "Let me tell yous" without much else. I was interested to see if JR would ask about Oklahoma, but I'll just wait until someone with more patience posts about it.

Also, JR is obsessed with the lighting in ROH.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Also, JR is obsessed with the lighting in ROH.

It's something Cornette was pretty on them about when he was there too, I think. I wouldn't be surprised if he and JR talked about it.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Of all the things JR complains about, I totally get the ROH lights one and Sinclair not putting money into production.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

triplexpac posted:

It's something Cornette was pretty on them about when he was there too, I think. I wouldn't be surprised if he and JR talked about it.

That and they wouldn't bring back the Midnight Express.

Did you know that the Midnight Express Vs The Rock And Roll Express was the greatest feud of all time? Never mind that everyone involved in the feud are a bunch of greasy knackers.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Of all the things JR complains about, I totally get the ROH lights one and Sinclair not putting money into production.

Seriously, ROH's production is trash and deserves to be poo poo on.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Gonzo McFee posted:

Did you know that the Midnight Express Vs The Rock And Roll Express was the greatest feud of all time? Never mind that everyone involved in the feud are a bunch of greasy knackers.

Looks like someone forgot about The Freebirds vs. The Entire State Of By God Texas

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

What does the way they look like have anything to do with it? Wrestling is full of ugly SOB's and many of them drew money.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

Seriously, ROH's production is trash and deserves to be poo poo on.

It was garbage 2-3 years ago in the early Sinclair period and still isn't great, but they have made improvements. Their iPPV feeds are higher res and more reliable then they used to be, and their in house music has gotten a lot better.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They should put all of the money toward audio. gently caress the lights, I can see poo poo fine. The sound is horrendous.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Episode 58 of the Wrestlehut Pisscast is available below or on your preferred RSS/iTunes machine thingy. There is in depth talk on Raw, Ring of Honor, a brief WCW note, music, general things and sisters for life.

http://tindeck.com/listen/bwdm
http://pisscast.blogspot.com/
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7j57pzh70j4axdu/058+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I'd have sent a question, but Bill Buckner couldn't bend over to pick it uuuuuuuuup!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Everything is a ribeye on Pete Rose.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Russo has got to be one of the most dishonest guys on the planet. I say this as someone who defends him because I think he should be given some credit for the Attitude Era.

I'll quote him at 1:15

"Here are the facts JR, and here are the numbers because I'm a numbers guy. I always say in this business JR, it's not about anyone's opinion. Everyone's opinion does not matter. It's not who you like and who you want to push and who you have heat with. All that means nothing. All that matters is who is delivering the number. What are the facts, who are they watching. That's all that matters. So I'll never forget it JR, Ed and I went into WCW. The last show before we went in - Chris Benoit and Bret Hart had like a memorial match for Owen and it was like a 3 segment match with perhaps the two greatest workers in the history of professional wrestling. That show JR - the week before Ed and I came in - and anybody can go back and look, obviously I'd be an idiot to be making up these numbers. That show did a 2.6. Okay, Ed and I came in and within 3 months, the show was up to a 3.5. Then the politics came in. They told me they were going in another direction. We go from a 2.6 to a 3.5 in 3 months and they want to go in a different direction."

Look at the Nitro ratings for WCW.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Night_Wars

The 2.6 on Oct 11, 1999 was an anomaly. Every Nitro on Nov 99 was a 3 or above. Every Nitro in Sept 99 was a 3 or above. It only dipped below a 3 four times that year. (One of them under Russo around Christmas)

Why not just say he got Nitro to a 3.5 on Oct 25. Because it was. Of course Nitro was also a 4.1 on Sept 6.

Oh, and the 2.6 wasn't for the Benoit vs Bret memorial Nitro either. That was for the following week. This show. http://rspw.org/petrie/991011.txt

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Russo does this thing where he claims to be a numbers guy and will cite how he turned ratings around but if you bring up vanishing buyrates under his tenure he'll always say he's not familiar with those numbers and thus cannot comment on them

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Vince Russo's wikipedia page

During his first run as head of creative Russo failed to increase the ratings during his first three-month tenure as the head of creative in WCW, and PPV buyrates were down significantly with Starrcade 1999 doing the lowest buyrate in WCW history and down 75% from the previous year. The next PPV Souled Out, which was promoted under the Russo era (Russo was removed from power the weekend of the event, but all of television and matches had been promoted by Vince Russo), did even worse with a .25 buyrate, just barely beating ECW's January PPV (.21 buyrate) and doing less than 1/6th the buys that the 2000 Royal Rumble did.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Russo also lost the company a lot of money in rights fees when he demanded Nitro go to 2 hours. That move was designed to bring up the ratings for the other two hours.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Episode 58 of the Wrestlehut Pisscast is available below or on your preferred RSS/iTunes machine thingy. There is in depth talk on Raw, Ring of Honor, a brief WCW note, music, general things and sisters for life.

http://tindeck.com/listen/bwdm
http://pisscast.blogspot.com/
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7j57pzh70j4axdu/058+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

I take full responsibility for that weird buzzing noise at around 55 minutes

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Russo also lost the company a lot of money in rights fees when he demanded Nitro go to 2 hours. That move was designed to bring up the ratings for the other two hours.

Look MassRafter these are the facts and THUMP the THUMP numbers THUMP don't THUMP lie!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 11, 2014

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hey you wanna talk about facts and numbers? Lets talk about numbers then bro. Cuz I got some numbers prepared right here

(Scott Steiner enters room)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dr. Lucha doesn't think Lucha Underground qualifies as lucha and thus doesn't want to cover it going forward. I love that man.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i mean, it really doesn't. there's like what, two or three AAA guys?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dr. Lucha is right, but Konnan is Ricochet's manager so I'm completely sold on watching this disaster. Dave says the contract stuff was worked out and Ricochet will be free to do Gabe shows. Hopefully PWG is allowed.

quote:

The plan is to tape 39 episodes at the studio over the next seven months as the first season, and then next year try to break out with touring, major shows, PPV and merchandise.
39 hours of Wrestling Society X: Starring Chavo Jr!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

39 hours of Wrestling Society X: Starring Chavo Jr!

Has Chavo had a Twitter meltdown over Dave saying he's not a big deal and couldn't even make it in TNA yet?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

njsykora posted:

Has Chavo had a Twitter meltdown over Dave saying he's not a big deal and couldn't even make it in TNA yet?
Not yet. He's probably still ecstatic they're making a comic book about him where Guerrero DNA grants people superpowers.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Look MassRafter these are the facts and THUMP the THUMP numbers THUMP don't THUMP lie!

Bro, I had nothing to do with that.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

AEPodcast are putting out a "secret bonus episode" this weekend, apparently.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

holding out hope they review total divas.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

e: :argh: tabs!

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Didn't they say something about a bonus episode on Crash Holly and the 24/7 Hardcore Title period coming next in the WM2000 episode?

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

They also hinted strongly at a Legends House review, so that's what I'm expecting.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Also an XFL episode was teased which I can't wait for.

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!
XFL/Frasier double bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Hoss Corncave posted:

Didn't they say something about a bonus episode on Crash Holly and the 24/7 Hardcore Title period coming next in the WM2000 episode?

Yeah I thought they said this was going to be the episode.

• Locked thread