Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Wait, when did this get announced? Does this include infinity lobi weapons? And other infinity weapons?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1217861

quote:

All leveless Lobi Store Ground and Space Equipment will now stop scaling once the player reaches level 50.
More information will be available soon explaining how these items can bstill be viable for level 51 – 60 content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

I was considering dropping the cash on the Delta pack but with the amount of these consoles I use this is really making me reconsider.

They should really reign their greed in.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh gently caress you Cryptic.

Was about to pick some of that stuff up, guess not.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

MikeJF posted:

Wait, when did this get announced? Does this include infinity lobi weapons? And other infinity weapons?

Lobi weapons and consoles. They announced it yesterday.

Oh, but the ground weapons at least get a bump with some new modifiers or whatever.

...oops. Didn't refresh.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MikeJF posted:

Yeeeep.

Enjoy your tribble patch notes:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1217861

This bit you are looking for is:

All leveless Lobi Store Ground and Space Equipment will now stop scaling once the player reaches level 50.
More information will be available soon explaining how these items can bstill be viable for level 51 – 60 content.

:a2m:

Oh apparently I should refresh more or something too.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 10, 2014

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
It's like they are actively trying to kill player confidence in spending money on lockboxes and ships.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
I'm assuming that Spiral Wave Disruptors (hereafter referred to as 'pissbeams') and Retrofit Phasers from the Zen TOS Enterprise are included in this 'stop scaling' as well?

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

A Fancy Bloke posted:

It's like they are actively trying to kill player confidence in spending money on lockboxes and ships.

It won't stop nerds from obsessively owning everything that gets poo poo out. Many people will admit the game sucks however the only reason they stick around is because of the IP. Same reason why they will continue to dump cash. It's hilarious.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Maybe Galor prices will plummet now and I can finally get one.

Oh wait, no need.

MjolnirMan
Aug 15, 2006
It's Hammertime
It is, however, very appropriate for Cryptic Math that "∞ = XII"

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So this applies to ships and not just gear? Guess it's a good thing I didn't get a contortrix or whatever.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The Galor's pissbeams aren't Lobi Items, so we'll see if they're actually affected.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I imagine all Mk infinity items are.

Although to be honest I'm pretty sure it's because Cryptic has some insane system for itemization behind the scene and thee reason they won't automatically scale is because you'd need to upgrade them in the item upgrade system first, whenever that's added, with lobi stuff and pissbeams and the like getting free upgrades like the lockbox/event ships do. But Cryptic as usual shoots themselves in the foot by announcing this change before the item system's implemented.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Anything to do with extra unused BOFFs, other than attempting to sell them on the exchange or outright dismiss them?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Burning_Monk posted:

Anything to do with extra unused BOFFs, other than attempting to sell them on the exchange or outright dismiss them?

Dump them into pubbie fleets.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Tunicate posted:

Dump them into pubbie fleets.

You mean like in their bank?

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
He probably means turning them to fleet projects for fleet credits or marks or whtever that resource is called.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

I imagine all Mk infinity items are.

Although to be honest I'm pretty sure it's because Cryptic has some insane system for itemization behind the scene and thee reason they won't automatically scale is because you'd need to upgrade them in the item upgrade system first, whenever that's added, with lobi stuff and pissbeams and the like getting free upgrades like the lockbox/event ships do. But Cryptic as usual shoots themselves in the foot by announcing this change before the item system's implemented.
If they had simply listed it as "Known Issue: Leveless Lobi Store Ground and Space Equipment will now stop scaling once the player reaches level 50" then everyone would have waited until after Cryptic announced the item upgrade process before they started complaining. Oh well. Maybe if they get enough complaints they'll make sure that the leveless stuff can upgrade for free.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Emerald Rogue posted:

He probably means turning them to fleet projects for fleet credits or marks or whtever that resource is called.

You can do that with Boffs?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I really wouldn't be surprised if the MK infinity stuff pulls the stats from a 12 by x table, and they're totally unable to change the values because their database is hosed.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Speaking of not implemented yet, still no sign of secondary deflectors?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Burning_Monk posted:

You can do that with Boffs?

There are a couple upgrades that use them.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

wdarkk posted:

Speaking of not implemented yet, still no sign of secondary deflectors?
Nope! :v:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Unguided posted:

Yeah, which is why it's basically impossible to find white boffs on the exchange.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Unguided posted:

Thanks, I'll keep an eye for it and just store them in mail until then I guess.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lore question: is there anything of note the game is missing by not having the license to use stuff from the cartoon? Besides the Kirk is a Jerk uniform, that is.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Unguided posted:

Lore question: is there anything of note the game is missing by not having the license to use stuff from the cartoon? Besides the Kirk is a Jerk uniform, that is.

Kzinti :(

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Unguided posted:

Kzinti have been replaced by Ferasan.

edit: beaten.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
We will never get to travel to the planet of the giant Spock clone.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Unguided posted:

The antimatter universe where people go warp 36, stars are black and you age in reverse?

Just imagine the lockboxes that give you these ships

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Also that incredible wispy looking ship that had vented into space.

And the devil.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
And that guy who splits into parts and flies around.

Edit: Aw, poo poo. The giant tribbles.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Bieeardo posted:

Edit: Aw, poo poo. The giant tribbles.

You could have those before the bug that made them grow each time you used them got patched out.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dynamite Dog posted:

Also that incredible wispy looking ship that had vented into space.

I'd buy that in a lockbox.

Kukulan's ship was pretty sweet too:

TAS had the best alien designs, because they weren't constrained by what they could make and just went 'gently caress it'

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Korgan posted:

A bunch of botters got taken out recently, around the same time jkname did.

Expanding on this, apparently the botters were banned for farming contraband via the foundry. I'm sure none of you fine upstanding people would do that, and you probably have nothing to worry about.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Well, I learn something new every day. I never knew there was an animated series.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Korgan posted:

Expanding on this, apparently the botters were banned for farming contraband via the foundry. I'm sure none of you fine upstanding people would do that, and you probably have nothing to worry about.

With our weekly contraband stipend from the devs why would we need to farm it?

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

MoraleHazard posted:

Well, I learn something new every day. I never knew there was an animated series.

The show was voiced by the whole cast from the original show. The only exception was Walter Koenig because supposedly they couldn't afford everyone.

wikipedia posted:

Koenig was not forgotten, and later wrote an episode of the series, becoming the first Star Trek actor to write a Star Trek story. Koenig wrote "The Infinite Vulcan", which had plot elements of the original Star Trek episode "Space Seed" blended into it.

It was also the first place the holodeck appeared (called the recreation room). And of course it immediately malfunctioned and tried to kill the people inside of it.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

The show was voiced by the whole cast from the original show. The only exception was Walter Koenig because supposedly they couldn't afford everyone.

And Scotty, James Doohan, voiced literally every other character. Dude was a great actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Korgan posted:

I thought they fixed all the contra foundry exploits forever ago. Are they banning accounts for things that happened over a year ago, or did people find new ways to farm contra in the foundry?

• Locked thread