Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dunban posted:

The problem with the 3DS version being patched is this: what happens if you play local multiplayer with a friend who hasn't downloaded the patch, for whatever reasons?

It would probably tell them they need to download the patch. This isn't a new thing for Nintendo, they patched Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS and that's what it did (it would also give you a big IF YOU DON'T PATCH, YOU CANNOT PLAY MULTIPLAYER warning if you opted out of the patch).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'm calling high probability that the Wiiu announcement, if true, will reveal we ain't getting it til 2015

Why

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Oh man, there's no way. I bet November. Maybe late October though...? :zoid:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

MykonosFan posted:

It's November 21st.

Sooner than December?? :jiggled:

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

All these streamers playing 1 on 1 cpu on final destination with items off :negative:
Turn on the items, you dorks, I want to see all the cool new toys and assist trophies. :argh:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

There's no way they wait until 2015, they need these holiday sales.

The Treehouse is from 6 AM EST until 2 PM on Friday, right? I can catch up the early portion from the thread and then catch bits and pieces of it throughout the day :dance:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The wiiu version is out... Right now! To prove that nintendo is "down" with this whole internet thing, smash wiiu has been reborn as a thread to post about smash.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'm calling high probability that the Wiiu announcement, if true, will reveal we ain't getting it til 2015

There's absolutely no way that's gonna happen.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Cicadas! posted:

All these streamers playing 1 on 1 cpu on final destination with items off :negative:
Turn on the items, you dorks, I want to see all the cool new toys and assist trophies. :argh:

Most of them don't even pick the alternate costumes :argh:

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Excels posted:

Sooner than December?? :jiggled:

Gotta get that pre-Black Friday crowd. I'd say Amiibos will debut that day too. Last year Nintendo put out Zelda and Mario on the same day so I wouldn't doubt that Nintendo's not afraid of just shoving out Pokemon + Smash + Amiibos on the same day. I know I'll eat it up.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah, when it comes to that sweet late November to mid-December time period, oversaturation probably isn't the biggest of anyone's worries.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Bicyclops posted:

There's no way they wait until 2015, they need these holiday sales.

The Treehouse is from 6 AM EST until 2 PM on Friday, right? I can catch up the early portion from the thread and then catch bits and pieces of it throughout the day :dance:

Wait, they're really doing the stream that early? Who is it loving aimed at? Kids are at school and adults are at work.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Kelp Plankton posted:

It would probably tell them they need to download the patch. This isn't a new thing for Nintendo, they patched Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS and that's what it did (it would also give you a big IF YOU DON'T PATCH, YOU CANNOT PLAY MULTIPLAYER warning if you opted out of the patch).

I see, I didn't know MK7 did that.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Nintendo is gonna be raking it in this Fall/Winter.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Calaveron posted:

Wait, they're really doing the stream that early? Who is it loving aimed at? Kids are at school and adults are at work.

Europeans :smuggo:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Who is it loving aimed at?

Japan

edit: Or Europe, one of those not here places

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I can't find anything that lists the times, just the date, but I'm pretty sure that it was 6 AM, as of information that I got from this here thread a few pages ago.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Not unless the earth shifted and 10 PT is now 6 EST.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/509495978022674432

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

Not unless the earth shifted and 10 PT is now 6 EST.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/509495978022674432

Yeah, this link says the same thing, so I'm an idiot, nevermind. 1 PM EST.

http://nintendoeverything.com/smash-bros-wii-u-release-date-to-be-announced-during-fridays-treehouse-stream/

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow! 146 new posts in the smash thread! Did they announce Mewtwo?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bef posted:

Wow! 146 new posts in the smash thread! Did they announce Mewtwo?

They announced a swimsuit edition DLC.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So do we know the US one is lasting 8 hours for sure or is it just the Japanese one that's 8 hours long and people are assuming the Treehouse stream will be too?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Kelp Plankton posted:

So do we know the US one is lasting 8 hours for sure or is it just the Japanese one that's 8 hours long and people are assuming the Treehouse stream will be too?

We know for sure.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I can't find anything that lists the times, just the date, but I'm pretty sure that it was 6 AM, as of information that I got from this here thread a few pages ago.

You're probably thinking of the Japanese stream thing, that one is happening at 6 am EST.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Have some alt colors.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Red Robin

White Mage Robin?

Either way :allears:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Baw, just color swaps for Robin. Oh well :shrug:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Red-hair Robin is the best

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pikachu has Red's Hat, Gold's hat (I think) and...uhh X's hat? The default hat for X/Y's male protag. Also I think the green headband is from Ruby/Sapphire's male protag's. That's pretty great.

Jigglypuff better have a crown.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Why is Robins back to the camera? Wasn't it a big thing that everyone faces the camera now?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Is that fuckin' Pirate Hat Pikachu like from Project M?

Black/Gold and Fire Rosalina are great, though.

EDIT: Oh, just Gold's hat. That's less awesome :(

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

THE loving MOON posted:

Baw, just color swaps for Robin. Oh well :shrug:

hey man, they let you pick the gender. pretty solid on their part imo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Just where in the gently caress is leprechaun hat Pikachu? Canceling my pre-order.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Why is Robins back to the camera? Wasn't it a big thing that everyone faces the camera now?

Only for some characters. Sword fighters and others who require their weapon to always stay in the same hand still turn around like normal

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Cicadas! posted:

Here's an archive where they play actual human matches with occasional items.
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/567062497?t=19m17s

Trigger warning: contains Mew2king
Upside: contains muffled voice in the background writing a folk song about Mew2king.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Is that fuckin' Pirate Hat Pikachu like from Project M?

I think it's a backwards black & gold cap, from pokemon gold

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Robin has a bluehair option lmao

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Green hair male robin, yesss. Not the exact one I used for my first playthrough but close enough. Red hair Robin is also good but I miss her giant fluffy afro.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

sharrrk posted:

Only for some characters. Sword fighters and others who require their weapon to always stay in the same hand still turn around like normal

Fair enough, from the back Red Haired Robin kinda looks like Anna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gonna play as blue haired swordsman robin

• Locked thread