Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

broom posted:

ISO: Fruited Sour in the Rye

Not really sure how available these were or what they are worth, but if you have a kumquat, peach (or coconut? were there others?) lets talk.

FT: CW16, Straight Jacket? , I can do just about any New Glarus (Cran-Bic comes out next week) or Toppling Goliath IPAs, if none of that interests you though message me.

SitR Peach was a Hoarders-only bottle from either last year or two years ago. I don't imagine that there are too many of them left in the wild. SitR Kumquat was a RS beer from last year which has popped up in periodic "cellar sales" so it's far more likely you'll be able to land it (and I can pretty much guarantee you'll find a taker with your FT). I don't think SitR coconut was ever bottled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

IIRC it was Pineapple + Coconut that was recently growler fills only, and I've heard it's back on tap lately. However no growlers.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
didn't coconut get hosed up?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

funkybottoms posted:

Probably. #BrueryProblems

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

funkybottoms posted:

I think you're confusing that with Mash & Coconut, which allegedly was not infected and is going on tap. They elected to release Mash & Grind to the reserve society instead because of "scaling issues", whatever that means.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I'm guessing that in scaling up the recipe it wasn't as good as they wanted or something so they couldn't do millions of bottles like they'd need for RS.

I haven't commented on it in here, I don't think, but Hatful is a real bro and hooked me up with a sweet box when I asked for some TH, including a few F&M bottles I hadn't asked for. A good man. I am figuring out what halfway decent FL beers I can find to send him (it's really hard).

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Anyone going to the Bo and Luke release this week?

Looking for a pre-trade...

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ISO Hardywood blackberry wild ale

ExtremistCow
Oct 15, 2005

I'm looking for a Hill Farmstead Aaron if anyone's holding. I'm sure we can work something out.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

a worthy uhh posted:

ISO Hardywood blackberry wild ale

You mean the Snapdragon that comes out tomorrow? I got to try some and was really disappointed. It's just their Virginia Blackberry after spending some time in red wine barrels. Nothing sour or wild about it, just some vinegar flavor from the barrel. Not worth it.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

poop dood posted:

You mean the Snapdragon that comes out tomorrow? I got to try some and was really disappointed. It's just their Virginia Blackberry after spending some time in red wine barrels. Nothing sour or wild about it, just some vinegar flavor from the barrel. Not worth it.

drat. Maybe not ISO then.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Completed a small trade with swickles. He sent me some delicious CCB stuff (we don't get that anywhere close to indiana!) including my first jai alai. I've officially had every ipa on my bucket list (other than PtY). He also sent me a 'crowler' (a quart sized can) of Mexican Standoff, a delicious sounding porter from Due South brewing. Great trader!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, Avenged hooked me up with some FFF Space Station Middle Finger and some other local beers. Good trade partner!

edit: Glad the crowler made it ok. Like the day after I shipped the other two breweries in Florida that do crowlers (CCB and Cycle) stopped because of problems with leaks.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

ISO your blueberry sours and saisons

Chevalier Bertrand du Guescelin
Blueberry Flanders
Upland Blueberry
HF Blueberry Flora

Open to other bluebs too

FT a bunch of Tired Hands, Forest & Main, Spring House Reserve Society, Carton, Russian River, Firestone Walker, and other stuff I'm forgetting because I have too much. I've got a ton to trade. We can probably work out a deal.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I've got Upland, I'll open it with you.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

krustster posted:

I will look around tomorrow and see if there are any actual six packs still around here. Failing that, I do have 3 individual bottles sitting around so if you don't find anybody I can hook you up in the "bottle or two" department (if you literally just want 1-2 of them). Let me know! Also, I'll let you know.

Podima posted:

Even just a couple of bottles would do if you can't find any packs - thanks dude! :)

Following up on this exchange to confirm that krustster is a cool dude to trade with and was kind enough to throw in some neat extras (including a Black Note Stout!) along with 3 bottles of Mars. Thanks again!

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.
Ft: backyard rye, I so: HF Brother Soigne and Anna. Willing to negotiate, but I want to keep this a cheap trade please.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

Midorka posted:

Ft: backyard rye, I so: HF Brother Soigne and Anna. Willing to negotiate, but I want to keep this a cheap trade please.

Your best bet for completing a trade like this would most likely be on beeradvocate or reddit. There's way more people in the New England area on those sites than there are here.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.
Thanks for the tip.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Maybe we could put together a google doc showing locations/preferences for frequent traders on here? Biggest gaps are traders who have access to SARA and HF if I'm not mistaken.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

air- posted:

Maybe we could put together a google doc showing locations/preferences for frequent traders on here? Biggest gaps are traders who have access to SARA and HF if I'm not mistaken.

I wish SARA was closer to me - I'd drive up every weekend.

I'm down to do this setup though. I'm always ready and open to trading.

Zam fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 11, 2014

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

air- posted:

I would be down with this, but I'm not sure if I qualify as "frequent". Usually I do BIF and then probably like 3 trades a year but I'm available I guess.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Kudosx posted:

Your best bet for completing a trade like this would most likely be on beeradvocate or reddit. There's way more people in the New England area on those sites than there are here.

I really wish we had a Vermonter on SA beer threads so we could hear bitching about all the Massholes coming up and extending their HF wait times.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I would be down with this, but I'm not sure if I qualify as "frequent". Usually I do BIF and then probably like 3 trades a year but I'm available I guess.

I also wouldn't qualify as frequent at the moment, stopped all shipping trades for a bit. Just figure it would be a quick reference for who is generally open for a trade and their location, people could just shoot PM's directly if they want.

Anyhow if there's anything you guys wanna add, feel free to edit it directly:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mueo86mHwsMvf5r-vXTjzuQTxQ2XDCsjtNZx7PwKGhs/edit?usp=sharing

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

air- posted:

I also wouldn't qualify as frequent at the moment, stopped all shipping trades for a bit. Just figure it would be a quick reference for who is generally open for a trade and their location, people could just shoot PM's directly if they want.

Anyhow if there's anything you guys wanna add, feel free to edit it directly:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mueo86mHwsMvf5r-vXTjzuQTxQ2XDCsjtNZx7PwKGhs/edit?usp=sharing

I tried to clean it up a bit and add a new column. I don't know what info needs to be included here. Someone else could probably take a stab. I'm viewing it as a sort of running ISO list without having to rely on reddit because seriously gently caress reddit

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Also I'm planning on bringing a shipper with me when I go to Denver during GABF/WTF time. Though it'll mostly have bottles I plan to share with goons, I'm happy to talk if anyone is interested in doing an in person trade!

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

Podima posted:

Following up on this exchange to confirm that krustster is a cool dude to trade with and was kind enough to throw in some neat extras (including a Black Note Stout!) along with 3 bottles of Mars. Thanks again!

Enjoy brother,,,, like I said if you need a hookup for the other planets I should be able to help you out (and in larger quantities).

Hauki
May 11, 2010

air- posted:

Also I'm planning on bringing a shipper with me when I go to Denver during GABF/WTF time. Though it'll mostly have bottles I plan to share with goons, I'm happy to talk if anyone is interested in doing an in person trade!

Any more plans for a goon share? It'll heavily depend on timing for me, as I've got friends flying in and staying with us for the festival.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

I'm about 60 miles from SARA but have never traded. Also not in the most financially stable place right now. When I'm a bit better off I can probably start heading out there for at least bottle releases, if not more. Also fairly close to Cellarmaker, Rare Barrel, and other Bay Area stuff.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Hauki posted:

Any more plans for a goon share? It'll heavily depend on timing for me, as I've got friends flying in and staying with us for the festival.

Yeah we're doing one on October 3. Feel free to bring your friends. Looks like you don't have PM's, I am using email to coordinate so post yours here or something?

E: FYAD Secretary, your inbox is about to get blown the gently caress up hahahahahah

air- fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 12, 2014

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

I'm about 60 miles from SARA but have never traded. Also not in the most financially stable place right now. When I'm a bit better off I can probably start heading out there for at least bottle releases, if not more. Also fairly close to Cellarmaker, Rare Barrel, and other Bay Area stuff.

You and I are going to be very very good friends.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

air- posted:

Yeah we're doing one on October 3. Feel free to bring your friends. Looks like you don't have PM's, I am using email to coordinate so post yours here or something?

E: FYAD Secretary, your inbox is about to get blown the gently caress up hahahahahah

Cool, not 100% sure I can make that work, but I'm definitely interested. Hit me up at morgant x at google mail

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i know the chances are basically nil, but if anyone has a HF Aaron or a 2005 750ml c&c Burton Baton (for a friend), i'm willing to go hard in the paint.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

I"m hunting down this year's Bo and Luke... anyone come across that yet?

I've had a few trades fall through on Reddit, but I'm really hunting another bottle down.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Just completed (on his end) another trade with Catfish Noodlin'.

Sent his box back yesterday.

Great trader!

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Vertigo posted:

Just completed (on his end) another trade with Catfish Noodlin'.

Sent his box back yesterday.

Great trader!

Thank you sir!

As evidence of Vertigo's munifiscence, in addition to all the fire Hill Farmstead and Prarie beers he sent me, he threw in this:

An '07 Brown Ale, something I can say I never thought I would have a chance to try.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Had to throw in an excellent freebie to counteract all the awful Bomb! and HF beers I sent your way.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ISO your BA Mexican Cakes
FT ~other beers~

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

HatfulOfHollow posted:

ISO your BA Mexican Cakes
FT ~other beers~

and when he's taken care of...

(i'm joking, but i'm serious)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Do we have anyone in Oklahoma?

ISO: Fred's Blend
FT: Texas stuff (can pre trade and wait until TX only Prairie is out), Cantillon

Hopefully someone in Tulsa/OKC, I'd be down to meet somewhere halfway between Dallas.

• Locked thread